• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Various MLP presentation issues

Amelia_Lonelyheart

Luckiest Lady in the Land
She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
So I haven't touched MLP on the site in awhile, but just from a few glances, I noticed a few flaws. Too tired for a deeper dive so here we go.
  • The verse page only covers Generation 4. It should be rebranded as a My Little Pony: Generation 4-5verse page. Unforuatenly, I'm unsure if they ever gave a unified name for Gens 4 and 5 so Iunno what a proper name would be.
    • Also, I'm unsure if Equestria Girls should get a separate verse page or not, given how much crossover there is
    • Furthermore, the files are usually listed as "Pony World" and "Human World". The series they belong to have actual names, and thus they should be "Friendship is Magic" and "Equestria Girls" respectively. Furthermore, these continuity desination should be listed for every page for convience sake. Just off the top of my head, Rainbow Dash, Spike, Fluttershy, Applejack, and Pinkie Pie have all appeared in previous continuities, and basically everyone relevant has appeared in other-canon works like the manga
  • FIM pages with EG keys should be split, except Sunset, Starlight, and Twilight since they're the dimension hoppers.
  • Pretty much every page's render is technically fanart. I'm not against this since they all match the style of the show extremely well, but credit should be given.
That's it for now. I'll revise P&A later.

I think this structural change makes sense.
The generation format has been used almost universally for a very long time, so I do not think using Generation 5 is improper since there's no official unifying title other than the title of the individual movies and series.

I think this structural change makes sense.
The generation format has been used almost universally for a very long time, so I do not think using Generation 5 is improper since there's no official unifying title other than the title of the individual movies and series.
The whole-franchise-for-one-page format has slowly been going away. We've been planning on splitting Transformers and TMNT for awhile, and Marvel and DC have been long since split. Since aside from Gen 4-5, no other generation connects. Even with TMNT, Transformers, or Marvel, there's characters who travel the multiverse and appear in different incarnations of the brand, that's not really the case for MLP aside from of course Gen 4 aside from the Generations mini-series

That said, I'd love to compromise with what im doing with TMNT with an overall verse page with brand-consistent terminology and links for the sub-franchises

The whole-franchise-for-one-page format has slowly been going away. We've been planning on splitting Transformers and TMNT for awhile, and Marvel and DC have been long since split. Since aside from Gen 4-5, no other generation connects. Even with TMNT, Transformers, or Marvel, there's characters who travel the multiverse and appear in different incarnations of the brand, that's not really the case for MLP aside from of course Gen 4 aside from the Generations mini-series

That said, I'd love to compromise with what im doing with TMNT with an overall verse page with brand-consistent terminology and links for the sub-franchises
Well, if the verse page includes things before Gen 4, then those should be split.
However Gen 4 and Gen 5 are clearly part of the same canon, and so should share a verse page.

Well, if the verse page includes things before Gen 4, then those should be split.
However Gen 4 and Gen 5 are clearly part of the same canon, and so should share a verse page.
That's what I'm saying yeah

Should it really? As I recall there's no real connection outside that reference in the movie.
I remembered Discord in the comic, oh well, agree.
I don't think it should. EG is just like Gen 5 after all. Sub-"verse" of MLP, so from previous point it is a bit redundant to do so.
I recall they are labeled Human/Pony World because of some in-verse statements. I agree though.
I think all important EG profiles already separated, like Human Seven. Key's like Dean Cadence are pretty redundant, so I'd remove them entirely.
Agree as well.

To be fair we don't have profiles for anything pre gen 4 and I sincerely doubt theres people chomping at the bit to get on that.
Still no objections I guess.

Back