• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I still stand by it being a production error. No way in hell Naruto used SPSM against KID SHIN, but not Toneri Ōtsutsuki...
Naruto using SPSM against Shin was him being extremely very cautious because a random person with MS could hurt the fodder kids(Sarada and Chocho). He could have destroyed Shin in base. We even saw him fighting the shin kids in base
hqdefault.jpg

Good on you missing the point of what I was saying.
Also I'd say an Ōtsutsuki trying to destroy the planet is a far more pressing situation than the entire Shin fiasco combined.
Also, Shin isn't the only example. Naruto literally exclusively uses SPSM in the Boruto anime and manga, even against fodder.

So he only has Sage mode + KCM2 in The Last?

Btw was his concentrated punch against Toneri sage mode enhanced? Because he didn't have the pigmentation in his eyes.

Consistent with the idea of it being actually SPSM, and the animators being mrks.
Well they did announce The Last during the 2012 Jumpfest before SPSM was ever a thing.

SPSM was first seen in May 2014, and its powers and abilities were showcased from May to September 2014 in the Manga.

The first The Last trailer was in July 2014 I think, and the movie can out in December 2014.

Well they did announce The Last during the 2012 Jumpfest before SPSM was ever a thing.

SPSM was first seen in May 2014, and its powers and abilities were showcased from May to September 2014 in the Manga.

The first The Last trailer was in July 2014 I think, and the movie can out in December 2014.
Yeah looking at this there is a huge chance of the fight being alread fully animated before SPSM even appeared

How fast is the Jubi?
The novel stated he killed everything on the planet to plant the tree and bear the fruit.
And he was going to do the same on Earth if Naruto had not absorbed the blast into himself.
And the things that make him live longer and power him up are the pills, while this was just a Chakra Fruit whose main use is to update and strengthen the Otsutsuki.
Wouldn't that wipe out the purpose of the tree since we know it needs to drain all life to produce a chakra fruit?

Good on you missing the point of what I was saying.
Also I'd say an Ōtsutsuki trying to destroy the planet is a far more pressing situation than the entire Shin fiasco combined.
Also, Shin isn't the only example. Naruto literally exclusively uses SPSM in the Boruto anime and manga, even against fodder.
Everyone gets upscaled!!! You get upscaled! You get upscaled!

That explains why Sasuke didn't have his Rinnegan activated at one point.

There's more art related nonsense in The Last as well. Such as Naruto's Rasengan/Rasenshuriken flipping between blue and yellow colorations, Naruto flying.....in "BSM", and more.
The movie is very inaccurate when it comes to these things.
I said this and almost got murdered on this site

Last edited:
So.. how do we treat the movie then?
What forms did Naruto use? How reliable is the movie in terms of scaling? etc etc

would also add to those who think Naruto’s base and amped forms aren’t that different too since SP provides most of his power.
Yeah, his SPSM barely provides an amp tbh. Both the manga and anime had him keeping up with Fused Momoshiki in base, and while he had an advantage in SPSM (at least in the manga), it really wasn't that massive.

Technically, SPSM itself wasn't stated to really amp Naruto much anyway, it was just stated to give him flight, faster reflexes, godly sensory abilities (+ all its other properties). The strength amp he received during the War was due to the massive amount of chakra Hagoromo gave him, which is present even while he's in base.
So when he uses his chakra mode, the amp is just marginal.

Yeah, his SPSM barely provides an amp tbh. Both the manga and anime had him keeping up with Fused Momoshiki in base, and while he had an advantage in SPSM (at least in the manga), it really wasn't that massive.

Technically, SPSM itself wasn't stated to really amp Naruto much anyway, it was just stated to give him flight, faster reflexes, godly sensory abilities (+ all its other properties). The strength amp he received during the War was due to the massive amount of chakra Hagoromo gave him, which is present even while he's in base.
So when he uses his chakra mode, the amp is just marginal.
Yeah, the amp he got from Hag’s was well beyond a Juubi level amp, so it makes sense that stacking merely a portion of that on top wouldn’t amount to many orders of magnitude in amp.

Back