• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto Downgrade: "Sasuke Kicks a Bear"

I'm gonna keep this short and sweet.

In Naruto Chapter 482, it's shown in a flash back that Sasuke saves Karin from a huge bear, by casually kicking it:

0482-010
0482-011
The feat was calced here by @Kepekley23, and accepted, but after coming back to it, the calc isn't valid.
In Kep's calc, it's assumed the Bear was in motion, but if we look at the scans, that's not true. We can see the Bear is right on Karin and has her cornered against a tree. It then Roars at her and she falls, but see the distance between her and the Bear hasn't change and there is no indication the bear charged befored being knocked out. Thus, Kep's calc is invalid.

I don't know what the Force is needed to knock out a Bear or if this feat can even be calced, but I propose this feat be considered, "At Least Building Level", simply based upon the Bear's sheer size and the casualness of the kick until the feat can be recalced, "IF" it can be recalced.

I agree with downgrading this. Large Building level or At least Large Building level are more approriate.

Except you can clearly see that the bear is in motion. Its arms are raised when it attacks Karin and there are movement lines to suggest he is in the process of moving.

Is this in the anime??? We should check then but until hen we need to get the other 8A fear evaluated before we change stats for no reason

Kepekley23 said:
Except you can clearly see that the bear is in motion. Its arms are raised when it attacks Karin and there are movement lines to suggest he is in the process of moving.
Except you can't and that's conjecture on your part. We literally see where the Bear starts and it's distance it is from Karin and where the bear ends, infront of Karin. No movement occured.

You claim it's arms are raised, but I can easily say they're not, the bear just simply roared and was knocked out before it could charge.

> Except you can't and that's conjecture on your part.

Except when you can see the movement lines in the panel to signify that the bear is moving and that when it's easy to tell from the artwork that its arms are raised to pounce on her.

> You claim it's arms are raised, but I can easily say they're not, the bear just simply roared

They are visibly raised. You can even see the shoulder-arm line in the shot.

Imo it looks like it's arm is moving because logically it wouldn't make any sense to include the arm in the panel with the head if it wasn't moving. Kishi could have left the arm out just to include the head but he didn't as well as the lines by the arm indicating it's moving

@Kep

Your calc assumes the Bear is moving at least 148m/s.

In the scans, the Bear is right ontop of Karin. Even if It swung it's arm, it's body is not Moving 148m/s. We literally see the bear is still the same distance away from Karin once Sasuke Knocks it out.

So, the calc is wrong on the basis that the assumed speed is wrong. The Bear did not charge and is no closer than when it roared.

Even taking into account the motion of the arm, the Bear would still not be anywhere close to 148m/s as its body isn't moving.

Here is a Bear Fight Video for proof (Skip to 0:49s):

Battle Of The Giant Alaskan Grizzlies, grizzly vs grizzly, alaska
Battle Of The Giant Alaskan Grizzlies, grizzly vs grizzly, alaska

I think the calc is fine, even if in this specific instance he wasn't moving at that speed, "virtue of size AP" assume the character who is a given size can move at speeds proportional to their increase in size, and since Sasuke knocked him out cold his AP would be at least equal to casual jogging speed from such a large bear.

AguilaR101 said:
I think the calc is fine, even if in this specific instance he wasn't moving at that speed, "virtue of size AP" assume the character who is a given size can move at speeds proportional to their increase in size, and since Sasuke knocked him out cold his AP would be at least equal to casual jogging speed from such a large bear.
In that case, shouldn't the full speed be used instead?

@TFO

You do realize 148m/s is the jogging speed? A bear's short-bust attacking speed is much faster than their jogs are. The calc is a low-end.

Kepekley23 said:
You do realize 148m/s is the jogging speed? A bear's short-bust attacking speed is much faster than their jogs are. The calc is a low-end.
Ok. Well, you can close this now as concluded.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't the bear's movements not start at full speed? It would have to accelerate from standing still to full speed, and I doubt it would instantly reach 148 m/s in a second.

Damage3245 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't the bear's movements not start at full speed? It would have to accelerate from standing still to full speed, and I doubt it would instantly reach 148 m/s in a second.
Point is, it can achieve that speed (even if it didn't in this instance), and it logically doesn't break itself apart while doing so, so one-shotting it still scales to the tier given.

Back