• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Little Pony: Equestria Girls Upgrade Top-Tiers : " At least Low 2-C "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bump.

Alright. Low 2-C it is then. Yes I know it seems I"m throwing in the towel, but at this point it's a miracle if the tier 2 actuality even stays so arguing this wilds no merit.

I had a extremely detailed list of reasoning on why Gloriossa should be, but it seems my arguments are always deemed exaggerated no matter which franchise I focus on , so I'll let Light explain in my steed if he doesn't mind .

Lightbuster30 said:
1. You literally tried scaling Discord to Midnight Sparkle's tier 2 feat based on nothing except portal creation.

2. She did try that. On Apple Bloom iirc. She explicitly states that she failed because her magic wasn't strong enough to stop Sombra. In the comic series, Celestia is resistant to mind control based on being just that strong. It doesn't matter if she never tried an age spell. The fact of the matter is: She explicitly couldn't do it on account of not being powerful enough. A lack of strength explictly was the problem.

3. @The 2nd Existential Seed Gave plenty of reasoning for Gloriosa being > Midnight Sparkle. You can talk to him about it.

4. Speaking of The 2nd Existential Seed I think I'll respond to your post now: @The 2nd Existential Seed So what if the Equestrians saw the tears? That doesn't prove they were being affected. It proves they could see the tears. And they absolutely were not affected by it. Not a single Equestrian was affected beyond seeing the tears happen. The only thing suggesting Midnight Sparkle was threatening both worlds is the fact that she brought it up to begin with. But the first film said only the human world was in danger. I'm not going to trust Twilight's word when she; at the time, was too insane to care about reality collapsing on top of her head.
1) GokuSparkle already clarified the difference in this one.

2) Though IDW is its own verse and thus doesn't really work as an argument, but by skimming through the transcript, it seems Twilight's magic indeed wasn't strong enough to counter Sombra's mind control.

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
Light likely has the first two arguments so I am not going to respond to them right now as I'm tired. But the third, woo boy the third, is not a good argument.

Midnight is clearly not Sci-Twi going crazy. We see bits of Midnight's energy everytime she usesmoee magic than regular Twi can do. She was about to become Midnight herself because she was trying to overpower Gloriossa's magic. Like here:

Screenshot 20191127-211052 YouTube
This is her becoming Midnight... Before we see what's going on in her head. Did you miss this first part or something ?

I never implied it was just Sci-Twi going insane. Midnight's personality was definitely trying to get in control of her, but that's entirely the reason why I doubt this remnant of Midnight is just as strong as in FG. She had no trouble possessing Sci-Twi back then, but now Sci-Twi is able to fight back. Between FG and LoE, base Sci-Twi never got any upgrades, and even if she did, an upgrade from 10-B to 9-B would mean nothing to a full-powered 2-C. Moreover, she never got any sort of Mind Control Resistance from the magic of the Elements (plus if that was even a thing, Luna wouldn't worry about becoming Nightmare Moon again). The way I see it, it clearly indicates that the original Midnight >>>>> the remnant of Midnight from LoE.

Furthermore, is the assumption that FG Midnight = LoE Midgnight our only reason to scale Gloriosa and the geode forms (i.e., at least three characters) to 2-C? That seems very flimsy.

I had a extremely detailed list of reasoning on why Gloriossa should be, but it seems my arguments are always deemed exaggerated no matter which franchise I focus on , so I'll let Light explain in my steed if he doesn't mind .
I really think you're better suited for this. You're the one who got the Human World EoH scaling to the Pony World versions. Though, I can give input when needed.

Yes, agreed, but I would appreciate if somebody could ask several staff members to give input here regarding the scaling, especially for Gloriosa and characters scaled to her in turn.

Here are many suggestions:

Promestei, SomebodyData, The real cal howard, Dragonmasterxyz, Celestial Pegasus, Dark649, Soldier Blue, Monarch Laciel, Saikou The Lewd King, DarkDragonMedeus, Andytrenom, AKM sama, Wokista, Ultima Reality, Mr. Bambu, Gemmysaur, Theglassman12, Qawsedf234, Crabwhale, Crimson Azoth, Sir Ovens, Warren Valio, The Calaca, Zark2099, ByAsura, GyroNutz

Antvasima said:
Yes, agreed, but I would appreciate if somebody could ask several staff members to give input here regarding the scaling, especially for Gloriosa and characters scaled to her in turn.
Here are many suggestions:

Promestei, SomebodyData, The real cal howard, Dragonmasterxyz, Celestial Pegasus, Dark649, Soldier Blue, Monarch Laciel, Saikou The Lewd King, DarkDragonMedeus, Andytrenom, AKM sama, Wokista, Ultima Reality, Mr. Bambu, Gemmysaur, Theglassman12, Qawsedf234, Crabwhale, Crimson Azoth, Sir Ovens, Warren Valio, The Calaca, Zark2099, ByAsura, GyroNutz
Honestly? When it comes to powerscaling this to other characters? I think we need not only a staff member, but a knowledgable one on the series too.

DarkAnine approving it seems good; though, I do think it's preferable if at least one or two more current staff members approve it.

Hmm... Is there any other recommendations one can make here that would be good for this type of thread that hasn't been asked to respond already ?
If you posted your evidence for Gloriosa scaling, you might be able to convince Ant and Medeus. I don't know the powerscaling in the Equestria Girlsverse as well as you do.

Oh, and since 2-C was already accepted, and then agreed to Low 2-C instead, I changed all the 2-Cs to Low 2-C. I haven't touched Gloriosa since we're still disucssing her. The only thing left is undecided on Gloriosa and the Pony Elements.

Bump.

Gloriossa was directly stated as unbeatable by the Main Six [aside from the obvious Sci-Twi] , who have access to the Pony-Up powers, and should be superior to their combined power since they were harnessing remnants of each of the Geodes' Energy to use the Pony-Up form, which is comparable to their Friendship Games Pony-Up via Sunset and various sources within the movie. This would make Gloriossa by herself unquantifiably superior to Midnight/Daydream since their combined power is superior to their power via their presence . This would mean Gloriossa, Sci-Twi (every variant) , and Full Geode empowered Humane Elements are a lot stronger than Daydream / Midnight , and support my stance that she is likely pretty significantly above baseline.

So, it would be as follows:

Everfree Pony-Up Forms: Possibly Low 2-C (The residual energies / presence of the Geodes each created powers akin to the Pony-Up Forms made them comparable or far stronger via Sunset's word)

Gloriossa: Low 2-C (Possesses the combined power of the geodes, in which the Geodes' residual energies / presence made the Pony-Up Everfree forms comparable to the Rainbow Rock Pony-Up Forms. Completely overpowered the main six in said Pony-Up Forms and was stated that nothing could stop her sans Sci-Twi by again, Sunset)

Sci-Twi: Low 2-C (Even as a human barely tapping into her powers was able to override Gloriossa's vines which no sold the Main Six and defenses comparable to Gloriossa's full power, and was considered superior to Rarity's Barrier [which could stop Gloriossa] despite not showing any hints of her power aside from casual efforts, and destroyed said barrier just by releasing her powers . Considerably superior to Full Powered Gloriossa even when no where near full power)

OR: Geode Sci-Twi >> Full Powered Sci-Twi = Geodes Main Six >> Awakened Sci-Twi >> Gloriossa = Combined Geodes (6x) [which each are effortlessly at least 2x Pony-Up Form via with their presence making something as powerful as the Pony-Up Forms , making it roughly 12x] >=< Human Sci-Twi accessing a minor portion of her power [as she was able to overpower the vines in which a barrier fighting off vines empowered by a Geode full assault couldn't even push back fully] >> Rainbow Rocks Midnight Sparkle [As she had the power of 5 as opposed to 6 of the Pony-Up Forms] >> Pony-Up Form = Rainbow Pony-Up Form/

Is there any concrete proof that the geode pony-up forms are stronger than the previous pony-up forms? I don't even see Sunset talking about it in the transcript: https://mlp.fandom.com/wiki/Transcripts/My_Little_Pony_Equestria_Girls:_Legend_of_Everfree The only substantial evidence I can find is that Mane Six were, in fact, incapable of subduing Gloriosa by themselves in their pony-up forms. So that would just put Gloriosa and the geode forms above them. But I still see no reason for Gloriosa or the geode forms to rise to 2-C.

Lightbuster30 said:
Oh, and since 2-C was already accepted, and then agreed to Low 2-C instead, I changed all the 2-Cs to Low 2-C. I haven't touched Gloriosa since we're still disucssing her. The only thing left is undecided on Gloriosa and the Pony Elements.
Thank you for the revisions. It looks weird to our visitors if Gloriosa and the characters scaled from her are 2-C though, so I would appreciate if you adjust them to Low 2-C in the meantime.

Antvasima said:
Lightbuster30 said:
Thank you for the revisions. It looks weird to our visitors if Gloriosa and the characters scaled from her are 2-C though, so I would appreciate if you adjust them to Low 2-C in the meantime.
Done then.

Gloriosa can certainly scale to Low 2-C though. The Pony Up-Forms are essentially them using the magic of their Element. You can blatantly see the geodes not only activate the Pony Up forms (Multiple instances of the geodes crackling with power before they enter the modes), but even use the direct Magic of Friendship itself. The geodes are essentially the human versions of Elements of Harmony. There is no difference between standard pony up, and geode pony up. They display the same powers of the geodes (such as Rainbow Dash gaining superspeed in the Friendship Games). Contextually, the show makes no differentation between geode and normal pony ups. Bringing it up is honestly just pure pedantry. You would first have to prove the geodes aren't using the magic of friendship and are seperate from it.

Gloriosa on the other hand overpowered 5 out of the 7 elements. Daily reminder that Sunset Shimmer undid the destruction of her world absorbing the magic of only 5.

Very agreeable Light. Not to mention if we assume Gloriossa had access to all the power of the 7 Geodes [each are akin to the power of the Pony-Up transformation at least as it was described being near their presence triggered their Pony-Ups , which means each Geodes' presence = Pony-Up Levels] , that would mean in retrospect Gloriossa was equal at least the power of 7 Pony-Ups, when Sunset doing the feat scales to 5 Elements... Which explains how she was able to easily stomp the Main Six into the ground.

I think I've given decent arguments for why the Pony Elements should scale, but I'm gonna dive a bit deeper into why they ought to scale. Firstly: Why would the Human Elements randomly jump all the way to low 2-C? It's effectively the same power as before and yet it randomly decides to become infinitely stronger because....reasons? Something has to justify that boost. Now, I know what Seed said about the Human Elements growing, and I've argued against that above. I also have a new argument to add to the table.

See people, the only reason the Elements got stronger against the Dazzlings was because of Sunset Shimmer. Sunset Shimmer added an additional Element to the mix: The Element of Empathy. No, I'm not making this up, she's literally the Element of Empathy for those who don't know. That's how they evolved and grew stronger. I think they did grow and evolve, like turning into a geode form, but they didn't do that again until two movies after Rainbow Rocks. Are we seriously going to argue one additional Element made them literally more than infinitely stronger? Somehow holding more influence than the element of magic itself? Utter nonsense. Besides, as I've brought up countless times already, 5 out of the 6 Elements were enough to undo a threat to all of reality. The logic becomes utterly broken if the Pony Elements can't scale. How do the Humane 5 somehow have friendship so strong that it becomes infinitely stronger than the pony versions? Like, what? How?

I agree, the Pony Elements should scale. Though this brings up a question, are there any characters than can scale to the Elements? My mind goes to possibly Discord since they were the only thing that could defeat him and the POS since he temporarily resisted being banished by them.

If the Pony Elements scale it might turn into Outliers for them. Discord only being beaten by the Elements doesn't exactly means he scales.

It could just mean they scale below though. Or even give the characters a possibly rating since they required a a Low 2-C weapon to be beat.

CinnabarManx421 said:
It could just mean they scale below though. Or even give the characters a possibly rating since they required a a Low 2-C weapon to be beat.
Tier 2 NMM via momentarily holding back the EoH

Not happening, obviously, but oh man I wish it were so.

Lightbuster30 said:
Gloriosa can certainly scale to Low 2-C though. The Pony Up-Forms are essentially them using the magic of their Element. You can blatantly see the geodes not only activate the Pony Up forms (Multiple instances of the geodes crackling with power before they enter the modes), but even use the direct Magic of Friendship itself. The geodes are essentially the human versions of Elements of Harmony. There is no difference between standard pony up, and geode pony up. They display the same powers of the geodes (such as Rainbow Dash gaining superspeed in the Friendship Games). Contextually, the show makes no differentation between geode and normal pony ups. Bringing it up is honestly just pure pedantry. You would first have to prove the geodes aren't using the magic of friendship and are seperate from it.
Gloriosa on the other hand overpowered 5 out of the 7 elements. Daily reminder that Sunset Shimmer undid the destruction of her world absorbing the magic of only 5.
But you probably noticed that in FG, Sci-Twi drained HuMane 5 out of their ability to pony-up. When they were powering up Sunset, they weren't in their pony-up forms either, so they were using some other remains of their magic. Doesn't that prove that there's more to the magic of elements than just the pony-up forms? And since, according to you, geode pony-ups = normal pony-ups, wouldn't that mean HuMane 5 were using only a part of their potential power against Gloriosa? That could potentially put Midnight and Daydream above Gloriosa and the geodes, and still doesn't warrant a Low 2-C for her.

Or, Sunset Shimmer drained them before they could transform? It's not like they transform the instant they start glowing. And since when the hell does going pony up imply they are only using a fravtion of their power? That implies the ******* opposite, seeing as they didn't build up enough to make the full transformation.

Lightbuster30 said:
Or, Sunset Shimmer drained them before they could transform? It's not like they transform the instant they start glowing. And since when the hell does going pony up imply they are only using a fravtion of their power? That implies the ******* opposite, seeing as they didn't build up enough to make the full transformation.
It was an explicitly stated plot point that they couldn't pony-up at this point. Plus the animation for them at this part is different than the consistent pony-up animation. When they pony-up, the first thing they do is grow their ears. When channeling magic to Sunset, their hair was rising.

That at least means that the pony-ups don't contain the full power of the elements, because the HuMane Six (assuming Sunset's own magic remnants also contributed) clearly had to have some power left at that point. Logically, they couldn't have just gotten it out of nowhere.

Moreover, I've got a bigger point to make. I've rewatched the climax of LoE, and noticed that we never actually see HuMane Five use all of their magic at once against Gloriosa EoH-style. Gloriosa only ever owerpowers their individual uses of magic (restores the vine walls broken by Applejack and Pinkie and breaks Rarity's shield). Note that none of the HuMane Five by themselves are currently even close to Low 2-C on their profiles. If they had a beam struggle with Gloriosa like Daydream vs Midnight, this would be great proof, but as of now, I still see nothing to suggest a Low 2-C.

We know so far that:

The magic of the Elements combined = Daydream + Midnight at the very least

Midnight = 6 pony-up HuMane Six forms = Low 2-C

Daydream = whatever power HuMane Six possess past the pony-up forms = Low 2-C

How do Gloriosa and the geodes fit into this? She never goes into a direct struggle with the entirety of HuMane Six, or even the HuMane Five.

Later, HuMane Seven keeps the geodes, but it's never stated they only pony-up via them (they could do so without them in FG and LoE after all). The geodes most likely do provide a boost to power, and grant their specific abilities like Dash's speed, but I doubt they are the basis for them using the Magic of Friendship (though is this even relevant? Does HuMane 7 even have any big feats after LoE? I haven't seen all of the specials).

Taking this into account, the entire premise of scaling Gloriosa/geodes seems faulty, because, well, something I've just realized... Gloriosa simply doesn't ever interact with any Low 2-Cs.

PeaceOnTheRise said:
It was an explicitly stated plot point that they couldn't pony-up at this point. Plus the animation for them at this part is different than the consistent pony-up animation. When they pony-up, the first thing they do is grow their ears. When channeling magic to Sunset, their hair was rising.
Where is this stated?

Also, none of the human 6 thought they could beat Gloriosa. They were all about to ge crushed at once by the brambles.

Twilight explicitly overcame Midnight Sparkle's power to beat Gloriosa, and even then, she still wasn't able to completely undo Gloriosa's magic wide-scale magic without the rest of the Humane 7. And don't even try arguing Midnight is for whatever reason weaker. You honestly think Midnight is supposed to be; what did you call her, a remnant? Bull-to-the-shit! Headcanon Not accepted. "But Twilight overcame Midnight even though Midnight easily possessed her before. Clearly she's weaker." No. **** no to that! The entire point of the scene was to have Twilight overcome Midnight. Sunset explicitly says Twilight has to become stronger than Midnight. You think Sunset is supposed to know that Midnight got weaker? It was about Twilight being better than Midnight and overcoming her. Defeating a watered down Midnight not only goes against the threat the heroines consistiently treat her as, but completely undermines the theme and emotional impact of the climax (Not to mention it isn't remotely implied to begin with, save for you attempting to use the scene of Twilight overcoming her to mean Midnight is somehow weaker).

@The 2nd Existential Seed, got anything to add to this? You know the Equestria Girlsverse much better than me.

Lightbuster30 said:
PeaceOnTheRise said:
Where is this stated?
Upon a closer look at the transcript, it's not, though I could've sworn I've seen it mentioned somewhere. For now I stand corrected, though that changes little: that still means they had some power left during the climax of FG.

Your entire point of the pony ups not having the full power of the Elements hinges entirely on them not being able to pony up. If this isn't true, then your point falls on it's face, having lost it's leg to stand on. I'll admit you're right in that they didn't use all their power at once on her, but they were still going to be crushed all at once anyways, as I've pointed out in my edit.

Also: Edited my comment to address what you said much earlier in the thread.

Lightbuster30 said:
PeaceOnTheRise said:
Where is this stated?
Also, none of the human 6 thought they could beat Gloriosa. They were all about to ge crushed at once by the brambles.

Twilight explicitly overcame Midnight Sparkle's power to beat Gloriosa, and even then, she still wasn't able to completely undo Gloriosa's magic wide-scale magic without the rest of the Humane 7. And don't even try arguing Midnight is for whatever reason weaker. You honestly think Midnight is supposed to be; what did you call her, a remnant? Bull-to-the-shit! Headcanon Not accepted. "But Twilight overcame Midnight even though Midnight easily possessed her before. Clearly she's weaker." No. **** no to that! The entire point of the scene was to have Twilight overcome Midnight. Sunset explicitly says Twilight has to become stronger than Midnight. You think Sunset is supposed to know that Midnight got weaker? It was about Twilight being better than Midnight and overcoming her. Defeating a watered down Midnight not only goes against the threat the heroines consistiently treat her as, but completely undermines the theme and emotional impact of the climax (Not to mention it isn't remotely implied to begin with, save for you attempting to use the scene of Twilight overcoming her to mean Midnight is somehow weaker).

@The 2nd Existential Seed, got anything to add to this? You know the Equestria Girlsverse much better than me.
I'm going purely by what was shown and said. I'm not denying that the remnant of Midnight could have eventually taken control of Sci-Twi, if Sci-Twi ever got worn out and stopped struggling. But whatever was left of Midnight that dwelled in Twilight's consciousness had to put in great effort to overtake her. I'm not just referring to the scene where Sci-Twi overcomes her, I'm referring to how Sci-Twi was able to resist at all. After the original transformation was undone by Sunset, at least weeks/months have passed, and at no point did Sci-Twi ever got overtaken by Midnight as easily as in FG.

Midnight's tier in LoE is hard to measure in the first place, since Midnight by herself doesn't interact with reality in any way, she's only able to do that via attempting to possess Sci-Twi. So it's Possession vs attempts to resist it, which doesn't translate to AP, durability or any concrete stat. So the only strength Sunset could possibly be talking about is the strength of Sci-Twi's resistance.

I don't think Sci-Twi needs to beat a literal Low 2-C in order for the climax to have emotional impact. I always saw it as more symbolic for Sci-Twi making a determined decision to let go of her past, which is the emotional core of the scene... Not suddenly getting enough power to destroy a multiverse with a single pony-up (!). Midnight not being ridiculously strong doesn't take anything from it.

As for Gloriosa vs HuMane 5, it could just as well be PIS. Once again, HuMane 5 never even attempt to blast Gloriosa with all of their united power at once. Of course we don't know whether just the 5 of them would even be able to do it, but the HuMane 7 most certainly would. Another thing I have to point out is that at least in AP, individual pony-ups actually scale to Gloriosa. They do manage to break her vine constructs, it's just that Gloriosa is able to restore them. All the more reason to assume that if they actually attempted to blast her with their combiner power, they could've overwhelmed her and won.

Bottom line: Neither Midnight in LoE nor Gloriosa have any feats that suggest a Low 2-C. Midnight by herself has no control over anything outside of Sci-Twi's head, Gloriosa only ever fights individual 4-Bs (assuming we scale the HuMane 5 based on their pony counterparts with Elements). Going by that, I suggest 4-B for Gloriosa and the geode forms.

Gloriossa was directly stated as unbeatable by the Main Six [aside from the obvious Sci-Twi] , who have access to the Pony-Up powers, and should be superior to their combined power since they were harnessing remnants of each of the Geodes' Energy to use the Pony-Up form, which is comparable to their Friendship Games Pony-Up via Sunset and various sources within the movie. This would make Gloriossa by herself unquantifiably superior to Midnight/Daydream since their combined power is superior to their power via their presence . This would mean Gloriossa, Sci-Twi (every variant) , and Full Geode empowered Humane Elements are a lot stronger than Daydream / Midnight , and support my stance that she is likely pretty significantly above baseline.
I would think that since they're just absorbing some energy from the geodes and not actually wearing them theu'd be weaker.

CinnabarManx421 said:
The Pony of Shadows is clearly at least comparable to the elements, since even the power of 5 of the elements and the pillars' artifacts couldn't fully push him into the void.

I just rewatched the scene of Twilght overcoming Midnight, and nothing about it implies that Twilight physically overcame Midnight's power. It just looked like she got snapped out of it by her friends and her mind was stronger than Midnight's influence. The point of the scene isn't to establish that Twilight's stronger than Midnight. It's to show that Twilight won't be afraid to embrace magic anymore, and so Midnight couldn't control her anymore. She was preying on Twilight's fear, and once that was gone, she had no power over her. And again, Sunset meant that Twilight's mind had to be stronger. It's not like there was some tug of war over Twilight's body that happened. It was entirely an internal struggle.

PeaceOnTheRise said:
Bottom line: Neither Midnight in LoE nor Gloriosa have any feats that suggest a Low 2-C. Midnight by herself has no control over anything outside of Sci-Twi's head, Gloriosa only ever fights individual 4-Bs (assuming we scale the HuMane 5 based on their pony counterparts with Elements). Going by that, I suggest 4-B for Gloriosa and the geode forms.
But the pony elements scale to the EQG ones, so Gloriosa would still be Low 2-C, just a lower version of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back