• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Yh anyways I just remembered that despite it being an incomplete Kurama says he could only hope to try to fight it even then

0594-010.png

"I by myself couldn't take him on and hope to win...honestly. But if he only has a piece of Gyuki and me, who has the most chakra of the 9, then it MAY be worth a TRY"

Though it kinda weird given how much of the Juubi Kurama makes up and how Kakashi only noted after it had gone into it's 2nd Form that it power surpassed all the Bijuu despite knowing Kurama's power now

Post Six Paths Kurama slams the Juubi for sure

People forget he got amped with Naruto and they are basically one and the same at this point, hence why Momoshiki calls Naruto "Demon Fox"

I am talking Pre Six Paths Kurama with both his halves, like the one that Madara used at the VOTE against Hashirama
Kurama still thought the Juubi was completely above them and had thought it had immeasurable chakra even in first state unless you think uniting both nine tails is an above 2x amp he probably loses tbf Full Kurama is probably more than 2x half Kurama but that's for a different day.

Kurama still thought the Juubi was completely above them and had thought it had immeasurable chakra even in first state unless you think uniting both nine tails is an above 2x amp he probably loses tbf Full Kurama is probably more than 2x half Kurama but that's for a different day.
Well the two halves combined may not be as simple as a 2x amp yeah. The volume increases by 32x or sumn like that and Kurama is just chakra soooo

Weren't kurama and eight tail's combined biju bomb equal to the other 7 beasts' combined bomb? So like, I would assume the jubi is way stronger than the combined 7. I doubt just another half of kurama would cover the gap.

So rando question

Who yall got between Prime Kurama ( both yin and yang halves ) vs the Juubi in it's first form?

Like who you think is stronger?

Cause I've seen arguments for 1st Form Juubi>=Prime Kurama and 1st Form Juubi>>>Prime Kurama
Prime Kurama is on the level of SM Hashirama and EMS Madara, the Juubi is a step above that. It's not a total stomp, but the Juubi should still clear pretty handily.
I mean you can argue SM Nard ~ half Kurama, so put the two together
50% Kurama>>SM Naruto. Naruto basically admitted that Kurama was faster than him.
main-qimg-15e7d2297c2d654bb5c7c0d56bf4ffa2

And he only won cause of a matchup advantage (his huge Rasengan attacks are much easier to land on a large opponent), he had help from Kushina, likely got mental amped after meeting with Kushina, and only tagged Kurama with tricks/situational advantages.
Y5qw2fz.jpg
main-qimg-8367293999b756cdcdecc215e74f4207

Prime Kurama is on the level of SM Hashirama and EMS Madara, the Juubi is a step above that. It's not a total stomp, but the Juubi should still clear pretty handily.

50% Kurama>>SM Naruto. Naruto basically admitted that Kurama was faster than him.
main-qimg-15e7d2297c2d654bb5c7c0d56bf4ffa2

And he only won cause of a matchup advantage (his huge Rasengan attacks are much easier to land on a large opponent), he had help from Kushina, likely got mental amped after meeting with Kushina, and only tagged Kurama with tricks/situational advantages.

Y5qw2fz.jpg
main-qimg-8367293999b756cdcdecc215e74f4207

1. Prime Kurama is NOT on the level SM Hashirama or EMS Madara lmao, Hashirama literally ora ora ora'd Majestic Attire Kurama and Madara confirmed his PS is above all the Bijuu

2. I mean you can argue Naruto got a mental amp after his mother told him she loved him given the amp in power we saw him gain right after to the point of Kurama questioning how tf did Naruto get so strong all the sudden

3. Thank you

Prime Kurama is on the level of Base Hashirama's wood golem, not anything on his Sage Mode's level

Prime Kurama is on the level of Base Hashirama's wood golem, not anything on his Sage Mode's level

Didn't Base Hashi literally clap Kurama? And was even catching his Bijuudamas?

Actually...he doesn't even need that...wasn't it stated in the Manga and Databooks Hashirama's Wood Dragon was >= to Prime Kurama? And it even on his profile currently iirc

Didn't Base Hashi literally clap Kurama?
No
And was even catching his Bijuudamas?
And only a part of the bijuudama blew up and completely turned his golem into rubble
Actually...he doesn't even need that...wasn't it stated in the Manga and Databooks Hashirama's Wood Dragon was >= to Prime Kurama? And it even on his profile currently iirc
his profile says that his golem is equal

the dragon can bind him cause it seals chakra

Madara claims his Perfect Susanoo is above the bijuu and has actively fought alongside the full nine tails to know its capabilities so both him and Hashirama are definitely above Full Kurama. But doesn't all of Hashi's wood summons suppress bijuu chakra?

Madara claims his Perfect Susanoo is above the bijuu and has actively fought alongside the full nine tails to know its capabilities so both him and Hashirama are definitely above Full Kurama. But doesn't all of Hashi's wood summons suppress bijuu chakra?
He said it rivals the bijuu, not that it's above it
And it rivaling a being (wood golem) that rivals a bijuu says a lot

He said it rivals the bijuu, not that it's above it
And it rivaling a being (wood golem) that rivals a bijuu says a lot
That was a viz error. He actually says it's above the biju

"This Susanoo is destruction itself It carries the power to break anything of all creation with just a single blow with its sword. Don't even try to compare it to the Bijuu."

That was a viz error. He actually says it's above the biju

"This Susanoo is destruction itself It carries the power to break anything of all creation with just a single blow with its sword. Don't even try to compare it to the Bijuu."
Really? All these years and Ive never seen this before today. The unofficial scanlations also messed up if thats true

wouldnt be planet level scaling.

It's also not out fault the series had a massive power creep lol
Or if instead of a power creep we could use our brains and realize that Darui, Sakura, Chojuro, Gaara, Kurotsuchi, Shikamaru, and goddamn Shin Uchiha who was an experiment by Orochimaru before Part 1 Naruto are not all literally Hagoromo level characters.

At this literal rate you are going to have random no-names eventually scale to someone who interacts with someone here.

Like bro, Darui? You expect people to believe Darui is somehow stronger than the Third and Fourth Raikage? Stronger than Killer Bee who has full control over his Bijuu? Darui who is a normal Shinobi of no special clan, no Hashirama cells, no special Dojutsu, no Bijuu, and etc? That guy is superior to Hagoromo?

Or if instead of a power creep we could use our brains and realize that Darui, Sakura, Chojuro, Gaara, Kurotsuchi, Shikamaru, and goddamn Shin Uchiha who was an experiment by Orochimaru before Part 1 Naruto are not all literally Hagoromo level characters.

At this literal rate you are going to have random no-names eventually scale to someone who interacts with someone here.

Like bro, Darui? You expect people to believe Darui is somehow stronger than the Third and Fourth Raikage? Stronger than Killer Bee who has full control over his Bijuu? Darui who is a normal Shinobi of no special clan, no Hashirama cells, no special Dojutsu, no Bijuu, and etc? That guy is superior to Hagoromo?

It's refreshing to see some reason being applied here, thank you.

thats just an appeal to incredulity, it just boils down to because i dont personally believe it to be so then it isnt. if they have the feats to back it up then it doesnt matter what I or anyone thinks. using our brains in this case to me just seems like mental gymnastics to make ourselves feel more comfortable with certain ratings.
because it's only going to get worse and eventually we will have to discard very fundamental scaling logic just to appease people.

In 10 or 15 years im sure theres going to be random animals and genin that will fodderize the entire shippuden cast as well. it's baffling how so many series have this same issue but naruto is somehow exempt just because people dont like certain characters being above others.

if they have the feats to back it up then it doesnt matter what
They don't, that's what you're missing.

You're also contradicting your own line of:
eventually we will have to discard very fundamental scaling
When you disregard the actual narrative and context of the verse that disagrees with what you believe is fundamental scaling. Fundamental scaling takes in context and narrative.

Does it narratively make sense that Darui, someone with literally nothing special about them, is stronger than Six Paths Chakra characters? Stronger than Dojutsu users? Jinchuriki? Someone with Hashirama cells? Let's look at the context then, wait he has nothing going for him at all even with context and he didn't undergo any special training to unlock even the 8 Gates to amp his stats.

What about Shin Uchiha? He was made by Orochimaru before Naruto even began according to context and the narrative... but he's a Hagoromo level character? Someone made by Orochimaru?

Yeah, maybe look at your fundamental scaling and actually realize you're contradicting the fundamentals of the story's narrative.

Darui is fine IMO at least until he gets anti feats
But Shin is a problem, he should not scale to God Tiers because seriously he was made decades ago by Orochimaru (and wasn’t even considered super relevant by Orochimaru)
He also got destroyed by Sakura and Sakura should not scale to Naruto god tiers

not the type to defend Boruto but here goes

Saying "There's no way X character is stronger than Y character" will never be a valid argument since authors can do whatever they want regardless of how it affects the lore.

Also what makes you so sure no one can surpass Hagaromo? One thing that's been established in Naruto is that the younger generations always surpass the previous one and usually frighteningly quick. Kakashi was a jounin at 12, a 12-year-old Neji was on track to be one of the strongest hyuga of all time stronger than most adults, Itachi surpassed practically the entire Uchiha Clan at 13, and Sakura, a nobody from a worthless clan surpassed the war-seasoned veteran Tsunade as a teenager. By the time of the war arc Naruto's generation was full of people with Kage lvl feats fighting and surpassing some of the strongest in history. Add 20 years of training to a prodigy generation who got to witness a level of power far removed from anything the previous generation has ever had to deal with like Juubito, Madara, and Kaguya, and it's not hard to see how they got here.

Besides these characters have more or less consistent feats, statements, and implications of having been preparing for Kaguya-level threats.

It sucks but this is how shounen writers keep milking a story linearly by making everyone stronger and stronger and fighting worse threats.

They do, people just like to pretend they don't exist or don't count.
You're also contradicting your own line of:

When you disregard the actual narrative and context of the verse that disagrees with what you believe is fundamental scaling. Fundamental scaling takes in context and narrative.
There is no narrative and context that we are missing given that the scaling is ripped right from the narrative and it's scaling intact. context here just seems to be peoples disagreements dressed as valid skepticism by appealing to a standard that isnt applicable to the present story.
Does it narratively make sense that Darui, someone with literally nothing special about them, is stronger than Six Paths Chakra characters?
thats not narrative consistency thats internal power consistency. narrative consistency would be that in spite of the immense strength, kunais are regularly shown to be a threat to Ninjas, narrative consistency is that Sasuke and Naruto are meant to parallel one another and that Sakura is an Equal pillar in team 7 which is why she was able to hurt Kaguya in the final fight.

as for your question, it's a non sequitur given how the narrative treats them within their series. because i can just fundamentally reply to your question by saying, yes it makes sense because Darui is special, his special because he can fight six paths characters despite not being from an amazing bloodline.
Stronger than Dojutsu users? Jinchuriki? Someone with Hashirama cells? Let's look at the context then, wait he has nothing going for him at all even with context and he didn't undergo any special training to unlock even the 8 Gates to amp his stats.
those are blanket terms, they hold significance because they have feats within the series. is Yamato stronger than Sakura because he has Hashirama cells?, is Yamato stronger than that one guy in the war who made a mountain sized stone hamburger because he has Hashirama cells? should we discard that guys objectively better feat ?
What about Shin Uchiha? He was made by Orochimaru before Naruto even began according to context and the narrative... but he's a Hagoromo level character? Someone made by Orochimaru?
the Shin uchiha they fight isn't the same as the one Orochimaru first experimented with lol. also this is a poor choice on your part given that the narrative in Boruto indicates that Orochimaru can create dozens of clones and bodies that can rival kage level and higher , if not more.
Yeah, maybe look at your fundamental scaling and actually realize you're contradicting the fundamentals of the story's narrative.
there's no contradiction, it's just people not understanding that Boruto's narrative isn't Naruto's. I'm more than open to changing my mind with compelling arguments but when the biggest issue has little to do with whats objectively on the page and more about how people feel about something then it's hard for me to take it serious.

I also find it questionable and arrogant that you would you think dozens of people reviewing the same piece of media you are would somehow "not use their brains" as if these people are trying to gas up characters that appear for barely 3 chapters that most people don't care about right now. there's a reason why some people wanted to keep the anime/manga one canon outside of just convenience , because the anime gets to explore things outside of the big moments, theres already a few anti feats for the new kage in the anime, if theres a consistent trend within these going forward, people will be more than happy to downgrade the characters (me included)

Last edited:
This is my issue with that as well. If Darui had consistent feats against Otsutsuki, I would have no problem scaling him to them, even though it would make little sense cuz of him being a regular human with nothing special about him. I think he simply doesnt. What did he do to Momoshiki? He just swung his sword at him and got blocked, Momoshiki didnt have any jutsu to use against him and Gaara. I see no reason to scale base Momoshikis physical strength to Six Paths CT, so there is no way Darui should be planet level even if he made him struggle a bit.

Simplified, this is how I see Boruto scaling. It goes Otsutsuki Isshiki/Jigen > Momoshiki w/Kinshiki's power >= all out Naruto/Sasuke > base Momoshiki/Kinshiki > (most) Kara Inners > base Naruto > rest of the Gokage. Otsutsuki are on another level of power, Kage cannot scale to them. Code w/limiters was in awe of just Boruto-shikis power, who was an incomplete Otsutsuki in a child's body thats missing many of Momoshiki's powers, and Code should be able to make quick work of any one of the Gokage except for Naruto.

I actually dont think Boruto scaling is as bad and illogical as people say, Ikemoto is just terribad at drawing fights

Back