• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #2

Hey about you tell me what they should be rated as?

Save us all the trouble of getting into a debate.

I don't see much point in giving the Earth Beasts a rating; their only showings are getting easily destroyed, and I don't think its implied her constructs would be any harder than regular Earth so they'd be about as strong as you'd expect a mound of soil & stone would be in a monsters shape.

I believe the earth dolls should be 9-A by virtue of mass and comparability of speed, and 9-B+ or 9-A in durability (hard to kill by virtue of size) due to being able to not get utterly one-shot by students in base.

And "fodder" doesn't necessarily mean "so puny they get one-hit by anyone worth crap". Fodder means they're expendable soldiers (where the term came from) who need to be deployed in quantity to do something.

I'm meant all of the Pussycats just be clear. How strong should all four of them be? It's clear all of you disagree with my stats for them.

I can't give any feats, only headcanon, so my opinion is almost worthless, but they should be...

Tiger: At Least 8-C (and scale him to the calc which has the highest end of 8-C, pointing he should probably be stronger. Using Deku as an intermediary should work). I picture him as High 8-C

The rest is okay in my mind, except for the earth dolls which are like I said.

• sighs* they remain kinda fodder, but...

@Mand

Could you stop referring to everything as "fodder-level"? You're clearly misunderstanding everything you're reading if you're saying that Izuku has "fodder-level intellectual capacity" and that Muscular is a "fodder-level villain".

It's grating and meaningless.

Okay, saying Izuku is below the level of the average hero or villain was bullcrap and I apologize. But wouldn't Muscular get defeated by most, if not all teachers?

Mand21 said:
Okay, saying Izuku is below the level of the average hero or villain was bullcrap and I apologize. But wouldn't Muscular get defeated by most, if not all teachers?
Not going to lie... I thought you said mustard gets defeated by the teachers.

Mustard is even worse, isn't he? Pretty sure Muscular could hold his breath and shit all over him.

Also real talk Muscular easily crushes all teachers with his speed and power that's not name Aizawa.

He overpowered Izuku's 100% which was stated to be able to kill anyone from Class 1-A. (Izuku says 100% smash will kill anyone he hits)

Muscular can one shot them with ease.

Mand21 said:
Absolutely not.

There is. It's sleep gas dude with a handgun.

A freaking handgun. That the author didn't notice such a thing should be useless after his characters tanked huge explosions almost scares me. :v

@Mand

Um... no? Because he has enough strength to take a hit from 100% One For All, which would take out if not kill most Villains should you ignore powerscaling and go strictly by the story. Izuku outright states that it was a punch on par with All Might's. He has murdered numerous Pro Heroes, including Water Hose and is dangerous enough to be included in the vanguard squad for the League of Villains, who consist of bloodthirsty psychopaths like Toga, who effortlessly took down Lock Rock and could have potentially killed Izuku on numerous occasions.

The ones with the best chance of beating him are Midnight (who can put him to sleep) and Aizawa (who can negate Muscular's Quirk). But most other Pro Heroes would get slaughtered in head-to-head combat with him. Todoroki could beat him by keeping his distance and spamming ice and fire, but he would be done for if Muscular ever got close due to the latter's superior strength, durability, and speed.

Saying that Izuku's intellect is "fodder-level" is also bullshit since he's consistently one of the best thinkers of the entire cast. He's also book smart, having the 4th best grades in his class due to his obsessive note-taking and drive to be a worthy successor to All Might even though there are recognized geniuses like Bakugou and Yaoyorozu in class.

He is able to bring out the full potential of other people's Quirks because he's spent his entire life studying them due to being born without one. Between his plan to take down Compress, his successful rescue of Bakugou (and even reading the relationships between Bakugou and everyone else in class to know the only person Bakugou would willingly take help from), and the fact that Gran Torino outright calls Izuku a monster for his ability to pick things apart in his head.

Stop trying to tier characters as "fodder" and look objectively at what's been given to you.

I already took out the Izuku stuff out. It was really dumb of my part and I admit it. >.> He's just unexperienced.

And yeah, that makes sense.

I guess the only fodder tiers in BNHA verse are... Tier 9-C/low-end 9-B characters? Since Tier 10 seemingly doesn't exist in anyone that fights. Even then, they can hurt important characters (Well, not 8-B and above) so they can fight through skill, which is great, but my gut feeling that they should be stronger or will end up not standing a chance when someone worthy comes remains.

Also, that's where I must ask... why exactly no scaling is made between Izuku and All Might? Is it because of Izuku's best feats (8-C~8-B) being orders of magnitude weaker than All Might's average relevant feat (7-C~High 7-A)?

Poinciana1971 said:
How are the stats of the WWPC this time?
You barely changed anything, but yeah, earth girl having an 8-C feat makes sense and fits her. That feat should probably get a calc, though I don't know how could it be calculated.

Oh, okay, then. >.>

Well, indeed, unless some fodder gets hugely strong feats and is treated like so and beaten, thus boosting the whole cast to Tier 6, I'm guessing we shouldn't be getting any new feats from All Might at the very least. Makes sense.

I don't know, mainly because she never engages her opponents directly.

She did get restrained by Mineta's balls, so she's not especially strong physically.

@Schmuck

Probably not. The explosion was absorbed by Cementoss' walls and neither Deku nor Todoroki were directly caught in each other's attacks.

It is. But calculating that explosion cannot be done by throwing its AP in.You'd have to estimate a reasonable epicenter (or "epivolume" around which one's durability could be scaled to the full brunt of the attack), then work out the pressure from each distance and compare it to that of the average punch or something.

You can't just throw in 8-C durability to everyone in the stadium, nor gauge a certain specific level. But if you want me to give a bet, that calculation is gonna put the average person from BNHAverse at a low end of 9-B, simply because the pressure of an 8-C blast can take down walls around a certain radius, and these people were mostly within that radius or close enough to be still possible to scale to at least 9-C.

Oh, and Midnight probably won't scale anywhere above 9-B+. This feat should give her and Cementos a rating of 9-A at best.

So I was watching some Chibi Reviews and learned something interesting....

Someone bought land on the moon for Horikoshi! Am in a dream, this actually happened?!

Why Shadow, thats one dandy pfp you got there of the best girl.

But yeah, with heroes with haxy quirks like Mic, Midnight and Aizawa, they probably shouldnt be scaled to anyone like Todoroki or Bakugo.

Hey, can Toga actually copy people's Quirks as well? Nothing in the series seems to suggest that she can in fact it seems to suggest the opposite.

I've seen a bunch of people just write it off as it was for the prototype only and not in the actual show. What do you guys think, can Toga copy quirks as well?

Edit: Fixed

Poinciana1971 said:
Hey, can Toga actually copy people's Quirks as well? Nothing in the series seems to suggest that she can in fact it seems to suggest the opposite.
I've seen a bunch of people just write it off as it was for the prototype only and not in the actual show. What do you guys think, can Toga copy quirks as well?

Edit: Fixed
Those are notes from her prototype design. She cannot use other people's Quirks in the series.

If she starts using them in the actual series, then we will have evidence she can use them.

Where does it say she can't copy their quirks?

Unlike Monoma, she doesn't gain instant knowledge on everyone, so it could just be possible she wasn't using quirks because she didn't know how

Poinciana1971 said:
Well Jinx666 just changed Toga's profile to include power mimicry. Also the My Hero Academia wiki also says she can use other people's quirk.
The MHA Wiki is wrong and I'll fix that myself (content moderator).

> Where does it say she can't copy their quirks?

The only thing we know so far is that she can copy their voice and appearance. It has not been suggested she can use their Quirks.

And Izuku deduced that wasn't the real Ochaco because she didn't use Ochaco's Quirk to save herself.

Until she uses another persons Quirk in the series, we have no canon proof she can.

Back