• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

@TimmyTurnero

The island is over 5 km if I use these scans (5.5 km). It comes from this scene. Assuming the people there have an average height of 1.7 m. Why does this feel more accurate?

Also yes the cave entrance is meant to be massive as well. Measuring it here gives me a width that is similar to the width of the cave here.

Sato = 1.85 m (223 px)

Cave Width = 12.77 m (1540 px)

Civilian Height = 1.7 m (7 px)

Cave Width = 12.87 m (53 px) (Strangely consistent for some reason)

Maybe we should update the island size with this. Not really serious on that, since I know everyone is tired with dealing with this damn storm feat.
While I think measuring off of something other than the 80m wall is a lot better, I think it conflicts with consistency for the same reason, the size of that gap is very inconsistent and just doesn’t match the geographic building of the small island.

The island seems to have the same model for every instance of it being drawn, the only inconsistency being who is drawing it when and where, the only thing that stays the same is the bridge nine is walking on, which is shown comparable to the Island countless times, given that many of the other measurements just doesn’t work with the model of the Island, I think measuring with the bridge is the most accurate method of finding it’s size.

Accuracy over higher value, and sorry if this is annoying (this feat has been discussed god knows how many times) but this just doesn’t sit right with me

I just realized but the near high end took the full physical force of the Tiamat missiles combined while being roasted alive and taking all of the heat energy and not only lived but could still listen to orders and iirc it didn’t even have the need to regenerate

Why do we only scale it to 1 obviously because she thought she needed 10 it should be scaled to 9 missiles

I just realized but the near high end took the full physical force of the Tiamat missiles combined while being roasted alive and taking all of the heat energy and not only lived but could still listen to orders and iirc it didn’t even have the need to regenerate
Surface Area, the missiles are much bigger than the Nomu. As such it's physically impossible for it to withstand the full force of the explosion.

He doesn’t take the full force, it was agreed that they at least scale to 1 because Cassie wouldn’t have summoned all of them if 1 was enough to kill him, though I disagree with this.

Why do we only scale it to 1 obviously because she thought she needed 10 it should be scaled to 9 missiles
It was getting cooked all over by the laser spear alongside Shiggy, barely got time to heal when it got blasted and pinned by lasers again then took Giant Star's punch alongside the ensuing explosion face first. The fact that all that failed to destroy its exposed brain is pretty indicative of its durability, i can why she opted to use all 10 of those missiles

It was getting cooked all over by the laser spear alongside Shiggy, barely got time to heal when it got blasted and pinned by lasers again then took Giant Star's punch alongside the ensuing explosion face first. The fact that all that failed to destroy its exposed brain is pretty indicative of its durability, i can why she opted to use all 10 of those missiles
He didn’t get hit by the explosion face first

Surface Area, the missiles are much bigger than the Nomu. As such it's physically impossible for it to withstand the full force of the explosion.
If the Nomu was at the epicenter of the blast though, can’t we use inverse square law or whatever it’s called

Pretty sure we could also multiply the blast by the Nomu’s body surface area no? Think it’s like 0.68 m^2

Star literally slammed the missiles into the Nomu’s body
No she didn’t, we don’t see this nor do the sequence of events show this, the Nomu is shown to be next to the Jets after the explosions, which is several kilometers away from the the center of the explosion. She clearly didn’t hit him.

If the Nomu was at the epicenter of the blast though, can’t we use inverse square law or whatever it’s called

Pretty sure we could also multiply the blast by the Nomu’s body surface area no? Think it’s like 0.68 m^2
That isn't how that works. Also the warhead is inside the missile, the distance from the outer shell and the warhead is the closest the Nomu could get. However a High-End is bigger than a human. So its cross sectional area is going to be larger, and it has those big wings as well.

I've said this before, but the scaling will all be addressed in the High 6-C CRT. Any complaints or reasoning can be brought up there.

I know about surface area and it will be brought up in the thread.

Last edited:
No she didn’t, we don’t see this nor do the sequence of events show this, the Nomu is shown to be next to the Jets after the explosions, which is several kilometers away from the the center of the explosion. She clearly didn’t hit him.
It physically doesnt make sense for the Nomu to not have been in the epicenter. The Nomu could have simply been blasted backwards from the explosion, the same way Star and the jets were. Especially since Agpar told Star to make sure the missiles “hit their mark”, it implies that Star saw the Nomu decoy and then slammed the missiles into it

It physically doesnt make sense for the Nomu to not have been in the epicenter. The Nomu could have simply been blasted backwards from the explosion, the same way Star and the jets were. Especially since Agpar told Star to make sure the missiles “hit their mark”, it implies that Star saw the Nomu decoy and then slammed the missiles into it
It physically doesn’t make sense for the Nomu to be at the center, according to you Star punched the nomu hear on, this nomu would have been sent deep into the ground from this explosion, under the fist, not upwards several kilometers away from the impact point, relative in height to the Jets. Its physically impossible, Agpar(?) telling her to hit the mark only means he want her to, doesn’t mean she actually did, considering the sequence of events clearly don’t depict that.

How in the All Might does she miss the Nomu and only punch the ground/ocean near it, when it was literally being shot by her jet bros, giving her a direct line to a stationary target? Are we claiming Star didn’t see the seven lasers hitting the damn thing and just punched to the right of it and miss?

How in the All Might does she miss the Nomu and only punch the ground/ocean near it, when it was literally being shot by her jet bros, giving her a direct line to a stationary target? Are we claiming Star didn’t see the seven lasers hitting the damn thing and just punched to the right of it and miss?
*Star sees the Nomu jumping out of the ocean with lasers flying at it”

“Yeah let me just hit this square kilometer of ocean that doesn’t have the Nomu in it, that will definitely maximize the power of the missiles that the USA specifically told me not to waste

Just realized Bakugou actually has movement speed feats now without his quirk

In Chapter 358, Bakugou is dodging Shigaraki’s hand growth and literally running on one of them without any showing of his propelling explosions being used

*Star sees the Nomu jumping out of the ocean with lasers flying at it”

“Yeah let me just hit this square kilometer of ocean that doesn’t have the Nomu in it, that will definitely maximize the power of the missiles that the USA specifically told me not to waste
All this is nothing but speculation, “its not possible” “how can she miss” instead of direct evidence she hit it head on, the sequence of events literally don’t allow this to be possible, and even Shigaraki implies he would have died from this attack.

If the Nomu was hit head on, he would be sent into the ground, because according to you guys he was punched point blank range, and we all know she punched directly into the ground, the dispersion from the shockwave would have shoved him directly into the Earth, not over 8,100 meters outside of the center of the explosion, apparently being flung a similar distance as the jets which were previously shown to have been close to the Nomu.

At this point it’s not a matter of “she couldn’t have miss” or “why would she miss” it’s more or a question of how the hell could she have hit him head on.

Your only statement against our claims that she didn’t miss the punch, a ridiculously unlikely outcome given every factor possible went into her being able to land it, is that the Nomu isn’t where you think it should be after the explosion.

First off: the sea is not the ground. Stars fist is hitting the top of the ocean, which is 3.7 kilometers higher than the ground. The giant is made of air and does not abide by needing solid ground to stand on, therefore it is punching the Nomu while it is almost 4 kilometers above the ground. It staying in the air around that point after being hit with the missiles is 100% plausible, as when you’re hit with a literal explosion, bodies tend to fly at unnatural angles. If the Nomu was flung in literally any direction other than straight down, then it is completely possible for it to still be at the height of the jets. This isn’t even taking into account how quickly Shigaraki jumped out of the hole once the explosion was done, meaning there wasn’t much downtime before the Nomu could fall from the explosion and when Shigaraki made it explode.

Next up, why are you hinging this on where the jets are during the explosion shot? You’re aware the jets are constantly moving right? They very easily could have flown further down to the hole since they’re expected Shigaraki to be dead and wanted to examine things, just like Cathleen was from a distance. They are shown in motion at all times

Third: **** the jet point. the Nomu is shown to be lower than the jets, not that far from where Shigaraki is leaping from the air. Again, the top of the sea is not the ground. Shigaraki is jumping from below sea level, to sea level, then to the jets, and on the way he passes the Nomu. Which is lower than the jets, and lower than sea level, but not at the ground.

It just got hit, exploded, and was falling from where it was exploded to the sea floor. It does not need to go straight down, it could have been flung sideways or backwards across the sea, in literally any direction that prolongs its place in the air above the ground while the sea is displaced. The jet is shown close to the Nomu only after they literally fly closer and notice Shigaraki, the jets are in constant motion, as I outlined in my second point.

You can see the Nomu closer to Shigaraki and the ground than the jets, until the next panel has the jet near the Nomu because he moved. Either that, or the Nomu’s placement is just overall inconsistent, and your argument is pointless since it’s location would be a writing/art problem, not a Star Punch problem.

So yeah no, I’m not agreeing with you on any of your points here.

Your only statement against our claims that she didn’t miss the punch, a ridiculously unlikely outcome given every factor possible went into her being able to land it, is that the Nomu isn’t where you think it should be after the explosion.
Yeah, that is my only statement because it’s what I’m arguing? … I fail to see the relevancy of pointing out what I clearly made clear.
First off: the sea is not the ground. Stars fist is hitting the top of the ocean, which is 3.7 kilometers higher than the ground. The giant is made of air and does not abide by needing solid ground to stand on, therefore it is punching the Nomu while it is almost 4 kilometers above the ground. It staying in the air around that point after being hit with the missiles is 100% plausible, as when you’re hit with a literal explosion, bodies tend to fly at unnatural angles. If the Nomu was flung in literally any direction other than straight down, then it is completely possible for it to still be at the height of the jets. This isn’t even taking into account how quickly Shigaraki jumped out of the hole once the explosion was done, meaning there wasn’t much downtime before the Nomu could fall from the explosion and when Shigaraki made it explode.
I could careless where the punched landed, nor is it relevant to what’s being claimed here, the claim in question being how he was punched. Regardless of what you believe happened in this scene, your idea sequence of events is not only baseless but makes no sense. According to your idea scenario, the Nomu is being hit “point blank range,” according to your idea scenario, he’s being punched directly, pushed down into the ocean, and being lunched above the fist, 8.1km from under the fist.
Regardless of what you believe, or how you think the events played out, regardless if you’re truly convinced you can be propelled downwards and sidewards and then upwards all at once, it’s physically impossible for this to take place. The only direction this Nomu can be sent, is down, because according to you guys, he’s directly under this fist. The shockwave from the explosion expands in an omnidirectional area. The center point being the fist, expand 360 degrees, would expand pushing the Nomu directly into the ground.
It’s simply not possible for your idea events to be true, not only is it baseless but it completely contradicts what’s displayed in the manga.
So yeah no, I’m not agreeing with you on any of your points here.
I didn’t ask for you too? It was towards Mazz, the mere fact that anyone has to go through this much effect to support a baseless accusation should show how outrageous this scaling should be. He isn’t shown to be directly punched, leaps of logic are being made to even make the belief remotely plausible, and even then, it’s all speculation.

I skimmed through the text, don’t quite remember all of it but the idea that the Nomu isn’t blasted far outside of the actual explosion is ridiculous, he’s shown damn near next to Cassie, after the explosion, who is clearly depicted to be several kilometers away from the actual blast, hell you could probably pixel scale and find that she’s several dozens kilometers away. Considering this gap in the ocean is over 16KM in diameter it makes this belief even more ludicrous. You’re somehow convinced that he is hit directly, slammed into the ocean, still on her fist and blown up and shot sideways? Sure.

This is probably the dumbest thing I’ve ever done.
This pretty much sums up your assumptions (baseless)

HE nomu gets punched

According to you he’s on the bottom of her giant fist, being sent into the ocea. While I personally believe he impacts the ocean floor, we’ll assume he doesn’t for whatever reason, doesn’t matter.

Soon after this, the bombs go off, expanding in all directions, including the bottom of the Giants fist. Its dispersing in a 360 direction, surely I don’t have to explain the nature of shockwaves and why this would inherently force him to travel downwards.

Here’s what we are shown in the manga. Cassie’s initial shockwave, then the explosion goes off.

But according to you, this explosion goes off under her hand, expands under her hand, should be forcing the Nomu under her hand yet flings the Nomu several dozen’s kilometers away from the impact point, above the actual explosion (despite being under it). Do I truly have to explain this?
I’m going to bed 👨🏾‍🦼

75tIRjF.jpg

Yeah, that is my only statement because it’s what I’m arguing? … I fail to see the relevancy of pointing out what I clearly made clear.

I could careless where the punched landed, nor is it relevant to what’s being claimed here, the claim in question being how he was punched. Regardless of what you believe happened in this scene, your idea sequence of events is not only baseless but makes no sense. According to your idea scenario, the Nomu is being hit “point blank range,” according to your idea scenario, he’s being punched directly, pushed down into the ocean, and being lunched above the fist, 8.1km from under the fist.
Regardless of what you believe, or how you think the events played out, regardless if you’re truly convinced you can be propelled downwards and sidewards and then upwards all at once, it’s physically impossible for this to take place. The only direction this Nomu can be sent, is down, because according to you guys, he’s directly under this fist. The shockwave from the explosion expands in an omnidirectional area. The center point being the fist, expand 360 degrees, would expand pushing the Nomu directly into the ground.
It’s simply not possible for your idea events to be true, not only is it baseless but it completely contradicts what’s displayed in the manga.

I didn’t ask for you too? It was towards Mazz, the mere fact that anyone has to go through this much effect to support a baseless accusation should show how outrageous this scaling should be. He isn’t shown to be directly punched, leaps of logic are being made to even make the belief remotely plausible, and even then, it’s all speculation.

I skimmed through the text, don’t quite remember all of it but the idea that the Nomu isn’t blasted far outside of the actual explosion is ridiculous, he’s shown damn near next to Cassie, after the explosion, who is clearly depicted to be several kilometers away from the actual blast, hell you could probably pixel scale and find that she’s several dozens kilometers away. Considering this gap in the ocean is over 16KM in diameter it makes this belief even more ludicrous. You’re somehow convinced that he is hit directly, slammed into the ocean, still on her fist and blown up and shot sideways? Sure.
“Baseless assumption”

Allow me to sum up how stupid, idiotic, impossible, ridiculous and stupendously foolish your own interpretation is, ignoring the Nomu’s placement for now. That’s the only thing you’re focusing on, rather than anything surrounding it, so maybe it’s a bit difficult for you to see how asinine you’re sounding when you claim my own assumptions are baseless.

You are claiming that Cassie missed.

You are claiming that Cassie, who punched the Nomu in the exact position it rose out of, missed.

You are claiming that Cassie, who pierced the sea floor with a laser spear, knew the Nomu’s exact location, PUT THE NOMU IN THAT LOCATION, missed

You are claiming that Cassie, who can see the Nomu in the air above the sea, missed.

You are claiming that Cassie, whose entire narrative at the time is hitting this punch, is attacking Shigaraki directly to not waste these missiles, missed. That she punched to the side and hit the sea beneath the Nomu and shot it upwards (which is stupid and wrong but you didn’t read my post so I guess I have to outline that again)

You are claiming that Cassie did not follow the blatantly obvious trail of seven laser beams shot from her jet bros at the Nomu, and instead missed.

You are claiming that the ridiculously, impossibly wide fist of her Air Giant, bigger than the Nomu’s entire body, making missing the Nomu while it is in such an obvious and vulnerable position damn near impossible, missed.

Are you suffering from something to believe this?

**** the fact that she punched the thing directly downwards, how the **** WOULD she have missed?? You haven’t explained that part at all beyond “uh, Nomu up there? Not down there? She miss” with some caveman logicistics and have the audacity to claim my assumptions are baseless? I have provided alternative reasons for why the Nomu isn’t where it logically should be, you’re the one attempting to say Cassie suddenly became an inaccurate dumbass and missed the Nomu while it was lit up, her goal was to hit directly, it could not move and she had its exact placement with an attack tens of times larger than its own body.

“baseless” is saying the Nomu is there because she missed. You have the gall to say we’re “ridiculous” for taking this interpretation, when you’re the one who can’t even prove she missed beyond the Nomu not being down more? Sure man.

Now, as for your drawing, you again didn’t even read my post. The Nomu did not go upwards. Did you read that? Let me say it again.

THE NOMU DID NOT GO UPWARDS

IT STAYED AT SEA LEVEL

IT IS NO WHERE NEAR THE JETS WHEN WE SEE IT AFTER THE EXPLOSION

Please for the love of god look at a panel for once. When Shigaraki is jumping from the crater, THE NOMU IS CLOSER TO HIM THAN THE JETS ARE

The Nomu is falling towards him, the jets are getting closer, the jets pass the Nomu, Nomu explodes. Is that sequence of events registering in your head or should I dumb it down more?

Your interpretation is faulty. It presumes that the Nomu shot up, when it did not.

Prove the Nomu went upwards. Hell, THE SHOT OF THE EXPLOSION DOESN’T EVEN HAVE THE NOMU IN IT.

The jets are clearly visible, but the Nomu that you’re claiming somehow got to the jets height during he explosion is nowhere to be seen, almost like it’s buried under a fist and being exploded on top of.

Time passes between the explosion and Shigaraki hopping out. Enough time for the ocean to crash back into place, but not enough for it to fill the hole left behind before he’s already in the air. The Nomu could not have fallen 8 ******* KILOMETERS IN LESS THAN 1 MINUTE

Explain this to me.

Explain your reasoning.

You wanna talk about baseless? Explain the Nomu’s position here since you’re clearly wrong about where it was. Explain how it’s so close to Shigaraki, yet wasn’t punched by the fist when Shigaraki was the target and he went straight down. Explain how the jets are far away from the Nomu, then are closer to it after time passes. Explain how the Nomu is falling even remotely close to Shigaraki if it was blown 8 kilometers away from him and the jets, which got closer.

Explain how the **** Cassie missed a stationary lit up target with her kilometer wide air giant fist after KNOWING THE EXACT POSITION OF HER ENEMY AND DELIBERATELY TRYING TO PUNCH THEM TO KILL THEM?????????

“Baseless” he says.

You’re right, this is the dumbest thing you’ve done.

How did you come to this position for the Nomu? At all?

It’s near ShigarakI, where he jumped out. You know, like in the panels posted that show its position and not your terrible rendition of it? It’s also lower than the jets are. And the jets are moving. So it’s lower than them even after they move after several seconds and it was falling. And it’s only somewhat above the Shigaraki crater/sea level.

I don’t give a **** how it stayed there or why, what matters is that your interpretation that she missed because it was shot upwards is baseless and wrong.

“It went up” no, it’s lower than the jets

“it went this way” no, it’s right above Shigaraki, where the **** it started

“You guys are ridiculous” says the person claiming the giant fist punching a stationary target missed because he incorrectly guessed where it’s location was because art comprehension is low

What's the argument? I’m lost 😭
“The Nomu should not scale to the missiles because Star didn’t hit it directly”

“How did she not hit it directly? It’s lit up, stationary, she knew it’s position, her fist is bigger than it”

“Because the Nomu is in the air near the jets and not on the sea floor”

“The Nomu isn’t near the jets, it’s at sea level and is still falling, then the jets catch up and pass it”

On top of veiled insults to intelligence

I have stopped giving a **** how or why the Nomu isn’t on the sea floor. What I care about is the claim she missed, which is the dumbest reason you could think up for the Nomu’s position (on top of Timmy not even getting the position right because the Nomu didn’t fly away at an angle, it stayed right above Shigaraki where it flew out as we see when Shigaraki jumps straight up, but I guess reading is low rn)

Im not gonna address all thst but a mod tell this guy to chill out 😂, he’s this pissed off over someone having a differ opinion and throwing insults over nothing. Lack of a social life and social attention does this. Go touch grass mate.

bnha_332_010.png

Cassie is directly shown to blown outside of the impact range,
https://cdn.readheroacademia.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/bnha_332_012.png

The Nomu is shown to be directly relative in position to Cassie, he is not on the sea floor, the ideal interpretation doesn’t work here.

Im not gonna address all thst but a mod tell this guy to chill out 😂, he’s this pissed off over someone having a differ opinion and throwing insults over nothing. Lack of a social life and social attention does this. Go touch grass mate
It's over, don't fuel an argument by throwing out insults

You can both have a warning

Back