• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Endeavor does imply Shiggy could have heat protection.

Actual feats clearly show he's resistant as well. Shigaraki was hit in the chest by Vanishing Fist and Hood was hit in the chest with Jet Burn.

Hood was shown to have the skin on his chest burnt off from the heat. You can see Hood's muscle underneath his skin as the wound heals.

While Shigaraki just had some burn marks on his skin, you cannot see his muscles or anything. (Note: The cracks are because his body is incomplete)

Hood's body was vaporized with Endeavor's Prominence Burn.

While Shigaraki survived it and wasn't reduce to vapor. Endeavor even states that Shigaraki's body plus regen is enough to survive his Prominence Burn.

Unlike like say AFO who doesn't have the same resistance, or Hood who lacks resistance as well. The regen isn't enough, you need resistance as well to survive.

He could tank every single one of Endeavor's flashfire fist attacks with minor burns while even one of those could decapitate or blow limbs off of High-ends. He also tank pretty much every one of Bakugou's explosion both in the PLW and later on, with the only even able to burn him is the HI: Cluster which is Bakugou's biggest, strongest and possibly longest-lasting explosion to date

I agree with Shiggy getting the Heat Resistance but the effects of Endeavor's heat has been pretty inconsistent here, and with Hood.

When Shigaraki had regeneration, he was obviously getting burned, I recall the impression that Shigaraki was surviving off regeneration during his first scuffule with Endeavor.
When Shigaraki had his Quirks deactivated, he became tankier, though that was just with Vanishing Fist.

Hood's body was vaporized with the first Prominence Burn, but with Plus Ultra Prominence Burn, his body was still intact but carbonized, similar to Shigaraki when he got hit.

If you collect all instance, I suppose it would still point to Shigaraki having better resistance than Hood and perhaps better regeneration. Just pointing out my observations.

Hood's body was vaporized with the first Prominence Burn, but with Plus Ultra Prominence Burn, his body was still intact but carbonized, similar to Shigaraki when he got hit.
Endeavor's PB was weaker, despite being Plus Ultra. And it killed Hood, while he stated Shigaraki's body could survive his PB.

Endeavor was overheating and we know this makes his fire power weaker. Shoto cooled Endeavor off as much as he could before he use PB against Shiggy. But against Hood, Endeavor had no way of cooling himself down. I imagine his PB wasn't as powerful as it should've been.

Shiggy also jumped through his fire here. He didn't seem to suffer any noticeable burns. Endeavor's fire is weaker here, but it's still fire and should burn.

Though I don't deny that people with regeneration seem to get brutalized more than those who don't. If you have regen in MHA, expect to get your body destroyed.

Weaker compared to which PB? I don't think it was that much weaker than his first PB, and it was point blank, assuming it was indeed weaker although Plus Ultra is often associated with going past one's limits.
It's probably be weaker than the one Shigaraki took though, yes.

I have to also mentioned that by the time Shigaraki took Endeavor's 2nd PB, his regeneration was slowed and his body was falling apart compared to Hood whose body and regen was completely stable

Figured, it resembles his style.

I ask this because I don’t think it’s pretty accurate to use this scene
to measure the wall behind him, it’s his style to animate fast paste objects very small in comparison to big impacts surrounding them. Like, he does this zoom off into a spec thing so much it’s not even funny. Can’t this be just be an artistic expression? For the same reason we don’t scale 5% deku to Hypersonic+ bc of this scene, it’s simply his way of animating.
And those are only a few scenes I could think of at the moment, he does this a lot.

Figured, it resembles his style.

I ask this because I don’t think it’s pretty accurate to use this scene
to measure the wall behind him, it’s his style to animate fast paste objects very small in comparison to big impacts surrounding them. Like, he does this zoom off into a spec thing so much it’s not even funny. Can’t this be just be an artistic expression? For the same reason we don’t scale 5% deku to Hypersonic+ bc of this scene, it’s simply his way of animating.
And those are only a few scenes I could think of at the moment, he does this a lot.

The wall is measured at 82m, which is only 10m smaller than the Statue of Liberty, which a view to the ground looks like this. But the wall, which is measured at 82m only looks like this when viewing the ground.

The walls are clearly comparable to this bridge which is barely wider than Nine is tall.
Shoji is shown comparable to these walls.
And this is clearly not 82m.

82m just doesn’t sit right with me.

Nvm, just checked Therefir's calc on the feat and turn out we treat the crater as being pulverized not vaporized so the only thing that got vaporized is the water. Sadge. On a side note, i heard somewhere Dabi could vaporized/melt carbon fiber, how hot is that? If it's hotter than the stated 2000°C, can we use it to upgrade Todo and Endy's fire resistance?

Nvm, just checked Therefir's calc on the feat and turn out we treat the crater as being pulverized not vaporized so the only thing that got vaporized is the water. Sadge. On a side note, i heard somewhere Dabi could vaporized/melt carbon fiber, how hot is that? If it's hotter than the stated 2000°C, can we use it to upgrade Todo and Endy's fire resistance?
Carbon fibre can endure heat above 2000 degrees but iirc it depends on the type.

We have no idea how fast that kid's Quirk can fire his projectile. The Quirk's name doesn't mean it has the same firing power as a tank or something. Endeavor's Hellflame isn't actually hell fire. Bakugo's Quirk may be called Explosion, but the name doesn't really convey the fact the sweat from his palms is like Nitroglycerin.

Considering that in the manga it seems to be equal in speed to this girl's Quirk, I doubt it's moving at any noticeable speed.

We have no idea how fast that kid's Quirk can fire his projectile. The Quirk's name doesn't mean it has the same firing power as a tank or something. Endeavor's Hellflame isn't actually hell fire. Bakugo's Quirk may be called Explosion, but the name doesn't really convey the fact the sweat from his palms is like Nitroglycerin.

Considering that in the manga it seems to be equal in speed to this girl's Quirk, I doubt it's moving at any noticeable speed.
I’m not necessarily calculating using the speed of the projectile, but the speed of the explosion. In the clip, the students did not move until the tank shell ignited. Even though we can’t tell exactly how fast the detonation is, as a solid explosive it should still be at high speeds

I’m not necessarily calculating using the speed of the projectile, but the speed of the explosion. In the clip, the students did not move until the tank shell ignited. Even though we can’t tell exactly how fast the detonation is, as a solid explosive it should still be at high speeds
The "explosion" has no set speed either. And the "shells" the kid fires look like rocks, it isn't actual tank ammunition or an explosive shell. Even going by the anime, there's no reason to assume anything from this feat. I'm positive in saying this isn't a feat whatsoever in any possible way.

Though the anime's way of showing this scene is irrelevant to the manga.

Last edited:
The wall is measured at 82m, which is only 10m smaller than the Statue of Liberty, which a view to the ground looks like this. But the wall, which is measured at 82m only looks like this when viewing the ground.

The walls are clearly comparable to this bridge which is barely wider than Nine is tall.
Shoji is shown comparable to these walls.
And this is clearly not 82m.

82m just doesn’t sit right with me.
Rusty what do you think about this?

Rusty what do you think about this?
I have a bias since I'm the one who measured the wall like that originally. I completely stand by it. Best to ask someone like Therefir if you want a second opinion.

Did another calc using these two scans (Izuku is 17 px). Still got 3+ km results for the island size, more accurately 3.5 km. Considering that animation will make anything inconsistent in size. And these two results are still so close to each other. The current way of finding the island size is fine. Also just in case, here's a scene of Shoji running. The platform I'm measuring is shown to be very big in comparison. It's clearly meant to be huge.

You didn't prove that the wall is meant to be a different size either. You don't actually have a reason, you just bring up the possibility of the scene being wrong.

Also Izuku's body catching "fire" is wrong, so the size of a character compared to a wall is also wrong? Those are two very different things that don't connect.

The size of the island is inconsistent, likely literally everything in anime or manga. We don't just stop using it though. In that case I can invalidate every single feat in MHA or a lot of series by measuring a bunch of things with inconsistent sizes and say we shouldn't use it.

I can show you a bunch more scans of the walls or other parts of the island being a lot bigger than what you showed as well.

Anyways I was wondering if we could calc the energy of Nine’s storm formation? Like how much energy it would take to form the cloud

The Todorokis’ storm was stated to be “far beyond anything the world had ever seen”, meaning that it would scale way above Nine’s storm

Anyways I was wondering if we could calc the energy of Nine’s storm formation? Like how much energy it would take to form the cloud

The Todorokis’ storm was stated to be “far beyond anything the world had ever seen”, meaning that it would scale way above Nine’s storm
I’m curious because Nine’s storm is way bigger than the island, it spans all the way to the horizon from our perspective

I have a bias since I'm the one who measured the wall like that originally. I completely stand by it. Best to ask someone like Therefir if you want a second opinion.
I’ll probably do this instead.
Did another calc using these two scans (Izuku is 17 px). Still got 3+ km results for the island size, more accurately 3.5 km. Considering that animation will make anything inconsistent in size. And these two results are still so close to each other. The current way of finding the island size is fine. Also just in case, here's a scene of Shoji running. The platform I'm measuring is shown to be very big in comparison. It's clearly meant to be huge.
Using that same panel would the bride width almost 80m in size, or make the wall you measured like 300m (Eyeballing this), which in return directly conflicts with the scan presented in the blog. The island would be over 10km long based off of this, the scan clearly conflicts with various showings and just doesn’t make sense, the two scans are obviously exaggerated given the clear inconsistencies and the current scan being used just doesn’t work due to Yutaka’s artistic style and direct conflict with various other scans. I think a recalc is in place here…
You didn't prove that the wall is meant to be a different size either. You don't actually have a reason, you just bring up the possibility of the scene being wrong.
I did though? I showed several different scans contradicting the measured height, is this not evidence?
Also Izuku's body catching "fire" is wrong, so the size of a character compared to a wall is also wrong? Those are two very different things that don't connect.
I didn’t claim this? What? I’m pointing out that Nine and Deku being minuscule compared to the surrounding is simply an artistic expression Yutaka does in almost everything he animates, using it for scaling purposes can lead to exaggerated results, and given that it’s never represented by to be so vast in size later on and there’s several scenes that goes against it we should take it as such. I compared Deku catching on fire to this moment as it’s an animation style vs something used to show scaling in size.
The size of the island is inconsistent, likely literally everything in anime or manga. We don't just stop using it though. In that case I can invalidate every single feat in MHA or a lot of series by measuring a bunch of things with inconsistent sizes and say we shouldn't use it.
Difference here is the scene used is one of many scenes animated by a specific individual which is proven many times to have been exaggerated. Given that it’s the only scene if it’s kind and just makes everything based off it’s scaling just wrong, it makes complete sense to base the scaling off of something else.
I can show you a bunch more scans of the walls or other parts of the island being a lot bigger than what you showed as well.
That could help here.

Doesn't scale to anyone. Nine's storm and the Todoroki thing are 100% unusable. The Todoroki storm wasn't even made by them, their heat spikes ended up meeting with an already existing tropical system. This is mostly a large chain reaction from their heat.

Nine's ability to create clouds doesn't scale to anyone, the same is true for the current storm over Japan. Also Nine's storm is tiny compared to actual cyclones/hurricanes. Nine's storm's diameter was at most 100 km. While the diameter for the average hurricane/cyclone is 480+ km.

So yeah, the Todoroki storm being bigger isn't a surprise. Their heat created convection currents that combined with an actual tropical system that already existed.

@TimmyTurnero

The island is over 5 km if I use these scans (5.5 km). It comes from this scene. Assuming the people there have an average height of 1.7 m. Why does this feel more accurate?

Also yes the cave entrance is meant to be massive as well. Measuring it here gives me a width that is similar to the width of the cave here.

Sato = 1.85 m (223 px)

Cave Width = 12.77 m (1540 px)

Civilian Height = 1.7 m (7 px)

Cave Width = 12.87 m (53 px) (Strangely consistent for some reason)

Maybe we should update the island size with this. Not really serious on that, since I know everyone is tired with dealing with this damn storm feat.

Last edited:
Doesn't scale to anyone. Nine's storm and the Todoroki thing are 100% unusable. The Todoroki storm wasn't even made by them, their heat spikes ended up meeting with an already existing tropical system. This is mostly a large chain reaction from their heat.

Nine's ability to create clouds doesn't scale to anyone, the same is true for the current storm over Japan. Also Nine's storm is tiny compared to actual cyclones/hurricanes. Nine's storm's diameter was at most 100 km. While the diameter for the average hurricane/cyclone is 480+ km.

So yeah, the Todoroki storm being bigger isn't a surprise. Their heat created convection currents that combined with an actual tropical system that already existed.

@TimmyTurnero

The island is over 5 km if I use these scans (5.5 km). It comes from this scene. Assuming the people there have an average height of 1.7 m. Why does this feel more accurate?

Also yes the cave entrance is meant to be massive as well. Measuring it here gives me a width that is similar to the width of the cave here.

Sato = 1.85 m (223 px)

Cave Width = 12.77 m (1540 px)

Civilian Height = 1.7 m (7 px)

Cave Width = 12.87 m (53 px) (Strangely consistent for some reason)

Maybe we should update the island size with this. Not really serious on that, since I know everyone is tired with dealing with this damn storm feat.
I’M NOT, HAND ME THE SCANS AND I’LL DO IT MYSELF

Back