• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

It’s worth keeping in mind that we know Nomu are susceptible to the elements. You brought up how Todoroki is stronger than pros but they fight High Ends but even BoS Shoto could take off the USJ Nomu’s limbs with one attack.
That's true, but at the same time we've also seen Heroes without element-based or hax-based Quirks contend with the Nomus (whose base physicals are supposedly within the same range as the USJ Nomu, at least according to our wiki). Like the blade hero and the monk hero accompanying Crust. I think it's even shown that the blade hero was able to cut one of the Nomus while the monk hero was physically contending with another.
Heck I think Kido even restrained Woman nomu with his binding cloth (you can argue that he may perhaps been changing the trajectory of her arm though, which is kinda cool).

So it's valid in both cases where some Heroes are just at a very high level simply with these kind of feats whether they have a quirk that ignores conventional durability or not.

That's true, but at the same time we've also seen Heroes without element-based or hax-based Quirks contend with the Nomus (whose base physicals are supposedly within the same range as the USJ Nomu, at least according to our wiki). Like the blade hero and the monk hero accompanying Crust. I think it's even shown that the blade hero was able to cut one of the Nomus while the monk hero was physically contending with another.
Heck I think Kido even restrained Woman nomu with his binding cloth (you can argue that he may perhaps been changing the trajectory of her arm though, which is kinda cool).
Blades/bullets are special, especially in fiction. I wouldn't be surprised if Horikoshi doesn't believe certain characters are bullet/blade proof.

No one fully restrained Woman. They took her off guard and before she could respond Endeavor burned her head off. Though I believe Kido was indeed just trying to keep her arm from moving a certain direction, since he didn't wrap her arm with his cloth. I doubt he decided not to use his Quirk for some reason.

Also the line of the USJ Nomu you mention kind of bothers me. You're basically saying nothing in the series actually confirms this. Apologies but this made come off as rude, but I feel like I need to bring this up once again. So don't take this personally, I don't mean to offend anyone.

The entire point of the Nomu project is to create foots soldiers that contend with All Might.

Even in the Ultra Analysis Book the Nomu in general are stated to be able to go toe to toe with All Might. Obviously I don't think every Nomu in the series is All Might level, but the point of the Nomu project is to create people with All Might level strength. Upper-Tier Nomu like the USJ Nomu are not meant to be special outliers.

The High-Ends are stated to be superior to the Upper Tier Nomu. With pictures showing the USJ Nomu as the doctor himself says this.

Shigaraki himself is directly stated to be All Might level and is shown to have comparable durability to the Near High-End Nomu. Who are physically on par with Hood and the other High-Ends. Meaning that yes High-Ends have physical stats comparable to All Might.

We know thanks to Shigaraki and the USJ Nomu that their physical stats are not based on a Quirk but on modifications made to them by the doctor's surgery.

Cleary it's just our opinion and they're actually a metric ton weaker than All Might who could explode their bodies with one punch.

I agree that Horikoshi hasn't portrayed the Nomu or Shigaraki like he does All Might, but I personally don't care one bit. It's never bothered me and never will. Not unless Horikoshi is about to reveal the biggest plot twist on why none of the Nomu are even close to All Might's strength or something. Excluding USJ Nomu.

Doesn't change the fact that a no-name Hero was able to cut a High End, or is at least heavily implied to have been able to do so.

I'm not saying that nothing in the series confirms it, just that it's not really a common thought among the fandom and there are people even here who disagree with it to a certain extent. I'm personally not against the current scaling the wiki is using for it.

Also, with all due respect, that Vigilantes scan doesn't really fit your interpretation of it 1:1. It pretty evidently is referring to a singular entity, the USJ Nomu (and possibly hints at Shigaraki too).
The databook is a lot more concrete about it, but do note that not only is it the same databook that shows a lot of questionable information and statistics (Mina being stupider than Spinner, who is in turn stupider than Hood, etc.), but the visuals of the book is using a low-tier Nomu nowhere near All Might's level.
Which relates to the third scan about showing the USJ Nomu as a representative of the Upper Tier Nomus visually. You seem to be misconstruing the meaning of this, but the point is not that the Upper-Tiers are outliers, but that the USJ Nomu is an outlier amongst the Upper-Tier Nomus.

I'm goint to reiterate that I'm perfectly fine with the way the wiki scales the High Ends, especially after the Star and Stripe arc showing concrete durability feats for them. The point of my comment was never to put that into question, but just to point out how vaguely varying the prowess of heroes are presented in the story.

I'm literally just scrolling through the MHA wiki...

Deadass, there's so much equipment that a Quirkless hero could use. It's kind of insane.

Blades/bullets are special, especially in fiction. I wouldn't be surprised if Horikoshi doesn't believe certain characters are bullet/blade proof.

No one fully restrained Woman. They took her off guard and before she could respond Endeavor burned her head off. Though I believe Kido was indeed just trying to keep her arm from moving a certain direction, since he didn't wrap her arm with his cloth. I doubt he decided not to use his Quirk for some reason.

Also the line of the USJ Nomu you mention kind of bothers me. You're basically saying nothing in the series actually confirms this. Apologies but this made come off as rude, but I feel like I need to bring this up once again. So don't take this personally, I don't mean to offend anyone.

The entire point of the Nomu project is to create foots soldiers that contend with All Might.

Even in the Ultra Analysis Book the Nomu in general are stated to be able to go toe to toe with All Might. Obviously I don't think every Nomu in the series is All Might level, but the point of the Nomu project is to create people with All Might level strength. Upper-Tier Nomu like the USJ Nomu are not meant to be special outliers.

The High-Ends are stated to be superior to the Upper Tier Nomu. With pictures showing the USJ Nomu as the doctor himself says this.

Shigaraki himself is directly stated to be All Might level and is shown to have comparable durability to the Near High-End Nomu. Who are physically on par with Hood and the other High-Ends. Meaning that yes High-Ends have physical stats comparable to All Might.

We know thanks to Shigaraki and the USJ Nomu that their physical stats are not based on a Quirk but on modifications made to them by the doctor's surgery.

Cleary it's just our opinion and they're actually a metric ton weaker than All Might who could explode their bodies with one punch.

I agree that Horikoshi hasn't portrayed the Nomu or Shigaraki like he does All Might, but I personally don't care one bit. It's never bothered me and never will. Not unless Horikoshi is about to reveal the biggest plot twist on why none of the Nomu are even close to All Might's strength or something. Excluding USJ Nomu.
Obviously Horikoshi doesn't believe certain characters are bulletproof (Endeavor, Bakugo, and anyone without a defensive quirk) but he has specifically portrayed Nomus including low level Grey Nomus as bulletproof and even in the war arc, the Near High-ends go on to tank gunfire at Tartarus like it was nothing.

So if quirks involving blades are harming Nomus, it is more probable that Hori simply places blades and projectiles manifested through quirks as superior to ordinary blades and projectiles.

Finally finished drawing this.

9ZTrtOz.jpg

I was just spit-balling with this sketch and the notes, but point is, if Deku had access to U.A.'s Support Course, he could easily make something like this with the help of maybe Hatsume. A lot of this stuff could probably be made by himself too, like the grenades, and grappling belt, along with the knee braces and shock bracers. The military grade and heatproof armor plating though...? Once again, Support Course funding/Hatsume aiding.

If he could make bombs out of his ******* piss (it's a real thing, look it up) he could probably make a grenade or two with how advanced MHA's society is.

If he were to learn how to predict people's moves like Mirio did, as well as undergoing a little bit of martial arts training...

He'd be ******* terrifying.

Give him something like a katana that paralyzes or electrocutes people on contact and you have yourself a Stain that can, in theory, move faster, hit harder, have a better defense, predict attacks as well as Mirio can, and is partially immune to extreme temperatures. The gas mask and suit would make him immune to any Quirk which emits poisonous gases too.

And with that reinforced military-grade armor? At that point, he'd just become a Kirishima-lite. Not as durable, but at the same time, not exactly fragile either...

Did I mention he has a turret that fires rubber bullets on his wrist?

All of this is a nasty combination, lol. I know this may seem a bit... excessive. But point is, even a Quirkless Deku would be possible. Deku would just need the right amount of training and mindset.

And I don't just mean terrifying in the sense that he'd be hard to go up against...

I mean LITERALLY terrifying because he would hard counter half of Class 1-A.

Smoke bombs? Would confuse their general sense of direction, excluding Maybe Shoji or Jirou.

Paralyzing and sleeping gas? Takes out most of the class if they can't disperse the gas fast enough.

Military-grade sci-fi type super-armor? Allows him to walk away and no sell hits from people like Saito, Shoji, or Bakuogo with little more than a bruise...

The only people who'd stomp him would be Todoroki or Bakugo, and simply because they have more range, maneuverability, and well...

Ice-glaciers and missile-level explosions go brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

And in general, the Power Gauntlets that he's wearing would allow him to hit as hard as someone like Mirio, Knuckle Duster combined with his martial arts training and peak-human physiology (don't tell me the technology doesn't exist for that. It's literally just the Full/Mid Gauntlet but even better).

Again, terrifying combination.

What the **** is someone like Aizawa gonna do to him? Punch, kick? Use his binding cloth? Dumb move when he is practically a bastardized version of Batman on steroids. We know that he isn't bulletproof, the dude could just walk up to him, and bust a cap in his ass or something.

Aizawa could dodge bullets but at point-blank range? He'd be screwed.

Oh, and speaking of Aizawa, maybe Deku a capturing net binds his opponents in the same material as Aizawa's binding cloth. Given how Aizawa's binding cloth is damn near unbreakable, even for someone as strong as Bakugo, it'd be a pretty good fit for his arsenal.

I'm not saying he could contend with someone like All Might, or even Mirko, but at the same time, he has the potential to make it to the Top 10 if he gets even better gear.

If you REALLY want him to be broken, give him access to Quirk canceling hand-cuffs or something. The police force has access to those I believe, it wouldn't be hard to get, given U.A.'s influence/budget.

Realistically I think it could be possible for a Quirkless hero to survive, but he wouldn’t really do much outside of being a street tier hero

Realistically I think it could be possible for a Quirkless hero to survive, but he wouldn’t really do much outside of being a street tier hero
I believe it could work, even if they tried to become really well known, like Kamui Woods. There's a lot of potential for a Quirkless hero in my opinion.

To be honest, you could just give them thrusters on their legs and they could probably move as fast as Iida. in his lower gears. I mean, it's literally the same as his Quirk, and that runs off of orange juice, so it's totally doable.

So we finally get confirmation on what the weakness is for using Gear Shift Deku is experiencing fatigue and if he doesn't let his cells rest he won't be able to breathe, and it's obvious to know what happens if you can't breathe anymore. I knew this quirk would come with a huge drawback after seeing that it is so powerful, but death as a drawback is crazy to me.

So we finally get confirmation on what the weakness is for using Gear Shift Deku is experiencing fatigue and if he doesn't let his cells rest he won't be able to breathe, and it's obvious to know what happens if you can't breathe anymore. I knew this quirk would come with a huge drawback after seeing that it is so powerful, but death as a drawback is crazy to me.
Well at least Death Battle having Deku die to power overuse doesn't look as weird as it did before.

What’s the evaluation on this, don’t care if not right just wanna see if it means anything
Ho Jeez man you didn’t need to throw me under the bus like that ;-;

I also have another one I’m working on which focuses on two heroes and 5%
I believe it could work, even if they tried to become really well known, like Kamui Woods. There's a lot of potential for a Quirkless hero in my opinion.

To be honest, you could just give them thrusters on their legs and they could probably move as fast as Iida. in his lower gears. I mean, it's literally the same as his Quirk, and that runs off of orange juice, so it's totally doable.
What I said to my friends, with prep time a lot of characters are ridiculously easy to take out if we think logically, and it gets better for us when we take off the hero constraints like “don’t kill” and the such

All might and Endeavor have no poison res do they? And the Todoroki residence was public knowledge to Ending. Get someone in there and poison the food.

Without the carbon fibers he had to be brought in A special plane, Best Jeanists clothes would be destroyed by most fire, so be as much of an arsonist as you want (and just go nude, so he can’t use Yours).

Eraser is as good as quirkless in a fight with someone who is quirkless, Midnight can be countered by a gas mask, the List goes on

Eraser is as good as quirkless in a fight with someone who is quirkless, Midnight can be countered by a gas mask, the List goes on
All someone would have to do is pull up with a revolver, and they'd go bye-bye.

They might be good enough to dodge the bullet, but if you can get in point-blank? It's over.

All someone would have to do is pull up with a revolver, and they'd go bye-bye.

They might be good enough to dodge the bullet, but if you can get in point-blank? It's over.
With how we rate them some of them actually could (eraser being the best example)

Yeah bullets are treated as jokes in MHA for any superhuman character. The only way a gun user would truly be great would be if they had Nagant’s bullets or a rifle that could fire at similar speeds
And especially since it’s been stated (as of right now) that she’s the best sharp shooter of all of Japan I doubt any normal gun or bullet without any enhancements would be able to hit anyone in the high tier.

Yeah bullets are treated as jokes in MHA for any superhuman character. The only way a gun user would truly be great would be if they had Nagant’s bullets or a rifle that could fire at similar speeds
Makes me wonder how bullets are such a big threat in One Piece, which has relativistic low tiers

I call BS

Should Shinso scale to High 8-C+, since he could blatantly stagger Shishida by hitting him with a metal pipe, whereas Koda couldn’t even harm or move him with his punches?

Should Shinso scale to High 8-C+, since he could blatantly stagger Shishida by hitting him with a metal pipe, whereas Koda couldn’t even harm or move him with his punches?
He dropped a heavy object on his head and took him by surprise. I'm not shocked that he managed to stagger him with that, but that wouldn't make him Shishida's equal.

He dropped a heavy object on his head and took him by surprise. I'm not shocked that he managed to stagger him with that, but that wouldn't make him Shishida's equal.
Not saying he’d be Shishida’s equal, but that attack affected him more than Koda punches did, and we scale Koda to High 8-C+

So Shishida > Shinso > Koda

Not saying he’d be Shishida’s equal, but that attack affected him more than Koda punches did, and we scale Koda to High 8-C+

So Shishida > Shinso > Koda
The only reason Koda scales to High 8-C+ is because Tsuyu scales to Shishida who scales to High 8-C+. So you'd be saying:

Shishida > Shinso > Koda > Tsuyu ~ Shishida.

The only reason Koda scales to High 8-C+ is because Tsuyu scales to Shishida who scales to High 8-C+. So you'd be saying:

Shishida > Shinso > Koda > Tsuyu ~ Shishida.
I mean even without Shinso scaling, the chain is really weird because Koda couldn’t harm Shishida with his punches, and Tsuyu can knock out Shishida, but Koda > Tsuyu?

Last edited:
Back