• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Little Pony Movie

"Please don't just say "No", thank you."

I didn't? I gave a paragraph of reasoning afterwards. Unless you mean why is there a period there instead of a comma, as that was a typo.

"Anyways, no matter how you slice it, I still think a possibly 4-C is warranted based on the fact she possesses Alicorn magic, which again is shown to be vastly above everything else in the universe by quite a margin."

Vastly above other things, yes. Though that could be an extremely wide range of things, and all we know for Twilight is she doesn't scale to the other Alicorns' Tier 4 or 5 feats at the moment. The best we can give her is stuff like "At least" and "likely far higher".

</div> No she says she can't due to lacking their specific magic. Which is contradictory to what the lore tells us. The fact is these unicorns, and even Starswirl don't need whatever magic the princesses have like Twilight says. Therefore her statement should be treated as outlier. </div>

So why not? She literally becsme an alicorn by surpassing Starswirl. AkA someone who moved Celestial bodies.

Unicorns like Shining Armor were capable of fending off Sombra. True Sombra was weakened, but we have no idea by how much, if at all.

Starlight had enough strength to swap cutie marks against the will of 2 princesses.

Well I'll have to wait and see where this goes but I hope Dark can get to storm King stuff sometime today

Darkanine said:
Seaponies have been a thing for awhile, albeit in para-canon works. They have their own kingdom called "Aquastria" too.
It's kind of lame.

its acutally Seaequestria and it is infact a reference to the word sequester; fitting as the kingdom is at the bottom of the ocean and not easily accessible by outsiders.

and Songbird Serenade is quite literally a pony version of the person who voiced her Sia.

Lightbuster30 said:
No she says she can't due to lacking their specific magic. Which is contradictory to what the lore tells us. The fact is these unicorns, and even Starswirl don't need whatever magic the princesses have like Twilight says. Therefore her statement should be treated as outlier.
This is blatantly false. Twilight says she can't do it because she doesn't have their magic. As in, her magic isn't strong enough to do so. Nowhere does she mention not having a specific kind of magic, which we already know isn't needed. Interpreting this as anything but "Twilight's magic isn't good enough, yet" is willingly ignoring all context.

Although if Twilight gets rescaled could she scale to the Wendigo feat? Iirc they were calced at country level here and Clover the Clever was capable of channeling the magic needed to beat them since Twilight is an alicorn could she possibly scale to that or is it to Vague to use?

By the way the entire season 7 has been leaked. And apparently the Pony of Shadows says that Twilight is almost as strong as Starswirl. So I think she still scales.

Yeah I'm not going to spoil but I'm pretty sure that comment would mean that Twilight does still scale to star lvl characters like Starswirl.

Oh right. Oh and also this time the show tied into the comics from Uncommon Bond to Legends of Magic #6 which leaded into the finale. So I guess this officially makes some of the comics canon right?

Well there were only slight hints of the comic referencing the show which was why some people were still saying the comics weren't canon. But now we have instances of the show referencing the comics.

This is blatantly false. Twilight says she can't do it because she doesn't have their magic. As in, her magic isn't strong enough to do so. Nowhere does she mention not having a specific kind of magic, which we already know isn't needed. Interpreting this as anything but "Twilight's magic isn't good enough, yet" is willingly ignoring all context.

Being honest, that is how I interpreted what you were saying. Apologies for miscommunication on my part.
And I find it difficult to believe Twilight is somehow weaker than her brother (who held back Sombra with his sheild), and a bunch of no name unicorns. I get that they were a team led by Clover and Starswirl, but we have to remember this was happening for seemingly years on end Twice per day. Lord knows how many unicorns those guys went through.

Or even Cadance (who mind you, was a pegasi for half her life, were Twilight was training since fillyhood) If Twilight isn't strong enough to move these objects on her own, then it's my opinion that she is just under strong enough to do it.

Peter1129 said:
By the way the entire season 7 has been leaked. And apparently the Pony of Shadows says that Twilight is almost as strong as Starswirl. So I think she still scales.
So what's the context? Because unlike Twilight's movie comment, this goes pretty far against what we've seen on...many occasions. Unless this is referring to Twilight's potential, which would be more accurate. Or if Starswirl just doesn't have 4-C feats in canon (though doesn't he?).

I mean he's Celestia and Luna's mentor and moved the sun and moon at one point as well so I think he does

So what's the context? Because unlike Twilight's movie comment, this goes pretty far against what we've seen on...many occasions. Unless this is referring to Twilight's potential, which would be more accurate.

Or if Starswirl just doesn't have 4-C feats in canon (though doesn't he?).

Yes actually. In the JoTTS he taught Luna how to move the stars (Tried to), and even began moving the sun on his own after growing tired of sacrificing the magic if so many unicorns.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Yeah, that's what I thought. Which is why the PoS' statement is so sketchy. Though of course, no context has been provided for this, yet.
Well to be fair they said almost as powerful. My motto with almost is always: "Almost ain't good enough." Like I suggested earlier, if Twilight isn't strong enough, then it is likely not by a significant margin.

Well The Pony of Shadows said that after Twilight managed to overpower a casual magic blast from a weakened Pony of Shadows.

Ah! quiet you! No more spoilers. It's cool having Twilight officially compared to somepony so powerful, but you are ruining the surprise. No more spoilers....no more.

Sorry almost forgot not everybody has watched it yet. But that was just a 5 second scene so I didn't think it was that important. But Twilight isn't officially compared to some Pony powerful. Like I said above he used a casual magic blast while weakened.

Peter1129 said:
Sorry almost forgot not everybody has watched it yet. But that was just a 5 second scene so I didn't think it was that important. But Twilight isn't officially compared to some Pony powerful. Like I said above he used a casual magic blast while weakened.
Hmm...interesting. I'll watch the episode, later today.

Back