• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

That video someone posted awhile back made the claim the suit is basically All Might's with upgrades, including potential replications of his own Quirks as well as All For One's.
It could have all of All Might's stuff as well, though I highly doubt they gave Izuku of all people a way to self destruct.

Should be obvious, but there's a real possibility he'll use it if he has to and no one wants that. Considering the lower crime time as well, I doubt it's needed.

The mogami world calc is just mental gymnastics. Also is that a mind scape, none of it was physical so technically there was no destruction happening to calc.

Y'know, I'm curious,—I engaged in a number of conversations on the matter in recent weeks,—do you guys consider Izuku to have been using 100% against Tomura, uninhibited? I've had people telling me he was using Faux 100%, that he was using 45% and being carried by Gearshift; I've had people tell me Izuku simply hasn't mastered One For All whatsoever yet.

Y'know, I'm curious,—I engaged in a number of conversations on the matter in recent weeks,—do you guys consider Izuku to have been using 100% against Tomura, uninhibited? I've had people telling me he was using Faux 100%, that he was using 45% and being carried by Gearshift; I've had people tell me Izuku simply hasn't mastered One For All whatsoever yet.
Most likely he was using faux 100.

Question of the century. Since whatever percentage Izuku is using is strong enough to handle Complete Tomura's attack without any problem. He blocked that first punch without any assistance, it was just OFA's power. Meaning he's higher than 45%, since 45% was weaker than Incomplete Tomura.

Also, his final attacks with the Embers is obviously far too strong. It effected the weather in America that same day, yet we visually see it doesn't break his arm to throw that punch. Though note, we don't know if 100% breaks his arm anymore, we just know it still injures him going by the Second User.

Maybe 100% became like 20%, it hurts like bloody hell but it's not actually breaking bones?

I have slight hope the Final Volume will clear this up, but I feel like Horikoshi would've revealed it in universe at this point.

I am 99% sure he’s using 100% the moment his hair and eyes start glowing and sparking.

He uses Faux 100% (45 + Blackwhip + Fa Jin) the moment he enters the battlefield, gets stronger from being pissed off, then controls himself and enters the form that looks almost exactly like his prior 100%. He then no-sells a hit from beyond Prime AM Shigaraki and stomps him with Gearshift. We know his full power is stronger than Prime AM, so either he’s using 100% right now or he’s hovering close enough to it.

“Faux 100%” isn’t a form or a state that he can be in permanently, it’s him using Fa Jin and Blackwhip while at 45%. He needs to charge up to use Faux 100%. Anyone saying he’s using it the whole time he’s fighting Shigaraki or when he no sells attacks isn’t paying attention to how that ability works.

See, my thing is: narratively, he couldn't've been using any application of One For All but 100%.
  1. Izuku is "the last wielder of One For All"—he is "the one to complete One For All".
  2. The Dark Hero Arc is Izuku perfecting One For All's "full power".
  3. He, quite literally, says he cannot defeat All For One without drawing out One For All's full power.
  4. He has mastered and fully realized the abilities of the predecessors.
Why would he enter the final battle of the series and still only be relying upon less than half of One For All's full power?

That, and,

rSE5j07.png

Horikoshi says he personally likes when manga series movies contain original stories not found in the manga itself. Here's his comment from the My Hero Academia "You're Next" comic book interview.

Q: Is there anything in particular that you are conscious of when making a movie?

Horikoshi: In the past, I used to watch the new Dragon Ball movies at my local community center. However nowadays, series like Kimetsu No Yaiba or Jujutsu Kaisen have movies focused on events that actually happened in the manga series. While that’s fine and all, I personally prefer movies like the Dragon Ball ones that I enjoyed in the past, with original stories that only exists within those movies. I’m very thankful that all our movies have been like that thus far.
Interesting.

The story existing within the movie doesn't make it any less canon. It just means that there are no effects on the main story.

He’s not saying it in a “they’re non-canon” way, but that he prefers original stories being in the movies rather than adapting parts of the manga he’s already written as a movie.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I figured but I like to cope inside my head.

I knew he felt this way, the fact all of the movies don't have significant or heavy relations to the main story is was proof of that. We only have small cool cameos, with Melissa's suit being the heaviest introduction. But these moments are just as I said, cool little moments.

You don't need to see the movies to understand that Star was inspired by All Might or to see what the heroes of other countries look like. Melissa's existence is the biggest reference since without the movie it's a deus ex machina that All Might has super genius friend in America who made him a suit of armor to fight AFO.

Which is why I don't think the last chapters will be adapted as a movie. Horikoshi wants his movies to tell stories that weren't in the original manga, to expand the series by telling new stories. He doesn't want to make a movie that we're required to watch in order to understand the series.

I knew he felt this way, the fact all of the movies don't have significant or heavy relations to the main story is was proof of that. We only have small cool cameos, with Melissa's suit being the heaviest introduction. But these moments are just as I said, cool little moments.

You don't need to see the movies to understand that Star was inspired by All Might or to see what the heroes of other countries look like. Melissa's existence is the biggest reference since without the movie it's a deus ex machina that All Might has super genius friend in America who made him a suit of armor to fight AFO.

Which is why I don't think the last chapters will be adapted as a movie. Horikoshi wants his movies to tell stories that weren't in the original manga, to expand the series by telling new stories. He doesn't want to make a movie that we're required to watch in order to understand the series.
I can see a movie taking place after the EoS

See, my thing is: narratively, he couldn't've been using any application of One For All but 100%.
  1. Izuku is "the last wielder of One For All"—he is "the one to complete One For All".
  2. The Dark Hero Arc is Izuku perfecting One For All's "full power".
  3. He, quite literally, says he cannot defeat All For One without drawing out One For All's full power.
  4. He has mastered and fully realized the abilities of the predecessors.
Why would he enter the final battle of the series and still only be relying upon less than half of One For All's full power?

That, and,

rSE5j07.png
Yeah he had to have been using 100%, then of course Gearshift bumps it up to effectively 120%

I'm not going to fully trust stuff said by others, not saying they're lying, just that scenes can be misinterpreted.

But even assuming it's true, Time Slow doesn't equal Time Stop, so not it's not infinite speed. Yes, I'm certain you aren't seriously implying that rating.

I'm just making sure in case someone reading this would take it seriously.

I think moving with time stopped is no longer accepted here as infinite speed anyway.

Also, I was thinking about the lack of multipliers in MHA (I don't like them. Stacking multipliers sucks.)

Back