• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small Discord Revision

ShionAH

He/Him
Just because a character has been alive for quite some time does not mean they have Immortality 1, It would be Longevity
  • Physics Manipulation (He has displayed control over his realm such as adding and deleting gravity from it on a whim)
This is Gravity Manipulation isnt it?
I am very certain Causality hax is not this easy to get. How do we know he didnt do that himself? How do we know he didnt simply amp the pony's sneeze? Why do we assume he changed the very core of causality about sneezes?
Shapeshifting fits better doesn't it?
How does this mean he can induce Madness on his own or control it? Its just empowerment

Yeah seems like it
I am very certain Causality hax is not this easy to get. How do we know he didnt do that himself? How do we know he didnt simply amp the pony's sneeze? Why do we assume he changed the very core of causality about sneezes?
How was it given casuality manipulation tho ?
How does this mean he can induce Madness on his own or control it? Its just empowerment
Limited madness manip?
Just because a character has been alive for quite some time does not mean they have Immortality 1, It would be Longevity
If a character is stated to eternal life than its type one, otherwise I think it's longevity

I agree with this revision, just gonna wait for madness manipulation revision. I want to know what other thinks.

• Physics Manipulation (He has displayed control over his realm such as adding and deleting gravity from it on a whim)
This is Gravity Manipulation isnt it?
So I’d argue Discord is actually Immortal just not in the traditional sense. It goes with his abstract existence, as long as chaos exists he will exist, meaning as long as chaos is around he effectively can’t die, least of all of old age. Chaos doesn’t exactly age.

Neutral on the Physics Manipulation but tbh should probably just be a sub power, he can do a lot of things that manipulate physics like change gravity, controlling the elements, warping reality like are on the Physics Manipulation page. So maybe just remove the wonky justification.

I mean to me this is textbook causality manipulation. He replaced the cause and effect of what the pony did. Her sneeze which normally would do nothing, instead caused a bunch of houses to be knocked over. The scene clearly shows they fell over as a result of her sneeze because of Discord messing with the natural order of things. It’s not a crazy showing of it but changing cause and effect is causality manip.

I mean not really Hair Manipulation is it’s own page for a reason, it’s not even his only showing of being able to manipulate people’s hair

Yeah honestly the justification just needs to be changed it’s worded weirdly. But basically ponies are driven mad because of the chaos in Discord’s realm, Discord uses the same power and it’s shown that he literally draws power from the realm. So given that he uses the source of power that drives people insane he should be capable of using it to drive people insane if he wants to. Not to mention the power passively causes people to go insane if they have it like Pinkie.

So I’d argue Discord is actually Immortal just not in the traditional sense. It goes with his abstract existence, as long as chaos exists he will exist, meaning as long as chaos is around he effectively can’t die, least of all of old age. Chaos doesn’t exactly age.
But then it's immortalaity type 8

I mean to me this is textbook causality manipulation. He replaced the cause and effect of what the pony did. Her sneeze which normally would do nothing, instead caused a bunch of houses to be knocked over. The scene clearly shows they fell over as a result of her sneeze because of Discord messing with the natural order of things. It’s not a crazy showing of it but changing cause and effect is causality manip.
This requires jumping through many hoops. What if Discord just amped her sneeze?

Thats Immortality 8, You cant take the cake and eat it too
Neutral on the Physics Manipulation but tbh should probably just be a sub power, he can do a lot of things that manipulate physics like change gravity, controlling the elements, warping reality like are on the Physics Manipulation page. So maybe just remove the wonky justification.
I dont know the show much but wouldnt that just be Gravity and Reality Warping? Idk it looks weird rn
"How do we know he didnt do that himself? How do we know he didnt simply amp the pony's sneeze?"

There is absolutely no proof that Discord was literally changing the very fabric of cause and affect of the sneezes in all of existence or whatever. This is taking the highest end of no reason at all. I think Discord probably already has this ability but right now the justification sucks ass
I mean not really Hair Manipulation is it’s own page for a reason
You should do a bullet point then
, it’s not even his only showing of being able to manipulate people’s hair
then add that
Yeah honestly the justification just needs to be changed it’s worded weirdly. But basically ponies are driven mad because of the chaos in Discord’s realm, Discord uses the same power and it’s shown that he literally draws power from the realm. So given that he uses the source of power that drives people insane he should be capable of using it to drive people insane if he wants to. Not to mention the power passively causes people to go insane if they have it like Pinkie.
Not sure on this tbh. Maybe a Possibly rating can work but still very vague imo

I dont want to say it but this is a terrible logic
You're one to talk about terrible logic given you and others are advocating Discord gave the sneeze so much power it gained the ability to turn houses into cardboard in addition to knocked them over.
There is absolutely no proof that Discord was literally changing the very fabric of cause and affect of the sneezes in all of existence or whatever. This is taking the highest end of no reason at all. I think Discord probably already has this ability but right now the justification sucks ass
I mean, yeah, sure, when you want to make shit up and warp what we're saying then, yeah, it does look like unreasonable justification. It was for one pony. You're the one putting words into our mouths. We said he warped casualty so a sneeze knocked over a house. That's it.
ust because a character has been alive for quite some time does not mean they have Immortality 1, It would be Longevity
If I recall, there was a few statements of immortality. I think some of the side material also mentioned it, but I am less familiar with that.
Um, no? Body control would probably be better served with an example of him manipulating his limbs whilst separated from his body. But hair manipulation works just fine. He's not only altering the shape of the hair, but control over it's actions too. That's not a property of shapeshifting.

Last edited:
You're one to talk about terrible logic given you and others are advocating Discord gave the sneeze so much power it gained the ability to turn houses into cardboard in addition to knocked them over.
You cannot just give a character the highest ends for their feats just because "They didnt show that they can do the lower ends"

Thats simply illogical and I want to believe everyone can see what I mean.
I mean, yeah, sure, when you want to make shit up and warp what we're saying then, yeah, it does look like unreasonable justification. It was for one pony. You're the one putting words into our mouths.
Causality Manipulation means Discord is making it so the cause and affect of sneeze is this strong which again I dont think we have ANY proof of.

There is probably way better feats for Causality than whatever the **** this high balled vague scene is!
We said he warped casualty so a sneeze knocked over a house. That's it.
Which again has absolutely no implication of.
He could have done a thousand other stuff but we have to pick the highest of highest ends? Nuh uh chief
If I recall, there was a few statements of immortality. I think some of the side material also mentioned it, but I am less familiar with that.
Maybe. Though "Immortal" can also mean Discords Immortality 2,8 or 3

Actually if people want we can just change the Causality Manipulation justification he has a better one on his profile since his magic can negate causality by removing a bad luck spell. Instead of the bad luck spell finding the worst possible thing that can happen, it just doesn’t happen.
Look this can work perfectly fine!

I am not saying Discord does not have Causality at all since he probably does have it. This CRT is to change the justification since that scene is very highballed

Discord's mentioned the fact he's "eons old" a few times.

Don't think so, and if he has, he wouldn't consider that shit immortality. I don't think anyone in MLP considers regenerating or splitting yourself to be immortality.
Then Immo 1 seems fine Ig

Woudn't Discord technically qualify for a form of type 4 AC as well since his chaos follows a form of causality too illogical and chaotic for normal CM to work?

Woudn't Discord technically qualify for a form of type 4 AC as well since his chaos follows a form of causality too illogical and chaotic for normal CM to work?
Discord lives in Chaosville or whatever which lacks laws, causality and stuff right?

Discord lives in Chaosville or whatever which lacks laws, causality and stuff right?
Important to note that Discord is chaos. He's the soul of chaos incarnate. The literal definition of his own concept. So any properties chaos has, Discord would also have.

Accord describes himself as the "Unifying principle of order". There's no difference between him and Discord except the concept they embody. Principle means "a fundamental truth". Meaning if Discord is to chaos, what Accord is to order, that means Discord isn't just a conceptual avatar, but rather a fundamental, critical part of the concept. It's also supported in-Universe as both can swap the concept the embody at a whim.

Important to note that Discord is chaos. He's the soul of chaos incarnate. The literal definition of his own concept. So any properties chaos has, Discord would also have.

Accord describes himself as the "Unifying principle of order". There's no difference between him and Discord except the concept they embody. Principle means "a fundamental truth". Meaning if Discord is to chaos, what Accord is to order, that means Discord isn't just a conceptual avatar, but rather a fundamental, critical part of the concept.
I am saying if the place Discord lives at has no Laws, Causality and etc. Thats the easiest way to get Aca 4

Yeah he should have Aca 4 too His page is begging for a rework
I have numerous thoughts on reworking his page. Such as upgrading his AE to type 1 due to containing the cosmos within his chaos + the above stuff about his concept. Implementing a form of godly regen or just regen outright based on regenerating from nearly EEing himself via absorbing chaos. Implementing AC type 1 due to the Mane 6 having it thanks to absorbing his chaotic aura.

In no way however, do I have the time or energy for that. My last CRT got stonewalled to death, and I'm not about to put up with the same crap again.

I have numerous thoughts on reworking his page. Such as upgrading his AE to type 1 due to containing the cosmos within his chaos + the above stuff about his concept.
So Discord does not just embody Chaos, He IS chaos? Intresting indeed. But do we have any proof that he cannot be touched because of this? I remember everyone being able to interact with him
Implementing a form of godly regen or just regen outright based on regenerating from nearly EEing himself.
If he was erased completely and made a new body its Low-Godly. What do you mean by “nearly” btw?
Implementing AC type 1 due to the Mane 6 having it thanks to absorbing his chaotic aura.
AC? Meaning?
In no way however, do I have the time or energy for that. My last CRT got stonewalled to death, and I'm not about to put up with the same crap again.
Here is an Idea. Make a Blog and work on there, then make a CRT showcasing the blog. Its way easier and no one can ignore it since it would be a complete overhaul

So Discord does not just embody Chaos, He IS chaos? Intresting indeed. But do we have any proof that he cannot be touched because of this? I remember everyone being able to interact with him
Might be because of magic. We know magical items and events can influence Discord's concept, provided he sits there and allows it.
If he was erased completely and made a new body its Low-Godly. What do you mean by “nearly” btw?
Couple of important things. He was acting against his nature in one episode, and this paradoxically caused him to start fading from existence. Fluttershy had to step in and reintroduce chaos for him come back. He wasn't totally erased, but he was teetering on the edge.

My main argument here is that his body and soul were at least affected. Magic comes from your essence; the soul, and Discord can interact with himself (Touching his fingers together and interact with objects as a soul). So, if his magic is completely gone and he can't interact with things normally when he can as a spirit, that suggests his soul is being erased with him, as the soul is the source of your magic.

It's sorta complicated to explain. There's a lot of factors from other episodes and comics feeding into my logic, and I'm not always the best at putting thoughts into words.
AC? Meaning?
Acausality.

Might be because of magic. We know magical items and events can influence Discord's concept, provided he sits there and allows it.
Magic is fine but if he gets affected by normal objects, weapons and characters than it would be an major anti feat
Couple of important things. He was acting against his nature in one episode, and this paradoxically caused him to start fading from existence. Fluttershy had to step in and reintroduce chaos for him come back. He wasn't totally erased, but he was teetering on the edge.

My main argument here is that his body and soul were at least affected. Magic comes from your essence; the soul, and Discord can interact with himself (Touching his fingers together and interact with objects as a soul). So, if his magic is completely gone and he can't interact with things normally when he can as a spirit, that suggests his soul is being erased with him, as the soul is the source of your magic.
I know this feat but didnt Discord only survive because he started to cause chaos and made it so he was no longer against his nature? We also dont know if he could have came back after he was erased

I dont remember the scene so correct me if I am wrong

Magic is fine but if he gets affected by normal objects, weapons and characters than it would be an major anti feat
Thing is, everything in the Universe has magic. Even non-living things have magic, though living beings can't absorb it.
I know this feat but didnt Discord only survive because he started to cause chaos and made it so he was no longer against his nature?

I dont remember the scene so correct me if I am wrong
No, Fluttershy was the one who caused chaos. Discord tried, but he was erased too much to save himself.

Thing is, everything in the Universe has magic. Even non-living things have magic, though living beings can't absorb it.
Oh? Then I guess it can work. If you are correct
No, Fluttershy was the one who caused chaos. Discord tried, but he was erased too much to save himself.
Okay sure but how can we know Discord was gonna come back IF he was erased completely? I think Chaos simply made it so Discord was not erased which doesnt mean Chaos can give Discord a new soul and body

Okay sure but how can we know Discord was gonna come back IF he was erased completely? I think Chaos simply made it so Discord was not erased which doesnt mean Chaos can give Discord a new soul and body
I kind of feel like it needs to be godly at some level, because this is certainly above anything standard (Physical) regeneration can do.

If his body can't interact with the physical realm, that means his body is no longer physical, and what we see just an image/shell left behind. If he has no access to magic, that implies his soul is totally gone. Even when Discord was almost completely empty of magic, he could still use it if he put great effort into it.

Feel free to dismiss it. But this, I feel, is a logical conclusion based on what I know of the series.

Back