• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My little Pony Discussion Thread 3 the end Is neigh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please tell me they didn't spoil the big revelation already? Spoilers below

I mean, pretty hard not to imagine the Princesses resigning as anything else.

I predicted something like this would happen. Twilight taking over for Celestia like a book end to her character arc.

I kinda wish I watched this show differently than I did. I started watching around Season 5, and every Season I did the same thing, I watched the current season, the next one came out, I couldn't bring myself to watch it, ended up binging it after the whole thing was out. Rinse and repeat. It wasn't as enjoyable as I coulda made it.

He's Cranky Doodle's dog so...yeah you're not far off.

@Cinnabar. I basically rewatched Season 1 and 2 ten times each before season 3 came out, got really bored by season 3, quit at season 4 and got back into it in season 7, then binged Seasons 4-6, binged all the comics, then watched Season 8 out of order.

Now THAT was a messy watching order.

My story is a lot more normal but I don't have a clear memory of my watch history.

Can you believe the first episode I watched on tv was Mysterious Mare do well? It was only afterwards I learned how infamous in the fandom it was.

Imma be honest, I've never seen an episode of Season 1 and only a few in Season 2. Since I was so far ahead I just thought "Eh, it's not worth it."

Js250476 said:
My story is a lot more normal but I don't have a clear memory of my watch history.
Can you believe the first episode I watched on tv was Mysterious Mare do well? It was only afterwards I learned how infamous in the fandom it was.
Should I feel bad that I've never seen an episode on my TV? Stupid thing doesn't authorize that channel it's on, so every episode I've seen of MLP, I've seen online. Idk man, it just feels different on the TV than on a computer or phone.

Well I don't blame ya to bad. This was back when the Hub was a thing, and Disovery Family doesn't work on all cable channels.

That and cable in general is kinda dying out to streaming services and the internet.

Js250476 said:
My first was "Owls Well That Ends Well".

It was considered one of the best, most iconic and beautifully animated episodes in the series for awhile, used in a ton of fanworks and referenced a lot in early communities. Then everyone decided it was a bad episode randomly and it's considered one of the "unholy trinity" nowadays.

As an early fan, I was so confused by its apparent infamy.

Darkanine said:
Js250476 said:
Same, a lot of episodes I never payed much mind to until I saw a few of them in the "Dethroning Moment" on TvTropes.

Say Dark, small question, but do you watch Mr.Enter?

I watch him on and off, yeah. He's where I found out Dragon Quest was also considered a "bad episode".

I like his stuff, but prefer when he does more light things, like those worst 80s TV shows lists.

Darkanine said:
I watch him on and off, yeah. He's where I found out Dragon Quest was also considered a "bad episode".
I like his stuff, but prefer when he does more light things, like those worst 80s TV shows lists.
I figured. Sorry if it was a personal question. I've just seen a "Jordan DeHart" comment a few times on his videos, your bame is Jordan, and even had your digimon profile pic, so I got curious.

Darkanine said:
Yeah, that was my (old) YouTube account before I forgot my old email.
I know that feel. I forgot the password to my old gmail long ago. Thankfully I had a backup and was able to transfer this account to my other gmail.

EDIT Actually now that I think about it, I never forgot my old gmail. Instead I contracted the "Little brother sneaks on and changes the password" disease. Was a bit more than salty over it.

I honestly had a lot of catching up to do, I think I stopped watching around season 4 and only heard of stuff and watch a few episodes of the next seasons

I kinda wonder if Celestia and Luna will have a last hurrah type of thing with this season Maybe they won't get shafted agai

CinnabarManx421 said:
Country level? Damn, my favorite verse just got downgraded from that.
Wouldn't happen to be Steven Universe would it? Dang. Was looking forward to pitting Magic Ponies vs Alien Space Gems (they aren't my 1st choice, but I've been wanting to, I secretly hoped Weekly could find a High 6-C calc for them)

Anyways, it may or may not be accepted, and they could just stay where they are. So I'm trying not to get my hopes too high.

It was. :( I didn't agree with the downgrades but Dargoo is persistent. ovo

Though honestly, I could see them becoming friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back