• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Little Pony Movie

Shame we couldnt hear em talk. I mean, at least differentiate their personalities too. But im happy 2 see them again.

Now all we need is like, one more EG movie (plz no more) with them back in it.

Alright, I just saw the movie; and I gotta say that it was surprisingly a really good film. And that says a lot coming from someone who is not a brony.

Yes, they did make quite a few changes from the series, but it shows their trying to make a movie rather than just a 90 minute cartoon; like various Sony Picture Films miss that mark. The animation was actually quite top-notch; very reminiscent of various Disney classics. And yeah, the story did have some darker themes from the original series, but that does make for better story writing; and at least it doesn't go over board.

And as for the characters, I personally think they captured the personality of the main cast very well. Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie did admittedly do some stupid stuff, but that wasn't the first time they did stuff like that. Although, Twilight was the only one IMO who did do something out of character, but it's passable given the situations. Plus it is something that teaches us more about her character, willing to go through drastic measures for her friends. The other main characters, who don't learn much from their original show counterparts. And as for the new characters, I personally find it weird for anthropomorphic animals to be in the film; only ponies and mythology creatures were who I'm used to being able to talk like people. But they are all done very well; especially Tempest.

But I'd still say the songs were the best part about the movie; some might argue that there were a little too many, but at least their all great music tracks. Anyway, I personally want to see Animat's review; he's IMO the best animated movie critic and was kind of in the same boat as me when he spoke his anticipation.

Let's first wait to see which statistics that Azathoth thinks that Tempest should have.

Jinx666 said:
Btw, In the latest episode, Sirens have returned :D
Are there new Equestria Girls episodes out as well?

Antvasima said:
Let's first wait to see which statistics that Azathoth thinks that Tempest should have.
Dunno, really. She's definitely way above most main ponies and such. Don't think she scales to higher-tiers, though. Never really has a proper interaction with them. She beats the Alicorns via petrification bombs and Twilight via a magic-dampening cage.

Antvasima said:
Are there new Equestria Girls episodes out as well?
I know they're in the second half of the S7 finale in a flashback, and are banished exactly as Rainbow Rocks says they were, just as a callback and to solidify EQG as canon.

Of note is also that on my second watch, the finale totally retcons a few things from the Journal, too. Namely having to do with the Tree of Harmony.

So in practice, what statistics do you think would be best for Tempest? "At least... At most..."?

Okay. Thank you for the information.

Okay. If anybody wants to create this type of profile for Tempest, feel free to do so.

I do not remember, but you can inspect the profiles yourself, if you wish.

Okay. It would be appreciated if somebody updates the profiles accordingly then.

Another calc group member needs to inspect and accept that calculation. Perhaps somebody could message them about it?

OishiLover75 said:
In Shadow Play, Applejack pushed away a giant rock. Should be higher than Class 1.
The size of that thing alone is big as a small house. Probably nothing special compared to her current tier.

Last edited:
Back