• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Namor Rework (Revision Project)

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
For the record I don't think people would care much for this thread, oh well.

Namor's side of the verse is honestly, really crappily represented on the wiki, so this is a Revision Project thread to garner attention to these issues, and thus result in a revision project that'll fix him up for good

Files to Revise:
  • Namor (Marvel Comics): Namor is actually a variable tier for those who don't know, with his power level dependent on his hydration, and (I think) his anger. So work should be done to represent this, and who knows, this may yield an upgrade
  • Tiger Shark (Marvel Comics): This I swear, is missing keys, Tiger Shark has went through, at least, a great visual change in recent years.
Files to Make:
  • Namora
  • Namorita
  • Atlantis (Civilization Page)
  • Gigantors
  • Krang
  • King Attuma
  • Golden Age files

I am not sure if it is a good idea to create lots of new profile pages for comparatively less prominent Marvel characters before we have the current ones in order.

Anyway, I will ask for input.

I mean... Namor's verse wide isn't what I would call less prominent, he is the oldest comic character to have had continuous runs up until modern day. Historically he is very important, even.

Plus I think alot of muddling we have for High 6-C/4-B tier comes from Namor, who as said, has some power-variability mechanics missing from his page, so I feel nulling that inconsistency is important

I agreed with varied tier Namor.

As for pages, I can work on Namoria first. I can start working on it somewhen this week.

Unfortunately I’m also working on a very major CRT for another verse, so I won’t be able to help out here.

Shouldn't we finish with the revision project for the already existing 4-B character profile pages before we start to create new ones for comparatively obscure characters with a limited number of appearances?

What more needs to be done about the 4bs?

An Adam Warlock, Magus and Thanos revision is something I have planned, they need serious help. But that's for later

I thought that we were supposed to write an explanation footnote text regarding their High 6-C statistics, and then add it to all of them.

This mostly seems good, I'm vaguely suspecting Aquaman might work the same but that's for a different thread
Have you written a footnote that we can add to the 4-B Marvel pages yet @Hellbeast ?
Note: Do not attempt to use the High 6-C statistics for (X Character), these are for indexing purposes and subject for revisions in the near future

Sorry, just been going through something rn (hope it's good)

I was thinking more of an actual explanation note regarding why we placed their statistics at High 6-C, combined with instructions when to scale from 4-B and when from High 6-C, or something like that.

I was thinking more of an actual explanation note regarding why we placed their statistics at High 6-C, combined with instructions when to scale from 4-B and when from High 6-C, or something like that.
Wasn’t that subject to change because of the debate about how we scale Hign 6-C?

I do not remember so well. Please elaborate.

...that's the entire point, help find stuff.

It can just end up an irrelevant difference lol, though once instance I remember was like, Namor matching Ares in the ocean while he couldn't on land.

The profiles? Between 60 to 200 issues per character.

Namor himself? 1.5k, but I expect us working on his supporting cast while keeping an eye on Namor himself, should be enough.

...that's the entire point, help find stuff.
I'm aware, I was curious if you had anything Zark
It can just end up an irrelevant difference lol, though once instance I remember was like, Namor matching Ares in the ocean while he couldn't on land.
Hmm that does seem to imply Large Island, likely higher when he's hydrated (Likely higher accounting for the possibility Ares might have better stuff)

Thank you to everybody who are helping out here.

"Yet I can sense that his strength is but half of what it was on land!" Shouldn't be more? Why is it less?

Namor amped by water/with his true power being 4-B doesn't seem to be a contradiction from what I saw from early FF issues.

"Yet I can sense that his strength is but half of what it was on land!" Shouldn't be more? Why is it less?

Namor amped by water/with his true power being 4-B doesn't seem to be a contradiction from what I saw from early FF issues.
Correct me if I'm wrong but that line is Namor talking about Hercules no?

Back