• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu No Taizai Discussion Thread 7

Mel was comparable to Meal in a sense both are the ace of their clans and somewhat close in power at certain times in day, the display of Meal right now is result of him absorbing 3 commandments and adding it to his base power and he' still facing some troubles with King and Gowther "although he's just playing around right now"

No one seriously think Meal is equal to Mel even without his Grace right? Also, Meal with grace >> Mel. People need to get that. If Escanor stomped Mel at noon and he's just human with Sunshine grace then Meal with beat the shit out of him even before Noon

well i don't think its gonna be like that. Logic really doesnt work with this, Knowing how NNT is, escanor is probably stronger than mael when he had his grace.

Obviously Escanor's sunshine could be stronger than the one Meal had but we have no way of telling right now. The the AA really wanked Meal a lot but let be real all he ever did as Estarossa was taking L's and I doubt this much will change now

It's hard to take his character seriously

just noticed that in mel's profile there is a post timeskip key. i dont remember a timeskip (unless you count the month he was dead)

ZERO7772 said:
Obviously Escanor's sunshine could be stronger than the one Meal had but we have no way of telling right now. The the AA really wanked Meal a lot but let be real all he ever did as Estarossa was taking L's and I doubt this much will change now
It's hard to take his character seriously
this basically summarizes the way i belive things are probably gonna be

ZERO7772 said:
There was one month time asking after the TC killed him so the key refer to that
that logic does not work all. Gowther implied that someone with equal power to meliodas has to balance it after he betrayed the demon clan. Mael being the chosen proves my point that Mael and meliodas were relative in power back then.Clearly you're forgetting meliodas got stronger even after he fought Escanor and characters said this to back it up.

i though that it was refered as "Post Resurrection"

TBH I want to rename the key to what you suggest

@Maxnumb231 Gowther can say what he wants. Mel got stomped by Escanor who wasn't even going for the kill at noon. No way Mel can fight Mael at noon either and if he CAN fight Meal at Noon that contradicts the whole statement about them being equals since Mael's power work the same way as Escanor, if Mel can fight Mael at Noon then he ******* murder him for the rest of the day.

Keeping them relative to each other with Mel being stronger at night and Mael being stronger at noon make sense plot and narrator wise. Also, the few lines about Mel darkness power getting stronger means a little unless there's proof that he received a massive boost after his fight with Escanor.

That or Mael sunshine isn't as stronger Escanor "which I doubt"

ZERO7772 said:
@Maxnumb231 Gowther can say what he wants. Mel got stomped by Escanor who wasn't even going for the kill at noon. No way Mel can fight Mael at noon either and if he CAN fight Meal at Noon that contradicts the whole statement about them being equals since Mael's power work the same way as Escanor, if Mel can fight Mael at Noon then he ******* murder him for the rest of the day.

Keeping them relative to each other with Mel being stronger at night and Mael being stronger at noon make sense plot and narrator wise. Also, the few lines about Mel darkness power getting stronger means a little unless there's proof that he received a massive boost after his fight with Escanor.

That or Mael sunshine isn't as stronger Escanor "which I doubt"
Like i said why do u assume that Mael is stronger and Gowthers statement would make no sense on how strong meliodas is. Even the DK when meliodas was in coma even said Meliodas is awakening and all. Despite seeing his fight with escanor he still implied he wasnt at his peak comapre to back then. In fact it was revealed that a manga chapter will reveal meliodas vs mael back then before he betrayed the clan. So him not getting stronger and still has the same power in chapter 232 does not make sense narrative wise. Im standing by my point meliodas and mael are relative

lets just wait for the next chapter, im pretty sure characters like Mael always gonna be crazy strong then the old angel and demons fusion is even worse, we all know how strong characters like that end up being. IMO Mael is just playing around, he wants to make GOwther suffer. Im pretty sure if Mael goes all out he would be stronger than everyone on the planet. THats just how much hype he has. I dont even understand how we say that Escanor with the ONe is stronger than Mael with his grace when we dont know how strong he was and just go off statements.

AstralKing7 said:
lets just wait for the next chapter, im pretty sure characters like Mael always gonna be crazy strong then the old angel and demons fusion is even worse, we all know how strong characters like that end up being. IMO Mael is just playing around, he wants to make GOwther suffer. Im pretty sure if Mael goes all out he would be stronger than everyone on the planet. THats just how much hype he has. I dont even understand how we say that Escanor with the ONe is stronger than Mael with his grace when we dont know how strong he was and just go off statements.
My entire point is that it was revealed this chapter in order to put balance when meliodas betrayed them gowther needs meliodas level warrior to balance it therefore mael is relative to meliodas even back then. I was startled with the assumption that people uses chapter 232 as his peak when i said above it wasnt his peak.

i think mael got nerfed when he became estrossa, wasnt as strong as his angel counter part and mentaly unstable also

Btw I want to rename Mel's post-time skip key into "post-resurrection" or "post Revival". It's minor change but I wanted to ask everone first.

ZERO7772 said:
Btw I want to rename Mel's post-time skip key into "post-resurrection" or "post Revival". It's minor change but I wanted to ask everone first.
Post resurrection sounds better

Yo guys quick question:

Is Escanor the only Sin who's yet to get an upgrade of sorts?

I mean whether it be training, a trip through purgatory, regaining memories/emotions, or 5 ******* commandments all the other sins have gotten a boost in one way or the other. Has Escanor received any such boost or has it pretty much been Sunshine and Rhitta no need boost thus far?

Escanor's power is pretty much a boost all day if we wanna be techincally, but if your asking if he has gotten anything new then no he hasnt. Gowther hasnt really gotten stronger either tho nor has Merlin and Ban has just gotten new resistances

Come on m8 you know exactly that's what I was asking :p I mean I'm going solely by profiles and apparently Gowther also got an upgrade via getting emotions/memories back. And yea but as I said Ban still got something. As for Merlin true didn't take her into account, but she's so Haxxy does she really need to be involved haha. He'll even Gowther can affect the DK with his Hax so he's Gucci as well I'd say.

Escanor was on the top of the ladder from the very beginning while the other characters had to climb their way yup. Escanor won every battle he's been in and he's the only Sin to never lose any battle, he even defeated the MC lol

He didn't need boost

@Zero

I'm referring to post-no longer being the top of the ladder. Since both 5C AM Mel and The One Mael apparently shit on The One Escanor.

I'm Anime only and while I don't mind spoilers you gotta understand there are many holes in my knowledge on things m8.

All just speculation. Mael may not even have the The One for all we know and Mel is yet to do anything with his power, heck he didn't even finish absorbing it. Stop jumping the gun

ZERO7772 said:
All just speculation. Mael may not even have the The One for all we know and Mel is yet to do anything with his power, heck he didn't even finish absorbing it. Stop jumping the gun
Read the second bit of my message.

Apparently I'm jumping a gun I thought was already fired

Yeah it's pretty much speculation right now but they should be logically be much stronger than The One Escanor. Mael has a much higher base power lvl and should thus be much stronger than Escanor at his peak when he had Sunshine. Assault Mode Meliodas is already really powerful by himself if you add another 25% of the Demon King's Power it should make him much stronger than The One Escanor and Mael at his peak with sunshine both of whom only has 12.5% of the Supreme Deity's Power.

....guys if you read the chapter..im about to cry...Mael doesnt even have his grace anymore man! That has me so mad, and thats just basically away to nerf MAel. He said himself that the Grace of the Sun left him when his heart became black

Aizenishere said:
That's another question I have actually. Do we still not know how Sunshine went from Mael to Escanor?
Mael and Escanor basically were kinda weak people, i think it had something to do with their characters. Mael had lots of pride in his brother so he wanted be like him. Escanor had lots of pride in Merlin so he wanted to be strong. Or unless if i just rememberd correctly wasnt he born with it?? If so then i think he was just blessed by the Goddess clan tbh, maybes before Mael fully got transformed he sent his Grace off to someone before it got destroyed knowing that he will be back 3000 years later to reclaim it

It'd be cool if it wasn't at random and there was actually a connection between Mael and Escanor.

Hell humans shouldn't be able to handle Grace right? It's unnatural that Escanor can handle it right? Again if it's been explained please fill me in but if not ain't that another mystery?

Mael and Escanor basically were kinda weak people, i think it had something to do with their characters. Mael had lots of pride in his brother so he wanted be like him. Escanor had lots of pride in Merlin so he wanted to be strong. Or unless if i just rememberd correctly wasnt he born with it?? If so then i think he was just blessed by the Goddess clan tbh, maybes before Mael fully got transformed he sent his Grace off to someone before it got destroyed knowing that he will be back 3000 years later to reclaim it

Escanor bride has nothing to do with Merlin, heck if anything it hurts his massive pride because he's in love with some witch who doesn't return his feelings

Back