• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
TBV has been pretty solid indeed. I wouldn't call it a masterpiece, but it is definitely decent. But people won't trust the quality because it's hard to neutralize years of mediocrity with just a few chapters. Which is why a lot of people downplay TBV's quality.

Edit: Which is why AOT is a miracle lmao. It's nigh impossible to turn your audience that much with just a couple of pages.

TBV has been pretty solid indeed. I wouldn't call it a masterpiece, but it is definitely decent. But people won't trust the quality because it's hard to neutralize years of mediocrity with just a few chapters. Which is why a lot of people downplay TBV's quality.

Edit: Which is why AOT is a miracle lmao. It's nigh impossible to turn your audience that much with just a couple of pages.
You really nailed it there. The last 5 or so chapters of the Pre-TS as well as TBV have actually been pretty decent, but the problem is that we were still subjected to, like, 7 years of excruciating dogshit beforehand. And the horrendous pacing didn't help matters either. Tbf, the pacing is still my only major complaint with TBV, but that's more so an unfortunate consequence of that monthly release schedule. This series needs to be weekly or bi-weekly. It'd significantly improve if that were to happen.

This series needs to be weekly or bi-weekly. It'd significantly improve if that were to happen.
I agree but that's never gonna happen. Kishimoto loves his retirement plan, and Ikemoto's wants his career to be about as hectic as Kishimoto's retirement. The best we can hope for is that the pacing is gonna be ironed out in the Anime. But even that I'm not too sure because of how burnt out Pierrot is gonna be after TYBW. If the company needs a cash cow (because that's how the company is structured), Boruto is gonna be their first target. Or conversely, maybe they have turned a new leaf and decided to do manga like BC and TBV justice.

TBV has been mid so far. Don't get the hype behind it. Boruto tries to be "edgy Sasuke" and all of a sudden, it's considered peak. Can someone tell me what makes TBV better than pre timeskip? It seems pretty much the same to me.

Boruto tries to be "edgy Sasuke" and all of a sudden, it's considered peak.
You can dumb down any show like that. Here lemme have a go at it: "Berserk is just a gay couple having a rocky break up". Also I never understood why people call Boruto edgy? That's what growing up usually is like irl. He's just mature and quieter now. I hardly see grown ups acting like every day is a picnic. Back in my days we used to call shows like "Future Diary" or "Higurashi" edgy. Good times.

"Edgy Sasuke" as if he didn't have the whole world turn against him, his parents sealed, his master "sealed", his brother turned traitor and a god trying to possess him.

Come on, be fr 💀
Bro was edgy asf💀
You can dumb down any show like that. Here lemme have a go at it: "Berserk is just a gay couple having a rocky break up". Also I never understood why people call Boruto edgy? That's what growing up usually is like irl. He's just mature and quieter now. I hardly see grown ups acting like every day is a picnic. Back in my days we used to call shows like "Future Diary" or "Higurashi" edgy. Good times.
I never implied Boruto had to act the same way he was in pre timeskip. But it's undoubtedly obvious he's trying to be like Sasuke so badly. It's showing in his mannerism. It's not even fanboyism anymore. It's just plain **********. Bro dickrides Sasuke just as badly as Kawaki does to Naruto.

I never implied Boruto had to act the same way he was in pre timeskip. But it's undoubtedly obvious he's trying to be like Sasuke so badly. It's showing in his mannerism. It's not even fanboyism anymore. It's just plain **********. Bro dickrides Sasuke just as badly as Kawaki does to Naruto.
My comment was geared more towards the "edgy" part. Anyone who has read the manga knows Boruto admires Sasuke a lot, so there is an inverse explanation for that. It's fine if you don't like it, but it's not illogical that he's like Sasuke when we see him like that in literally the first few panels of the Manga. If that makes the manga mid for you then idk man, cool I guess. Saying TBV is the same as NNG means that you didn't understand the flaws of NNG in the first place.

Last edited:
I do agree that he's a Sasuke fanboy. But that's also a part of his character and was always his driving goal as a kid. He looked up to Sasuke and wanted to be just like him.

The (contrived) plot-twist enabled Boruto to emulate Sasuke in a similar fashion. And him protecting Sarada (and Konoha by extension) from Code is a direct callback to Boruto's promise to Sarada in NNG, when he said he'd support her as a Shadow Kage (like Sasuke) who watches over and protects the Village from the shadows. To me, that is cool.

We might see Boruto become less "edgy" as the timeskip goes forward now that he's in the village. Of course there's still some drama and tension that needs to be relieved, before he fully relaxes, but we can see from his reaction from seeing Hima and Sarada, that he's far far more emotional than Sasuke was, and isn't just an edgy character.

TBV is still ass because it's the result of a ******* deus ex machina named "omnipotence" wich itself was the culmination of absolute ass. Oh, and it happened because Ada have a crush and is horny.

Instead of actually trying to slowly build a story where Boruto become exiled from konoha out of his own actions and personal convictions or even done via an actual conspiracy painting him as something he isn't overtime exploiting his lazy and self centered nature from the early story, it's done out of nowhere with a finger snap at the last moment without him having done anything wrong.Actual She-hulk finale level of bad.

Those ******* pale space aliens ******* sucks as vilains and boruto is full of them. Kaguya was the worst antagonist from naruto, and in boruto , we got microwaved reheated versions of her who are even less interresting.

Lode is still Lode and i can't beleive we are still wasting time putting him on screen.

We have frieza clones and ******* god tier level threats born from fodder stuck in trees. Can't decide wich is more laughable between that.

Boruto tries to be sasukedgy way too much without nearly as much trauma to remotely justify it. Bro have seen his own loving brother slaughter his family and clan at a very young age and was hated and hunted for his own actions trying to avenge them. Nearly everything that is happening to boruto can be reversed and will. It's done via some magic bullshit. He doesn't have the excuse of actually being rejected by those he love for who he is, it's just mindcontrol. Naruto and hinata aren't even dead. The only actual "bad" thing that happened to him was being turned into a space alien biologically, but that only made him stronger and changed nearly nothing else💀

The only barely interresting characther is that scientist dude because there is some mystery around him, that's it.

The art, designs and fights ******* sucks. Can't even enjoy the superficial aspects of it.

I could go on, but this serie doesn't even deserve that much time.

I cannot fathom anyone that loved Naruto being capable of actually liking Boruto. Boruto is even lower that the cheap chinese knockoff version of Naruto.

Last edited:
Bro was edgy asf💀

The way you shifted from boruto is edgy to he is a sasuke clone is funny sha. Anyway they alerted you from the first manga page that he is trying to copy sasuke at first. All the stuff you mentioned are stuff stated in the manga.

"It is obvious he is trying to be like sasuke " yeah no shit he said himself that he is copying sasuke.
You may not like that he copies him but that's just it, you don't like it. Doesn't also help that the situation around him made him depend on sasuke and sasuke alone. Pre time skip he was nothing like sasuke at all

TBV is still ass because it's the result of a ******* deus ex machina named "omnipotence"wich itself was the culmination of absolute ass.

Instead of actually trying to slowly build a story where Boruto become exiled from konoha out of his own actions and personal convictions or even done via an actual conspiracy painting him as something he isn't overtime exploiting his lazy and self centered nature from the early story, it's done out of nowhere with a finger snap at the last moment without him having done anything wrong.Actual She-hulk finale level of bad.

Those ******* pale space aliens ******* sucks as vilains and boruto is full of them. Kaguya was the worst antagonist from naruto, and in boruto , we got microwaved reheated versions of her who are even less interresting.

Lode is still Lode and i can't beleive we are still wasting time putting him on screen.

We have frieza clones and ******* god tier level threats born from fodder stuck in trees. Can't decide wich is more laughable between that.

Boruto tries to be sasukedgy way too much without nearly as much trauma to remotely justify it. Bro have seen his own loving brother slaughter his family and clan at a very young age and was hated and hunted for his own actions trying to avenge them. Nearly everything that is happening to boruto can be reversed and will. It's done via some magic bullshit. He doesn't have the excuse of actually being rejected for who he is, it's just mindcontrol. Naruto and hinata aren't even dead. The only actual "bad" thing that happened to him was being turned into a space alien biologically, but that only made him stronger and changed nothing else💀

The only barely interresting characther is that scientist dude because there is some mystery around him, that's it.

The art, designs and fights ******* sucks. Can't even enjoy the superficial aspects of it.

I cannot fathom anyone that loved Naruto being capable of actually liking Boruto. Boruto is even lower that the cheap chinese knockoff version of Naruto.
It's one thing not to like a show, but trying to make other people not like a show and even make it seem like they are less because they like a show is ridiculous. You were so furious writing this stuff you didn't even type well.

It's one thing not to like a show, but trying to make other people not like a show and even make it seem like they are less because they like a show is ridiculous. You were so furious writing this stuff you didn't even type well.
I didn't try to not make you like it, i just simply can't comprehend how you can, is all.

TBV is still ass because it's the result of a ******* deus ex machina named "omnipotence" wich itself was the culmination of absolute ass. Oh, and it happened because Ada have a crush and is horny.

Boruto tries to be sasukedgy way too much without nearly as much trauma to remotely justify it. Bro have seen his own loving brother slaughter his family and clan at a very young age and was hated and hunted for his own actions trying to avenge them. Nearly everything that is happening to boruto can be reversed and will. It's done via some magic bullshit. He doesn't have the excuse of actually being rejected by those he love for who he is, it's just mindcontrol. Naruto and hinata aren't even dead. The only actual "bad" thing that happened to him was being turned into a space alien biologically, but that only made him stronger and changed nearly nothing else💀

Pretty much summed up my problems with both pre and post ts Boruto. It's garbage upon garbage. As a Nard fan, I just can't fanthom how any so called Naruto fan could defend this travesty of a series.

The way you shifted from boruto is edgy to he is a sasuke clone is funny sha. Anyway they alerted you from the first manga page that he is trying to copy sasuke at first. All the stuff you mentioned are stuff stated in the manga.

"It is obvious he is trying to be like sasuke " yeah no shit he said himself that he is copying sasuke.
You may not like that he copies him but that's just it, you don't like it. Doesn't also help that the situation around him made him depend on sasuke and sasuke alone. Pre time skip he was nothing like sasuke at all
Ok. So what does this counter? You are simply proving my point. Boruto said he's a Sasuke fanboy/wannabee. And I said that he's a fanboy/Sasuke *********.

It's crazy how ppl give Kawaki a lot of shit for riding Naruto but bcuz he's not the Mc like Boruto, while Boruto gets a pass for riding Sasuke even though he has less reasons to compared to Kawaki riding Nard. I haven't seen anything in Boruto post ts that makes him unique or even admirable he's the same to me as pre ts except being more edgy.

And TBV is still ass btw.

I agree with alot of what he said actually, lol

The plot-twist was ass, but I didn't mind it that much because it finally changed the pacing of the series, and switched gears.
But my biggest issue:
Boruto tries to be sasukedgy way too much without nearly as much trauma to remotely justify it. Bro have seen his own loving brother slaughter his family and clan at a very young age and was hated and hunted for his own actions trying to avenge them. Nearly everything that is happening to boruto can be reversed and will.
How..?
How do you expect anyone to react to that information what Boruto went through in just 3 years??
Boruto having to deal with alien gods literally rewriting his life and changing the structure of everything he knows, is bound to **** anyone up, I don't know what the **** you're on about lol.

You're acting like Boruto should just be neutral about everything that happened to him:
"Meh, my parents got sealed by my brother, no big deal."
"Meh, my life is on a constant thin line due to an alien god that I can't do shit about, I'll worry 'bout that later"
"Hey, my friends, family, and every single person I know literally hates me due to something I didn't even do, I'll be aight tho"
"Code is creating an army of beings that at any point, can grow stronger than me, and he's too dumb to know it, but I'm not worried"
"My master got sealed and I'm unable to do anything about it due to me not being strong enough... skill issue, I'll just get stronger ig"

Yes, the Omnipotence is going to be reversed, but obviously suspension of disbelief can allow you to enjoy a series despite knowing everything will be fine at the end:
"Oh my god Obito started the 4GNW, well who cares, we know it'll all be fine in the end"
"Oh my god, Pain just killed Jiraiya... no biggie, Naruto will kick his butt eventually and save the day."
"Sasuke vs Itachi?? oh my god, who's gonna win- actually nah, there's no way Sasuke's gonna die to Itachi, so he'll have to win in one way or another."
And even despite that, there are still stuff that happen that cannot be reversed even if things go good and well at the end.
Neji still died and Jiraiya is still dead.
I highly doubt there won't be some consequences or results that still stay the same when all is said and done.

It's also very weird that you find issue with something that hasn't even happened yet.
Nearly everything that is happening to boruto can be reversed and will.
How do you know for sure? Even if things get reversed, Ada told Sumire and Sarada, that they can't reverse it BUT they can add on new memories onto the rewritten ones, which adds a whole new layer onto this dilemma. Being stressed about an ending that isn't even close to being reached is crazy.

Real. I still have hope for Code but he's a jobber so...
I think Momo is kinda cool but overall I don't disagree with any of this.
The art, designs and fights ******* sucks.
Art, disagree. (at least in the context of TBV)
Designs, 50/50
Fights... there's been like... how many fights??
Boruto vs Code
Boruto vs Shinjus
Konoha vs Claw Grimes

I mean yeah, they've been pretty mid icl. But they've all been small skirmishes (minus Boruto vs Code, but that ended short cuz Code ran), so I wouldn't even put much stock in it.
I think your issue is your inability to be open minded, but idrc. I've said my piece.

Ok. So what does this counter? You are simply proving my point. Boruto said he's a Sasuke fanboy/wannabee. And I said that he's a fanboy/Sasuke *********.

It's crazy how ppl give Kawaki a lot of shit for riding Naruto but bcuz he's not the Mc like Boruto, while Boruto gets a pass for riding Sasuke even though he has less reasons to compared to Kawaki riding Nard. I haven't seen anything in Boruto post ts that makes him unique or even admirable he's the same to me as pre ts except being more edgy.

And TBV is still ass btw.
If you look at the part of your words I put in caption you'd see what I mean. You made it seem like they were hiding the fact he is trying to copy Sasuke but you can easily tell he is.

They aren't hiding it hence the "it's pretty obvious from the way he......" that you said is unnecessary. They've told you from day 1 he's going to copy him. Don't know why y'all act suprised.
I didn't try to not make you like it, i just simply can't comprehend how you can, is all.
You are trying to make it seem that if for some reason a person enjoys boruto there is something wrong with the person. People like what they like, hot garbage and all it's what they like. The last paragraph in what you typed is not necessary

The real travesty here is that anyone would feel the need to argue paragraphs over a series like Boruto 😔 yall got Genjutsu’d by mid

If you look at the part of your words I put in caption you'd see what I mean. You made it seem like they were hiding the fact he is trying to copy Sasuke but you can easily tell he is.

They aren't hiding it hence the "it's pretty obvious from the way he......" that you said is unnecessary. They've told you from day 1 he's going to copy him. Don't know why y'all act suprised.
I never implied that they were trying to hide the fact he was a Sasuke fanboy. I'm simply saying that it doesn't suit him and it's kinda cringe. Look at all the ppl that tried emulating their models in the show and compare them to Boruto. He does it the worst. Bro even went as far as getting that emo haircut of adult Sasuke and looked like a total goofball.

I think my main problem with him isn't even his fanboyism. But the fact that he and Sasuke are barely shown to have a good sensei-student relationship yet Boruto rides Sasuke the hardest out of every sensei-student just makes it look forced and cringe.

Studio Pierrot's only W was animating Naruto. That's their biggest accomplishment. They fell off after that.

It's crazy how ppl give Kawaki a lot of shit for riding Naruto but bcuz he's not the Mc like Boruto, while Boruto gets a pass for riding Sasuke even though he has less reasons to compared to Kawaki riding Nard.
Do people really give Kawaki shit for glazing Naruto? I thought it was generally understood within the community why he is the way he is?? I feel like Kawaki is the easiest to understand.

I do agree Boruto has "less of a reason" compared to Kawaki. But that's not to say Boruto isn't valid in idolizing Sasuke as a mentor/uncle figure.

Boruto is just LARGELY misrepresented and misunderstood by fans (and non-fans).
Boruto and Kawaki are similar but also have stark differences between them.
We all know Kawaki's situation so I'll skip over him and try to explain Boruto to the best of my ability.

Boruto, a 12 year old, feeling neglect from his father relies on antics and pranks to get his attention. He's a gifted kid who has a natural talent for ninjutsu. He gets praise from literally everyone. His peers, his superiors, his teachers etc etc. Naruto is the only person who doesn't outright give him his flowers for his skill and talent, which is why when Naruto emails him after passing the first examination, he grins. And also after the second exam, Naruto goes out of his way to stop his work to congratulate him, which Boruto tears up over and gushes over. This is all in real time interactions that people seem to ignore or forget.

When Boruto first meets Sasuke he asks him to train him so he can show off to his dad which shows how much he cares for Naruto's validation and attention. He goes out his way to accept the gauntlet from Katasuke and even cheat just to get it. He obviously felt insecure and wanted more validation from Naruto which is why he gave in to using it. He doesn't cheat out of necessity, he cheats out of insecurity, which the anime does an even better job of showcasing so.

Anyway moving back on topic, the reason why he gets so close to Sasuke is because Sasuke is close to his dad, who he strives to seek attention from. And Sasuke's response to Boruto was too cryptic to understand at the time, and he didn't understand until the father-son Rasengan. Right before Sasuke, Boruto and the Kage joined Naruto in the dimension, Sasuke had a pep talk with Boruto, giving him the motivation he needed to save Naruto. Sasuke had also seen Boruto and Momo's conversation so Boruto had someone to talk to about Karma, as they kept it a secret from his teammates and friends.

Ever since then, he's looked up to Sasuke as a mentor and advisor because Sasuke has shown to be that guy someone Boruto can lean on and trust with anything, whether it's with training, dealing with Karma, or even just a small pep talk. More importantly, Sasuke's just that damn cool, and to a 12 year old, I don't blame him for idolizing the man.

Do people really give Kawaki shit for glazing Naruto? I thought it was generally understood within the community why he is the way he is?? I feel like Kawaki is the easiest to understand.

I do agree Boruto has "less of a reason" compared to Kawaki. But that's not to say Boruto isn't valid in idolizing Sasuke as a mentor/uncle figure.

Boruto is just LARGELY misrepresented and misunderstood by fans (and non-fans).
Boruto and Kawaki are similar but also have stark differences between them.
We all know Kawaki's situation so I'll skip over him and try to explain Boruto to the best of my ability.

Boruto, a 12 year old, feeling neglect from his father relies on antics and pranks to get his attention. He's a gifted kid who has a natural talent for ninjutsu. He gets praise from literally everyone. His peers, his superiors, his teachers etc etc. Naruto is the only person who doesn't outright give him his flowers for his skill and talent, which is why when Naruto emails him after passing the first examination, he grins. And also after the second exam, Naruto goes out of his way to stop his work to congratulate him, which Boruto tears up over and gushes over. This is all in real time interactions that people seem to ignore or forget.

When Boruto first meets Sasuke he asks him to train him so he can show off to his dad which shows how much he cares for Naruto's validation and attention. He goes out his way to accept the gauntlet from Katasuke and even cheat just to get it. He obviously felt insecure and wanted more validation from Naruto which is why he gave in to using it. He doesn't cheat out of necessity, he cheats out of insecurity, which the anime does an even better job of showcasing so.

Anyway moving back on topic, the reason why he gets so close to Sasuke is because Sasuke is close to his dad, who he strives to seek attention from. And Sasuke's response to Boruto was too cryptic to understand at the time, and he didn't understand until the father-son Rasengan. Right before Sasuke, Boruto and the Kage joined Naruto in the dimension, Sasuke had a pep talk with Boruto, giving him the motivation he needed to save Naruto. Sasuke had also seen Boruto and Momo's conversation so Boruto had someone to talk to about Karma, as they kept it a secret from his teammates and friends.

Ever since then, he's looked up to Sasuke as a mentor and advisor because Sasuke has shown to be that guy someone Boruto can lean on and trust with anything, whether it's with training, dealing with Karma, or even just a small pep talk. More importantly, Sasuke's just that damn cool, and to a 12 year old, I don't blame him for idolizing the man.
Omg.

Weebs when someone said Boruto is getting decent:
averagefan.gif

Back