• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Little Pony: Revisions are Magic! [Part 3]

EMagoIorSouI

They/Them
Hey guys. I'm back with more abilities regarding some of the characters in the verse, and even a possible tier upgrade, though I'm a little neutral on it. Let's go.

[ LORD TIREK ]

Acrobatics
- In the Ending of the End, Tirek is seen jumping tremendous distances . I believe he does this more later in the episode, too.

Social Influencing - Tirek is deceitful, and manipulative, for he manipulated Discord not once but twice. The first time was when he persuaded Discord into reverting back into his ways of chaos and villainy, and even went as far as to work with him for taking over Equestria, and was tricking him this whole time before stealing his magic. The other time was when he, alongside Cozy Glow and Chrysalis, was deceiving Grogar (Discord) into thinking they didn't have the Bewitching Bell.

Stealth Mastery - He, Chrysalis, and Cozy Glow successfully infiltrated and snuck around Canterlot when security was at its maximum during the Summer Sun Celebration when hundreds of ponies were present. They successfully broke into the archives of Canterlot, and successfully departed from the city to tell the tale.

Natural Weaponry - Via horns and claws.

Regenerationn (Low) - When Twilight knocked his tooth out, he quickly regenerated from it.

Power Bestowal - He can give people his magic.

Resistance to Ice Manipulation & Cold Temperatures - When he scaled Mount Everhoof, he wasn't bothered by the cold at all. This is the same case when the Windigos were spreading their icy winds.

[ APPLEJACK ]

Talented Fighter -
She assisted in the huge Changeling brawl at Canterlot during the Royal Wedding. She should also freely scale to Rainbow Dash.

Acrobatics - She's an athlete, enough said.

Should her skilled lassoing be considered Weapon Mastery? She has incredible aiming skills with it. It can always be linked under Weapon Mastery and be titled Skilled at Lassoing.

[ QUEEN CHRYSALIS ]

Social Influencing - She tricked the entire kingdom of Canterlot during the Royal Wedding via her shapeshifting. She has done things like this various times in the show after that.

Stealth Mastery - Same reason above with Tirek. Infiltrated Canterlot and left unfazed.

Natural Weaponry - Via sharp teeth and horn. Her shapeshifting should grant this depending on the creature she turns into.

Resistance to Ice Manipulation & Cold Temperatures - For the same reasoning as Tirek above.

[ SPIKE ]

Magic
- Dragons are magical in their own ways in MLP. Some of his already existing abilities and the abilities below should advocate this.

Social Influencing - He is good at manipulating people (like his profile says).

Resistance to Magma Manipulation & Extreme Heat - He can freely swim in lava.

Light Manipulation - His body can glow with light. This occurs when he is being called by the map, or is being summoned by the Dragon Lord.

Age Manipulation & Size Manipulation - In Secret of My Excess, when he kept receiving/stealing objects, his aging process accelerates massively, which also allows him to grow in size as well.

[ THE STORM KING ]

Social Influencing
- He manipulated Tempest into thinking he has methods to replenish her horn, but later revaled that he was only using her for his plans.

Acrobatics - He has good climbing and leaping skills.

Natural Weaponry - Via claws and teeth.

Power Nullification - The Staff of Sacanas negated the petrification effect on the Princesses given by the obsidian orbs. I'm unsure where this ability would fit in specifically, but power null seems like the best bet to me.

[ TEMPEST SHADOW ]

Explosion Manipulation
- She can make fireworks.

Durability Negation - Via the obsidian orbs.

[ OTHER ]

minor Magic
to any pegasi (Pegasus magic allows them to stand on clouds)

Okay, it's time for the upgrade proposal. But again, I'm neutral on it and won't extensively argue on it, so I really don't care if it gets denied or not.

[ THE TANTABUS ]

The Tantabus is an interesting character, for it exists in the Dream Realm. However, there are some feats that prove that it might be 4-A, and there's a possibility the high-tier characters could scale. In the dreams in possesses, it can create numerous stars in the background, create tears in the dreams with starry skies, and there's the fact that it can openly control and manipulate these dreams. All of this should qualify for being 4-A, since these dreams aren't really confirmed to be universe sized, it's safe to assume that they are at least at the magnitude of being Multi-Solar System. And that's not all, Luna was able to merge these dreams all into one, and she was the one who created the Tantabus in the first place. If this is legit, then it applies to those who can scale to Luna.

Now, here's the big question. Is the dream realm physically real? While not 100% definitive, it is at least hinted and, to a certain extent, shown to be physical. Think about it, instead of exiting the mind of another pony, it chooses to come out a portal that leads into the real world via the dream realm. With this, it proves that the Tantabus is physically real, which hints to the Dream Realm being just as real as the world of the waking.

But, since it's not 100% difinitive, how about this? The tiering can go to something like "At least 4-B, possibly 4-A". The "possibly" justification works quite efficiently since it's used for tiers that aren't 100% difinitive, but are still legit in some sense through a certain amount of reasoning. That's my take on this, though. I'm not fully in agreement, so I won't argue too much about it.

Those seem good. But, let's not add countless abilities to the board, please. I'm mostly focusing on the current abilities I proposed above.

These seem good to me. We could probably also add Chrysalis turning the different pony races against each other while in disguise

The abilities seems fine, with the exception that social influencing and acrobatics should require quite extreme skills in these areas before they are assigned. Chrysalis can probably get social influencing though.

I do not think that we can scale raw power in the regular world from that of a dream.

Alright, thanks for the input.

And yeah, I had my doubts about the dream thing but hey, I decided to give it a shot to see where it would land.

Also, I think Acrobatics for Tirek should at least still apply. He can jump tremendous distances, and on the Acrobatics page, it even states that great leaping distances are applicable.

Just jumping far should not be enough to count as acrobatics. By that logic anybody with great superhuman strength should have it.

Antvasima said:
The abilities seems fine, with the exception that social influencing and acrobatics should require quite extreme skills in these areas before they are assigned. Chrysalis can probably get social influencing though.
I do not think that we can scale raw power in the regular world from that of a dream.
We can if dreams are implied to be actual places and not taking merely place in the subconscious.

DoggoRoboto gave compelling arguments for dreams being real places. For one: There are multiple accounts of characters actively responding to pain within the dream itself, like Scootaloo falling and feeling hurt being one. There's also that the dream world where dreams take place is actively refered to as an actual realm multiple times and not as something of the mind.

Hmmm, it could work, I'm indifferent on it, however.

Realizing it, I think the Tantabus is a big enough topic to cover for another revision thread. It might not bode well with this thread when other things are being addressed.

I still think that we need something more reliable than a dream to scale from. We do not even know if the stars in the background would be real-sized stars, or just visualisations/part of the decor.

Antvasima said:
Just jumping far should not be enough to count as acrobatics. By that logic anybody with great superhuman strength should have it.
I suppose that makes sense, but I just don't see much difference is all.

Well, for acrobatics, think Spider-Man, for not having it, think the Hulk.

What I accepted earlier can probably be applied, yes.

Alright, applying these now. I do think Tirek's Social Influencing makes sense though since he's able to deceive someone as wise and deceitful as Discord.

EMagoIorSouI said:
Alright, applying these now. I do think Tirek's Social Influencing makes sense though since he's able to deceive someone as wise and deceitful as Discord.
Are we also applying the ones me and Bowser suggested or just the ones you suggested?

That should do it. I also cleaned up the messy descriptions given on some of the characters' Powers and Abilities section.

Antvasima said:
I still think that we need something more reliable than a dream to scale from. We do not even know if the stars in the background would be real-sized stars, or just visualisations/part of the decor.
Again, if the dream realms are actual places, then why wouldn't they be reliable? We do it for Sonic and Mario because their dream worlds are actual places.

Because by that logic anybody in the pony world who dreams about a star-filled sky would scale to "At least 4-A", just because Luna can enter their dreams. It doesn't make any sense.

Mentioning it because Lightbuster brought up Mario. The dream worlds are outright stated to be universes and alternate realities and shown properties of being different universes multiple times throughout the series. And Destroying the entire Multiverse is a definite 2-B; however, no one individually is Low 2-C based on their Dreams becoming universes; as it's simply the Dream Depot that's performing the feat; not any individual.

As for this feat in particular, I do trust Doggo regarding MLP. And the Dreams are indeed treated as real places given characters often feel like the places are real and getting hurt in the dream translates to getting hurt in the real world based on an OP example. However, it's unknown of every thing about the dream worlds are real; Luna doesn't quite appear to show anywhere near as much power in the real world as she does in the dreams. She effects the Sun and Moon for sure, but never anything beyond that. Luna has created Tantabus for the sake of punishing herself, and she defeated him once forgiving herself meaning a serious Luna would logically be above Tantabus. But when Tantabus escapes, it simply said it would warp all of Equestria.

I'm overall neutral on the 4-A stuff, just wanted to get some details out of the way. I do agree more staff input is important however.

Yes. I would appreciate if you ask other staff members for input.

Antvasima said:
Because by that logic anybody in the pony world who dreams about a star-filled sky would scale to "At least 4-A", just because Luna can enter their dreams. It doesn't make any sense.
That wouldn't make anyone 4-A. Making a 4-A dream /=/ being 4-A yourself. It doesn't require their power to exist. It would make Luna 4-A for fusing an entire town of dreams and anyone scaleable to her. In other words: She's actively manipulating them in their entirety and the spell was draining a lot of magic and required effort, so it should be scaleable to her ap.

To address what Medus said: Luna technically scales by virtue of what her own feats. Plus, the thing was growing stronger from her guilt. By the time it became able to escape, it was already stronger than her, but it certainly wasn't stronger initially. Also, I really don"t feel comfortable with "no one being able to stop it" when Discord and the Elements exist.

It would logically scale to anybody dreaming them into being, and likely count as insubstantial and unquantifiable psychic-style magic power for Luna. I am not comfortable at all with scaling an entire verse from something like this. My apologies.

Antvasima said:
It would logically scale to anybody dreaming them into being, and likely count as insubstantial and unquantifiable psychic-style magic power for Luna. I am not comfortable at all with scaling an entire verse from something like this. My apologies.
No it's not. The dream world/dreamscape is doing the creating.

It most certainly would not. Not when doing so actively drains her magic and actively makes her weaker.

Characters dreaming them into being would just be a chain reaction; it would only be an AP feat for Luna and Tantabus as said above given they can effect the Dream Worlds or merge them similar to typical multiverse merging feats. So it would mainly just be the God Tiers/Everyone who's already Tier 4, that scale since it's mainly Luna and Tantabus' feats.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Characters dreaming them into being would just be a chain reaction; it would only be an AP feat for Luna and Tantabus as said above given they can effect the Dream Worlds or merge them similar to typical multiverse merging feats. So it would mainly just be the God Tiers that scale since it's mainly Luna and Tantabus' feats.
I wouldn't exactly call Luna a God tier. I'd say anyone comparable or > to Discord is a god tier. Luna's more of a top tier with the Tantabus being unquantifiably above her.

Well, if Medeus agrees, I suppose that makes this considerably more reliable, but I would still prefer more staff input.

I would appreciate if you ask some other administrators as well. Maybe Promestein and Ryukama too.

Back