• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Love seeing “do you really believe X person could be this strong” as an argument :usopplaugh:. Just like debunk the scaling rather than talking about your own subjective narrative complaints with the powerscaling. And if you cannot come up with an argument that isn’t “but I can’t believe they could get this strong because they used to be fodder” than just sit down 😭

Argument from incredulity is basically what prevented the New Era Kages from being given the rating deserving of what they've shown since as far back as 2018. It's crazy that it's being used as a standpoint again.

Love seeing “do you really believe X person could be this strong” as an argument :usopplaugh:. Just like debunk the scaling rather than talking about your own subjective narrative complaints with the powerscaling. And if you cannot come up with an argument that isn’t “but I can’t believe they could get this strong because they used to be fodder” than just sit down 😭
They nerfed the characters, as stated by the author. Boom get mind blown by these facts and logic.

TBF it's normal chakra using dinosaur either

It's a normal chakra using dinosaur that has been brought to life using a speacilised jutsu similar to edo tensei

Y’all unironically make arguments against the new era Kage far worse than Naruto YouTubers 💀 go watch the new Six video about them and learn how actual arguments can be crafted for the premise “New Era Kage aren’t Hag level” and go from there. But cmon guys I figured the incredulity arguments could’ve been left in 2018…

should we discard that guys objectively better feat ?
That seems to be the issue here
Objective feats vs What we feel it should be
Sasuke could bisect "godly hagoromo level" Madara with an attack
Used that same attack on Naruto's face(which is supposed to be more vulnerable than his torso) and it didn't even scratched him.
Same for GWRE which sliced the moon along with BSM mode Naruto. Naruto came out unhurt
But Shin pierces Naruto with an attack.
That automatically makes that attack superior to GWRE and Sasuke's Chidori.
That's the objective analysis.
We can go on about how he's not supposed to be that strong but the author is showing you that he's that strong

Y’all unironically make arguments against the new era Kage far worse than Naruto YouTubers 💀 go watch the new Six video about them and learn how actual arguments can be crafted for the premise “New Era Kage aren’t Hag level” and go from there. But cmon guys I figured the incredulity arguments could’ve been left in 2018…
lil-nas-x-pregnant.gif

Boruto was half or mostly written by another author (until recently anyway) which people don't bring up enough, so like the "narrative" isn't exactly consistent anyway which would make sense since kishimoto and the other guy aren't clones of each other. So point is that if feats in Boruto is contradicting the "narrative" of Pt1 and Pt2 Naruto, then it doesn't matter. Goofy storytelling, sure, but feats are feats.

I don't think Kodachi being the writer really changes much since Kishi was the direct supervisor then. Anything we got would've been approved by Kishi.

theres also the fact that authors more often than not do not care about scaling when it comes to actual narrative intent, they tell the story they think is the most exciting/emotional for the viewer and we have to make sense after the fact.

it's also funny how people will talk about narrative intent but then argue sasuke and naruto were holding back during their Shin fight despite the fact that doing this causes Sasuke to be injured and put his daughter at risk, something which is not only inconsistent with the literal scene but assassinates Sasuke's character entirely and makes the narrative non functional. but remember guys narrative intent is only lore implications and not what's currently happening in the plot.

That seems to be the issue here
Objective feats vs What we feel it should be
Sasuke could bisect "godly hagoromo level" Madara with an attack
Used that same attack on Naruto's face(which is supposed to be more vulnerable than his torso) and it didn't even scratched him.
Same for GWRE which sliced the moon along with BSM mode Naruto. Naruto came out unhurt
But Shin pierces Naruto with an attack.
That automatically makes that attack superior to GWRE and Sasuke's Chidori.
That's the objective analysis.
We can go on about how he's not supposed to be that strong but the author is showing you that he's that strong
Yeah and then he gets hurt by a raptor from Jurrasic Park. Is that Raptor now above Hags level cause it managed to make Sasuke bleed?

I don't think Kodachi being the writer really changes much since Kishi was the direct supervisor then. Anything we got would've been approved by Kishi.
This is my headcanon at this point but I feel like most people see the difference between Naruto and Boruto. I don't mean just storytelling, but a difference in feats too. In the war arc, we got all these big oonga boonga explosions and some DC feats but in Boruto we get none of that even tho characters are at least just as strong as they were in the war and such. Like I'm pretty sure there would have been a big difference between the Boruto we got and a Boruto that Kishi wrote from the beginning.

Naruto to Boruto Shinobi striker is not good game. I'm only here for Naruto Storm 5 is technically Boruto storm 1. I can't wait for Isshiki, Jigen, Delta, Baryon Naruto, Kuramagone Naruto and Rinnegone Sasuke as playable characters.

it's also funny how people will talk about narrative intent but then argue sasuke and naruto were holding back during their Shin fight despite the fact that doing this causes Sasuke to be injured and put his daughter at risk, something which is not only inconsistent with the literal scene but assassinates Sasuke's character entirely and makes the narrative non functional. but remember guys narrative intent is only lore implications and not what's currently happening in the plot.

... But they were holding back from the majority of the fight. The moment Sasuke whipped out his Susano'o, he no-diffed Shin.

But were not (at least I'm not), it literally ***** up the orginal established scaling on how and what was at the top in my honest opinion. I specifically brought this up when that upgrade thread was made and even admitted that they have the feats and that it wasn't the actual issue.

I think UchihaSlayer decribed it best in the thread when he said while it makes not sense when you go of how things went in the previous series, things change and it's clear that the writers have these current characters scaling to the OP ones so regardless of how out of place it looks, the current narrative is different from before. So since they have the feats, they should be fine to scale and we shouldn't use the old logic to discredit the new scaling logic (it went something like that)

And I'm fine with using that logic. If we can't find anti-feats in Boruto that suggests otherwise then I'm fine with them scaling. But what I'm not fine with is people commenting like this new scaling logic makes 100% sense and think others arguments about how it wouldn't make sense if you look back how the characters in the past scaled are invalid when they aren't. At the end of the day, it's an argument but not one that holds greater value then what the new scaling has established with actual feats.

Now ignoring the scaling argument since it's already been accepted and unless a sound argument is brought up it won't change, I want to know what's been going on in Boruto, any important characters die or come back yet?

Last edited:
But what I'm not fine with is people commenting like this new scaling logic makes 100% sense and think others arguments about how it wouldn't make sense if you look back how the characters in the past scaled are invalid when they aren't. At the end of the day, it's an argument but not one that holds greater value then what the new scaling has established with actual feats.
The Issue is not people finding it Inconsistent with the past series, which is fine. the issue is people arguing that the side that are just using the feats and extrapolating from that are not thinking correctly or are the only ones who are not using reason.

I think UchihaSlayer decribed it best in the thread when he said while it makes not sense when you go of how things went in the previous series, things change and it's clear that the writers have these current characters scaling to the OP ones so regardless of how out of place it looks, the current narrative is different from before. So since they have the feats, they should be fine to scale and we shouldn't use the old logic to discredit the new scaling logic (it went something like that)

And I'm fine with using that logic. If we can't find anti-feats in Boruto that suggests otherwise then I'm fine with them scaling. But what I'm not fine with is people commenting like this new scaling logic makes 100% sense and think others arguments about how it wouldn't make sense if you look back how the characters in the past scaled are invalid when they aren't. At the end of the day, it's an argument but not one that holds greater value then what the new scaling has established with actual feats.
I think this encapsulates it perfectly.

Now ignoring the scaling argument since it's already been accepted and unless a sound argument is brought up, I want to know what's been going on in Boruto, any important characters die or come back yet?
@Deceived3596 tried to make a profile thread for the new Otsutsuki god, Shibai, and get absolutely annihilated. That's about all the new stuff tmk

Ngl I was legit finna give up on Boruto scaling or even just the series in general before that last chapter came out

Not only did it give me hope we might actually get good feats again but the lore dump was intriguing as hell

It's like Kishi read my mind or some shit bruh and said "Two for the price of one" this chapter lmao

But were not (at least I'm not), it literally ***** up the orginal established scaling on how and what was at the top in my honest opinion. I specifically brought this up when that upgrade thread was made and even admitted that they have the feats and that it wasn't the actual issue.

Now ignoring the scaling argument since it's already been accepted and unless a sound argument is brought up it won't change, I want to know what's been going on in Boruto, any important characters die or come back yet?
Not all the narrative actually treats otususki as gods within the verse. No one scales to them unless they have 6 paths power or some type of cyborg enhancements. Madara is stated to be the strongest person they faced even in boruto tho this statement was made before jigen is introduced. The juubi is still treated as a high level threat,code even thinks it will be useful in a fight against the leaf even tho they have plp like daemon,boruto and kawkai. Defeats the purpose of the otususki being gods if any rando can scale to them

Back