• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Why don't we measure the actual thickness of the clouds we see on the scan? Why use the 1.3 km thickness, they're clearly thicker than 1.3 km.
Do you think this is the thickness of the cloud? We are most likely looking at the top of the cloud even at that point of the image and not just the thickness, because the POV was taken at an upwards angle.

The angle is not good enough to measure the true width of the cloud.

Last edited:
A little permission is required as this calculation has been accepted. But there's a slight problem with Shigaraki's base speed. What's your opinion?
I think he should be at least faster than the speed of sound since he should be faster than Mineta dodging the whip.

He should be faster than sound from being faster than 20% Deku who can create shockwaves which travel at the speed of sound.

Slight Problem that Shigiraki is not Prime, AM level yet.

Therefir and Rusty will most likely have something to say about the calc.

And Damage who will most likely reject it.

A little permission is required as this calculation has been accepted. But there's a slight problem with Shigaraki's base speed. What's your opinion?
I think he should be at least faster than the speed of sound since he should be faster than Mineta dodging the whip.
Incomplete Shigaraki's speed doesn't scale to Lady Nagant's bullets, as such you can only make him 343 m/s in that calculation.

Only Complete Shigaraki would scale above the 1422 m/s value, since he scales to Prime All Might. Who's speed is equal to 45% Izuku's Faux 100%.

I have issues with your calculation.

The distance being used here is incorrect. There's no reason to believe Izuku jumped up that high before he grabbed and lifted Shigaraki. It's equally possible that he reached out and grabbed Shigaraki before jumping. Which means the distance used in the calc should be the distance between Izuku and Shigaraki.

Since Izuku's Blackwhip was able to reach him before his hand touched the ground. However the distance from Shigaraki's hand to the ground should not be this panel like you're currently using. But you should be using this panel. As we see Izuku using Blackwhip in that panel, and is likely already reaching out towards Shigaraki.

You also have no scan for showing the distance Izuku moves on the blog.

I can’t see the calculation since vs wiki is blocked on my school device, can someone tell me what feat the calc is using and what the result is

I can’t see the calculation since vs wiki is blocked on my school device, can someone tell me what feat the calc is using and what the result is
Chapter 283, when Shigaraki was about to touch the ground and Deku picks him up into the air with Blackwhip.

The result was 0.01c.

Issue: The calc assumes that Deku jumped dozens of meters before Shigaraki's hand touched the ground, ignoring the fact that Deku might have already pulled him off the ground with Blackwhip before completing the jump.

From what I tried reading the comments, I agree with this.
Since Izuku's Blackwhip was able to reach him before his hand touched the ground. However the distance from Shigaraki's hand to the ground should not be this panel like you're currently using. But you should be using this panel. As we see Izuku using Blackwhip in that panel, and is likely already reaching out towards Shigaraki.
Because it seems from what I can actually find it should be Blackwhip's speed moving toward Shigaraki rather than Deku's own speed.
In this case I had to calculate to get the new Blackwhip's speed.

Also Muscular wasn't at full power when attacking Shindo, we know he holds back to "play" with people. He's using more than he did against 5% Izuku, but he was still not going all out, as shown when he bulked up. It's an assumption to say the power he was using was still comparable to his full power.
He wasn’t at full power when he no sold a 100% punch either. You could argue that he’s using more muscle against Shindo.

Man, I feel like Horikoshi should bring back Muscular for one last run. Same for USJ Nomu.

In fights, I kinda prefer the characters with raw physical stats rather than all the other flashy powers.

He did go at full power against 100% or at least he raised it to as high as he could before the punched hit him.
I don’t recall it being confirmed that he jumped too full power once he see the punch, all we know is that he bulked himself enough to withstand a blow of unknown power. Only then does he actually realize how strong Deku can be and decides to use more power.
Muscular buffed up before the punch hit him. When he comes out of the rock his top half is a giant ball of muscle fibers.

Looking like how he did when he powered up to withstand Shindo's Tremoring Earth.
Muscular is far larger than when he used his muscles to tank the 100% attack in the scans you provided.
Muscular when fighting Deku is clearly smaller than when he’s fighting Shindo.
13.jpg

bnha_307_8.jpg

My memory is failing me right now.

But I think there is a reason on why Muscular doesn't scale to 100% speed. Obviously he doesn't scale to his combat speed, since he's slow enough that 5% Izuku can still dodge his attack when going all out. So we know he can't move at 100% speed. I think maybe it had something to do with 100% single limb smashes?

@Everyone

Should Muscular have HHS+ reactions reactions via being able to react to Izuku's 100% punch. This would only be his ability to react/see something.

He can't fight people who are HHS+, since he'd still be a statue in comparison to them. The most he could do is buff himself up.

Last edited:
Should Muscular have HHS+ reactions reactions via being able to react to Izuku's 100% punch. This would only be his ability to react/see something.
Muscular said Deku's punch was very telegraphed, implying he saw the attack coming and had plenty of time to embrace himself.

If Deku is using his shoulders and back to deliver the punch, I don't think it's faster than a 5% punch, since he's not using those muscles at 100%.

He also considers 5% Deku to be "pretty quick", and 45% was able to blitz him.

I don't think he should scale from 100%.

Why does Bakugo have resistance to Fear Inducement?
When he got feared by Shigaraki, his stance was trying to fight him not running, despite his expression. This is consistent with how Deku was feared by All Might but Bakugo just tried to fight him despite holding him to the same standard as Deku. He just doesn’t give a **** about fear inducement in the two cases he’s been exposed to it, so he has a resistance.

…? When? He didn’t resist the ability, he was attacked by the hallucinations which is caused by sheer fear.
Resistance just means less effective, not that something doesn't work.

You can have fire resistance despite being burned by fire, if you took less damage than what normal people would.

Back