• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

1:21

Shigaraki weighs what? Maybe a buck fifty soak and wet? He'd have to have been moving at ludicrous speeds for him to level a small mountain just by jumping off of it

Man, watching episode one of MHA just hits differently.

Finally realizing that the reason Deku never really tried to increase his chances of becoming a hero by working out was that he never believed in himself. The ending credits and song quite literally say, "my mediocre self in this amazing world." I paraphrased, but the singer is basically singing in Deku's shoes.

I realized a lot of things-

1. How Deku never really worshipped Bakugo like many people want to pretend (he showed visible anger at how Bakugo told him to kill himself).

2. U.A. used to have a rule where Quirkless people couldn't attend the hero course. I guess Principle Nezu somehow managed to get rid of that. Either way, it eludes to the possibility that it isn't impossible to get into U.A. even without a quirk.

I suppose that's something to keep in mind anytime I feel like continuing my ongoing fanfiction.

Still, Deku's character arc is incredibly melancholic, even in episode one. Because somewhere deep down inside, he knew that he wasn't good enough. He thinks he's a failure. Lots of people want to criticize Deku for not trying to do better when it to wanting to become a pro hero. Like working out or building gadgets, but the fact is; I don't think he ever truly believed that he had a chance, even if he envisioned himself on the verge of breaking what's known to be possible as a normal human.

The fact that he never saw himself as 'good enough' to compete with other people who have quirks is proof that Deku not working harder to achieve his goal isn't a result of him being lazy, or him being too naive to really comprehend that he has no chance (he does), it's because he doesn't hold enough value within himself to really do anything beyond just studying, or taking notes.

That's ******* depressing man. Imagine having your dreams crushed at age four, and then not having the drive or self-esteem to push yourself to achieve your dreams in life. It's even more ****** because of how Bakugo and his classmates treated him.

Let me come up with a decent analogy here;

Like, just take a second to envision. Imagine that you're an artist.

And you have dreamed of becoming an artist since age four.

And then your art teacher says you'll never become an artist because you lack the skill or innate talent.

That would really **** you up, wouldn't it?

And then you might snowball from there. Peers would make fun of you for drawing, attempting to become even semi-decent at the drawing fundamentals. Somewhere along the line, deep down inside, part of you agrees with them, and you start to think that your dream is impossible.

But ever since your childhood, you've admired a famous mangaka artist. For how well they draw, for how well their story is structured. You want to be like them, even if you believe you're a failure, so you still try.

Eventually, you meet this Mangaka.

You ask him if you could become as great as he is, even if you suck at drawing and have absolutely no knack or talent for it.

And he has the balls to tell you no. Because to him, it seems as if you never put any effort toward your dream. To him, you're just some loser who says he'll make do with his words but goes back on it. Who doesn't have the discipline or drive to do what's needed to be done to get where you want to be in life.

He ******* shatters you and your dream, even though theoretically, it should be possible. You just never applied yourself to your goal correctly.

With your dreams shattered, you live your life in mediocrity. You still try to pursue your dream, but your art still comes out half-baked.

You live as a failure. With the past reminding you that you'll never be any good as an artist.

Just take a second and imagine, just how much that would ******* hurt.

Think long and hard.

Because I certainly did.

Because at that last part? The despair that you'd feel after going through all of that? Deku's is probably worse. A lot worse... That's just how deep this shit runs man. It's crazy. And this is all from just the first episode of the anime.

Deku is peak-shonen personified, because you actually see him overcoming that feeling of despair, in an attempt to save someone who absolutely loathes him.

From now on, I don't want to hear shit about how Deku isn't good enough, or how he's not a 'good enough protagonist.'

He is. End of story.

And if you disagree? You haven't read or watched this series properly. Not by a long shot.

Finally realizing that the reason Deku never really tried to increase his chances of becoming a hero by working out was that he never believed in himself. The ending credits and song quite literally say, "my mediocre self in this amazing world." I paraphrased, but the singer is basically singing in Deku's shoes.

1. How Deku never really worshipped Bakugo like many people want to pretend (he showed visible anger at how Bakugo told him to kill himself).

2. U.A. used to have a rule where Quirkless people couldn't attend the hero course. I guess Principle Nezu somehow managed to get rid of that. Either way, it eludes to the possibility that it isn't impossible to get into U.A. even without a quirk.

I suppose that's something to keep in mind anytime I feel like continuing my ongoing fanfiction.

Still, Deku's character arc is incredibly melancholic, even in episode one. Because somewhere deep down inside, he knew that he wasn't good enough. He thinks he's a failure. Lots of people want to criticize Deku for not trying to do better when it to wanting to become a pro hero. Like working out or building gadgets, but the fact is; I don't think he ever truly believed that he had a chance, even if he envisioned himself on the verge of breaking what's known to be possible as a normal human.

The fact that he never saw himself as 'good enough' to compete with other people who have quirks is proof that Deku not working harder to achieve his goal isn't a result of him being lazy, or him being too naive to really comprehend that he has no chance (he does), it's because he doesn't hold enough value within himself to really do anything beyond just studying, or taking notes.

That's ******* depressing man. Imagine having your dreams crushed at age four, and then not having the drive or self-esteem to push yourself to achieve your dreams in life. It's even more ****** because of how Bakugo and his classmates treated him.

And then your art teacher says you'll never become an artist because you lack the skill or innate talent.

And then you might snowball from there. Peers would make fun of you for drawing, attempting to become even semi-decent at the drawing fundamentals. Somewhere along the line, deep down inside, part of you agrees with them, and you start to think that your dream is impossible.

But ever since your childhood, you've admired a famous mangaka artist. For how well they draw, for how well their story is structured. You want to be like them, even if you believe you're a failure, so you still try.

You ask him if you could become as great as he is, even if you suck at drawing and have absolutely no knack or talent for it.

And he has the balls to tell you no. Because to him, it seems as if you never put any effort toward your dream. To him, you're just some loser who says he'll make do with his words but goes back on it. Who doesn't have the discipline or drive to do what's needed to be done to get where you want to be in life.

He ******* shatters you and your dream, even though theoretically, it should be possible. You just never applied yourself to your goal correctly.

With your dreams shattered, you live your life in mediocrity. You still try to pursue your dream, but your art still comes out half-baked.

You live as a failure. With the past reminding you that you'll never be any good as an artist.

Think long and hard.

Because I certainly did.

Because at that last part? The despair that you'd feel after going through all of that? Deku's is probably worse. A lot worse... That's just how deep this shit runs man. It's crazy. And this is all from just the first episode of the anime.

Deku is peak-shonen personified, because you actually see him overcoming that feeling of despair, in an attempt to save someone who absolutely loathes him.

From now on, I don't want to hear shit about how Deku isn't good enough, or how he's not a 'good enough protagonist.'

He is. End of story.

And if you disagree? You haven't read or watched this series properly. Not by a long shot.
Cap. Deku just a crybaby /j

Nvm, it's just a little bit over Mach 4, lol.

But I guess if you were to factor in air resistance, it might be higher, idk

Think long and hard.

Because I certainly did.

He is. End of story.

Idiots: "Just work hard like Batman and you can be a hero"

Me: "You mean the guy who luckily got picked up by super ninja's and has an absurd amount of wealth to assist his heroism"

Idiots: "Just work hard like Batman and you can be a hero"

Me: "You mean the guy who luckily got picked up by super ninja's and has an absurd amount of wealth to assist his heroism"
Batman hero literally could not work in MHA.

Secret identities are pointless since heroes dominate the streets more than villains do, if you got enough tech to basically “make a Quirk,” then other Quirk users would just also get the tech since they’re all mainly human too, high fighting skill doesn’t much matter when you’re fighting a clone army or someone with 2000+ degree AoE fire attacks, or someone 100x faster than you that can tank your attacks while covered in body armor, or All For One/Shigaraki.

Batman-type hero gets washed, people are just hyped up by Batman to think any verse could use a Batman.

Batman hero literally could not work in MHA.

Secret identities are pointless since heroes dominate the streets more than villains do, if you got enough tech to basically “make a Quirk,” then other Quirk users would just also get the tech since they’re all mainly human too, high fighting skill doesn’t much matter when you’re fighting a clone army or someone with 2000+ degree AoE fire attacks, or someone 100x faster than you that can tank your attacks while covered in body armor, or All For One/Shigaraki.

Batman-type hero gets washed, people are just hyped up by Batman to think any verse could use a Batman.
Knuckleduster would like to know your location

Knuckleduster would like to know your location
There are multiple reasons Knuckleduster not only fits into the verse, but also gets absolutely shit on by the examples I provided.

he is not defeating Twice, Muscular, Shigaraki, Dabi, etc. I’d doubt if he’d even beat Rappa in a straight fight.

Also, he’s a vigilante, not a hero, which is what people wanted Deku to be. Vigilante, yes, Quirkless can work. Hero, no, he’s not even making it past the entrance exam.

I honestly think it's possible to become a powerful hero even without a quirk.

Most quirks in MHA aren't that strong. Support Gear could enable you to do some ridiculous shit. There's already support gear out there that enhanced Deku's physical strength to handle One for All better.

Tbh, most quirk users are vulnerable to a lot of shit, like poisonous gas, bombs, etc. Even some firearms. And you got people like Mirio who literally beat the shit out of one of the strongest villains in the series with no quirk. NO quirk at all. He only lost against Overhaul because he had to protect Eri. And he had no equipment. Just his body. Imagine if he had a gun, some smoke bombs, or just mustard gas. Overhaul would be ******.

A simple way to become a hero in MHA would just be to enter into U.A.'s support course and try to make it big in the sports festival since they allow you to keep your gear. And maybe then the higher-ups at U.A. like Nezu might transfer you into the hero course or something. It happened with Shinso, and the dude was in general education and got his ass kicked, lol. Hell, Knuckle Duster is Quirkless, and he just goes around punching villains. And it works. Becoming a Quirkless hero might be even easier than you think.

Most Quirk users aren't immune to gunfire as well. They might be able to dodge it, but if it hits them point-blank? They're ******.

Imagine if someone walked up to a group of villains with a canister of muster gas.

What are they gonna do?

Yeah, exactly. Nothing. They're ******.

Or rather, someone could toss a thermite grenade. Most quirk users can't withstand the heat of that level.

he is not defeating Twice, Muscular, Shigaraki, Dabi, etc. I’d doubt if he’d even beat Rappa in a straight fight.
Muscular, Dabi, and Shigaraki are High tier level threats. Most people are getting washed by them.

Hell, Deku had super strength, and he'd get washed by most of them in SEASON 2.

Knuckle Duster could've killed Koichi with one punch.

Aizawa was holding his own against villains, even when he couldn't negate some of their quirks.

Let that sink in, lol.

I honestly think it's possible to become a powerful hero even without a quirk.

Most quirks in MHA aren't that strong. Support Gear could enable you to do some ridiculous shit. There's already support gear out there that enhanced Deku's physical strength to handle One for All better.

Tbh, most quirk users are vulnerable to a lot of shit, like poisonous gas, bombs, etc. Even some firearms. And you got people like Mirio who literally beat the shit out of one of the strongest villains in the series with no quirk. NO quirk at all. He only lost against Overhaul because he had to protect Eri. And he had no equipment. Just his body. Imagine if he had a gun, some smoke bombs, or just mustard gas. Overhaul would be ******.

A simple way to become a hero in MHA would just be to enter into U.A.'s support course and try to make it big in the sports festival since they allow you to keep your gear. And maybe then the higher-ups at U.A. like Nezu might transfer you into the hero course or something. It happened with Shinso, and the dude was in general education and got his ass kicked, lol. Hell, Knuckle Duster is Quirkless, and he just goes around punching villains. And it works. Becoming a Quirkless hero might be even easier than you think.

Most Quirk users aren't immune to gunfire as well. They might be able to dodge it, but if it hits them point-blank? They're ******.

Imagine if someone walked up to a group of villains with a canister of muster gas.

What are they gonna do?

Yeah, exactly. Nothing. They're ******.

Or rather, someone could toss a thermite grenade. Most quirk users can't withstand the heat of that level.

Muscular, Dabi, and Shigaraki are High tier level threats. Most people are getting washed by them.

Hell, Deku had super strength, and he'd get washed by most of them in SEASON 2.

Knuckle Duster could've killed Koichi with one punch.

Aizawa was holding his own against villains, even when he couldn't negate some of their quirks.

Let that sink in, lol.
I’m not saying it’s impossible, but I’m saying there is no situation where not having a Quirk will make you better than if you did have one, even if it was bad.

Not to mention, the prejudice against the rapidly dwindling Quirkless population is the whole driving point of Deku’s character. If there were ever Quirkless heroes, and I’m sure there were many, then clearly they either died out or were out paced fast. If one existed right now, that would invalidate Deku’s entire origin of being told he can’t be a hero because of no Quirk.

Yeah, Aizawa can take on people essentially Quirkless, but he’s not Quirkless himself. That’s only against heteromorphic quirk users, who as he notes, are purely physical, so he can train to beat them. If he had no Quirk against emitters, he struggles far more, since his main method of winning is capture when they can’t do anything.

And Mirio is an outlier in every way. He got special training by the literal smartest guy around to specifically handle his Quirk as well as read his opponents on top of the best physique of any non physically amplified character besides Endeavor and Final Act characters. He’s just built different, a normal hero is not doing what Mirio does unless you train them from a young age to do that, and why would you do that’s when you could train someone with a Quirk who can do the same?

And that’s my main point I feel:

Yes, it is possible.

No, it is not feasible.

Quirkless people are inferior in every way to people with Quirks, because anything they can do, people with Quirks can also do but on top of having a Quirk. That’s what makes Deku’s dilemma so messed up: he will always be looked over for someone with a Quirk, so why waste energy on someone without one?

Look at the people you mentioned. Knuckleduster. Aizawa. Mirio. People who HAVE/HAD Quirks, but got training on top of it. They weren’t trained Quirkless, they go to this point after using their Quirks in conjunction with training. A Quirkless person can get to that point, but why would you do that when you can have Mirio do all the same techniques but also phase through attacks?

It is more worth to put someone with super powers in the streets with high fighting skill to fight other people with super powers, than it is to put someone with no super powers in the street with high fighting skill to fight people with super powers. The amount of resources needed to be dedicated to a Quirkless hero are probably too high when someone with a Quirk will do the job just fine.

Also, who is the Quirkless hero even fighting for? 80% if the world has a Quirk, they are a minority, the lore doesn’t fit. Are they supposed to be uplifting the Quirkless? Every other hero will have a Quirk, they’re living antithesis to the beliefs that the Quirkless person is trying to make.

If any Quirkless person could be a hero, than any person with a Quirk will be a Super Hero by MHA standards because that’s just how the society is.

Like, any gear you can think of to be useful for a Quirkless person?

Give it to Mirko or Bakugo or Iida and see how much more it’s usefulness skyrockets.

Just as how there are a lot of unfounded, unreasonable and substanceless criticism directed towards MHA, I think some of the takes here are pretty dismissive and reductive towards the actual legitimate criticism towards it. Speaking as someone who considers the current War arc (so far) to be inferior to the PLF Raid.

I get that it's all just opinions in the bottom line, but the knee-jerk reaction goes both ways in this case.

On the topic of the "Batman-type" hero in MHA, there are lot of factors to consider there that branches out to other topics. To make it short

Quirk's implication on evolution, and the lack of strong, quirkless characters (by the verse standards)​

Even if it's not directly stated, it's very likely implied that the evolutionary trait of Quirks provide humans with higher ceiling of physical ability, allowing them greater heights with their Charles Atlast superhuman physical attributes. Every character without physical-enhancing quirks fall under this possibility.
So Aizawa, Knuckleduster, Toga, Stain and the others don't count as they don't have a quirk.

The closest example to a strong, quirkless characters we know were Deku and All Might. We have no idea how strong the latter was without OFA, only that he had a prodigal physique capable of handling Nana's 100% right off the bat. Deku is superhuman by our standards, but he was literally falling behind and ending up last in physical activities upon entering U.A., even compared to freaking Mineta.a

Inconsistency on the portrayal of heroes' general strength​

Supposedly, Todoroki already outclasses a lot of Pro Heroes with the sheer power of his Quirk. Which is pretty understandable, based on his large scale ice attacks during the Sports Festival. Pro Heroes were having difficulties against foot soldier Nomus during Hosu and Kyushu incidents.

Yet we see Pro Heroes get buffed during the PLF Raid. All of a sudden they are hanging with High End Nomus (which by our standards are All Might tier). They are capable of breaking through their durability and keep up with their speed (although the heroes are still generally weaker). A mob of heroes were able to take down Near High Ends through many sacrifices. If we're to base on Rusty's sandboxes, even sidekicks like Burnin' can reach All Might tier.

It's pretty evident that with how random Quirks are, there are loads of possibilities and Pro Heroes aren't as weak as what the majority of the fandom believe them to be.

Of course, most of the things mentioned here happened for Hori's convenience in writing the story. But these are observable in the manga, so it is what it is.

Inconsistency on the portrayal of heroes' general strength​

Supposedly, Todoroki already outclasses a lot of Pro Heroes with the sheer power of his Quirk. Which is pretty understandable, based on his large scale ice attacks during the Sports Festival. Pro Heroes were having difficulties against foot soldier Nomus during Hosu and Kyushu incidents.

Yet we see Pro Heroes get buffed during the PLF Raid. All of a sudden they are hanging with High End Nomus (which by our standards are All Might tier). They are capable of breaking through their durability and keep up with their speed (although the heroes are still generally weaker). A mob of heroes were able to take down Near High Ends through many sacrifices. If we're to base on Rusty's sandboxes, even sidekicks like Burnin' can reach All Might tier.

It's pretty evident that with how random Quirks are, there are loads of possibilities and Pro Heroes aren't as weak as what the majority of the fandom believe them to be.

Of course, most of the things mentioned here happened for Hori's convenience in writing the story. But these are observable in the manga, so it is what it is.
It’s worth keeping in mind that we know Nomu are susceptible to the elements. You brought up how Todoroki is stronger than pros but they fight High Ends but even BoS Shoto could take off the USJ Nomu’s limbs with one attack.

Considering the sheer amount of quirks available, a hero with acid, electrcity, ice, fire or even some weird flesh manipulation or even spatial warping isn’t crazy and it isn’t hard to believe outnumbered mentally stunted brutes can be killed over time like that. Seriously if AM was dumber than a brick and just stood there and was distracted BoS Shoto could take off his limbs or even kill him too.

Like, any gear you can think of to be useful for a Quirkless person?

Give it to Mirko or Bakugo or Iida and see how much more it’s usefulness skyrockets.
But do you see any of them running around with the equipment though?

No, and that's exactly my point.

Everyone in MHA relies on using their quirk too much. It wouldn't be hard to pack a few canisters of knock-out gas in preparation for fighting villains and yet almost NO ONE ever takes advantage of the benefits that could with support gear unrelated to their powerset. You're right, a Quirkless person would be at a disadvantage. But in general, the fact that it's possible for someone like Mirio, or even Stain to contend with Quirk users, with little to no equipment and just raw training, is just reinforcing my point.

Mirio received training from Sir Night Eye for around three years if I recall. Horikoshi considers him to be at the physical peak when it comes to hero students, excluding quirks. His physical strength isn't the reason he's so strong either, it's how he's able to predict people's movements. Anyone could do what Mirio could do. Deku could as well if he pushed himself hard enough. Would it take time? Perhaps, but Deku's been analyzing quirks for all of his life and he can predict people's movements just fine.

Factor in that no one in U.A really specializes in any martial arts, or even something basic like boxing, and you quickly realize that it'd be simple for a Quirkless hero to exist.

There are heroes out there which have Quirks centered around making people laugh as a weapon against villains.

If they can become heroes, a Quirkless person, with a little bit of preparation, training, and some luck, could do it as well.

Snipe's literal Quirk is just him being really good at hitting his targets with firearms. Take the firearms away, and what is he exactly?

...Yeah, that's what I thought. He's essentially a one-trick pony. I'm not saying a Quirkless person could become as good of a marksman as he is, but at the same time, the fact that he relies on guns of all things to take down villains is just proof enough that a Quirkless hero is extremely doable if they rely on something as basic as firearms.

Sero's Quirk literally just allows him to swing around like Spider-Man. Give someone something similar to Spider-Man's web shooters, or give them a grappling gun, and they can achieve the same effect. Maybe get some carbon fiber and use it to entangle villains with it too, like Best Jeanist. Bakugo's quirk just allows him to generate explosions. All you need to have is a grenade and you can pretty much mimic some of his smaller scales explosions. Better? Add shrapnel into the mix, and they become incredibly lethal.

There's already technology that enables people to fly around in jetpacks at nearly a hundred miles an hour. Give a Quirkless person something similar to that, and maybe scale down the size and incorporate the technology into a boot or a glove, and you got yourself someone who can toss grenades, move super fast, someone who has firearms, and is generally incredibly good at reading people's moves.

Yes, all of this equipment is stuff that's available to Quirk users as well, but for the most part, they either don't bother using them or just rely on their Quirk to get the job done. As I've said before, they almost never, and I mean never, rely on anything other than their support gear, Quirk, combat experience, or combination of both.

It's why Stain is so damn good at fighting people like Deku and Iida and Todoroki. Despite how powerful they are, their attacks are extremely predictable. Arguably, it's not even about predictability, Iida without Recipro Burst is just too slow to really do anything to Stain, despite having a Quirk centered around speed.

Let's get something straight here; the only reason Deku couldn't have become a hero without a Quirk is that he never opted to put in any effort to achieve his goal beyond studying or taking notes. Bakugo and his classmates even say that getting good grades isn't enough to get into U.A. For what it's worth, his dedication to his dream was extremely weak outside of his hero notes.

If I were in his position and didn't have any of the trauma which came with being Quirkless, I'd devise some sort of training plan, take my ass to the gym, maybe learn a bit about engineering and chemistry to build support gear, and just grind.

Deku's body could walk a few meters despite having All Might piggyback riding off of him.

Do you have any idea how hard that would be? Even for strong men, it's not exactly easy.

For someone like Deku to achieve that with only ten months of training just proves my point.

If someone were truly dedicated and wanted to become a hero despite not having a Quirk, getting into U.A. would be simple. It wouldn't even have to be the hero course, just General Education or Support. Anything which allows them to prove themselves in the Sports Festival and give themselves an opportunity to stand out, in order to transfer into the hero course.

If someone like Toru can get into U.A. and pass the Entrance Exam, with her Quirk only making her invisible, do you understand how easy it'd be for Deku to do the same with a little bit of training? For ***** sake, Sports Festival Deku actually took out a One-Pointer with little effort. No Quirk, just pure physical strength and brains alone.

Horikoshi even said that the Entrance Exam bots are built with a button somewhere on their body so that even people without Quirks centered around power or offensive capabilities could pass.

U.A. even allowed Quirkless people to take the exam. As Deku said, that was never the case until recently.

Becoming a Quirkless hero is just like becoming a regular one, only you need a lot more gear, physical strength than the average person, smarts, and in general, discipline. And I guess luck as well, but in general, luck is just when preparation meets opportunity.

Horikoshi even said that the Entrance Exam bots are built with a button somewhere on their body so that even people without Quirks centered around power or offensive capabilities could pass.
I heavily believe this is false information. I have not found any proof of Horikoshi stating this as of yet.

Horikoshi stated that incapacitating the robots would count as a point as well. Since people had ask how Mineta had passed.

This comes from the Volume 2 extras. At no point have I been able to find anything that suggest this button exist whatsoever

So Aizawa, Knuckleduster, Toga, Stain and the others don't count as they don't have a quirk.
Toga is literally blitzing people left and right despite not having a Quirk centered around moving at super-fast speeds. Literal proof that you don't need a Quirk to be super busted.

I heavily believe this is false information. I have not found any proof of Horikoshi stating this as of yet.

Horikoshi stated that incapacitating the robots would count as a point as well. Since people had ask how Mineta had passed.

This comes from the Volume 2 extras. At no point have I been able to find anything that suggest this button exist whatsoever
Yeah, it does seem to be that it's probably fanon. Either way, it doesn't change my point.

To be honest, if Deku could easily take out One Pointer just by reading its moves, I think the existence of a button would be useless if he could just bludgeon it with one hit. It'd be far easier to just walk up to it and start beating it with just a baseball bat or something.

Something worth noting as well is Bakugo's score on the Quirk Apprehension test 50-meter dash wasn't even that impressive. By our standards, it couldn't even be considered super-human. It's fast, but not unreachable by human standards. Tsuyu's isn't an exception either. Her result in the 50-meter race was around 9 m/s. Which, is something that is easily achievable even by high school boys.

Most of the students have scores within the range of 7 to 12 m/s, with the exception be Iida, who clocks in at over 16 m/s.

A Quirkless person isn't at that much of a disadvantage if they're able to outpace half of Class 1-A relatively easily in a race.

I'll be honest, I wasn't paying attention to the conversation I just saw that part and had to say that. But if I could give my own opinion.

A Batman type of hero in MHA is iffy for me. Not because it couldn't exist, I think with enough money, time, and work it could happen for real.

But why spend all that effort making someone powerless into a Pro Hero, and instead use that same time on someone who has a Quirk? They'll be able to do anything the Quirkless Hero could but can do even more that person cannot do. Even if it isn't a lot, it's still better than nothing.

Anyone can be supported by gear, but only Heroes with Quirk can get gear that further supports their own special powers.

You would need to be someone like Bruce Wayne in order to get a Quirkless Pro Hero. Someone who has the resources (Not super crazy) and the sheer will to be a Hero despite not having a Quirk. Which is interesting to think about I agree, but I don't see the point of going through the effort if that isn't the case.

Izuku is special in wanting to be a Pro Hero, I personally think most young Quirkless are more like Melissa and don't really try to reach out that hard when they realized the gap. Instead they find other things they can do. They aren't like Izuku or Toshinori, who despite their lack of power still wanted to be a Hero more than anything.

I say it's possible, I mean Nezu allows Quirkless people to participate in the Entrance Exams. He would know better than most, due to his Quirk, if such a thing was impossible. Izuku even proves that destroying them is possible without a Quirk as well. Just that most Quirkless people wouldn't put in the effort or even have the chance.

But there's little benefit from it actually happening. In fiction yeah this could happen and could be interesting, but there is a reason why it hasn't happened in MHA.

Do yall sometime wonder what would MHA be like if it used a universal energy system like Jjk or Black Clover? Ik it wouldn't make sense since it's biological but i'd like to imagine it working out somehow, would any of the scaling change that much?

Do yall sometime wonder what would MHA be like if it used a universal energy system like Jjk or Black Clover? Ik it wouldn't make sense since it's biological but i'd like to imagine it working out somehow, would any of the scaling change that much?
All Todoroki feats would scale to his physicals and thus to base Deku and thus the rest of the cast

But why spend all that effort making someone powerless into a Pro Hero, and instead use that same time on someone who has a Quirk? They'll be able to do anything the Quirkless Hero could but can do even more that person cannot do. Even if it isn't a lot, it's still better than nothing.
They aren't powerless at all. They have gear for a reason.

It's not about how it'll be easier to invest in or train someone with a Quirk.

It's about whether or not that Quirkless person could actually become a decent hero. And they could. A damn good one at that if Mirio is anything to go by.

The thing is that I'm not talking about a Batman type of hero. The fact is that Deku doesn't have the funds, or wealth necessary to do the shit that Batman does. I'm just saying it'd be incredibly simple for a Quirkless person to become a hero with the right mindset.
You would need to be someone like Bruce Wayne in order to get a Quirkless Pro Hero.
No, lol.

All you need is to get into U.A.'s support course, or at least, have their aid.

And frankly, the gear that you would need would be relatively easy to build. Knock out gas, smoke bombs, or grenades in general. Those could all be supplied by the Support Course.

The reason it cost Bruce Wayne so much to become Batman is that he traveled halfway across the ******* world for martial arts training, and decided to invest in planes, cars, and other highly advanced technology that shouldn't even really be possible with our current technological standards.

The reality is that you don't need all of that. As I've said before; the gear is relatively simple and easy to get/build.

Deviating from the above.

But there are 38 chapters left if Season 6 ends with the Star and Stripe battle on chapter 334. Likely the middle of Chapter 334 with Tenko peeking out from All For Shiggy.

Since there are 12 episodes remaining, they would need to keep a pace of 3 chapters per episode to make it. 38/12 = 3.1 chapters.

This tells use a lot, if they do anything extra or do 2 chapters in a single episode. It makes the idea of it ending on the Star and Stripe fight less likely. And if they have an entire filler episode, we are without a doubt not getting the Star and Stripe stuff at all.

We might be able to tell if Star shows up in the new intro that'll come out. Like how in Season 4 the second intro showed Endeavor and Hawks at the restaurant. I doubt Star will show up in the intro, but maybe we'll see the jets flying somewhere. Or maybe they'll show Shigaraki in the outfit he wore during the battle.

Finger crossed they shows Star reacting to the laser after it was fired

Last edited:
But do you see any of them running around with the equipment though?

No, and that's exactly my point.

Everyone in MHA relies on using their quirk too much. It wouldn't be hard to pack a few canisters of knock-out gas in preparation for fighting villains and yet almost NO ONE ever takes advantage of the benefits that could with support gear unrelated to their powerset. You're right, a Quirkless person would be at a disadvantage. But in general, the fact that it's possible for someone like Mirio, or even Stain to contend with Quirk users, with little to no equipment and just raw training, is just reinforcing my point.

Mirio received training from Sir Night Eye for around three years if I recall. Horikoshi considers him to be at the physical peak when it comes to hero students, excluding quirks. His physical strength isn't the reason he's so strong either, it's how he's able to predict people's movements. Anyone could do what Mirio could do. Deku could as well if he pushed himself hard enough. Would it take time? Perhaps, but Deku's been analyzing quirks for all of his life and he can predict people's movements just fine.

Factor in that no one in U.A really specializes in any martial arts, or even something basic like boxing, and you quickly realize that it'd be simple for a Quirkless hero to exist.

There are heroes out there which have Quirks centered around making people laugh as a weapon against villains.

If they can become heroes, a Quirkless person, with a little bit of preparation, training, and some luck, could do it as well.

Snipe's literal Quirk is just him being really good at hitting his targets with firearms. Take the firearms away, and what is he exactly?

...Yeah, that's what I thought. He's essentially a one-trick pony. I'm not saying a Quirkless person could become as good of a marksman as he is, but at the same time, the fact that he relies on guns of all things to take down villains is just proof enough that a Quirkless hero is extremely doable if they rely on something as basic as firearms.

Sero's Quirk literally just allows him to swing around like Spider-Man. Give someone something similar to Spider-Man's web shooters, or give them a grappling gun, and they can achieve the same effect. Maybe get some carbon fiber and use it to entangle villains with it too, like Best Jeanist. Bakugo's quirk just allows him to generate explosions. All you need to have is a grenade and you can pretty much mimic some of his smaller scales explosions. Better? Add shrapnel into the mix, and they become incredibly lethal.

There's already technology that enables people to fly around in jetpacks at nearly a hundred miles an hour. Give a Quirkless person something similar to that, and maybe scale down the size and incorporate the technology into a boot or a glove, and you got yourself someone who can toss grenades, move super fast, someone who has firearms, and is generally incredibly good at reading people's moves.

Yes, all of this equipment is stuff that's available to Quirk users as well, but for the most part, they either don't bother using them or just rely on their Quirk to get the job done. As I've said before, they almost never, and I mean never, rely on anything other than their support gear, Quirk, combat experience, or combination of both.

It's why Stain is so damn good at fighting people like Deku and Iida and Todoroki. Despite how powerful they are, their attacks are extremely predictable. Arguably, it's not even about predictability, Iida without Recipro Burst is just too slow to really do anything to Stain, despite having a Quirk centered around speed.

Let's get something straight here; the only reason Deku couldn't have become a hero without a Quirk is that he never opted to put in any effort to achieve his goal beyond studying or taking notes. Bakugo and his classmates even say that getting good grades isn't enough to get into U.A. For what it's worth, his dedication to his dream was extremely weak outside of his hero notes.

If I were in his position and didn't have any of the trauma which came with being Quirkless, I'd devise some sort of training plan, take my ass to the gym, maybe learn a bit about engineering and chemistry to build support gear, and just grind.

Deku's body could walk a few meters despite having All Might piggyback riding off of him.

Do you have any idea how hard that would be? Even for strong men, it's not exactly easy.

For someone like Deku to achieve that with only ten months of training just proves my point.

If someone were truly dedicated and wanted to become a hero despite not having a Quirk, getting into U.A. would be simple. It wouldn't even have to be the hero course, just General Education or Support. Anything which allows them to prove themselves in the Sports Festival and give themselves an opportunity to stand out, in order to transfer into the hero course.

If someone like Toru can get into U.A. and pass the Entrance Exam, with her Quirk only making her invisible, do you understand how easy it'd be for Deku to do the same with a little bit of training? For ***** sake, Sports Festival Deku actually took out a One-Pointer with little effort. No Quirk, just pure physical strength and brains alone.

U.A. even allowed Quirkless people to take the exam. As Deku said, that was never the case until recently.

Becoming a Quirkless hero is just like becoming a regular one, only you need a lot more gear, physical strength than the average person, smarts, and in general, discipline. And I guess luck as well, but in general, luck is just when preparation meets opportunity.
A lot of the time equipment is presented as a weakness in MHA especially for top tiers or heroes who fight a lot. Just look at Mirko and Re-destro for example. I do feel support tech would play a much bigger role if the story focused on low level heroes but at the end of the day it doesn't although even the MC's like Deku and Bakugo do use their fair share of support tech with Bakugo recently unleashing Strafe Panzer.

Batman would work fine in MHA, assuming he has the same wealth and ability to use the highest levels of tech in that verse. He'd probably excel in that case.

Its just, he would be made irrelevant by the higher tiers like in DC, unless he got that Hellbat suit or whatever other buffs. Batman might not have powers, but he's definitely superhuman.

Back