• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto Speed Revisions and Scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mindovin said:
Running speed not FTG. Obito ambush, he teleports. Obito attacks, he waits. He and Obito run each other but hee need to coordinate with his kunai. He teleports to Tobi. so I can't safely say he runs at max speed or something similar. Only thing possibly scale Tobi to Minato is this but I'm not sure how or it's possible.

After looking at that link I completely agree with Obito scaling now. Thanks for always coming in clutch with the scans Mindovin

Ok, right now we are just juggling words to change the meaning of "Can keep up with X". Obito could keep up with Minato, Minato could keep up with Ay with his reactions. That's easy, let's stop making things harder than they already are

I ahree^ we have feats and statements. Obito himself scales to Ay which would make Minato scale again to sub rel but I agree with M3X this is enough proof

I don't think base Minato has shown to have combat speed on par with A; the only thing suggesting it is that he left his kunai behind when he teleported. His reactions definitely scale to him, but Minato himself without any enhancements being equal to A's top speed doesn't seem right.

And a teenage Obito being as fast as that too is also unlikely. Obito himself doesn't scale to A in anything aside from his reactions, so I'd like to see what the exact proposals are before suggesting that all of these characters are Sub-Rel.

Actually I belibe I remember Ay staying everytime they fought Minato won most of the times. But anyway we know he is scaling

I wanna confirm Obito scaling and Konan scaling

And discuss with Jvando

I'd like to discuss it more too; because I'm currently not a fan of a scaling chain that puts teenage Obito and Konan to be equal to the two "fastest Shinobi in history" (going by their reputation, at least).

Obito would only have Sub-Rel perception at best and you can add a "likely" or "possibly" to that.

I don't particularly care where Konan factors into this as long as it provides consistency.

On the subject of Obito and Minato, there's nothing suggesting that they have the same combat speed. In their last clash, Minato was able to match Obito's speed till the last moment where he flashed behind him and delivered an attack before Obito perceived he had disappeared. I say perceived because if Obito has perceived Minato disappear in time, he would have easily been able to use Kamui to phase through the attack.

I don't think we can backscale Tsunade's performance with her seal released to SM Jiraiya as somebody suggested up above.

I'll do a re-read of Orochimaru's performances to see if there's any good feats for scaling.

This is where Konan comes Into play. Konan scales to Pervy sage. Pervy Sage scales to SM Naruto and Naruto and Pain are comparable in speed to each other. They would be high tier.

SM Naruto is faster than Pain. He blitzes one of the paths and easily kept up with Deva when out of SM and was exhausted.

Damage3245 said:
I'd like to discuss it more too; because I'm currently not a fan of a scaling chain that puts teenage Obito and Konan to be equal to the two "fastest Shinobi in history" (going by their reputation, at least).

History has been manipulated plenty of times in Naruto. They don't even break top 5 of the fastest ninja in history before Naruto's gen because of the fact that Hashi,Madara,Tobirama and the 3rd Raikage were all before Minato and Ay.

My phone is post replies late

Naruto scaling to sub rel in SM is also more consistent because of the statement Zetsu gave about Naruto being able to defeat Sasuke(Taka) who is sub rel

Ok, but from where the scaling begins? It comes from Guy (Maybe Rock Lee too), but where is the chain to scale all of this to characters like Minato and such?

We haven't fully settled on where Sub Rel comes into the verse and who scales to it, so if you're updating the sandbox you should start there.

I'll check back in on this in the morning.

He will be. Matter of fact instead of just discussing the tiers bye lowest and up we should do that and discuss certain characters who effect characters in different tiers

Since Sasuke is not sub rel yet just remove Naruto and pain and Konan and Obito from the mid tier list because they shouldn't have been there in the first place.

@M3X Obito will be sub rel in perception and reaction or both I got lost. Konan will scale depending on how consistency works.

I'm not going to bring up any characters who aren't currently in the mid tier rn who need to be moved up

Lee has literally the same case as Guy, his speed is multiplied by 5, and then, becomes sub-rel

Minato was able to play his Kunai when Ay was inches from his face with his top speed.
Not only that, but he teleported to his back and nearly killed Ay, if not stopped by B and his tentacle.
Recalling that, Ay is not usually caught off guard. Which may indicate that if Minato does not have an equal match, he is at least very close.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, they are said to have faced each other several times. Hard to say, Minato could only accompany Ay with FTG.

yeah and then when ay charged at hiim again minato was giving him a life speech and casually dodged and went over to bee (who already had his kunai out waiting for minato)

so minato casually dodged ay twice in that altercation

> yeah and then when ay charged at hiim again minato was giving him a life speech and casually dodged and went over to bee (who already had his kunai out waiting for minato)

I'm not sure it is fair to say he "casually dodged" him when it involves teleportation. More accurate to say he "casaully reacted" to him at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back