• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #2

Well, it has now just been suggested she can use their quirks.

Yeah, but again, Toga doesn't instantly gain the knowledge on her opponent, she has to figure it out for herself, and we havent seen her witness Uraraka's use of her quirk.

Its completely possible that she didn't use it because she doesn't know how to, or what it is.

Tbh, Camies quirk could have been what she used to 'vanish' when she was using Camie's disguise. Probably not, but i wouldn't rule out the possibility of her being able to do it.

It's entirely possible she may display that ability in the future and if she does then I will gladly add it in myself but until it's demonstrated in the canon material I don't think it belongs on her profile.

Fair enough i suppose, sorry for jumping the gun.

But for the MHA wiki, how about possibly putting it in Trivia that her prototype says she can copy the quirk?

I changed Midnight's AP to unknown but added that Sonambulist ignores durability. Also gave her Wall level+ durability because she was pretty close to the center of that explosion and I really have a difficult time believing that a Pro Hero's durability would be lower than that of someone like best girl.

really have a difficult time believing that a Pro Hero's durability would be lower than that of someone like best girl.
>best Girl

Boiii
boiii

Id say creating a loud noise to bleed your enemies into submission would lean more towards the hax quirks than normal

And yes, that's the wrong link Schmuck

Jinx666 said:
Id say creating a loud noise to bleed your enemies into submission would lean more towards the hax quirks than normal

Actually you are mistaken, that's 100% the correct link.

Andytrenom said:
Jinx666 said:

Actually you are mistaken, that's 100% the correct link.
My good sir as a fellow content mod and keeper of the profiles, i say that is the wrong link OvO

How's it feel to tell me lies?
It feels like you are accusing me of lies when i was trying to point out an obvious mistake

Well fortunately a feeling is all that is

Indeed. A feeling of sorrow that there are still naysayers to the truth of Earphone Jack being the best girl.

Shadowbokunohero said:
really have a difficult time believing that a Pro Hero's durability would be lower than that of someone like best girl.
>best Girl
Boiii
boiii
Unpopular opinion here. Uraraka strikes me as really boring. She was literally designed as a satelite love interest for Deku. The first time I saw her, i rolled my eyes, knowing this was the painfully obvious love interest of the series.

Honestly, I'd rather MHA not be tainted with any garbage tier romance.

> She was literally designed as a satelite love interest for Deku.

The way the romance in the series has been handled so far has been great though. Uraraka has acknowledged the feelings she has for Deku but is resolved to not let them interfere with her hero studies or cause any kind of complication. It's surprisingly mature & thought-out for a shonen series.

She's just putting her feelings to the side for now. That's now letting her love for Deku overshadow her character. In fact it hasn't even been mentioned since the Hero License Arc.

Damage3245 said:
> She was literally designed as a satelite love interest for Deku.
The way the romance in the series has been handled so far has been great though. Uraraka has acknowledged the feelings she has for Deku but is resolved to not let them interfere with her hero studies or cause any kind of complication. It's surprisingly mature & thought-out for a shonen series.

She's just putting her feelings to the side for now. That's now letting her love for Deku overshadow her character. In fact it hasn't even been mentioned since the Hero License Arc.
I suppose. But romance has a history of lowering the quality, or even outright ruining a series. I don't want to see that happen to MHA.

finally someone who doesnt agree with the Deku x Uraraka ship. She is the regular boring cliche love interest girl in every shonen. I dont ship her with Deku tbh. I ship Deku with either Asui(they did her character so wrong in the anime, like serious giving her that voice man smh) or Toga. The reason i said Toga is because this leads to character development for them both. One of the biggest steps and acomplishments for a hero is changing a villain from a bad guy into a Hero. That leads to lots of character development for Deku and would allow him to grow as a hero and human being realizing that everyone has some good in their hearts and can be changed. Ya know what thats starting to feel like number 1 ship right there

I actually ship Baku x Ura lol, Braku

VersusJunkie54 said:
And it isn't. They clearly like each other but that's not at all what the series mainly focuses on.

Unpopular opinion here. Uraraka strikes me as really boring. She was literally designed as a satelite love interest for Deku.

If you actually believe that that's her sole purpose in the series... well then I'm sure as hell glad that is an unpopular opinion. Anyone who has watched past the first few episodes knows that there is far more to her character than her relationship with Deku.

Arrogant Schmuck said:
VersusJunkie54 said:
And it isn't. They clearly like each other but that's not at all what the series mainly focuses on.

Unpopular opinion here. Uraraka strikes me as really boring. She was literally designed as a satelite love interest for Deku.
f you actually believe that that's her sole purpose in the series... well then I'm sure as hell glad that is an unpopular opinion. Anyone who has watched past the first few episodes knows that there is far more to her character than her relationship with Deku.
You mean how we barely saw any of this until her battle against Bakugou? Much of her thought processes revolved around Deku until the Hero Licence arc where she finally burried those feelings for the time being and her development begins to keep pace with the other characters in the series.

Like it or not. Uraraka is just another cliche shounen love interest.

I ship Uraraka with Tokoyami because of their quirks. Dark Gravity Manipulation, if that ain't the edgiest thing ever I don't know what it is.

VersusJunkie54 said:
You mean how we barely saw any of this until her battle against Bakugou? Much of her thought processes revolved around Deku until the Hero Licence arc where she finally burried those feelings for the time being and her development begins to keep pace with the other characters in the series.

Yeah that is an unpopular opinion for sure... because it's not true.

Yes, she's in a shonen series and yes she's the "Love Interest" in the sense that she loves the protagonist and he clearly likes her back, but I don't see anything cliche about her or her feelings.

And I'm not trying to convince you of that; It's my opinion.

VersusJunkie54 said:
Seriously **** you and anyone who uses the phrase "like it or not." As if yours or anyone's opinion is indisputable fact.

She is not a cliche love interest. She just wants to be around him a lot, that's kind of how it works when people like each other like that. And that's part of her arc, learning to think for herself and fend for herself so that she can come closer to accomplishing her own goals.

Romance in this series is not necessarily a deal breaker. I just feel that the series would be better off without any of it whatsoever. But in the inevitable event this ship moves forward, I won't really complain.

Arrogant Schmuck said:
VersusJunkie54 said:
Seriously **** you and anyone who uses the phrase "like it or not." As if your opinion is indisputable fact.
She is not a cliche love interest. She just wants to be around him a lot, that's kind of how it works when people like each other like that. And that's part of her arc, learning to think for herself and fend for herself so that she can come closer to accomplishing her own goals.
Like how the Uraraka shippers treat their opinion on a ship as an indisputable fact? Some hypocrisy right there.

yeah i agree Ura stuck on stupid for Deku before the hero license arc and ive read the all the chapters and Ura still feels too boring imo and the regular shonen cliche love interest. When i saw them first meet in the earlier arcs i was like "Damn i hope he doesn't do the usual shonen girl who the MC thinks is cute just because she is always cheeful". No im tired of this tbh, too many other mangas is doing this and imo this could limit the manga from being great.

VersusJunkie54 said:
Like how the Uraraka shippers treat their opinion on a ship as an indisputable fact? Some hypocrisy right there.
Would love for you to point out where and when I did that. I never said anyone's ship was wrong, just that people shouldn't act as though theirs is the only one that's right.

Back