• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Finally finished land of the waves arc, pretty good all around. Good action,good world building and great character moments. Zabuza death was arguably the highlight for me(with Naruto going berserk being a close second). And Sakura is slightly less annoying so that’s something to

Finally finished land of the waves arc, pretty good all around. Good action,good world building and great character moments. Zabuza death was arguably the highlight for me(with Naruto going berserk being a close second). And Sakura is slightly less annoying so that’s something to
Oh, if Sakura very becoming slightly less annoying is something you're a fan of, just you wait.

Fair enough, but Zabuza is just averse to showing emotions. He's the type to buy a bunch of shit for Haku and just say "here, this didn't fit me, so you can have it I guess."
I fine that somewhat hard to believe even after seeing his death. His whole thing was realizing how shitty he was to haku and wished he could have atleast thanked him when he was alive

I fine that somewhat hard to believe even after seeing his death. His whole thing was realizing how shitty he was to haku and wished he could have atleast thanked him when he was alive
I completely disagree with that interpretation. We don't see his thoughts even once. He specifically says "I've lost everything," and states that Haku is going someplace other than hell. The "I used Haku just like they all used me" was a facade to hide his tears. He didn't say "I wish I could've thanked you while you were alive," he said "Thanks. I'm sorry." He also shows a deep understanding of how Haku feels with the "What Haku did... was not just for me" part. It was not framed as "Naruto changed his entire perception of reality with one speech," it was pretty clear that those were just him not wanting to cry because, again, demons aren't meant to show emotion.

I completely disagree with that interpretation. We don't see his thoughts even once. He specifically says "I've lost everything," and states that Haku is going someplace other than hell. The "I used Haku just like they all used me" was a facade to hide his tears. He didn't say "I wish I could've thanked you while you were alive," he said "Thanks. I'm sorry." He also shows a deep understanding of how Haku feels with the "What Haku did... was not just for me" part. It was not framed as "Naruto changed his entire perception of reality with one speech," it was pretty clear that those were just him not wanting to cry because, again, demons aren't meant to show emotion.
That’s fair, probably should have worded it better but eh. I’m not trying to say he didn’t feel anything for haku before hand, I’m just saying that I don’t think he was as tsundre as your saying. He cared for him sure but I feel like he kinda just shoved those feelings deep down and went about his ways to shape him into a weapon. And said emotions only really come to the surface after Naruto’s speech.

That’s fair, probably should have worded it better but eh. I’m not trying to say he didn’t feel anything for haku before hand, I’m just saying that I don’t think he was as tsundre as your saying. He cared for him sure but I feel like he kinda just shoved those feelings deep down and went about his ways to shape him into a weapon. And said emotions only really come to the surface after Naruto’s speech.
Well, yeah. I wouldn't say that he really shoved those feelings down and didn't believe he had them or something, I just think maybe he thought if he showed emotions, he would be seen as weaker, putting the two of them in danger. Maybe he thought Haku wouldn't respect him, or that enemies wouldn't seem him as being a proper opponent, if he wasn't the Demon of the Mist 24/7. He only really cried because he had nothing left, and Naruto's words kinda just dug into his brain-meat like a nice, pointy shovel.

I’m at the chunnin exams preliminary test and I’m digging the whole shonbi gathering info and cheating thing but I gotta say most of the main cast should have had 5 point deduction by now. The sand village dude has a whole ass puppet posed as a sentinel, sauske and the white eye dude are straight up using eye powers, gara and the long blonde hair chick are straight up using ninjutsu, the chick with rock lee got a whole ass mirror setup somehow and the coat kid has a whole ass dog barking answers for him. Get these bums outta here.

What are y'all's thoughts on this?
92953a9d-ab13-4e00-aca9-0272896c3fe0

Back