• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Like, any gear you can think of to be useful for a Quirkless person?

Give it to Mirko or Bakugo or Iida and see how much more it’s usefulness skyrockets.
The Hydraulic Bracers

If Mei perfected it, it could be beneficial for so many heroes without high reaction time.

The Hydraulic Bracers is some sort of mechanical backpack that contains a device that detects when an enemy approaches its user to attack them. When the sensors detects the foe approaching, the backpack automatically activates its hydraulic attachments that makes the user dodge the attack. Since the Hydraulic Bracers has got sensors in every direction, the user can even deal with surprise attacks from behind.

L5FOs9M.jpg

Deku, after reading Popeyes's VS Battle Wiki profile

The Hydraulic Bracers is some sort of mechanical backpack that contains a device that detects when an enemy approaches its user to attack them. When the sensors detects the foe approaching, the backpack automatically activates its hydraulic attachments that makes the user dodge the attack. Since the Hydraulic Bracers has got sensors in every direction, the user can even deal with surprise attacks from behind.
Problem is with technology like that, there has to be a specific timeframe the bracers are calibrated to in order to intercept the attacks. If someone using the bracers is fighting a speedster or someone much faster, it won’t register the attacks in time

Re-read everything from 306 to 318 and honestly I truly hope there is far more Dark Deku than what we got. Like I would not be upset in anyway if they made a filler episode and ended everything before 1-A got to him. Not gonna happen, but good lord does that entire arc just need more content in general, it’s so good.

Between Deku defeating Muscular to using all his new quirks to Fa Jin reveal vs Nagant, it was 10/10 the whole way on top of a great ending with him returning. But I just need more of that month where he was going apeshit.

Like that’s a game, movie, filler arc and novel waiting to be explored.

Just realized we may actually see Star dodge Shiggy's radio waves after they're fired off
She doesn't dodge radio waves, at best she dodged the air cannon.

Combining Air Cannon + Radio Waves doesn't make the Air Cannon lightspeed or the Radio Waves slower. He just fires both off together, the radio waves move at the speed radio waves do. Also it wouldn't matter if it hits her either since she isn't a machine that'd be effected by them.

The jets needed shields because that radio wave blast would've shut them down. That's why she jumped off, since the shield didn't turn on while she was on the jet.

AFO needs analytical prediction btw. Cause now we’ve confirmed that basically everything that happened while fighting Deku was AFO in control with little Shiggy input. So that whole “I can’t perceive him but I can read his moves” thing should be given to him.
He already made a good prediction when he knew without a doubt that Izuku was going to leave U.A. and go "solo" with the Top Heroes observing him from a distance. But yes that prediction feat should belong to AFO as well, without a doubt it comes from AFO.

Cause some guy spammed them and it’s not against the rules to spam matches for a single character over and over and over and over and he just wanted her to have more matches than Deku because he’s ******* weird
I think you're talking about @Peppersalt43.

I think it'll be funny seeing a mostly irrelevant character in the MHA verse have more matchups than the protagonist himself.

But do you see any of them running around with the equipment though?

No, and that's exactly my point.

Everyone in MHA relies on using their quirk too much. It wouldn't be hard to pack a few canisters of knock-out gas in preparation for fighting villains and yet almost NO ONE ever takes advantage of the benefits that could with support gear unrelated to their powerset. You're right, a Quirkless person would be at a disadvantage. But in general, the fact that it's possible for someone like Mirio, or even Stain to contend with Quirk users, with little to no equipment and just raw training, is just reinforcing my point.

Mirio received training from Sir Night Eye for around three years if I recall. Horikoshi considers him to be at the physical peak when it comes to hero students, excluding quirks. His physical strength isn't the reason he's so strong either, it's how he's able to predict people's movements. Anyone could do what Mirio could do. Deku could as well if he pushed himself hard enough. Would it take time? Perhaps, but Deku's been analyzing quirks for all of his life and he can predict people's movements just fine.

Factor in that no one in U.A really specializes in any martial arts, or even something basic like boxing, and you quickly realize that it'd be simple for a Quirkless hero to exist.

There are heroes out there which have Quirks centered around making people laugh as a weapon against villains.

If they can become heroes, a Quirkless person, with a little bit of preparation, training, and some luck, could do it as well.

Snipe's literal Quirk is just him being really good at hitting his targets with firearms. Take the firearms away, and what is he exactly?

...Yeah, that's what I thought. He's essentially a one-trick pony. I'm not saying a Quirkless person could become as good of a marksman as he is, but at the same time, the fact that he relies on guns of all things to take down villains is just proof enough that a Quirkless hero is extremely doable if they rely on something as basic as firearms.

Sero's Quirk literally just allows him to swing around like Spider-Man. Give someone something similar to Spider-Man's web shooters, or give them a grappling gun, and they can achieve the same effect. Maybe get some carbon fiber and use it to entangle villains with it too, like Best Jeanist. Bakugo's quirk just allows him to generate explosions. All you need to have is a grenade and you can pretty much mimic some of his smaller scales explosions. Better? Add shrapnel into the mix, and they become incredibly lethal.

There's already technology that enables people to fly around in jetpacks at nearly a hundred miles an hour. Give a Quirkless person something similar to that, and maybe scale down the size and incorporate the technology into a boot or a glove, and you got yourself someone who can toss grenades, move super fast, someone who has firearms, and is generally incredibly good at reading people's moves.

Yes, all of this equipment is stuff that's available to Quirk users as well, but for the most part, they either don't bother using them or just rely on their Quirk to get the job done. As I've said before, they almost never, and I mean never, rely on anything other than their support gear, Quirk, combat experience, or combination of both.

It's why Stain is so damn good at fighting people like Deku and Iida and Todoroki. Despite how powerful they are, their attacks are extremely predictable. Arguably, it's not even about predictability, Iida without Recipro Burst is just too slow to really do anything to Stain, despite having a Quirk centered around speed.

Let's get something straight here; the only reason Deku couldn't have become a hero without a Quirk is that he never opted to put in any effort to achieve his goal beyond studying or taking notes. Bakugo and his classmates even say that getting good grades isn't enough to get into U.A. For what it's worth, his dedication to his dream was extremely weak outside of his hero notes.

If I were in his position and didn't have any of the trauma which came with being Quirkless, I'd devise some sort of training plan, take my ass to the gym, maybe learn a bit about engineering and chemistry to build support gear, and just grind.

Deku's body could walk a few meters despite having All Might piggyback riding off of him.

Do you have any idea how hard that would be? Even for strong men, it's not exactly easy.

For someone like Deku to achieve that with only ten months of training just proves my point.

If someone were truly dedicated and wanted to become a hero despite not having a Quirk, getting into U.A. would be simple. It wouldn't even have to be the hero course, just General Education or Support. Anything which allows them to prove themselves in the Sports Festival and give themselves an opportunity to stand out, in order to transfer into the hero course.

If someone like Toru can get into U.A. and pass the Entrance Exam, with her Quirk only making her invisible, do you understand how easy it'd be for Deku to do the same with a little bit of training? For ***** sake, Sports Festival Deku actually took out a One-Pointer with little effort. No Quirk, just pure physical strength and brains alone.

Horikoshi even said that the Entrance Exam bots are built with a button somewhere on their body so that even people without Quirks centered around power or offensive capabilities could pass.

U.A. even allowed Quirkless people to take the exam. As Deku said, that was never the case until recently.

Becoming a Quirkless hero is just like becoming a regular one, only you need a lot more gear, physical strength than the average person, smarts, and in general, discipline. And I guess luck as well, but in general, luck is just when preparation meets opportunity.
And I don't just mean terrifying in the sense that he'd be hard to go up against...

I mean LITERALLY terrifying because he would hard counter half of Class 1-A.

Smoke bombs? Would confuse their general sense of direction, excluding Maybe Shoji or Jirou.

Paralyzing and sleeping gas? Takes out most of the class if they can't disperse the gas fast enough.

Military-grade sci-fi type super-armor? Allows him to walk away and no sell hits from people like Saito, Shoji, or Bakuogo with little more than a bruise...

The only people who'd stomp him would be Todoroki or Bakugo, and simply because they have more range, maneuverability, and well...

Ice-glaciers and missile-level explosions go brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

And in general, the Power Gauntlets that he's wearing would allow him to hit as hard as someone like Mirio, Knuckle Duster combined with his martial arts training and peak-human physiology (don't tell me the technology doesn't exist for that. It's literally just the Full/Mid Gauntlet but even better).

Again, terrifying combination.

What the **** is someone like Aizawa gonna do to him? Punch, kick? Use his binding cloth? Dumb move when he is practically a bastardized version of Batman on steroids. We know that he isn't bulletproof, the dude could just walk up to him, and bust a cap in his ass or something.

Aizawa could dodge bullets but at point-blank range? He'd be screwed.

Oh, and speaking of Aizawa, maybe Deku a capturing net binds his opponents in the same material as Aizawa's binding cloth. Given how Aizawa's binding cloth is damn near unbreakable, even for someone as strong as Bakugo, it'd be a pretty good fit for his arsenal.

I'm not saying he could contend with someone like All Might, or even Mirko, but at the same time, he has the potential to make it to the Top 10 if he gets even better gear.

If you REALLY want him to be broken, give him access to Quirk canceling hand-cuffs or something. The police force has access to those I believe, it wouldn't be hard to get, given U.A.'s influence/budget.
But wouldn't a quirkless hero just be blitzed by most characters?

All this "a hero without a quirk can solo" logic isn't really based on looking at the feats of durability, strength, and speed of people who never had access to a quirk, but on looking at the feats of people with quirks and assuming they're physically normal just because their quirk doesn't specialize in a physical stat.

The problem is... Hasn't this already been practically denied by the series? We are told in the first chapter that people with quirks have a more evolved body (not counting the quirk), thanks to that it can be detected that deku does not have one without complex tests, then that having a quirk requires being physically strong, later with shigaraki that the body of someone with a quirk adapts, and more like that.

The only "quirkless" characters that can get significant feats out of them are characters who had a quirk and lost it or characters who got a quirk and trained with it, which isn't much better.

If in any other verse they say "X group besides their superpower is more evolved than X group" I'm sure that would be enough proof to doubt that they are the same physically

Last edited:
But wouldn't a quirkless hero just be blitzed by most characters?
by that same logic Deku should never have reached the physical level he has. His body didn’t suddenly get evolved several centuries into the future when he got OFA, his quirkless bodies durability was what was taking in OFA and he didn’t explode when Monama (Someone with a quirk) was so far less durable that if he did Use 100% wherever on his body he activated it would entirely explode to bloody chunks. And don’t give me that he “adapted to it” I’m using his first use of OFA the day he got it (aka no time for adaption) vs Monama who had several months of training by this point.

Alongside that, the body does evolve along the ages, it’s why even though some people don’t get more common traits, they still get taller and stronger as the generations go by. a Quirkless body would be behind but not completely outclassed

by that same logic Deku should never have reached the physical level he has. His body didn’t suddenly get evolved several centuries into the future when he got OFA, his quirkless bodies durability was what was taking in OFA and he didn’t explode when Monama (Someone with a quirk) was so far less durable that if he did Use 100% wherever on his body he activated it would entirely explode to bloody chunks. And don’t give me that he “adapted to it” I’m using his first use of OFA the day he got it (aka no time for adaption) vs Monama who had several months of training by this point.

Alongside that, the body does evolve along the ages, it’s why even though some people don’t get more common traits, they still get taller and stronger as the generations go by. a Quirkless body would be behind but not completely outclassed
This doesn't have much to do with speed. We see people with quirks get blitzed all the time so I don't see how a quirkless person would fare any better.

Even Deku himself has been blitzed several times while already having OFA (Torino, All Might, USJ Nomu, USJ Shigaraki, heck even some random speedster villain from TUM).

I've said it before, but the evolutionary nature of quirks probably just allowed even those without physicals-enhancing quirks to have way higher ceiling on the improvement of their physical abilities more than quirkless characters.
All superhuman characters people use as proof for quirkless people becoming strong all had quirks, except for Deku. Who even after All Might's training could barely do anything in the UA entrance exams and placed last in the Quirk Apprehension test.

I've said it before, but the evolutionary nature of quirks probably just allowed even those without physicals-enhancing quirks to have way higher ceiling on the improvement of their physical abilities more than quirkless characters.
All superhuman characters people use as proof for quirkless people becoming strong all had quirks, except for Deku. Who even after All Might's training could barely do anything in the UA entrance exams and placed last in the Quirk Apprehension test.
I don't see that as proof of anything, just a theory that will likely never be confirmed or denied. It also doesn't make any sense to me, at least for MHA standards Something like this would've already been stated in universe if it was true, which is why I don't buy such things.

The idea is interesting, but the more likely answer is that Horikoshi just didn't care about such things and only did what was cool in the moment.

Izuku's lack of strength can be explained for being unable to use OFA more than once, after that 100% ball toss he says the pain from his broken finger made him perform worse. He's also only had physical training for 10 months, compare that to anyone else who's trained longer or had their Quirks figured out for years.

Toru being in comparable physical shape to Beginning of Series Izuku isn't that absurd, and also we know his score in the endurance running after the ball throw was less than what he should've got due to his broken finger. We also don't know how high of a score she got over him, it could've been a very minor difference.

Also while Aizawa admits Izuku's strength score was too low to be placed in the Hero Course, it was never stated he was physically the weakest in the class. It's very likely for people like Toru, Aoyama, Mineta, and whoever also had pathetic physical strength scores as well. Maybe even less than Izuku.

Basically I think there is way too many unknowns to say for 100% certainty that a Quirkless individuals cannot be that strong , especially when we only have two Quirkless character that can be seen. Actually All Might himself is a contradiction, since he could basically handle 100% of Nana's OFA right from the start.

While not as powerful as the OFA All Might gave to Izuku, that strength should still be rather high since the previous users should have a higher ceiling than a Quirkless All Might. The users beforehand all had Quirks, especially the forth user who spent 18 years doing nothing but increasing the strength of OFA.

Yet All Might's Quirkless body was able to handle far more of that stockpiled powered almost immediately.

Back