• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu no Taizai General Discussion Thread 27

maybe but tbh the writing for the last 4 chapters has been great... i went from "can this end " too "hmm.. lets see where this goes"

Ever since the whole Chaos thing started, I've been praying for this series to friggin end already. This is just non-sense at this point, totally unecesary.

cath gives the sins a good fight and they win via power of friendship

next chapter merlin gaiden where we retcon more stuff.

Chaos looked like an interesting concept but it opened even more plot holes because Nakaba is a shitty author.

Ionliosite said:
Ever since the whole Chaos thing started, I've been praying for this series to friggin end already. This is just non-sense at this point, totally unecesary.
I agree. I almost lost interest for this series.

Let's be honest here, these awful writing and plot holes have become way more apparent lately, they weren't nearly as prominent when the Holy Knights were the villains or when the Comandments were relevant.

Early commandment arc and Ban and King's backstory were golden, at that time it was the best ongoing shounen for me.

If anything the editors are probably forcing the author to keep going even after the ending they actually planned. It's like the story was surf skiing, fell flat on it`s face, but the boat didn't stop.

At this point however, i started enjoying it in a "so bad it's good" way, where i just laugh at the sheer absurdity of new plotpoints appearing out of nowhere. The story now is almost as wild as Uratarou after it got axed and i just wanna see where it goes.

Epiccheev said:
Early commandment arc and Ban and King's backstory were golden, at that time it was the best ongoing shounen for me.
If anything the editors are probably forcing the author to keep going even after the ending they actually planned. It's like the story was surf skiing, fell flat on it`s face, but the boat didn't stop.

At this point however, i started enjoying it in a "so bad it's good" way, where i just laugh at the sheer absurdity of new plotpoints appearing out of nowhere. The story now is almost as wild as Uratarou after it got axed and i just wanna see where it goes.
Kinda like the movie "The Room"? in that it is so bad it is amazing?

I think that's because the story was still in its early stages and Nakaba hadn't attempted to put in too many elements. I think his writing in this series has always been simple, and prone to problems. It's just more clear later on because we have the gift of hindsight and seeing that the whole puzzle doesn't fit together.

When the Commandments were relevant, plot twists were predictable (Elizabeth is Liz's reincarnation) or at least foreshadowed (the Gowther that is a Commandment isn't the doll). Now? Merlin's plot twist came from the same place Kaguya came from.

5356543-03205f9888740c159310f95c1a76adfb8afa0fb4 hq
Geezz.. this Image is so nostalgic, I remember when a got chills when I saw this page in the manga, I felt like Estarossa was the real deal and the true final boss. I won't lie, this image was responsible for making me follow this series even more. But then it has gone downhill when Fraudrin was defeated and Meliodas "betrayed" the group. (And of course the Mael's reveal bullshit and Demon King...)

i remember reading the 10c vs 4 AA fight.. when ludo popped up and just bodied everyone.. i was soo happy then anime didnt even give the same feeling

Man you just hate to see another series turn to shit this fast Naruto,bleach,Fairy tail and now NNT.

"This fast"? How any of those series became shit "fast"? All of them are over 500 chapters long, and it took almost 200 chapters for NNT to actually suffer from a downgrade in quality.

Bleach and Naruto never really "turned shit" imo, they just dropped in quality. Idk about Fairy Tail, I don't follow it for years.

Naruto and Bleach absolutely turned into shit, but on like, the last 10-15 chapters. Fairy Tail's final arc was extremely anti-climatic on every possible way from begining to end, but I'll say it only really turned to shit when Universe One happened.

Naruto turned to shit halfway through the war arc. Bleach turned shit during Fullbring till the end. FT was always shit. NNT turned to shit after Mel got revived.

FT got better after the BoFT arc, GMG Arc has it's issues, and the ending of the series was anti-climatic, but other than that I rather enjoyed the series.

It was a shounen at first and during GMG it turned to what FT is known for today, which is objectively the shittiest manga written. You can enjoy it all you want but it won't change the fact that it always gets votes for the worst manga ever. Is it okay to discuss off topic posts here though? Haven't seen any mod complain so i guess it's okay.

Ah Gou said:
it always gets votes for the worst manga ever
I can link you a TV Trope article about what ACTUALLY are the worst anime/manga ever, and you'll see Fairy Tail isn't there at all, because everything on that list is way worse.

Ah Gou said:
It was a shounen at first and during GMG it turned to what FT is known for today, which is objectively the shittiest manga written. You can enjoy it all you want but it won't change the fact that it always gets votes for the worst manga ever.
lmfao who made a poll for worst manga ever?

Anyways, guys this is the NNT board so let's stay talking about NNT. You can complain about Estarossa being Mael or Elizabeth's character or etc., just keep it to the series. There's no need to bring other series's onto this board and especially not just so you can insult them.

Back