• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto Shippuden: The Redemption Arc[7Kuroi]

Premise
Edo Itachi, KCM1 Naruto, and BM Killer B bust Nagato's Chibaku Tensei. Since the attacks are all portrayed as relative to each other, they should all scale to 1/3 of Nagato's CT value.

Potential Energy
So, from what I've seen and what I've been told is that this has been rejected because the CT wasn't fully formed and therefore destroying the core wouldn't scale to the full value. However, I find that reasoning a bit faulty and let me explain why.

CT gets its value based on the amount of mass it was shown to be capable of lifting a certain height above Earth's surface. This is all done by the core itself, and is independent of the rocks. For example, if I use my hand to lift a book to increase its potential energy, its my hand thats capable of lifting that book and regardless of if that book is there my hand can always do that work to increase that potential energy. All this means is that regardless of if there is mass to be lifted in the vicinity or if the CT is up in the sky not near anything, the CT contains the energy required to lift the mass of rock we see earlier in the story. To tie it back to the hand analogy, just because the book isn't in my hand doesn't mean my hand can't provide the work necessary to increase said potential energy.

To claim that they didn't destroy the max mass of rock the CT can lift means they can't scale is incorrect, because the energy required to lift said mass of rock comes from the black core itself. So, if they can overcome and destroy that core, they would scale to the energy value of that core. If the calc was them pulverizing the amount of rock, then yes the amount of rock would be important; however, that's not what's happening. Itachi, B, and Naruto are destroying the CT core which contains enough energy (~15 GT) to lift a large mass of rock above the surface of the Earth, it possesses that energy regardless of if it's surrounding the core at that point in time.

Conclusion
I don't think B's tier would change (this would just function as another supporting feat for him I guess), but KCM1 Naruto's rasenshuriken and Itachi's susanoo should get upgraded 👀.

Not sure how destroying the small black core equats to the total value when it's a gravity ball no? It's like saying me one shooting a character means I scale to something they lifted...

I assume you're finding the durability of the core by the amount of potential energy it is generating?

Can potential energy actually be used to find durability like that?

I assume you're finding the durability of the core by the amount of potential energy it is generating?

Can potential energy actually be used to find durability like that?
The way I think about it is like this:

Imagine a hand lifts a book, that hand did work and has energy. Now remove the book and have the hand perpetually lifting nothing with that same energy (the hand is in a loop of going up lifting nothing). Then another hand comes downwards and stops the hands movement. That other hand scales. This analogy is very similar to stopping a punch, and that’s essentially what’s happening here. The perpetual hand lift here is the cores perpetual pull, and the stopping of the lift is the stopping of the cores pull.

Furthermore, the core is stable under its own gravity. So, I see no reason it couldn’t scale to its own gravity.

I find it difficult to conceptualize all 3 of these abilities as relative in power.

Are there more instances where the likes of Naruto's RS (while in KCM1) is on par with a non-charged TBB?
Ask the Naruto peeps about that, I was told that in instances where attacks are coming out at the same time same speed, we assume they’re relative.

I'd feel better about it if someone like DontTalkDT would confirm that the durability is reasonable to assume from the calculated potential energy here.

Back