• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
You know, going back to the lack of feats in Boruto, I still find it crazy going back and looking at this scan and knowing the Juubi erases everything in that panel. The perspective goes crazy and it REALLY drives home the, “Authors don’t draw to scale unless they are Murata”…

0571-003.png

I'm not exactly a Naruto UES stan, but I also don't think characters really have attacks that are too gargantuanly stronger than anything else they have with very special exceptions, at least when it's a jutsu that comes from their own chakra and not an external source like Kirin or the Ashura Avatar.
That still doesn’t aid your case considering Sage Mode (which Naruto is in) is an externally powered source. Plus the idea that they don’t have any large amps for internally sourced powers is rather unsubstantiated.

I'm not scaling Kurama to the MAS, but Naruto and Sasuke (and Minato) outside of that who can damage the TSOs.
Normal TSOs =/= Nunoboko

Really not analogous, Kurama being a few percentages of Kaguya's power is based on the assumption that chakra amps are additive, when the opposite is portrayed on many occasions, while this is just saying Kurama should be in the range of half as strong as BSM Naruto + SEMS Sasuke/KCM Minato without fusion, who are <~Regular TSOs usage, with the Sword of Nunoboku being like one or two video game upgrade levels above regular TSOs. Certainly not a stretch to say Kurama is more than 1/13,367,621th as strong as it. Heck, High 6-A might even be a lowball.
Yeah I’m not saying the assumptions are the same. I’m saying both assumptions are unsubstantiated. Also, the Nunoboko is just not comparable to a normal TSO, normal TSOs aren’t proportional in power to your willpower. Nunoboko is clearly special, and saying it’s mostly only a change in form is just reductive.

He does have a respectable take on the ETSO, being semi agnostic on whether it’s destroying a ~planet sized realm vs one with a star. 5-B and High 6-A (exaton) level Kurama is still mad goofy.
in his recent video he scaled naruto to multi-solar to universal tho. he scaled Goku at low multiversal like he usually does

in his recent video he scaled naruto to multi-solar to universal tho. he scaled Goku at low multiversal like he usually does
If it was a vs Goku video then he was probably giving Naruto every benefit of the doubt to show that it doesn’t matter and Goku still stomps.

I mean one piece has been going on for 20+ years and is hardly moon level. Same thing with naruto/boruto.
I mean a series not having solid tier 5 scaling isn’t really bad power progression per se. Me personally I believe One Piece has a gradual and consistent rise through tier 7 and tier 6 all the way up to around 6-B/6-A (I don’t really buy the tier 5 OP stuff). So in that lens its power progression feels very natural and organic which is a good thing. Same for Naruto really, they climb through like every sub tier of tier 6 all the way up to 5-C and Low 5-B. Again a very natural and gradual progression, which I’d say is a good thing. Basically as long as the progression makes sense whatever the jumps are, I’d reckon makes the power progression fine.

I mean a series not having solid tier 5 scaling isn’t really bad power progression per se. Me personally I believe One Piece has a gradual and consistent rise through tier 7 and tier 6 all the way up to around 6-B/6-A (I don’t really buy the tier 5 OP stuff). So in that lens its power progression feels very natural and organic which is a good thing. Same for Naruto really, they climb through like every sub tier of tier 6 all the way up to 5-C and Low 5-B. Again a very natural and gradual progression, which I’d say is a good thing. Basically as long as the progression makes sense whatever the jumps are, I’d reckon makes the power progression fine.
I know its much more natural and better paced, what I mean is it feels....kinda underwhelming now. Like we have discount walmart saiyans known as the otsutsuki and still stuck at tier 6/low tier 5 at best

I mean one piece has been going on for 20+ years and is hardly moon level. Same thing with naruto/boruto.
It's usually for plot based reasons
Outside of Kaguya, nobody in Naruto had the motivation to blow up the planet.
Madara's goal and by extension, Obito's was to create a new world with infinite tsukuyomi
Sasuke and most definitely, Naruto have no reason to nuke the planet
Can they? Probably
But them doing it goes against the narrative

It's usually for plot based reasons
Outside of Kaguya, nobody in Naruto had the motivation to blow up the planet.
Madara's goal and by extension, Obito's was to create a new world with infinite tsukuyomi
Sasuke and most definitely, Naruto have no reason to nuke the planet
Can they? Probably
But them doing it goes against the narrative
This is your answer to most fictional stories that have planet busters that never blow up planets, most authors arnt powerscalers, planet busting rarely comes from them just wanting the characters to be "strong" its normally a scenario thats meant to frame the characters , set the stakes or a consequence.

When King Vegeta casually blows up the planets in dragonball with his finger, the directors and animators intent isnt for you to say "Oh wow these guys are so strong i bet they cant beat insert this character" the point your meant to take away from it is that Saiyans are evil and they destroy planets with no regard to life.

This is your answer to most fictional stories that have planet busters that never blow up planets, most authors arnt powerscalers, planet busting rarely comes from them just wanting the characters to be "strong" its normally a scenario thats meant to frame the characters , set the stakes or a consequence.

When King Vegeta casually blows up the planets in dragonball with his finger, the directors and animators intent isnt for you to say "Oh wow these guys are so strong i bet they cant beat insert this character" the point your meant to take away from it is that Saiyans are evil and they destroy planets with no regard to life.
Spot on
Toneri splitting the moon even though it was his home made sense because he was eventually going to destroy the moon by throwing it to earth.
Which was like the premise of the movie
Give hamura the same skill set and he'll most likely not do the same thing

Test and Shadow spittin. Which is why I do think that we are going to get some kind of planetary feat in Boruto, given there’s a narrative of the planet itself fighting back (that’s what Uzuhiko is in Boruto’s eyes). Plus I do think that Ikemoto and Kishimoto are going to want to show visually in a spectacular way that Boruto truly does surpass Naruto and Sasuke, and what better way to do that than showing Boruto performing grander feats than creating and destroying moons. Time will tell I guess.

Test and Shadow spittin. Which is why I do think that we are going to get some kind of planetary feat in Boruto, given there’s a narrative of the planet itself fighting back (that’s what Uzuhiko is in Boruto’s eyes). Plus I do think that Ikemoto and Kishimoto are going to want to show visually in a spectacular way that Boruto truly does surpass Naruto and Sasuke, and what better way to do that than showing Boruto performing grander feats than creating and destroying moons. Time will tell I guess.
Tbh given how god tier characters are surprised when someone creates a small crater, I'm not too hopeful

I have absolutely no faith in them giving us beyond Tier 8-7 feats. The only 2 individuals I can see getting us there are Jura / Shibai. Even then, they aren’t going to destroy the earth bc the narrative is revolving around getting a chakra fruit. I don’t even see them threatening another dimensional world tbh…

Even with Shibai though, outside of a Flashback, there is no reason for him to be shown exerting such power. ESPECIALLY with his main power being just Reality Warping.

I can see statements being made, but no feats. I put my money on hax stocks, which is most likely.

I wanna meet the people who said that power creep and power levels are gonna go crazy in boruto and be dbz tier. I just wanna have a little talk with these people

It's more so stupid that we haven't gotten feats in specific scenarios where Naruto and Sasuke don't have to worry about collateral

Such as when they fought Jigen the first time in that other plane, Sasuke was all specifically like

"Here we don't have to worry about out surroundings" implying they can go wild with their DC

But we get nothing above like some small destruction of the ground ( barely )

Or how about during Round 2 with Isshiki...once again in another dimension where they can go wild

Even if you wanna argue they know he can just shrinks their attacks now at the very least that doesn't negate my first example when they didn't know yet and just believed him to have Karma

The blue balling is beyond stupid

And it's not like Ikemoto can't draw large scales, the omnipotence shot from Eida proved this

What did man sell his soul to Satan himself to be able to draw that one panel?

It's more so stupid that we haven't gotten feats in specific scenarios where Naruto and Sasuke don't have to worry about collateral

Such as when they fought Jigen the first time in that other plane, Sasuke was all specifically like

"Here we don't have to worry about out surroundings" implying they can go wild with their DC

Or how about during Round 2 with Isshiki...once again in another dimension where they can go wild

Even if you wanna argue they know he can just shrinks their attacks now at the very least that doesn't negate my first example when they didn't know yet and just believed him to have Karma

And it's not like Ikemoto can't draw large scales, the omnipotence shot from Eida proved this

My thoughts 100%. Like you’re telling me people who can cut moons in half in a dimension with no consequences barely kicked up some dirt, cmon man.

My thoughts 100%. Like you’re telling me people who can cut moons in half in a dimension with no consequences barely kicked up some dirt, cmon man.

At this point the only way I think we're getting any big feats is maybe in the final arc if we get some type of war arc between the otsutsuki and shinobi, maybe even other species

But other than that idk anymore bro I'm just so tired

Even the Anime more so just makes the fighting look better rather than add big flashy feats

Kishi could draw the manga, or at the very least have Okubo ( the guy who drew Samurai 8 - which had amazing art despite the story btw ) to draw it

But it's clear he doesn't really care much for Boruto and is just cruising by, I mean he's already set for life

At this point the only way I think we're getting any big feats is maybe in the final arc if we get some type of war arc between the otsutsuki and shinobi, maybe even other species

But other than that idk anymore bro I'm just so tired

Even the Anime more so just makes the fighting look better rather than add big flashy feats

Kishi could draw the manga, or at the very least have Okubo ( the guy who drew Samurai 8 - which had amazing art despite the story btw ) to draw it

But it's clear he doesn't really care much for Boruto and is just cruising by, I mean he's already set for life
I wish Baryon mode Naruto fired Bijuudama lasers like the Juubi and just diced up everything with like nine lasers coming out of his tails. That would’ve been so cool imo

I wish Baryon mode Naruto fired Bijuudama lasers like the Juubi and just diced up everything with like nine lasers coming out of his tails. That would’ve been so cool imo
I was hoping with all of those tails he had in BYM

He was going to bring back the Super Bijuu Rasenshuriken he used against Kaguya

One element per tail

Would have been SICK

as perfect cell said, "why do I feel like I'm not the only one being blue balled right now?"
Thats legit how I felt after that fight. i was hoping the anime might show some good destructive feats but nothing, nada. I had to watch some dragon ball to finally relieve the blue balls

Even the momoshiki fight which is cited as being the best physical showing in boruto barely has much above city level feats at best and that also happened in another dimension where they could go wild without worrying about collateral damage

Back