• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

42-EA1855-9-D91-474-F-883-A-9-E5-B1689-B072.jpg

momo - so as I pray: Unlimited Creation Works

I am with Timmy on this. He is floating despite the Shockwave logically sending him flying downwards. The assumption that the fist hit him does make sense don't get me wrong he is fixated by the lasers but for all we know the bombs don't have to have impact fuses and could have went off later than the initial hit and for a character who is likely several times soundspeed gaining distance to the explosion shouldn't be much of a problem even if they were impact fuse missiles. Also shigaraki directly states that he would have died had he been hit by the bomb and was injured even after fleeing into the ground. A near high end shouldn't even survive a second in the epicenter considering that he's far inferior. Ignoring all that to scale it to the bomb is senseless anyway when he was completely melted by that shit. Since when would we scale characters to attacks that almost kill them.

Also shigaraki directly states that he would have died had he been hit by the bomb and was injured even after fleeing into the ground.
Do you people know that Shigaraki had no idea how strong her attack was going to be? He can't sense the strength of the missiles and he isn't stupid enough to risk taking that blast head on. Star was putting her fate into that attack, which means he needed to treat it as a threat.

Star did not missed. Why are you people acting like she missed when nothing was stated? The Nomu's position doesn't matter. If the explosion happened behind it the damn thing should've been shot WAY up. The position of the Nomu is pointless and not important in anything. It's way too close to the ground and far below the jets. King already did a good job of explaining its position.

But regardless, the series would've told us that she missed. That detail is way too damn important to skip. Shigaraki was injured by the heat of the explosion, which ignores impact durability. That's what he was worried about, being vaporized. There is nothing to support she missed.

Edit: Let's not also get into the fact the energy of the cloud split would be vastly inferior to the actual explosion that caused it.

Last edited:
Do you people know that Shigaraki had no idea how strong her attack was going to be? He can't sense the strength of the missiles and he isn't stupid enough to risk taking that blast head on. Star was putting her fate into that attack, which means he needed to treat it as a threat.

Star did not missed. Why are you people acting like she missed when nothing was stated? The Nomu's position doesn't matter. If the explosion happened behind it the damn thing should've been shot WAY up. The position of the Nomu is pointless and not important in anything. It's way too close to the ground and far below the jets. King already did a good job of explaining its position.

But regardless, the series would've told us that she missed. That detail is way too damn important to skip. Shigaraki was injured by the heat of the explosion, which ignores impact durability. That's what he was worried about, being vaporized. There is nothing to support she missed.

Edit: Let's not also get into the fact the energy of the cloud split would be vastly inferior to the actual explosion that caused it.
?
What are you talking about bro😂. He said the attack would have killed him after he saw the attack and I never said she missed. Did you even read what I said dude? xD

I agree that the feat doesn't scale to anyone when the strongest character explictely states it would have been fatal. That's all I'm agreeing with. I said I think it makes sense that she actually does hit him but that doesn't mean he scales to the bomb. Please read my message carefully.

You refuse to prove anything? I don't see anything that states it would've killed him or been fatal. He implied that letting himself get hit would be a fatal error, but not that he would die from it.The Nomu was half dead from the explosion, Shiggy would've been in the same state had he let himself get him. Which means Star could easily finish him off.

Once again what threaten Shigaraki was the sheer heat. The Nomu's body being intact means the actual impact isn't what was going to kill him.

Also no one is directly scaling to the missiles, don't jump to your own conclusions. Instead wait until the CRT comes out.

Surface Area, the missiles are much bigger than the Nomu. As such it's physically impossible for it to withstand the full force of the explosion.
Said this earlier. Regardless if she hit the Nomu or not, it cannot scale to the full value.

Dude there is no refusing to prove anything it blatantly stated. You can try to bend the meaning of these words but in the end it won't change the fact that he states the wound would have been fatal. And that's not the only flaw to the calc. The sizes are all extremely high balled using size inconsistencies, it would be a huge outlier to anything we have seen in the verse, nothing suggests the missiles are impact fuses and much more. It just doesn't make sense to me to scale someone who's basically dead to the attack too. And let's not forget the fact that again most of the energy comes from a cloud feat. At this point it's too obvious horikoshi has no idea what it takes to blow away clouds like that. While we at it we might also discuss stars and stripes cloud clapping feat which is also clearly high balled on here.

Explain your issue. Can't be the cloud height, since I already measured it at basically being 1 km using this shot.

Yes it is the size. Stars and stripes giant is less than 2km tall yet the clouds who should he 1km above the sea and 1.3 km tall from the assumptions in the calc barely reach her waist. I will take this direct comparison over any vague pixel calc any day. I don't even possibly see how you got 1km from that tho like how bro there ain't even an object of reference. Also shigaraki being clearly visible in the shot despite it apparently ranging over dozens of km makes even less sense. And it's not just the height of it but the diameter too. From these shots it likely isn't even a few kilometers wide Like did the cloud just accelerate back to its original point at hh+ speed? And the timeframe used should be 5 second too or even more. Shigaraki still falling is no indicator of just happening in a single second.

A single second is fine. The impact of her clap is still on screen and there's no way I'm going to believe she stood still for over 1 second doing nothing.

Star's giant is 1.93 km tall and for some reason you're assuming it's standing on the ocean floor? It's never shown to need to stand on anything. Star's height and elevation is changing constantly as she's on the jets. She's be dragging that thing through the sea floor if it needed contact with the ground.

It's obviously just floating, it's air after all. Assuming it's feet is on the surface of the sea, a 1 km height fits perfectly. Though that's an assumption on my part.

I can measure the size of the laser beam in this shot.

Star Height = 1930 m (1443 px)

Head Height = 213.99 m (160 px)

Head Height = 213.99 m (93 px)

Beam Width = 57.52 m (25 px)

Beam Width = 57.52 m (14 px)

Cloud Height = 920.32 m (224 px)

Considering the 1 km value comes from the average height. There is no reason to assume that the clouds are less than 1 km away from the sea level.

Last edited:
A single second is fine. The impact of her clap is still on screen and there's no way I'm going to believe she stood still for over 1 second doing nothing.

Star's giant is 1.93 km tall and for some reason you're assuming it's standing on the ocean floor? It's never shown to need to stand on anything. Star's height and elevation is changing constantly as she's on the jets. She's be dragging that thing through the sea floor if it needed contact with the ground.

It's obviously just floating, it's air after all. Assuming it's feet is on the surface of the sea, a 1 km height fits perfectly. Though that's an assumption on my part.

I can measure the size of the laser beam in this shot.

Star Height = 1930 m (1443 px)

Head Height = 213.99 m (160 px)

Head Height = 213.99 m (93 px)

Beam Width = 57.52 m (25 px)

Beam Width = 57.52 m (14 px)

Cloud Height = 920.32 m (224 px)

Considering the 1 km value comes from the average height. There is no reason to assume that the clouds are less than 1 km away from the sea level.
Your assumption wouldnt change a damn thing about the calc when we still see direct comparisons with shigaraki in the Fram and we still see a direct comparison with smtgr giant from stars and stripes. The clouds width and diameter is still undoubtedly far off from the scans and you gotta be delusional to say these direct size comparisons are worthless to a single pixel calc you made scaling off several different frames.

The impact is still there? What's that even supposed to mean dude. The only thing that suggest 1km is a Pixel calc chain using I consistent values and the assumption that she is floating on top of blatantly disregarding the two scans that refute all of these size values.

Your head canon is strong. You admit that the art style can be inconsistent, yet say the visuals clearly show I'm wrong? With this logic we can't px scale anything in this series. Everything is wrong and nothing can be right. Heck this shot shows the clouds are multiple km above the sea level.

We don't need px scaling, since Star's Giant is 1.93 km tall. Doesn't matter if isn't standing, because we can still see her head.

Using small panels that lack lots of detail shouldn't be taken over the actual detailed shots. The double page spread is far more accurate and the cloud split is massive. You have no proof that Star's giant stands on the ocean floor, despite being made of air. You have no proof of anything you say.

That is not an assumptions The Burden of Proof falls on you. You're making a claim that her air giant isn't acting like air and stands on ground for some reason. Either that or she was perfectly up in the sky with the right height as not to make her giant go through the ground. She was just perfectly the right height?

The only assumption is the timeframe, which is a reasonable assumption that was agreed by multiple calc goup members.

You're already convinced yourself and I have no reason to convince you. I shall not response to any more comments you make on this matter. Instead I'll wait for the actual CRT and discuss it there. I rather not brew any bad blood between the two of us.

Please forgive me if I upset you with my words. I'm trying my best to not offend, but I speak rather poorly at times.

Last edited:
All might said goodbye all for one, but did he actually mean to kill him but failed to or just goodbye in the sense he won’t harm anyone again and just be locked in a high security prison aka tartarus

All might said goodbye all for one, but did he actually mean to kill him but failed to or just goodbye in the sense he won’t harm anyone again and just be locked in a high security prison aka tartarus
He said he was going to send AFO to prison. I doubt he was planning on killing AFO there. He just assumed once he was in prison he'd never escape.

Which would've been correct had it not been for Shigaraki and AFO's mental connection.

He said he was going to send AFO to prison. I doubt he was planning on killing AFO there. He just assumed once he was in prison he'd never escape.

Which would've been correct had it not been for Shigaraki and AFO's mental connection.
Why couldn’t they kill him though, i know heroes aren’t supposed to kill but AFO has already committed dozens of war crimes and there’s no hope in redeeming him plus he’s a danger to all. It’s just too dangerous to keep him alive.

Why couldn’t they kill him though, i know heroes aren’t supposed to kill but AFO has already committed dozens of war crimes and there’s no hope in redeeming him plus he’s a danger to all. It’s just too dangerous to keep him alive.
People would rally behind AFO and call All Might a murder.

They'll say AFO is still a human and deserves the same rights as everyone else. Why does All Might get to decided who lives and who dies. If All Might can kill someone like that, who's to say other heroes won't kill other villains as well. People are really like this. AFO is pure evil, but this is still how people would actual react.

I say AFO is better off dead, but that isn't how the world works. People would go hard on All Might and the heroes for killing. All Might is a symbol of peace, he cannot murder someone on live TV. That'd destroy his image and make the public's fate in heroes drop to nothing.

Look at real life, whenever a government official kills someone everyone loses their mind. Doesn't matter if it was justified or not.

Your head canon is strong. You admit that the art style can be inconsistent, yet say the visuals clearly show I'm wrong? With this logic we can't px scale anything in this series. Everything is wrong and nothing can be right. Heck this shot shows the clouds are multiple km above the sea level.

We don't need px scaling, since Star's Giant is 1.93 km tall.

Using small panels that lack lots of detail shouldn't be taken over the actual detailed shots. The double page spread is far more accurate and the cloud split is massive. You have no proof that Star's giant stands on the ocean floor, despite being made of air. You have no proof of anything you say.

That is not an assumptions The Burden of Proof falls on you. You're making a claim that her air giant isn't acting like air and stands on ground for some reason. Either that or she was perfectly up in the sky with the right height as not to make her giant go through the ground. She was just perfectly the right height?

The only assumption is the timeframe, which is a reasonable assumption that was agreed by multiple calc goup members.

You're already convinced yourself and I have no reason to convince you. I shall not response to any more comments you make on this matter. Instead I'll wait for the actual CRT and discuss it there. I rather not brew any bad blood between the two of us.

Please forgive me if I upset you with my words. I'm trying my best to not offend, but I speak rather poorly at times.
Size inconsistencies in a comparison ranging over several frames is something that actually happens a lot however the two comparisons I pointed out where comparisons within the same panel. But apparently you pixel calc which takes size figures if the laser width from another panel is much more consistent🗿🗿🗿.

And what is thr point of pointing out she is made out of air. That means she is less dense than water therefore floating above the water. Nothing to suggest she is less dense than air which she would need to be to float on it. And yet again it barely even changes my point that we clearly see the width and diameter being competely off. And again there is nothing suggesting 1 second. I'm pretty sure you gotta realise yourself the logic doesn't add up in the slightest.

People would rally behind AFO and call All Might a murder.

They'll say AFO is still a human and deserves the same rights as everyone else. Why does All Might get to decided who lives and who dies. If All Might can kill someone like that, who's to say other heroes won't kill other villains as well. People are really like this. AFO is pure evil, but this is still how people would actual react.

I say AFO is better off dead, but that isn't how the world works. People would go hard on All Might and the heroes for killing. All Might is a symbol of peace, he cannot murder someone on live TV. That'd destroy his image and make the public's fate in heroes drop to nothing.

Look at real life, whenever a government official kills someone everyone loses their mind. Doesn't matter if it was justified or not.
Kinda reminds me when murderers get executed/get death penalty and people are mad about it and no one seems to care that they murdered someone/the victims died a horrible death. (Maybe cause the person/victim is already dead)

I hate how the world works sometimes

Welp, time for another BGM also better prays that King doesn't see this or he'll gladly jump into the saddle again

🏇🏇🏇

Size inconsistencies in a comparison ranging over several frames is something that actually happens a lot however the two comparisons I pointed out where comparisons within the same panel. But apparently you pixel calc which takes size figures if the laser width from another panel is much more consistent🗿🗿🗿.

And what is thr point of pointing out she is made out of air. That means she is less dense than water therefore floating above the water. Nothing to suggest she is less dense than air which she would need to be to float on it. And yet again it barely even changes my point that we clearly see the width and diameter being competely off. And again there is nothing suggesting 1 second. I'm pretty sure you gotta realise yourself the logic doesn't add up in the slightest.
Her giant is made of air and therefore can be in the air, above clouds, without needing ground. Because she’s forming air around her into the shape of herself, not turning the air into a material that is in the shape of herself. It follows her movements and does not need to abide by the physics of a solid object. It’s height is whatever her height is x1000, that will never change, and therefore Rusty’s calculations are correct.

The rest of your arguments just seem to be a misunderstanding on pixel scaling and art in general, so I don’t have much say on that since I don’t calc, but the logic of her air giant I disagree with

Realistically all of the Star and Stripe feats will be upgraded for timeframe stuff when the anime comes out. I sincerely doubt that the Tiamat missile explosion lasted 5 seconds, and I’d even say a 1 sec timeframe for a clap is a bit of a lowball compared to what we would likely see in the anime

🏇🏇🏇

Her giant is made of air and therefore can be in the air, above clouds, without needing ground. Because she’s forming air around her into the shape of herself, not turning the air into a material that is in the shape of herself. It follows her movements and does not need to abide by the physics of a solid object. It’s height is whatever her height is x1000, that will never change, and therefore Rusty’s calculations are correct.

The rest of your arguments just seem to be a misunderstanding on pixel scaling and art in general, so I don’t have much say on that since I don’t calc, but the logic of her air giant I disagree with
Another king L

Again air factually floats on denser material, yes. That doesn't necessarily mean she floats in the air. Just means she definitely floats above the water. It's not an assumption that she doesn't float in the air it's an assumption that she does which means the burden of proof is on you as we have no indication of it. Also yet again it doesn't even matter when the width of the clouds and the diameter are blatantly contradicted in both scans. And even the scan that rusty uses for his calc blatantly contradict the values used in the calc. None of what you said actually refutes any of what I said. It's just like randomly throwing out some thoughts.

Realistically all of the Star and Stripe feats will be upgraded for timeframe stuff when the anime comes out. I sincerely doubt that the Tiamat missile explosion lasted 5 seconds, and I’d even say a 1 sec timeframe for a clap is a bit of a lowball compared to what we would likely see in the anime
Little misunderstanding. The assumption isn't that her clap lasted more than a second but that that's the time for the clouds to fully part which is rather unlikely just a second.

Little misunderstanding. The assumption isn't that her clap lasted more than a second but that that's the time for the clouds to fully part which is rather unlikely just a second.
The sequence of the fight implied that the events happened extremely quickly, so a second makes sense to me

Back