• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Why does Koto being able to affect Edo make it superior in totality to the IT? Koto cannot place the entire planet under a GJ at the same time. Why does one minor advantage make it entirely better?
1. Doesn't require you to gather all the tailed beast for some mumbo jumbo
2. Doens't require you to have special eyes to summon the gedo statue
3. Actually works on the dead along with some other jutsu
4. Itachi
5. Has the feats of working on the dead

Cause koto has better showings? I think it's weird and stupid all of a sudden IT can't affect edo, sound genjutsu does and genjutsu sharingan does too.
If it was stated superior would it not just give IT the ability?
Why does Koto being able to affect Edo make it superior in totality to the IT? Koto cannot place the entire planet under a GJ at the same time. Why does one minor advantage make it entirely better?
Coz it would make koto superior without the range. The range comes from the reflection of light off the moon. something the eye itself does. But the genjutsu itself is just individual. Like it would make koto superior to IT on a planet without a moon.

None of those make Koto more potent of a genjutsu.
thing is without a moon the 3rd eye genjutsu would have zero feats of being superior to koto as there was no one it worked on with resistance to koto. what's worse is koto working on the dead just contradicts it being the most potent. It has to work just like koto for the statement to be valid

If it was stated superior would it not just give IT the ability?
What do you mean?
Coz it would make koto superior without the range. The range comes from the reflection of light off the moon. something the eye itself does. But the genjutsu itself ijust individual. Like it would make koto superior to IT on a planet without a moon.
IRC, didn't Kaguya use her Byakugan to reflect it or something before the moon was created?
I'm very foggy on naruto stuff , but wasn't koto stated to be the strongest genjutsu or something ? Or was that before Inf Tsuki was introduced ?
Idk, IT was introduced during Madara meeting up with an underage Obito and bringing him back to his cave. I don't know if he said it was the strongest or not.

the IT having a single weakness doesn’t make it inferior to Koto. The IT can have more potent mind hax and that makes it superior. Or it’s the ultimate GJ because it can capture every living being under it. It being the ultimate GJ doesn’t grant it the abilities of every other GJ like Koto working on dead people.

the IT having a single weakness doesn’t make it inferior to Koto.
It's kinda mid tbh.
The IT can have more potent mind hax and that makes it superior.
How do you measure the potent mind hax, though? Cause we have a statement from the layer page for genjutsu that koto is the second strongest(US link is broken who could have guessed), The Last Sasuke is said to have the strongest.

the IT having a single weakness doesn’t make it inferior to Koto. The IT can have more potent mind hax and that makes it superior. Or it’s the ultimate GJ because it can capture every living being under it. It being the ultimate GJ doesn’t grant it the abilities of every other GJ like Koto working on dead people.
the former requires proof that is just not there while the latter does not grant layered potency like it has now

koto can capture edo and overwrite their preexisting mind manipulation. It does not seem minor to me at all. I'm not asking for it to get special abilities of ms genjutsu like tsukyomi. Working on the dead did not seem like a perk based on ability but rather just pure potency as itachi described it as being able to rewrite edo tensei coz there is no genjutsu more powerful than it. So if a genjutsu is stated more powerful than koto then should it not follow suit?
What do you mean?

IRC, didn't Kaguya use her Byakugan to reflect it or something before the moon was created?

Idk, IT was introduced during Madara meeting up with an underage Obito and bringing him back to his cave. I don't know if he said it was the strongest or not.
If kaguya used byakugan then it just supports me more> it would mean the range is not a perk of the genjutsu itself but an added ability and as such the genjutsu in a one om one is less

So if a genjutsu is stated more powerful than koto then should it not follow suit?
And yet there is plain feats on screen that IT not work on edo while koto did work.

Even a perfect jin like naruto needed sasuke susanoo umbrella to not get negged by IT while the edo were perfectly fine. Only logical conclusion would be that IT don't work on dead people.

Member the original Madara V Aizen thread? You were the one who started the whole debate about IT working on the dead and Zetsu. I was mainly defending your argument.

Sure. How many?
It's only stated that it's possible for Haku to move at light speed, not that he does. So characters scaling above him doesn't mean they scale to light speed. His normal movement speed just isn't light speed at all.
Characters that are stronger than him indeed are faster then him too. Let's use Edo-Haku, who's not only stated stronger but also cannot hold back cuz Kabuto is controlling him gets intercepted by base Lee and Guy. It's utter nonsense that Haku would even remotely be around the high-tiers.
The meta you proposed is just not supported.
It's under the works lol
Kakashi cutting lightning and BZ knows all about Kakashi, yet It's impossible to dodge?
I'm telling you that they don't have anything that remotely connect them scaling wise
One is an anbu. One is a Jonin.
There are some anbu members who scale above Jonins and vice versa
Protecting Tsunade, or any hokage for that matter, is a non factor. Anyone strong enough to threaten tsunade no diffs him. Naruto had a Chunin as a bodyguard. That's not grounds for putting her against, say, Asuma.
Even worse, it's in the new era. The same era where kakashi is massively above his war arc self. And where randoms can train hard enough to surpass itachi
Ofc the main argument is rankings and him having decent skills, along with wither or not he's a new era shinobi or not.
That's fine as long as they have feats Kakashi is fine, Yamato is fine, Guy is fine.
Now protecting Tsunade is a factor hence they're selected by the Kage, but yes ofc they get no diffed by anyone strong enough to threaten her. Is it stated that Mirai is not as strong as Asuma?
Kakashi is obvious but if you don't mind could you show me the randoms?

You're proving my point. Haku is stated to be capable of POSSIBLY moving that the speed of light. Not that he always does, or even has in series. Light fang is a mistranslation, it actually states that it's impossible to block.

Characters that are stronger than him indeed are faster then him too. Let's use Edo-Haku, who's not only stated stronger but also cannot hold back cuz Kabuto is controlling him gets intercepted by base Lee and Guy. It's utter nonsense that Haku would even remotely be around the high-tiers.
That's a non argument. It would also fall on you to prove that this makes Lee and Guy FTL. You can intercept light speed attacks and be less than the speed of light.

It's under the works lol

Kakashi cutting lightning and BZ knows all about Kakashi, yet It's impossible to dodge?
Kakashi cutting lightning is another non feat. He doesn't have to be lightning speed to cut lightning. Just like dodging an attack doesn't inherently make you as fast or faster than the attack, it's all about how much distance you move relative to the attack. Cutting lightning doesn't make him as fast as lightning.

Since we know that in the Naruto/boruto verse, a planets chakra is directly correlated to its rotation and its orbit, why’re the otsutsuki’s still at moon level? Didn’t isshiki say they’ve consumed “countless” of planets over thousands of years? We finally have a way to calc how powerful a Chakra fruit is, why isn’t it being used? Seeing as shibai are enough planets to become ******* 4D and create a new universe lmao it has to be strong asf

Since we know that in the Naruto/boruto verse, a planets chakra is directly correlated to its rotation and its orbit, why’re the otsutsuki’s still at moon level? Didn’t isshiki say they’ve consumed “countless” of planets over thousands of years? We finally have a way to calc how powerful a Chakra fruit is, why isn’t it being used? Seeing as shibai are enough planets to become ******* 4D and create a new universe lmao it has to be strong asf
It's not confirmed to be planet's chakra. That's just what Boruto calls it for convenience. He even says this in the latest chapter I think. We have no idea if it's the same planet's chakra that God tree extracts.

Also I'm not sure how you're gonna argue absorbing 5B chakra == 5B AP.

That’s not entirely true. He’s stated to be specifically using the orbital and rotational chakra from the planet but it’s still the planets chakra.

For example he states his feet have to be on the ground to take in the planetary chakra. He’s not saying he’s not using the planets chakra he’s saying he’s only using the rotational properties of it.

Why wouldn’t evolving after eating 5b chakra and making it your own give 5b ap lol.

That’s not entirely true. He’s stated to be specifically using the orbital and rotational chakra from the planet but it’s still the planets chakra.

For example he states his feet have to be on the ground to take in the planetary chakra. He’s not saying he’s not using the planets chakra he’s saying he’s only using the rotational properties of it.

Why wouldn’t evolving after eating 5b chakra and making it your own give 5b ap lol.
I have a bridge to sell you

Back