• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The basic is gist is that because the TSO's are accepted as having the ability to Nullify Ninjutsu, and that very ability having been specifically highlighted in the Minato moment, then it's more likely that Edo Tensei itself was nullified in this instance. That's the argument, more or less.
Eh but madara black rods can nullify ninjustu as shown with sasuke amaterasu. But it cannot and was not able to do that to edo. Doesn't it suggest that nullifying ninjustu isn't what's causing it?

The basic is gist is that because the TSO's are accepted as having the ability to Nullify Ninjutsu, and that very ability having been specifically highlighted in the Minato moment, then it's more likely that Edo Tensei itself was nullified in this instance. That's the argument, more or less.
If It neutralized Edo Tensei, why didn't Minato's soul have arms when Edo Tensei was corrupted

Last edited:
Oh you meant the Rinnegan rods? I misunderstood you. Anyway, those don't nullify ninjutsu.
Well do you remember when madara wa trying to make obito use rinne rebirth? The scene where obito was instead resisting and doing the signs to be the 10 tails jinjuriki ? If I remember correctly sasuke fired a susanoo amaterasu arrow and madara used 3 rods to nullify it. Unless if I missed something

It neutralized Edo Tensei, why didn't Minato's soul have arms when Edo Tensei was corrupted
The argument goes that since Edo Tensei is a Jutsu that summons and binds souls from the Pure Land, then those bound souls were released from their binding and returned to the Pure Land when the TSO nullified the Jutsu.
As for why only the arms were released, that would be because the TSO only affects things that they make direct physical contact with, aka only the point of impact, which is the arm in this case.

Well do you remember when madara wa trying to make obito use rinne rebirth? The scene where obito was instead resisting and doing the signs to be the 10 tails jinjuriki ? If I remember correctly sasuke fired a susanoo amaterasu arrow and madara used 3 rods to nullify it. Unless if I missed something
He didn't nullify it, just kinda matched them in AP. It was a physical clash, no indication of anything else going on here.

He didn't nullify it, just kinda matched them in AP. It was a physical clash, no indication of anything else going on here.
I mean in the anime the flames was kinda completely put out. And ion think an ap clash is going to out out amaterasu. Sasuke also seemed very shocked. If it was a clash then the amaterasu should have still vaporised the rods. Kinda like itach and sasuke fire clash.

I mean in the anime the flames was kinda completely put out. And ion think an ap clash is going to out out amaterasu. Sasuke also seemed very shocked. If it was a clash then the amaterasu should have still vaporised the rods. Kinda like itach and sasuke fire clash.
The arrows are still tangible physical objects, so even if the flames aren't put out, Madara still managed to stop them in their tracks, which is what he was going for.
You also gotta realize that the black receivers have never been shown or stated to have the ability to nullify ninjutsu, so it'd be a massive assumption to assert that they do solely based on this interaction and nothing else. This is especially true when this interaction in and of itself isn't a clear cut showcase of power null imo.

I will also like to point out that the rods also negated edo regen. Tobirama could not regen anymore same as hashirama.
I think madara Rinnegan rods are different from nagato. Maybe Coz edo madara kinda has low budget hagoromo chakra his rods somewhat mimick some qualities of tso?
So like it's not just one instant. Nullifying edo regen is still part of Nullifying ninjustu. But it still didn't affect the soul

The arrows are still tangible physical objects, so even if the flames aren't put out, Madara still managed to stop them in their tracks, which is what he was going for.
You also gotta realize that the black receivers have never been shown or stated to have the ability to nullify ninjutsu, so it'd be a massive assumption to assert that they do solely based on this interaction and nothing else. This is especially true when this interaction in and of itself isn't a clear cut showcase of power null imo.
No like I'm saying in the anime the flames were completely put out like turned off. For a hax like amaterasu doesn't that strike you as power null? And yes it is just one scene which is why I just cited another. They also nulled edo regen.

I think we need to stop treating madara rods like pain.

And for the fact that the rod did not null sakura regen but edo regen also points more to the fact that it is nullifying edo tensei itself

I will also like to point out that the rods also negated edo regen. Tobirama could not regen anymore same as hashirama.
I think madara Rinnegan rods are different from nagato. Maybe Coz edo madara kinda has low budget hagoromo chakra his rods somewhat mimick some qualities of tso?
So like it's not just one instant. Nullifying edo regen is still part of Nullifying ninjustu. But it still didn't affect the soul
It didn't nullify their regeneration, it just paralyzed them (which is an established ability of the rods) . Once they were removed, they regenerated just fine. You can't really heal with something still embedded in your wound after all.

It didn't nullify their regeneration, it just paralyzed them (which is an established ability of the rods) . Once they were removed, they regenerated just fine. You can't really heal with something still embedded in your wound after all.
I know they did regen eventually but it nullified it for a while. Even the entire time that tobirama had his removed he didn't regen. He still had the holes there. I think they all regened when the rods completely stopped existing when madara kaguya and that kinda makes sense

I know they did regen eventually but it nullified it for a while. Even the entire time that tobirama had his removed he didn't regen. He still had the holes there. I think they all regened when the rods completely stopped existing when madara kaguya and that kinda makes sense
Karo, come on, of course they wouldn't regenerate when the rods were literally still inside them 💀
And Edos don't always regenerate instantly, sometimes they take a little bit.

Eh well true sha. So my agenda just has one shaky feat. Damn
Look Imma be honest with you, I can kinda see both sides, cause it's not really something super conclusive. I just feel like the power null interpretation is slightly more supported and can be arrived at with less assumptions. That's the only reason I favor it, for now.

I made the Discussion Rule for TSO given that the evidence provided to us through the Databooks and Manga don't actually support Soul Erasure when TSO's basic nullification property already explains the effect.

You have to make a large assumption that contradicts the initial nullification statement in conjunction with the original scene of Edo's not regenerating.

I was tired of multiple threads of the same argument and thought the upcoming Boruto manga (at the time) would bring back TSO but hey Kishimoto forgot all about them.

The anime and novels mitigate this slightly, but the manga is atrocious in this regard 100%.
True, but I disregard them since Kishi didn't have creative control over them.

Plus the anime is just straight-up not canon with all its contradictions to the manga.

Amenotejikara this and that, Sasuke running out of Chakra... imagine if he had an ability that let's him absorb Chakra? Oh.

Buddy pointed this out to me

Kishi def did this on purpose lmfao

RDT_20231113_1625494019911987656614350.png
Choji Villain arc when?

1. 10 Tails oiled up twerking
  2. Kawaki saying he'd win
  3. Code being a fraud as usual
  4. Kishimoto's never ending agenda of capping the verse at moon level
Code gonna have to become a 10 tails Jinchuuriki or he's going to be a Boruto victim forever.

Also, Boruto is wrecking everyone rn, has Kawaki not been practicing?

Code gonna have to become a 10 tails Jinchuuriki or he's going to be a Boruto victim forever.
Code's gonna be a jobber until maybe he gets his Shigaraki-esque moment. And then will either turn good(which I doubt. He's a sheep through and through) or die.
Also, Boruto is wrecking everyone rn, has Kawaki not been practicing?
Why would he? He's got daddy Amado. Also that's in line with his dichotomy with Boruto.

Back