• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia: World Heroes Mission Spoiler Thread

WARNING: SPOILERS

Sup, we’re back again with another movie discussion thread! This time with the third movie in our favorite series, World Heroes Mission! Let’s discuss this outstanding film in depth, both for fun and for scaling.

Remember to be kind while in this thread! There are untagged spoilers in here!

Is it true that at one point in the movie Deku outruns a bullet?

There are a lot of guns used in the movie by quirkless people. They never explicitly show Deku just outrunning bullets, but he, Bakugo and Todoroki dodge them like it’s nothing. Idk if anything could be calced specifically though.

There is one point in the movie where the bow and arrow villain, Beros, shoots arrows from like several hundred meters away near instantly and Deku blocks and avoids all her attacks with ease. Her arrows are demonstrably comparable to bullets themselves, probably superior, in speed

Deku's stationary ora barrage made me laugh so hard because afterimages came outta nowhere while he was standing LOL
Yeah that was goofy LOL but I understood what was happening when they zoomed out and showed he was just moving so fast Flect didn’t even know what was happening. The entire rest of the Full Cowl 100% fight was absolutely stunning

Is there laser dodging in the movie?
Yes but mostly aim dodging or the lasers just not hitting them directly. Deku gets pierced like 30 times by the lasers and gets entire holes punched through his body and just kinda ignores them after going Plus Ultra.

Yeah. But him before 100%, where it’s just Deku and Flect beating the shit out of each other, is one of it not the most well animated, long lasting, intense and visceral fights in the series. You can see Flect reaching his limits while Deku just keeps going no matter what happens to him like he’s not even feeling the pain.

On that note, I actually think this Deku is using 30-45%, as he uses air pressure attacks multiple times throughout the movie that seem stronger than 20% air pressure, while never leaving his base usage. Flect notes that he got stronger as well right before they started going blow for blow, so Flect would scale to either 30 or 45%.

Also we got further confirmation that Air Force shots do indeed scale to Deku while in full cowl. Flect reflected his Air Force and they shoved Deku through a wall and hurt him while he was in full cowl. So yeah, air pressure still strong.

Soooooo does anyone have a proper clip of Bakugo’s entire fight? Or the arrow traveling hundreds meter in an instant so I can calc?

Soooooo does anyone have a proper clip of Bakugo’s entire fight? Or the arrow traveling hundreds meter in an instant so I can calc?
No, because I’m not a movie clipper. You can prob find a few clips on Twitter or elsewhere, but the full movie and a lot of the good scenes aren’t going to pop up for a while.

I’ve seen some clips but I don’t recall the arrow traveling hundreds of meters in an instant.
Assuming it traveled 200 in one frame the speed would be 4,800 m/s and if it was 1m away from deku and he dodged it moving 4 meters his speed would be 19200 m/s

I’ve seen some clips but I don’t recall the arrow traveling hundreds of meters in an instant.
Assuming it traveled 200 in one frame the speed would be 4,800 m/s and if it was 1m away from deku and he dodged it moving 4 meters his speed would be 19200 m/s
It’s when he and Rody are on the bridge, during their first meeting and right before Deku does some Blackwhip swinging. It might not be as instant as I was recalling it, but it was pretty fast and she was very far away from them, Nagant style.

Nope, he just kinda runs around. He does amp to a higher percentage vs Flect, but we don’t know what. Only reason I say it might be 30% is because he was using air pressure attacks from actual kicks a lot more.
Wow, didn't expect them not to say anything about his power.

Izuku's baselimit in the start of the Endeavor arc was around 10 to 15%, so he can't be any lower than that. Going have to wait until I see the movie myself before I can make any proper judgements, though unfortunately I'll be waiting for the blu-ray release. Which isn't coming out until February 16 in Japan.

Or by some luck something leaks early.

Wow, didn't expect them not to say anything about his power.

Izuku's baselimit in the start of the Endeavor arc was around 10 to 15%, so he can't be any lower than that. Going have to wait until I see the movie myself before I can make any proper judgements, though unfortunately I'll be waiting for the blu-ray release. Which isn't coming out until February 16 in Japan.

Or by some luck something leaks early.
I thought his base was 8%

No leaks of the big Howitzer yet?
Theres some rough video’s of the attack but with more showings of the area+cleaner video I could quantify it better.
Also I’ve found ways to measure the distance+ive got a time frame. I cant check frames but it was less than 2 seconds. Ill ho with 1second.
I need this girl’s height tho

After seeing a couple of clips and reminding myself of what all was happening, I’m pretty sure Deku is using 10-15% in the movie, but with a lot more bursts of 20%. He amps vs Flect but never visibly until near the end, so that was likely him going 20% if not slightly higher. Also this movie isn’t that long after/during endeavor training, so he wouldn’t have 30% this early.

So a key for Endeavor Agency Deku (since we can finally make one now that he has actual feats) would be:

At least 8-C, possibly High 8-C, 8-B with 10%, higher with 15%, 8-A with 20%, Low 7-B with 100%

Flect was scrapping directly with 20% and going blow for blow, but around 15% was when his quirk started to give out. So 15% could possibly be City Block+ for downscaling from 20% and beginning to actually break Flect.

Flect himself should be:

Varies, up to 8-A with Reflect

This is because he reflects the damage done to him but hits his limit around 20% levels, at which point he can still reflect attacks but it takes conscious effort and starts hurting him.

There is one point towards the beginning. A bunch of police officers open fire at Rhodey who is behind Deku. Notably one shoots first and then the rest follow suit. The first bullet reaches Rhodey and then Deku and then the rest of the bullets. Deku doesn't move until after the police open fire.

After seeing a couple of clips and reminding myself of what all was happening, I’m pretty sure Deku is using 10-15% in the movie, but with a lot more bursts of 20%. He amps vs Flect but never visibly until near the end, so that was likely him going 20% if not slightly higher. Also this movie isn’t that long after/during endeavor training, so he wouldn’t have 30% this early.

So a key for Endeavor Agency Deku (since we can finally make one now that he has actual feats) would be:

At least 8-C, possibly High 8-C, 8-B with 10%, higher with 15%, 8-A with 20%, Low 7-B with 100%

Flect was scrapping directly with 20% and going blow for blow, but around 15% was when his quirk started to give out. So 15% could possibly be City Block+ for downscaling from 20% and beginning to actually break Flect.

Flect himself should be:

Varies, up to 8-A with Reflect

This is because he reflects the damage done to him but hits his limit around 20% levels, at which point he can still reflect attacks but it takes conscious effort and starts hurting him.
I feel like Flect's Dura/AP should get an Up to Low 7-B. He does take multiple blows from 100% before being overwhelmed. Or perhaps just a possibly?

I feel like Flect's Dura/AP should get an Up to Low 7-B. He does take multiple blows from 100% before being overwhelmed. Or perhaps just a possibly?
For his peak maybe, but he definitely wasn’t reflecting those hits back. He got hit I think 5 times before he could even react and had tons of cuts on him just pop up, so maybe baseline Low 7-B for his absolute maximum reflect capabilities, and even then he’s only taking like a couple of those before his reflect fails completely and he’s done.

For his peak maybe, but he definitely wasn’t reflecting those hits back. He got hit I think 5 times before he could even react and had tons of cuts on him just pop up, so maybe baseline Low 7-B for his absolute maximum reflect capabilities, and even then he’s only taking like a couple of those before his reflect fails completely and he’s done.
Taking a few? Didnt he take a light speed ora ora of these?

Taking a few? Didnt he take a light speed ora ora of these?
Yes but it was weird because it showed he was storing and withstanding the hits, but just before then, he got blood drawn and imprints of fists on his body. So him then managing to block the hits was a bit weird.

Watched the movie and enjoyed it more than the last 2. And unpopular opinion but i liked Flect vs Deku's 1v1 slightly more than Nine vs Deku and Bakugo.
That’s not unpopular from what I’m seeing. A solo fight with Deku against someone that can actually punch back like Flect is a spectacle that can’t be denied. The animation was top tier and I actually like how disgusted and personal Deku was getting with Flect’s ideology, even if he wasn’t explicitly saying it.

Seeing Deku go blow for blow and just not going down, being as fierce as he could was amazing. There was no 100% weird stuff (yet for the most of it), only pure hand to hand combat all over the room.

Back