• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My thoughts about MCU Dormammu

I think this is highballed profile. In my opinion he should be Low 2-C or High 3-A. His dimension is without time so we know he is innaccessible speed ( or infinite how u call it ). But we know he only conquers entire universes with own time-space continuums but this DOESN'T PROVE HE DESTROYS TIME FLOW OR MANIPULATE IT. He potentially is 4D via his heritage, but he only has High 3-A feats like consuming universes with own time-space continuums. His AP is about only consuming one universe. He doesn't destroy time flow. He deserves to be High 3-A according to his feats in lore and potentially low 2-C because he is 4D arguably

High Universe level: Characters who have an infinite degree of 3-dimensional power. Alternately 4-dimensional power that is shown as completely qualitatively superior to 3-Dimensional beings, but is less than universal in scale. Or that allows them to create large parts of a universal continuum. Take note that 4-D power should logically always be superior to countably infinite 3-D power, so characters within this tier are not necessarily comparable. Also take note that we consider most small scale time-space abilities as hax, not as AP.

U see ? Dormammu is about to have control over it. He wasn't even been stated to be destructor of them, but just to collect them to own dimension.

What I'm getting from this is that some people call innaccessible speed to the speed stat of dudes who can move at infinite speed, that seems needlessly confusing.

Anyway that aside I was aiming to make a big thread about how "lol merging universes" should not be 2-C without more context on it, affecting characters like Ultron-Sigma as well. MCU Dorm should be 3-A, but idk if I can organize myself about it in this thread.

Also dimensionality means nothing in the MCU as dimensions are just universes there - no, 'cuz there is 0 evidence of higher dimensions being infinitely above each other. That alone settles the matter.

Following. My knowledge is limited.

If his dimension is without the concept of time, how does he not manipulate space and time?

Eficiente said:
What I'm getting from this is that some people call innaccessible speed to the speed stat of dudes who can move at infinite speed, that seems needlessly confusing.
Anyway that aside I was aiming to make a big thread about how "lol merging universes" should not be 2-C without more context on it, affecting characters like Ultron-Sigma as well. MCU Dorm should be 3-A, but idk if I can organize myself about it in this thread.
Thank you that u at least considers my own thoughts as sth logical 😊

Moritzva said:
If his dimension is without the concept of time, how does he not manipulate space and time?
Idk overally with those concept but we know time doesn't exist but it doesn't mean he is beyond all concepts of time.

I know Dormammu didn't even know what time is and could casually be affected by Eye of Agamotto so that proves he lives in realm were time doesn't exist but do not transcend it.

"This is like u gave Kaecilius powers from your dimension so i brought some powers from mine. THIS IS TIME ! ENDLESS LOOPED TIME !"~Dr Strange.

So context even shows he is not beyond concepts of time but lives in timeless dimension according to multiple statements and lore

Eficiente

i use meta lvl speed definition system as Chuch, Seth, Realm of SPlash, The Knight of Justice etc. use.

Infinite speed < Inaccessible speed < Immesurable speed < higher lvl immesurable ( like keeping up with multidimensional beings ) < Irrelevant < speeds of fictional transcendence sth like Cosmic Armour Superman or other monito sphere beings which view godsphere as fiction ( outerversal realms )

Moritzva said:
It's strange. The Dark Dimension was repeatedly stated to not have time yet Dorm himself is made of time-space, lacked infinite speed in his only appearance and people can move in his dimension. The "time" the Dark Dimension lacks is not really time but a few meanings and functions time has the creators of the movie thought was time, as a whole.

I don't even think he genuinely has infinite speed.

ArthurCurry89 said:
Moritzva said:
Idk overally with those concept but we know time doesn't exist but it doesn't mean he is beyond all concepts of time.
I know Dormammu didn't even know what time is and could casually be affected by Eye of Agamotto so that proves he lives in realm were time doesn't exist but do not transcend it.

"This is like u gave Kaecilius powers from your dimension so i brought some powers from mine. THIS IS TIME ! ENDLESS LOOPED TIME !"~Dr Strange.
He totally isn't effected by the eye. What strange did was put a sort of Check point close to Dormammuu, he didn't time-loop him or anything like that, Dormammuu simply killed Strange and Strange came back because he used a spell on himself

Dr. Stephen Strange: Dormammu! I've come to bargain.

Dormammu: You… what is happening?

Dr. Stephen Strange: Just as you gave Kaecilius powers from your dimension, I've brought a little power from mine. This is time: endless looped time.

Dormammu: You dare!

Dr. Stephen Strange: Dormammu! I've come to bargain.

Dormammu: You cannot do this forever.

Dr. Stephen Strange: Actually, I can. This is how things are now: you and me, trapped in this moment, endlessly.

Dormammu: Then you will spend eternity dying.

Dr. Stephen Strange: Yeah. But everyone on Earth will live.

It's strange. The Dark Dimension was repeatedly stated to not have time yet Dorm himself is made of time-space, lacked infinite speed in his only appearance and people can move in his dimension. The "time" the Dark Dimension lacks is not really time but a few meanings and functions time has the creators of the movie thought was time, as a whole.
I don't even think he genuinely has infinite speed.

In my opinion his profile creators should just stop with wanking sh*t out of this character because Dormammu is NIGH FEATLESS. Sorry, but in my opinion all nigh featless characters should be banned. Too many babbling and implications, but too less feats and on screen feats are extremely hard to be interpreted. Maybe let wait to next sequel movie.

Well, no, that's a pretty bad argument, Dorm had eveything he needed to have his infinite speed, only me looking over the context more makes me think it's wrong. Otherwise he's sill a big and powerful cosmic being far above everyone who got trashed by the power of plot.

Back