• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I find giving Villain Hunt 4/10 overall reasonable. Even if some people's arguments for that are wrong or disagreeable.

I'd individually give the Nagant fight and the 1-A fight 8/10 though.

The arc itself would've been the same had it gone with the length Hori envisioned it with originally.

I'm shocked the war arc has been going on for over a year and we barely touched on Ochaco vs Toga. WTF is going on with this story.
It's cramming literally everything and everyone in as Hori spearheaded to the end of the story at the speed of light.

We'll get there eventually.

There are also a lot of breaks that makes the progress of events seem longer. Binge reading helps seeing the flow of the story beats better.

He has gained abilities like Adaptation and Reactive Evolution, but since their Quirk have been erased by Monoma for most of the arc, he hasn't been able to showcase any crazy hax.

I find giving Villain Hunt 4/10 overall reasonable. Even if some people's arguments for that are wrong or disagreeable.

I'd individually give the Nagant fight and the 1-A fight 8/10 though.

The arc itself would've been the same had it gone with the length Hori envisioned it with originally.
Same thoughts.

He has gained abilities like Adaptation and Reactive Evolution, but since their Quirk have been erased by Monoma for most of the arc, he hasn't been able to showcase any crazy hax.
Therefir without a Deku pfp?!
d1502224e4ff84a2de4f4882d88167ed.gif

Haven’t been on here in a millennia. Nonetheless I am back and here to ask 2 questions pertaining Bakugou and Suneater(Tamaki). Is Bakugou large island tier? I remember doing a calc that got him at large island and couldn’t believe it. This was during his final assault against Shigaraki, he’d thrown a beefy blast also what is suneater as well I last seen him do sum sort of plasma cannon that stretched for a lengthy distance.

“Rushed ending” btw

Hope Hori’s health gets better. Also if the manga went bi-weekly I’d be ok with that tbh.
Honestly, I think that would've been the right move several tenfold chapters ago.
The pressure is clearly taking a toll, and at times, we're barely getting above 10 panels in a chapter.
Being Bi-Weekly would likely increase the quality, and consistency, and put some of the burdens off Horikoshi's back with additional time.

Either way, only some hours left until the 385 leaks apparently.

Perhaps this is a hot take, but I believe that anything short of a full-on cancellation of MHA would not be helpful for Horikoshi. It seems pretty obvious to me that he just doesn't have what it takes to finish the series and come out of it okay no matter if it's bi-weekly, monthly or even more than that. A break would also be too little, too late since Hori chose to forego his last chance to get some rest and finish off the series within a year. As you all could tell, that had failed spectacularly and at this point it is impossible for him to salvage the series he had ruined beyond repair.

His writing and perhaps even drawing should cease indefinitely and once he gets enough energy to do something again he'd need to start over. That's the best thing he can do IMO.

I agree he should completely stop writing for now until he fully recovers, but I don't think that he needs to start over. MHA, regardless of if you think it's quality has declined or not, was a work he put the whole of his soul into.

I believe leaving it unfinished would leave his legacy incomplete. It was his lives biggest work, it deserves to have an ending.

Well damn.

There are still tons of heroes fighting the twice clones, but ofc the main action is far away where AFO is since he was running. They’re all still beating him down, hitting him with the best they’ve got. But then he starts shootung lasers and bodies them all including Machia.

AFO really just beat the shit out of everyone and stole Hawk’s Quirk. And the spies inside the shelters are starting to do shit as well finally, though thankfully, Death Arms is trying to not be a bum due to his memory of Deku. So him, Kendo, Testuvs the spies.

Stain is near Shoto and Iida, so he might team up with them and do something or try to kill them. Idk.

Told y’all what would happen when AFO gets serious

Straight up one shotted every character, even Mt. Lady and Gigantomachia. Blasted apart Dark Shadow and almost killed Tokoyami, if not for Hawks protecting him. Stole Hawks’ quirk too

Really feels like AFO has lower Dura than current Shigaraki. I mean he was reduced to bones and muscle from a bunch of sub Prime characters, i mean you don't even get THAT injured fighting people comparable to you let alone weaker

Really feels like AFO has lower Dura than current Shigaraki. I mean he was reduced to bones and muscle from a bunch of sub Prime characters, i mean you don't even get THAT injured fighting people comparable to you let alone weaker
That is more obvious now but is already quite apparent prior. Especially since Prime AFO's current stats in the wiki are just assumptions based on a fight that has never been shown on-screen with minimal descriptions.

- Looks like we might finally get that three-way battle between Deku, Shiggy, and AFO.

- Hawks is done for and lost his quirk.

- AFO honestly doesn't seem to have been using any body reinforcing quirks given the damage he took. Even Hawks' sword went through him. It seems as if he is just relying on the Rewind.

- Once AFO got serious, everyone got oneshot, even Machia.

His dura is definitely dependent on what quirks he uses. I feel like this entire battle, he didn't use any actual physical quirks at all while against All Might in Kamino, apart from Air Canon, he mostly used physical quirks. Here he didn't even use something like Impact Recoil.

And he chose to just take a stab from Hawks' sword and Rewind rather than use a defensive quirk, not even his shield. I just think he stopped bothering once he got perma-rewind.

Given all the random quirks he has shown so far, I highly doubt he lacks a bunch of defensive powers.

But yeah, Shigaraki us definitely more durable since his reinforcements are permanent.

His dura is definitely dependent on what quirks he uses. I feel like this entire battle, he didn't use any actual physical quirks at all while against All Might in Kamino, apart from Air Canon, he mostly used physical quirks. Here he didn't even use something like Impact Recoil.

And he chose to just take a stab from Hawks' sword and Rewind rather than use a defensive quirk, not even his shield. I just think he stopped bothering once he got perma-rewind.

Given all the random quirks he has shown so far, I highly doubt he lacks a bunch of defensive powers.

But yeah, Shigaraki us definitely more durable since his reinforcements are permanent.
It's gonna be a bitch to scale anyone who has damaged him if that's the case then

SEE? I TOLD Y'ALL TO LET HORIKOSHI COOK

People were getting on his ass for not making AFO fight seriously, and look what happened. The reality of the situation is that AFO was likely never under any serious threat, and probably just didn't give enough of a shit to fight seriously until the last few moments. I assume that's just the way he is.

This new chapter actually got me excited, holy shit. This is a Gordan Ramsey-level feast.

It's gonna be a bitch to scale anyone who has damaged him if that's the case then
Yeah, honestly. Plus he also one-tapped everyone this chapter. Kinda hard to perfectly scale anyone to him when it seems he could have used all these powers before.It looks like he cut up Machia, lasted Tokoyami, and used some AOE attack to take our Mt Lady.

(Also Hori pretty much gave up on naming whatever quirks AFO had active or which ones he was using)

SEE? I TOLD Y'ALL TO LET HORIKOSHI COOK

People were getting on his ass for not making AFO fight seriously, and look what happened. The reality of the situation is that AFO was likely never under any serious threat, and probably just didn't give enough of a shit to fight seriously until the last few moments. I assume that's just the way he is.

This new chapter actually got me excited, holy shit. This is a Gordan Ramsey-level feast.
Probably most exciting thing for me is if we get a Deku vs Shigaraki vs AFO three-way battle. Something similar to Garou vs Flashy Flash vs Platinum Sperm where each fighter is on their own side.

I believe my 2 month ban is up.
Chapter looks good. Outside of no one scaling to AFO there's a few things that should be noted.
Darkshadow is appears big enough to dwarf mountains and AFO's shockwave like quirk just obliterates it.
According to Hawks AFO's number of quirks did not change due to the rewind so AFO has always had access to this level of power, but just doesn't use it.

Dark Shadow was able to overpower Prime AFO's push, so he should be still scaling regardless of AFO's current durability.
Wonder if there’s a way to calc how fast the laser is
Imma try it
Nowhere near Sub-Relativistic, that's for sure.

Back