• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #11

Tetsucabrah said:
Shouldn't Hawks and High End be 8-A?
High End pretty much got murdered by every attack Endeavor threw at him and Hawk's durability with Fierce Wings shouldf be 8A however we should wait a bit cause from the spoilers of the next chapter I've seen Dabi might fight Hawks now or next chapter.

As far as I remember, High End didn't successfuly tank a single attack by Endeavor, every jet of fire pretty much blasted straight through. His regen was just too powerful.

Hey guys how about we just forget any other calc after Gentle and just use this multiplier ?

98% of me know it won't be accepted but that 2% still has hope.

I'm just surprised no one brought this potential multiplier in the past and I'm guessing was ignored and there weren't calcs that weren't contradicting this so I wonder why ?

I might've been because of different translations. I actually think I saw a translation that said dozens of times stronger in the past and I was actually forgot about that. That was actually going to be my first upgrade to the series in a CRT form when I first joined this wiki but I somehow forgotten it overtime.

It is, in fact it says dozens of times stronger. Though I don't know if it's correct. Don't think we can use it anyhow.

Lover Mode Gentle was breaking Izuku's air force gloves which are made to withstand 20%. I've always felt that Lover Mode should scale to 20% because of that.

Yeah I'm pretty sure after that karate chop Gentle did (which was really casual and wasn't intended to kill at all) Deku switched to 20% otherwise why did Deku comment that non-amped Gentle was unpredictable but then a WAY FASTER Gentle and Deku we're equal unless Deku has Reactive Power Level which he doesn't. This seems the most likely.

That's actually been my head canon but there's no proof that he was 20%. Izuku has unconsciously gone higher when he's in a high stress situation, as shown with his fight with Bakugou and Chisaki. But he always points it out when it happens, it would be weird that he didn't do that here.

Gentle was unpredictable due to his confusing way of fighting, it's impossible to tell when Gentle will make the air elastic.

I mean Izuku was distracted by La Brava there and didn't know what was happening. Heck he even blocks Gentle's chop right after that. The first instant Lover Mode wasn't that much stronger, it wasn't until later that it really kicked off.

Isn't it heavily implied that Deku uses 20% in short bursts anyway? Like, Air-Force straight out needs him to use a higher yield of OFA to be effective.

He uses air force to fight Gentle and La Brava. Which literally points towards the fact that he was using 20% in short bursts. That's my point. He's doing so consciously.

Shoot Style has nothing to due with 20%, that's just his new kicking style. What are you talking about?

It was very clearly a typo, and you retaliated with a very obnoxious triviality before I edited it out like... eight seconds later. My point still stands over your head canon. Reread chapter 174.

How am I suppose to know it's a typo? What are you even trying to prove, Izuku using 20% in short burst on his fingers when he flicks. I never denied that, I said that it's my head canon that he uses 20% Full Cowling in the fight with Gentle.

Which never happens, he only goes 20% on his finger tips. You need to calm down, please.

TheRustyOne said:
That's actually been my head canon but there's no proof that he was 20%. Izuku has unconsciously gone higher when he's in a high stress situation, as shown with his fight with Bakugou and Chisaki. But he always points it out when it happens, it would be weird that he didn't do that here.
Gentle was unpredictable due to his confusing way of fighting, it's impossible to tell when Gentle will make the air elastic.
You did not.

I done with this, I don't understand what you're trying to prove and I'll not be reading your reply if you make one. I shall apologize if I came off as rude that isn't my intent, but it's clear that this conversation is pointless and I don't want to annoy you any further.

I'm more stuck on seeing how Twice is just getting the most shit right now, all but the first villian arc he was a part of has not been kind to him

@BlackeJan

This is my hero academia, everyone has a nice rack, except Jiro

As for the rest of the story, Twice and Dabi vs Hawks will be nice, I really like how the development is going for all of them

We've always known he can attack the inside of people but still, that has to hurt really bad. Great to him do that move again but on multiple people, I should be able to get his range and I wonder...

Duedate8898 said:
I'm more stuck on seeing how Twice is just getting the most shit right now, all but the first villian arc he was a part of has not been kind to him
Well Hawk did say he was a general nice guy and hell even Dabi said it wasnt his fault

You mean how Vantablack hit Tokoyami by taking control of Dark Shadow, who, judging by his face, didn't really want to do it? I doubt we can use his full strength for this.

So guys...going by the leaks Tokoyami has A LOT more control of dark shadow and also seemingly overpowered at least a 80% Re-Destro though he did have his new legs snapped even before that he was struggling with him so Tokoyami gonna get that 8-A and he didn't seem to even be trying that hard.

Back