• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto Speed Revisions and Scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Itachi wasn't even trying against Hebi sasuke to be fair but i suppose so.

As for the post i guess i agree with it from a glance, can't see much wrong with it

I want to wait for Damage3245 cause i know he told me he had different thoughts as to the scaling of a few characters. I don't want us to make the same screwups as last time and I also want this to make as much sense as possible within the context of the story.

Sakura from the new era should be either Sub Rel or Rel since she was capable of fighting someone that had Kuramas chakra (9 tails).

I can agree with this, but I'll wait for any misgivings Damage may have to see if I do agree with anything he says. This is pretty well organized.

As for the Itachi thing, even if we assumed Oro was faster than him at that specific point in time, it doesn't mean he was better in anything else. And when the genjutsu lord is fast enough to perceive you, you might as well not try unless you have a very specific counter.

Just saw this thread.

I have issues with Kirin and the scaling around it that I want address, but unfortunately I've noticed this just as I'm going to bed so I will post tomorrow.

Damage3245 said:
Just saw this thread.
I have issues with Kirin and the scaling around it that I want address, but unfortunately I've noticed this just as I'm going to bed so I will post tomorrow.
We decided not to scale them to kirin and just add an "At Least" or "Likely Higher"

Can we at least apply the MHS rating for the low tiers? I mean, nothing to much to argue against

Base Minato is faster than his predecessors. While they trying to arrive to the battlefield, Minato teleport a TBB, placed 3 kunai around Jubii and chat Naruto and Sakura while only Naruto and Madara knew (iirc) he came. Killer B didn't realized it too while he was trying to hold the TBB. Also, Tobirama compliented his speed to iirc. 4th Raikage also says something like; with Minato's death there isn't any shinobi faster than him.

Don't rush into anything yet, the CRT has only been up a couple hours.

>Everyone here scales to Relativistic Speeds (28% of SoL), seeing Madara's reaction to and defense of Tenso-no-Jutsu. There's no Outlier here and I will explain:

This calc was already discussed and agreed to not be used which is why it's not used anymore on any of the profiles. There's no new reason to still use it and a huge portion of staff agreed it shouldn't be used.

In regards to FTL, my thoughts echo Cal's:

"The fact that those are the specific rules and Delta's don't follow it? I mean, there's not really much to it. Unnatural source. Blows up instead of burns. Actual lasers exist in the verse but Delta's isn't one of them. What was brought up in the original case is still valid. I'm assuming people just said that "made with natural matter" (ignoring that light isn't matter and it's a particle-wave) over and over until enough staff came and said "I agree". But Delta has literally nothing going for her to be natural light. Except for being said to be a beam of light (not even speed of light, or beam of sunlight. Just beam of light). In which countless things have been claimed that and rejected. Death Beam is the first one to come to mind."

There's no proof Delta's beams are using the same exact tech as the photon guns, no proof that Delta's beams are photons, Delta's beams don't behave like actual light, and Delta's beams have several instances of behaving differently from light (dispersed when hitting a physical object like Rasengan and causes explosions). It should be rectified.

It was rejected as an outlier as not only was it vastly greater than any other feat by far (at 0.46c), we didn't even have a sub-rel feat. Now, that is no longer the case so I would argue that there is a new reason to use it and as for staff, they can comment here if they like.

You're not bringing in any new piece of information that wasn't already brought up.

No, he's bringing up a problem. I was doing something else so from what was being said I expected the laser eyes from Delta be more credible but...

I am not sure at all how that was let to pass. Only 2 criteria, the lasers explode, is all "purely technology" but this same technology can interact with and absorb chakra in the form of techniques, and it inhibits Regenerationn... I am really not agreeing with this "is made with real tech so just assume it can do the same as the photon lasers" logic, that is a damn leap. The photon guns aren't even the same type of technology as far as we know, just falls under the umbrella of Shinobi-ware.

Ninja tech do work with chakra of course they do else they won't be ninja tech. That being said they as stated in the latest chapters create real phenomena. Repeating this over and over after it has been accepted in another thread is getting annoying. Most accepted lasers to not follow many criteria on this sight and this follows more than most that is all.

We have tackled these exact points over and over again.

Oh no, I am aware it does note that it can make real phenomena happen, but the fact it can screw around with chakra puts it in that middle ground of "it helps make it believable but not an outright sell".

Being accepted is pretty inconsequential. I was not in that thread, I don't agree with it, and I still don't agree with it at all seeing the points brought up. If you wish to tell me to not comment just because of that, better not ask for any opinions.

No the fact it can screw around with chakra does not make any difference, it's ninja tech. Honestly that's just being pedantic.

I am saying that if you want to argue about the legitimacy of the feats this is not the thread for it and it's not like you have to agree. The point of this thread is scaling opinions.

No, this is why. You can't have a disagreement of opinion before someone gets annoyingly salty over this kind of bull, and I could honestly not care less about your issues when you bring up such an attitude.

I already said all I needed about the scaling, just annoyed threads about light speed are being this lenient. Is just careless.

If you said everything you want about the scaling, STOP talking about the LS stuff, that's not the thread to discuss that. You already delaired the thread with this debunked arguments

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
No, this is why. You can't have a disagreement of opinion before someone gets annoyingly salty over this kind of bull, and I could honestly not care less about your issues when you bring up such an attitude.
Agreed. Honestly, this is more the problem with Naruto threads.

Just my two scents: if the beams do not showcase the properties of light and distinctly behave differently, then it's not light. It's that simple. If they do not meet the criteria but people still accepted it, that doesn't make it right.

Furthermore, if you have a group of people sign-off on something but then show it to wider audience and you start to get disagreements, you're just going to have deal with it. There will always be detractors and saying that they can't voice their opinion/views because they aren't automically agreeing is...quite frankly, absurd. Just because some agree to something doesn't mean that everyone else will.

That said, I'm out.

Let's be chill and civil please. We don't need this to blow up for the wrong reasons. I don't particularly mind if you have an issue with how some of these ratings were formed and you're free to write about your worries but let's not forget the primary purpose of this thread is to accurate scale characters based on these calculations.

If there's something that was accepted but someone finds disagreeable, talking about it here will only shift the goal post of this thread.

Also, please don't paint all Naruto threads with the same broad brush. This isn't an issue exclusive to Burrito's dad threads but all popular fictional verses.

U can always just make this a staff only thread since NAruto knowledgeable members are staff members

Plus the fact that half of the people who have problems with Light speed aren't even knowledgeable members who keep up to date with anything regarding to Boruto and the light novels ƒñªÔÇìÔÖé´©Å.

I've said this years ago the knowledgeable member section needs revisions itself when people don't even know boruto

Thanks for the hard work by the way everyone. Speed ratings and reasoning definitely needed to be fixed and this is a great start. I'll read back through the manga when I have time to make sure their aren't and statements about characters that got looked over

I'll get into the Kirin stuff later today once I have free time but address something in the Lower Tier scaling first.

1) The feat in question is from an anime-only scene isn't it? I know there's no hard and fast rules about what should absolutely be considered canon for a verse aside from typically whatever is created by the original creator is held as highest canon, and people are going to have different ideas about what should be canon and what should not be. Why should we let this anime-only feat determine the ratings for a lot of characters?

2) The feat being caled that has the Mach 781 result is Sumire's Water Jutsu, correct?

- Doesn't this feat only apply to her speed with that jutsu in particular and not her physical speed? Shouldn't that be specified?

- Is there any indication that anyone else scales to the speed of her water jutsu? I'm not thrilled with the idea of "This character has an ability that activates at this speed, therefore every other character in the same tier as her must have combat speed equal to this." That's a very weak method of scaling.

Damage3245 said:
I'll get into the Kirin stuff later today once I have free time but address something in the Lower Tier scaling first.
1) The feat in question is from an anime-only scene isn't it? I know there's no hard and fast rules about what should absolutely be considered canon for a verse aside from typically whatever is created by the original creator is held as highest canon, and people are going to have different ideas about what should be canon and what should not be. Why should we let this anime-only feat determine the ratings for a lot of characters?

2) The feat being caled that has the Mach 781 result is Sumire's Water Jutsu, correct?

- Doesn't this feat only apply to her speed with that jutsu in particular and not her physical speed? Shouldn't that be specified?

- Is there any indication that anyone else scales to the speed of her water jutsu? I'm not thrilled with the idea of "This character has an ability that activates at this speed, therefore every other character in the same tier as her must have combat speed equal to this." That's a very weak method of scaling.
1. Because the neither the anime nor th emanga ar emore canon than each other, case in point, the next arc coming up is going to expand on the Mujina bandits arc we get in the manga. Everything in the anime is overseen by Ikemoto.

2. It is her reactions that scale to it, the only people who scale to that are people in Boruto that scale to or above her in Boruto. It si not about th e ability activation speed it is about her reaction thus the scaling works.

Kirin is not a big deal as you can see it has been removed from te scaling.

The timeframe gives her 4.73765 microseconds / Massively Hypersonic reaction speed, but that would need to be specified on her profile.

That doesn't inform us of her movement speed / combat speed, so we can't just say her speed in general is Massively Hypersonic.

Likewise for everyone else in that tier; even if we scaled their reactions to hers it wouldn't inform us of their other speed ratings by itself.

there is no proof of delta beam using the same technology of photon gun, plus the beam doesn't have the same properties of real laser or light so FTL is completely no sense I think

Lavtop said:
there is no proof of delta beam using the same technology of photon gun, plus the beam doesn't have the same properties of real laser or light so FTL is completely no sense I think
I get what you mean, but to be honest I feel like that needs to be handled on a separate thread. For now it is accepted on this wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back