• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Little Pony Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't watched the video but if they don't have that episode of Tales with the cannibalistic ponies, i'm going to be sorely disappointed.

I don't watch WatchMojo but I assume it's all pretty surface level stuff. I doubt it mentioned the stuff like the child abuse subplot, the massacre of Timbucktu, the aforementioned cannibalistic ponies or some of the other super dark stuff.

Number 1 on the list was the idea of Hell existing in the MLP universe in the form of Tartarus, as well as mentioning the cages stated to be overkill. They mentioned Ponies being treated more like humans while every other animal is just like any regular animal. As well as some typical vegan complaints of ponies eating eggs and milk, or fluttershy feeding fish to other animals; but the same thing could be said about humans. Plus we actually do eat meat. But other things such as Dark Villains or characters like King Sombra and Storm King dying are standard stuff.

But yeah, Matchmojo is pretty much a quantity and little to no quality.

Neither Sombra nor Storm King are dead, actually. Off the top of my head, the only villain I know had a confirmed death was G1 Tirek, where he literally explodes. I'm sure other G1 villains died though. The 80s didn't **** around.

Ponies in FIM are herbivores, but they ate meat in Tales and the original cartoon. They don't mention it much, but Bon Bon apparently ate frogs before.

So, that is weak.

Edit: Oh yeah, there was also an episode where they tried to eat a fish.

Edit 2: The first episode of Tales even has a little kid ******* dying on screen too. You even see his ghost, lol.

I don't really know anything in the series outside of FiM, but they also mentioned some "bizarre names" from the first season such as a Pony named Sticky.

I also know the Comics have quite a lot of Dark themes.

I think Flash would be a better character if Equestria Girls wasn't such a limited series. With so little content and most of it focusing on Sunny and Twily, it doesn't leave much for poor Flashy.

That said, he's much better in the YouTube shorts and Digital series. He actually has a personality there! He's kind of an asshole in the novels though.

My question... Shouldn't the Pony Element of Magic separately scale > Unicorns who did the Sun feat in MLP ? is i

Also... Sci-Twi is coming to the Equestria world. My body is ready for the double Twilight meetup... Or maybe even Cadence getting confused that she doesn't know the dance and thinks it's a changeling ?

That would be funny... But.... This is a short.

New issue of Nightmare Knights came out. It was pretty good.

Not a fan of the lore dump that mostly explained stuff that we already learned from Legends of Magic though, that was a bit underwhelming and I don't like the idea of redeeming Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon (seriously, what even is Nightmare Moon anymore?) but overall I liked it.

Further proves that Stygian and Trixie are the best ponies.

Feat wise, the only notable things were:

• Apparently the PoS managed to seal away Eris for centuries.
  • Nightmare Moon managed to fight PoS, but lost handily.
  • Trixie has more stamina than The Great and Powerful Twily, apparently.
Macho Eris Princess Savage
Eris is probably the best comic villain in awhile. I know it's not saying much, but still...

Rainbow Dash pulled a Superboy Prime. What the heck.

This has to means Spike is like, 20 years old. Weird. I guess this means Dragons just age...really slowly.

Also, that cat girl is cute. We need more cat people (or "Cat Lords" as they're called in the RPGs)

I always pictured Smolder being about 2-3 years older, while Ember is maybe 5.

Though this throws into question what the definition of "Teenage Dragon" is.

Not going to lie, I was just hoping 20/20 was going to not involve any of this kind of stuff and just be a slice-of-life story that tells of an adventure that happened 20 years ago, but I guess with only 30~ pages, they couldn't really do that with such a large ensemble cast.

Side note but I loooooove Kuusisto's artwork in these comics, he's become probably my third favorite artist next to Andy Price and Amy Mebberson. So glad they picked him for this event.

20/20 was released.

It was really cute, but I was hoping we got to see what other citizens of Ponyville looked like 20 years ago. We do see a cameo of Mayor Mare (known as Miss Mare) who was apparently a fashion model at this time, but that's about it. Other than that, it was a fun, if predictable, story. Kuusisto's artwork was gorgeous as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back