• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
VersusJunkie54 said:
My god... MHA ratings are never gonna stabilize. The powerscaling situation is even worse than Akame ga Kill... lol
Other series have gone through a lot worse fluctuations than this.

I think this is mostly down to the way the profiles have been written so far. Characters should not be scaled to random characters.

Characters should be scaled to feats & calcs that they can actually scale from.

EDIT: Like, why is Denki's Electrification compared to Kyoka Jiro's feat with her amplifiers? Aside from them both being students in the same class, there is no direct connection at all.

Because that 'feat' is rubbish TheRustyOne. We don't see them tank the explosion, there is no narrative purpose for them to be in the explosion, and since when did we scale Deku to random mooks anyway?

Damage3245 said:
Because that 'feat' is rubbish TheRustyOne. We don't see them tank the explosion, there is no narrative purpose for them to be in the explosion, and since when did we scale Deku to random mooks anyway?
Izuku fought them, I showed a picture of him hurting them. Yes they were in the explosion, they were right in front of the wall before it blew up.

How about a real debunk.

Being in front of the wall that was destroyed doesn't meant they took the blast directly. We see no evidence in the manga that they were hit by the blast, only that they were in the area that it happened and then they entered through the hole in the wall that was made.

They had to be hit by the blast, The explosion pushed the wall outwards meaning it came from the same side of the wall as the henchmen. They were either in between the wall and source of explosion or just a few feet meters away from it.

They had to have been hit by the explosion just look at the picture. The explosion is pushing the wall outward meaning it came from inside the wall where the henchmen were.

We see them inside the wall and a explosion happens inside of the wall. There's no reason to assume that they weren't hit by the blast.

Or maybe they moved outside of the blast radius when it went off, and then walked through the aftermath to make their entrance? That's a lot more logical than they just stood in the middle of an explosion for no reason at all.

@TheRustyOne; since we don't see them being hit by the blast, we have no reason to assume they were hit by it either.

Damage3245 said:
Or maybe they moved outside of the blast radius when it went off, and then walked through the aftermath to make their entrance? That's a lot more logical than they just stood in the middle of an explosion for no reason at all.
No your making assumption that has no basis whatsoever. Occamz Razor says they took the blast because they were standing in front of the wall that blew up.

Your trying to make this more complicated then it actually is.

Saying it makes no sense for them to stand in a explosion is not a debunk. Who cares if it doesn't make sense this is something called fiction, nothing make sense in MHA.

How on Earth is it complicated to say they moved outside of the blast radius to avoid an explosion they had no reason to hit themselves with?

> nothing make sense in MHA.

Might as well give up talking about the series if that's the route we're going to take.

Well when they came out of the wall did it look like they were damage? or shown evidence that they took the blast?

Guess what Damage, they did take the explosion. We saw them standing inside of a wall, a explosion happen from inside of a wall, and we see them come out of the hole the explosion made.

Occamz Razor.

The Burden of Proof lies on you, you need to prove that they didn't take the explosion. You haven't brought any proof only speculation that over complicates the scene.

They were standing still and nothing implies that they moved before the explosion happened. Your making this complicated because your assuming that after we saw them standing in front of the wall and not moving, that they moved away from the wall and went back to the wall after the explosion happened.

TheRustyOne said:
Guess what Damage, they did take the explosion. We saw them standing inside of a wall, a explosion happen from inside of a wall, and we see them come out of the hole the explosion made.

Occamz Razor.

The Burden of Proof lies on you, you need to prove that they didn't take the explosion. You haven't brought any proof only speculation that over complicates the scene.

They were standing still and nothing implies that they moved before the explosion happened. Your making this complicated because your assuming that after we saw them standing in front of the wall and not moving, that they moved away from the wall and went back to the wall after the explosion happened.
This summarizes what I was thinking perfectly.

TheRustyOne; standing near the wall, the explosion going off, and then them walking out isn't proof they tanked the explosion. We don't see them tanking the explosion, so I'm not going to assume they tanked it.

> Your making this complicated because your assuming that after we saw them standing in front of the wall and not moving, that they moved away from the wall and went back to the wall after the explosion happened.

How is this unreasonable in any way? In a controlled simulation for an exam, what would possess them to stand in the middle of a point-blank explosion before their entrance? You're just trying to force this through because it would mean upgrades for characters. I don't like that method.

It is not complicated to assume that characters not shown tanking an explosion didn't tank the explosion...

Again did they look like they took damage? and what chapter was it that it happened?

EDIT: Orca looks like he took no damage since he doesnt have thsoe scruff marks on him

It happened in 110, and they could have sustained damage, but with the art style of them, it's hard to tell.

BlackeJan said:
Again did they look like they took damage? and what chapter was it that it happened?
To me, there doesn't appear to be any significant visual evidence that Gang Orca and his men were just his by a building-level explosion. In fact Gang Orca looks pretty much untouched.

Sorry Damage but your still wrong, you haven't brought proof only assumptions.

We see them standing in front of the wall, a wall explodes, and then we see them standing were the explosion happen. No assumptions needed to say they took the explosion because we saw them standing in front of the wall that blew up.

Your making a assumption that they moved away when nothing about that was implied at all. Give me proof that we're wrong not just speculation, actually proof not just because it doesn't make sense for them to stand there.

It does make sense for them to stand there though, you know why... because they're strong enough to take it.

I just think its weird that they would stand in an explosion so they coud take damage then proceed to start exam. The only person that we know who can wistand those explosion is All Might

BlackeJan said:
I just think its weird that they would stand in an explosion so they coud take damage then proceed to start exam. The only person that we know who can wistand those explosion is All Might
Not true, that explosion is only 8-C. All Might is 7-B. Any 8-C character can survive that explosion.

TheRustyOne; there is a difference between surviving and being completely untouched. Look at the link I posted just above.

ByAsura said:
There might actually be another feat for them when they survive Yo Shindo's Earthquake. But i'm not sure if they'd only have withstood a portion or something.
That's better since we actually see them being hit by something; but they're not really tanking the earthquake there, just the ground crumbling around them.

Their legs would still have to withstand the vibrations without their bones being shattered.

As of yet I have not gotten a single piece of proof that they didn't take the explosions. Only assumption after assumption... I'm waiting for proof and I haven't gotten it. Once again you offer no proof and I'm getting tired of this. They tanked the explosion just fine.

They were standing in front of a wall, an explosion happen from inside a wall, and we see them standing right in front of the hole when the smoke clears.

You haven't proved that they weren't standing, all you've done is say "I don't think it makes sense for them to stand in a explosion during a test".

That's not proof or even vaild speculation. They're Super Heroes pretending to be Super Villians, one of them has all the power of a Orca Whale.

Saying it doesn't make sense is pointless. Your entire argument is invaild.

Wouldn't they have to be hit by 100% of the energy of the Earthquake in order for them to have fully tanked it though? I may be wrong but I assume most of the energy would have gone into the ground and the vibrations wouldn't have harmed them as much.

We don't have to see them get hit by the explosion you know why?

Occamz Razor. The solution with the least amount of assumptions is usually the right one. Your explantion requires far to many assumptions.

They were standing in front of a wall, an explosion happen from inside a wall, and we see them standing right in front of the hole when the smoke clears.

My explanation: They tanked the explosion because they're Heroes.

Your explanation: They were standing in front of the wall but moved away before it exploded and waited for the explosion to end and then they walked out of the hole.

(Even though you have no proof of that)

8-C level of power is nothing new to My Hero Academia, it's not impossible for them to be able to tank a 8-C explosion.

8-C

8-C

8-C

I'm not saying 8-C is an impossibility in the MHA verse... I'm saying the lack of visual evidence of them being hit by the explosion means they likely were not hit by it (I notice you didn't respond to my post earlier pointing out how Gang Orca and his mean don't have a scratch on them).

Only one assumption is required for my explanation; that they didn't want to be unnecesarily hit by an explosion during their villain entrance. That's far from unreasonable. The proof for that is that there is no sign on them after the explosion of having been hit by it.

Yes they're are scratches on them as we see the picture that comes right after the explosion. This picture comes from right after the explosion happened. Your picture comes from another panel that shows up later in the chapter.

Those don't look like scratches to me; just the dark shading of their uniforms. Notice Gang Orca has nothing resembling scratches on him. And the panel I posted was literally a couple pages after. We also see them on the page in between also looking like they aren't scratched.

EDIT: And even if it a couple of pages later, do you think that the scratches would just vanish off of them the moment they enter the battle?

As I said, they look like shading to me. Not scratches. There is a chance that the anime will clarify this matter, so would you agree on dropping this for now and revisiting it when the anime has reached this point?

Back