• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu no Taizai General Discussion Thread 27

Oh, yes, the famous "She's actually a 700 year old vampire, so it's okay to bang her 10 year old body".

I only watched the anime on that part, so maybe I'm missing something, but I remember him raising for quite a while when she was a kid.

It's still disturbing even if it's the point. And groping an unconscious teenager is disturbing, yes, especially when it's only explained way later, and even then it doesn't really make it okay since she had no memory of their relationship.

NNT just fails at relationships. Regardless with Meliodas and Elizabeth it was dwelled on too much and the point of the story became centered around it which annoyed me a lot.

King and Diane would be fine if King didn't love her when her mind was basically a 6 year olds. Or maybe he didn't? Idk. It's just weird.

I actually found the relationships kinda cute for a while, but when I stopped to actually think about them, they all seem to follow some incest/peado vibe that creeps me out a bit

Well, Elaine is mentally mature, and has the age on her side, so as long as Ban gives his consent, there's really nothing wrong with them.

They spent time together when Diane was young, but I wouldn't call that raising her.

I never said Mel groping a teenger was right, I just said that he sees Eliz as the same lover he's always have had, so it was natural for him to do so. Eliz is the one being weird here, since she doesn't even react to an stranger touching her breasts.

I do accept I have a big complaint to the main relationships, it's that all follow the same tragic beats which annoys the hell out of me. All 3 are these dramatic, tragic stories of people trying to be together for many years only to constantly be separated over and over again, and that just tires a lot after a point.

I'm not saying you can't justify these with in-verse logic, but just the deliberate choice of writing them that way (A grown man having sex with a loli, a guy starting a relationship with someone he took care for a long time when she was a child, a dude waiting a baby to grow up to date her again) is still rather disturbing when you read it.

I don't find them disturbing at all EXACTLY because of the in-universe logic given to each of them. Ban isn't a paedo because he's dating someone much older than him and personally gives her his consent. King didn't really spent much time with Diane from their perspective, since they perfectly confused a guy with his grandfather because of how the fairies and giants percieve time in relation to humans. Mel and Eliz have been a couple for centuries, so Mel is constantly taking care of all lives of her beloved so they can be happy together. I really find all these relationship to be sweet because of how their time together is written, but as I said, Nakaba constantly pulling the same tragic twists to all of them is what annoys me of them.

Mel and Elizabeth would be the weird one but Elaine's situation...They separate this sort of stuff though. Seems weird but this is usually how it goes:

Loli = pubescent child

Legal loli = pubescent body + adult mind

In Nippon land he isn't breaking any laws...not even morally it seems.

I indeed think Mel x Eliz is the only of the main relationships that I would call weird, simply because of reincarnation sheaningans making poor Mel's love life a mess, and because of Eliz being totally alright a man she didn't even know was doing all kinds of stuff to her.

Epsilon R said:
Still, he calls someone with a child body sexy
He loves her. That's why he feels attracted to her.

When they first met he called her a child. ban isnt blind. Ban fell in love with her afterwards, he loves her and only her. Its fine. If Ban had shown attraction to other girls with a similar body to Elaine, I'd be concerned.

yo... elaine is a.. and say it with me now... FAIRY.. other than the king their all have bodies of children its a race thing... its like if you made love to a goblin their tiny

The romance in this series is unbearable. Ban tries to find a way to bring back Elaine which looked promising but then she randomly got revived by Mera. Even when Mera "died" her magic should have disappeared but nope, elaine just kept getting weaker for some reason instead of instantly dying.

You all in defense of a grown man ******* a child looking character might as well say you're lolicons

It doesn't matter is she is as old as the universe itself, or a non-human it's still objectively gross

Grossness can't be objective, there are people who have fetishes for literal shit, so don't use that argument when it clearly doesn't apply.

im not even defending anything im realisticlly saying shes tiny due to race and that cant be helped :/ i literally know a 27 year old(2 years older than me) that looks like shes 14... are you saying she cant even find love cuz of her body size? also ban revived elaine fully in return for his immortality

Zezu1995 said:
im not even defending anything im realisticlly saying shes tiny due to race and that cant be helped :/ i literally know a 27 year old(2 years older than me) that looks like shes 14... are you saying she cant even find love cuz of her body size? also ban revived elaine fully in return for his immortality
Yes, if her body didnt fully develope she cant find love. No ifs and or buts.

XD , oh well then anywho dont you guys think its time for us to start revivsions or should we wait for the anime to finish animating for this season?

Ionliosite said:
Grossness can't be objective, there are people who have fetishes for literal shit, so don't use that argument when it clearly doesn't apply.
Even shit fetishists find that gross, so yeah, it actually does

You poop munching lolicon

Ya imma be honest but idc how old u are, if a girl body is that of a kid then I'm not touching her in anyway

Duedate8898 said:
What the hell is going on here?
Apparently, some people think Ban is paedo because he's dating someone who's much, much older than him, which is the exact opposite of paedophilia.

Elaine, eh I guess. I kinda have a hard time visualizing her as a child due to how she acts, but going off pure asthetic sure. Never really thought about it mush since she doesn't really stick out since we got people like Meliodas, Zeldris, and King floating about.

That's more subjective then anything else, her age looks closer to twelve or thirteen from what I see.

Except she isn't a thirteen year old, you're acting like Ban as soon as he saw Elaine was like,

"Damn! I'd love to tap that."

When in actuality the pair fell in love with one another after some time together and after getting to know one another. Ban very clearly is attracted to Elaine for who she is and less for her body.

Within the context of fiction, there have been far worse hook ups than a fairy and a human moreover that said fairy can shapeshift too, sure I can understand how it looks creepy but tbh think of all the times immortals have had sex with mortals and folks didn't blink an eye because the immortal looked like; a young adult, a human, objectively "good" looking etc.

wanna know how to end this? theres A Q/A saying fairys reach full maturity after getting their wings... what do elaine have? oh right wings now lets end it

If he had varying lvls of power throughout the different arcs like Ichigo I would've agreed to split his profile. But he only has five different lvls of power throughout the series. There really isn't any point in splitting him as he won't be getting anymore keys.

Back