• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Little Pony Movie

I could forgive Twilight because it was a stressful situation for her, meaning she probably wasn't thinking straight.

Pinkie and Dash were just dumb though. Though I can't really say their actions were out of character.

About the sunlight thing Dark is it similar to Jack's sunlight dodge? Cause it could lead to a speed upgrade if it is

She barely moved, so it probably wouldn't be an upgrade. It would make the rating more consistent though.

Yeah, it was actual sunlight. It was from when Rainbow Dash put a hole in the cloud and sunlight came through it.

Although on that Dark didn't you recently calc Rarity at small city level? So shouldn't the main cast be upgraded cause of that?

I don't think they were personally but I think Dash's Sonic Rainboom giveing away there location could be seen as dumb

I think they got distracted "Broadway force". Remember that episode when they were a few seconds late in a challenge because they had to sing a song. Pinkie may not be excused from that, but Dash I see.

Regarding scaling, the Storm King pre-amp should probably be at least High 7-C. He didn't do anything before getting amped, but I see no reason he shouldn't scale to Tempest, and even some of his more elite mooks could overpower the Mane 6. Post-amp should be obvious.

Alicorn Twilight needs a major downgrade. Her current tier is based on the assumption she compares to the other alicorns, but we're told in the film (by Twilight herself) that she can't move celestial bodies like they can. I don't know if she should even be straight up tier 5, currently. She's repeatedly shown to have a lot of potential, but that doesn't mean she's currently at that level.

Tempest should definitely scale to the Mane 6, for obvious reasons. I don't think the magic bombs should have a tier. They're almost certainly durability negation/petrification, since they turn the target into solid, easily breakable crystal and seem to nullify some magic.

Queen Novo has literally zero feats, so I don't know if she could get a solid tier.

Don't know the exact tier of the Storm King's soldiers, but they're clearly above most ponies. The ones with streaks in their hair that acted as guards for Tempest seem pretty strong, as one of them physically overpowered Twilight and Dash simultaneously.

Okay understood I think Storm Kings storm could be calced at least could help for consistency I guess and maybe Twilight somewhat reacting to sunlight? Darkanine will probably do that eventually

I just finished seeing the movie (Thank you **********). The animation was weird at first, but I really grew to love it (Fluidity in the animation was spectacular), the anthro characters were jarring but really refreshing for me, love that they used hippogriffs and hippocampi (Two of my favorite mythological creatures), the Storm King was amazing despite his limited scenery, and I'm really interested to see where the characters go in the future (Assuming they appear in the show).

I generally agree with Azzy about all the tiering. I'd like to make the Storm King's page myself, if that would't be too much trouble. On a sidenote, it seems that the Alicorns' magic has the ability to undo petrification, as Tempest using the staff's power to repair the kingdom also broke the princesses out of the stone.

I'm just really glad we finally have a powerful, dangerous villain since Tirek (Hell, the Storm King is the strongest villain the series short of him).

Speaking of, Jesus, the Storm King is the first villain since Sombra to outright die rather than just being redeemed/sealed.

Pardon if my post seems jumbled, I have a lot of thoughts.

The Storm King died huh? Rip another villian. Tbh why is Tirek still alive? The guy is capable of completely draining all magic from Star-moving entities and is extremely ruthless. Seems too dangerous to leave hanging around in a normal cage.

The Everlasting said:
Speaking of, Jesus, the Storm King is the first villain since Sombra to outright die rather than just being redeemed/sealed.
He's actually still alive during the credits (you can see his eyes moving around in frustration as one of his henchmen repeatedly fails to put him back together), but I don't know if they're keeping that as canon or not.

Well I'm guessing at the end he'll be so worthless he might as well be dead although a seapony is confirmed for S8 so it seems the movie is canon

@Assaltwaffle

To be fair, Tirek only escaped because Cerberus randomly left his post.

@Azzy

Ah, though I'm leaning towards that just being a joke.

Still, disregarding that, we've had our first villain death in... five years?

I'm also wondering if any scenes with the Storm King moving the sun can be calced. Yes, he does at various points swing it around at FTL speeds, but I think there are moments where he moves it at relativistic speeds.

Unless this conflicts with what our current celestial body thread says.

I think regardless, it shows just how ridiculously superior he is to pretty much everything else in the show, sans super amped Tirek, who he's around the level of. After all, he flipped the sun and moon pretty much instantly just to dick around with his powers.

I also find it hilarious that creating a massive storm was a bigger deal than moving the actual sun, for him.

Maybe sun moving has become just that common in the series XD although Storm King is probably my favorite Mlp movie villain alongside the Sirens

@Azzy

What do you think of my suggestion for the calcs?

Because if we get 4-B results, that could possibly scale to amped Twilight, full power Tirek and the Rainbow Power.

Since Twilight was ALSO all the Alicorns combined, and full power Tirek was that + Discord + Every pony in Equestria.

I think the first few scenes with the Storm King moving the sun could get good results, the ones before he flings it around in the day/night stuff.

Hell, since the movie is already uploaded in good quality, it's not like we need to wait.

We just need to get Dark on this.

I heavily disagree with azathoth. It goes against everything we've been shown. After all, who was moving the sun before they came along? And since Star Swirl is becming canon, so far everything has shown that he was their mentor (in the now canon comics). We even have Sombra and Chrysalis taking them on.

I refuse to believe what Twilight said on the grounds that it goes against feats shown in the show, basic logic, and Twilight being superior to Celestia's own mentor. If anything it sounds like the writers goofing up.

"It goes against everything we've been shown."

What does and how?

"After all, who was moving the sun before they came along?"

First of all, that would be Fridge Logic, not anything to say it's a downgrade.

Second, it was stated in The Journal of the Two Sisters that a group of unicorns would do it, at the cost of permanently losing all of their magical energy.

"And since Star Swirl is becming canon, so far everything has shown that he was their mentor (in the now canon comics). We even have Sombra and Chrysalis taking them on."

This is relevant how?

"I refuse to believe what Twilight said on the grounds that it goes against feats shown in the show, basic logic, and Twilight being superior to Celestia's own mentor."

Being someone's mentor =/= being stronger than them.

Besides, we're downgrading Twilight. What are you even talking about?

"If anything it sounds like the writers goofing up."

I reiterate, what does?

You're just spouting a bunch of nonsense.

Js250476 said:
Iirc it was Starswirl and an entire team of unicorns that used to move it
Actially a team of unicorns did it. Then Starswirl gave it a try solo (he suceeded). Even still he was their mentor. Everything they princesses learned they learned from him(the new comics ate canon for tying into the show), and Twilight became an alicorn by supaassing him. It feels like a plot whole or something. And since there are numerous characters capable of fighting the princesses, it would be wildly unfair to downgrade Twilight.

Also I'm pretty Celestia isn't massively above Starswirl if Legends of magic issue 1 is anything to go by

I know But does Starswirl not scale to Celestia? he seemed pretty comparable to her in the comics albeit it was a younger Celestia

Back