• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Little Pony Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next issue of Nightmare Knights is here

https://***************.to/Comic/My-Little-Pony-Nightmare-Knights/Issue-3?id=145799

Today, due to circumstances, I spent some time at the library. Read some of an IDW comic. Specifically, after viewing the back cover, I read the story where Pinkie took over Discord's dimension & turned into an alicorn. Fun stuff.

NK3 Twily
You might know everything I'm gonna do, but that's notgoing to help you, since I know everything you're gonna do! STRANGE, ISN'T IT!?

Arc is meh so far but I love that bit. Tony is best at drawing a handful of ponies interacting, but whenever he's tasked with these big projects, it always seems to go south. (Never forget, Ponies of Dark Water)

@Dark I saved that scan and I love the implications of Princess Trixie and the great and powerful Twily lmao

This issue had good feats to Tempest could fight Daybreaker for a bit before ultimately losing

This makes two confirmed Princess Trixies and only one confirmed Princess Twilight.

Proof that Trixie is the ultimate life form unicorn.

Edit: Live action Twilight was also said to be a princess but ehhhh, let's ignore that.

You can say that again. I already forgot what Capper did in this issue...Stygian too for that matter.

I prefered the more abstract look for her(?) we saw in #75 Cover A, but that's pretty cool too, I guess?

If that's the cover of #76, then I hope the arc will be a three or four issue affair or something. #75 is supposed to be double length, so I'm looking forward to extended cosmic adventures. The last few comics (in all series) have lacked that adventurous edge FiM is known for.

The most action for the Main comics lately was the Nightmare Night one involving to the Student Six.

That was a great issue, but it was still a slice-of-life affair. The next few issues too also seem like slice of life stories. The last issue we got that felt like an adventure was the first half of the first issue of The Return of Tempest Shadow. And before that, honestly the last one I remember was the Mount Metazoa/Convocation arc.

It's not that I'm not liking the current stories (far from it), but I feel like they're not striking as fine of a balance as they did in the early days.

There was also the Wings over Yakyakistan.

But yeah I understand i don't mind Slice of Life but the adventure stories are why I enjoy the comics so much.

Looks like the Cosmos issues might be the next adventure.

For MLP:FiM characters, I'd assume because they aren't major enough ponies to scale to the Mane 6, or they're very early series keys.

For EQG characters, it's because MLP:FiM & EQG are sort of different 'verses; The characters are canonically different even when they share names. (IIRC, isn't there a EQG Twilight who's more into science than FiM's Twi who's more into magic?)

Also, lack of feats in EQG.

Well a lot of them are set their that shouldn't like Trixie, Big Mac, Applejack, Rarity, Twilight etc.

The EQG ones make sense.

I haven't looked at the profiles myself, but that could be due to being non-flyers or early seasons/early series keys. IIRC, most of the speed feats come from Pegasi, or stuff like Twi's much debated light dodging, from the movie. So it could be that some non-flying ponies don't have their speed scaled as high.

But I'm only speculating. If a knowledgeable member doesn't reply, it may be worth making a Q&A or maybe a Content Revision board thread, if there really is an issue.

I mean Rarity and Applejack easily reacted to Lightning in Season 1. That could be used to scale them.

Maybe. Could also have been brought up in a previous revision & been forgotten, also. But again, I'm speculating on the state of the 'verse, so don't go quoting me.

Phoenix821 said:
Why do a lot of the MLP profiles only have Peak Human speed?
I wonder that too. Pretty sure even fodder have casual Subsonic feats.

I'll calc the lightning feat when I have the time.

Applejack should probably be Relativistic sclaing to Rainbow, Trxie with the Alicorn Amulet be Twilight so she could scale.

Would Big Mac and Shining Armour scale to their sisters? Also Spike's profile says he can keep up with the Mane Six.

Yeah her profile even says "Has shown to be at least equal to if not faster than Rainbow Dash's running speed"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back