• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

There are no laser feats. Aoyama scales to literally everyone and so regardless of it being a laser or not is unimportant.

Movie laser don't exist, energy weapon doesn't equal laser. Also the lasers are dodged by Rody who lacks any physical Quirk. Also with the HD scenes Izuku dodging those energy weapon, assuming they're lasers, would put Izuku at FTL actually. Rody would be Relativistic+.

Can someone provide the time where it was stated that those weapons were light/lasers?

Shigaraki vs Star, there is nothing suggesting Star reacted to the lasers. (They don't have enough evidence anyway), and Shigaraki never avoided them either.

People like to make up laser feats but they don't exist. Only the jets are possible, and even then there are obvious issues.
Sounds like argument from incredulity

But the "lasers" did reflect off of real world mirrors, which is strong evidence for light speed. I don't care if mha gets FTL or not, but the current speed of the verse is being downplayed

But the "lasers" did reflect off of real world mirrors, which is strong evidence for light speed. I don't care if mha gets FTL or not, but the current speed of the verse is being downplayed
They aren't real world mirrors.

Interesting that no one points out that they're connected to Flect's Quirk, which reflects everything that touches him. I have the manga booklet thing that came out as well, and even in the movie you can see Flect fire out the energy he reflects through the "mirrors". Yet no one mentioned him shooting air out of those "mirrors".

"Arachne, reflection-control exoskeleton" From the manga book thing. The exoskeleton is literally tied to his reflect Quirk. No duh they're connected, why would natural mirrors be the same color as Flect's Quirk? Flect's skin is normal, but is blue when his reflect Quirk is activated. The same color as the mirrors.

Nothing stated in universe that they were mirrors in the first place. Mirrors aren't blue, the reflect like and show a reflection of the environment. If they are mirrors, that means they're only reflecting blue light and absorbing all the other light, but they reflect red lasers?

Edit: Quirk Relfect: "It allows the user to reflect all types of energy. He usually wears an exoskeletal device called Arachne that controls reflection, changes the direction of energy, and maintains his balance in the air."

Another points out to the "mirror" that floats underneath his foot when he starts flying. Stating that it makes him float by reversing the impact.

People saw energy weapons being fired and bouncing around on disc shape objects and just jumped to lasers and mirrors. When the objects are never called mirrors, even in the book they are labeled as part of his exoskeleton. The energy weapons are never called lasers, and are dodged by non super human characters.

While Izuku was only hit by them when Flect made their movements hard to follow with his Reflect Quirk. Meaning the attacks weren't that fast.

Last edited:
Not all fictional lasers are lightspeed. Thinking they are because they share 1 characteristic of a real life laser is just hilarious.

Izuku took more than 3 seconds to catch-up to a slow moving train. Yet he’s relativetic? Rody too I guess since he can move comparable to Izuku and the “lasers”… yet uses a train to escape. Hmm.

Lightspeed trains confirmed. Same energy as “MHA has future guns so they’re way faster”.

Honestly, we can make relativistic/light speed/FTL MHA work, as long as everyone of us will commit to being completely dishonest, then make a blog that puts all the supposed instances of light speed as the absolute priority because "these feats can't be ignored" while ignoring every single contradiction or evidences against the matter. Maybe add a few databook scans too while we're at it.

It can work, but I doubt most people here are willing to go that far or even considered doing something like that in the first place. Because that's something we shouldn't even do.

Laser which breaks many rule of FTL lasers and is an outlier anyway: powerscaler salivates over.

Numerous feats of characters being comparable to, or slower than bullets: “uhhhh they’re just future guns, they’re clearly FTL bullets, even though it’s never stated or shown anywhere.”

Laser which breaks many rule of FTL lasers and is an outlier anyway: powerscaler salivates over.

Numerous feats of characters being comparable to, or slower than bullets: “uhhhh they’re just future guns, they’re clearly FTL bullets, even though it’s never stated or shown anywhere.”
I can't really say much about MHA being FTL or even light-speed but...

You'd honestly have to be blind to think that they're not even Sub Relativistic.

CRTs aside, the implications about Nagant's bullets alone would suggest that they might be nearing Relativistic speeds. No normal bullet is capable of generating enough momentum to decelerate someone traveling at supersonic speeds.

CRTs aside, the implications about Nagant's bullets alone would suggest that they might be nearing Relativistic speeds. No normal bullet is capable of generating enough momentum to decelerate someone traveling at supersonic speeds.
You act like Horikoshi is even thinking about such things.

You want that to be accepted, you need to get calc group members to agree with your method.

Not trying to put down the wiki, but remember that this is never going to be 100% accurate. Since physics don't work the same way in fiction as they do in the real world. Izuku and any other character at his tier should be generating so much heat that they'd vaporized anything they punched.

They all should be glowing, incapable of hearing each other as they move faster than sound, and all be immune to bullets. Tying real world physics to fictional stories, made by authors who don't think about this stuff, will always be inaccurate.

Unless we get a distance and timeframe for a speed feat from the series itself, or they give us actual numbers. It'd be impossible to calculate any feat.

Not putting the wiki down, but I hope people realize how absurd the concept this wiki runs off of is. And that all of this is for fun, and try not to take it seriously.

Note: Haven't seen your calc, nor do I care to. So I don't actually know if you're numbers are right, as I don't know what they are.

Last edited:
I can't really say much about MHA being FTL or even light-speed but...

You'd honestly have to be blind to think that they're not even Sub Relativistic.

It’s also impossible for a human to generate flame which melts concrete into slag from their skin without instantly evaporating into nothingness.

But here we are. Welcome to MHA. A world where a kid can be born with a fully functioning gun in their arm.

I’m sure Horikoshi busted out his protractor, calculator and ruler when Nagant shot Izuku and did exact calculations to make sure it made sense tho. We should ask him.

Also thinking about making a profile for Burnin in the future.

She'll probably get actual stats in future chapters, if not then I won't bother since she'd just be Unknown.

Also our entire premise as a wiki is pretty funky. But I still find it fun all the same, despite the fact that we're applying some real life logic and not others. Like 99% of all authors don't know how much energy would be required to break a wall of a certain size. But we still do it all the same.

Sometimes things are obvious. Like if a character with a known weight, moves at a stated speed, and is stated to be taking advantage of kinetic energy. That should be obvious to anyone who has access to google. I think Fire Force's rating comes from something like that, where the KE formula is even shown in the chapter.

I feel like there should be a rule: “if the feat is a massive outlier, and there is no indication the author put any scientific thought into it, then it should be discarded as a feat on the basis of not making sense.”

But hey. Outliers are pretty cool and make the wiki numbers go hiiiigh. So go crazy.

Outlier is such a subjective thing. And like the majority of author don't put any thoughts into feats, they draw/write what they see as cool.

But higher number doesn't equal outlier. Since even lower number feats can be outliers, and we don't always take Word of God either. Basically it's all a case by case sort of thing, since characters wouldn't have any feats accepted since they'd be higher than previous.

Something being an outlier based on numbers alone isn't a thing, and isn't where outliers come from. It's when something doesn't make sense period. 5% Izuku and others being lightspeed isn't a problem because the number is high. But that we know for a fact these characters aren't at the level of speed.

If we had 5% Izuku being human speed would also be an outlier as well, since we know he isn't that slow.

Last edited:
Timmy got banned because he didn't learn his lesson from his first ban.

Insulting people, and obviously trying to start drama by going on to other threads to insult the series the thread is about is no good. For a first time offence this wouldn't be 6 months, but Timmy had been banned beforehand, so six months was used because it seems like he was still aggressive towards others.

I know that people get to heated about this site, but if you're getting that heated at all you should probably take like 5 minutes to relax and calm down. Telling people they have no life and have serious problems because they've been on this site for 7 years isn't proper behavior.

Or that they should admit that they lack social skills to proceed in real life.

Her arm was stretched out and she said “LASER” in a small text bubble as it reached her
Can you provide proof that she reacted before she was hit?

Because the scan shows her being hit and the laser text bubble in the same panel. Meaning we have no idea which one came first.

They aren't accepted as real lasers yet either, though I personally think they are lightspeed

Fortunately the jet ones break none

Also don’t see why the jets aren’t considered light speed even though they travel in a straight line, actually function normally (they don’t cause explosions or cuts, they cause burning on impact)

Fortunately the jet ones break none

Also don’t see why the jets aren’t considered light speed even though they travel in a straight line, actually function normally (they don’t cause explosions or cuts, they cause burning on impact)
People cringe at the idea of light speed mha but see baseline MHS and think that's fine

Why do people keep acting like traveling in a straight line is proof of anything?

The page about lasers says that it doesn't mean anything either. "Please note that the opposite of these criteria do not prove a beam is at lightspeed, merely that it could be, should it meet the first list of criteria. Should there be great evidence in favor of the light being real or lightspeed, comparably minor showing against it being real can be overruled."

Not traveling in a straight line is one of the criteria to prove a laser isn't lightspeed, not the other way around. Exploding also doesn't mean it isn't a laser, that isn't on the page and lasers can cause explosions via intense rapid super heating.

The Jet lasers only real proof of being lightspeed is that Shigaraki used Quirks called reflection. Note: I admit the reflect Shigaraki uses is actually written down differently compared to Flect's Quirk from the movie. Shigaraki's reflect actually means the reflection from like a mirror or something.

But that isn't enough, since a super natural reflection doesn't equal a natural reflection. And that is it, there is nothing else to suggest they are lightspeed. Once again I personally believe they are, but that is irrelevant to the wiki rules

The Jet lasers only real proof of being lightspeed is that Shigaraki used Quirks called reflection. Note: I admit the reflect Shigaraki uses is actually written down differently compared to Flect's Quirk from the movie. Shigaraki's reflect actually means the reflection from like a mirror or something.
Origin thing is also fairly realistic, these are futuristic combat jets

Origin thing is also fairly realistic, these are futuristic combat jets
That isn't what origin means. Or else literally every laser weapon would fill in the property, making it worthless.

They use a camera flash as a subject of realistic origin of light. Considering in reality that laser weapons are basically worthless, can't really use them as a reference just yet.

Basically they have almost nothing, since super natural mirror isn't as good as an actual mirror. And their origin is the same as any laser weapon in sci fi.

Last edited:
They aren't real world mirrors.

Interesting that no one points out that they're connected to Flect's Quirk, which reflects everything that touches him. I have the manga booklet thing that came out as well, and even in the movie you can see Flect fire out the energy he reflects through the "mirrors". Yet no one mentioned him shooting air out of those "mirrors".

"Arachne, reflection-control exoskeleton" From the manga book thing. The exoskeleton is literally tied to his reflect Quirk. No duh they're connected, why would natural mirrors be the same color as Flect's Quirk? Flect's skin is normal, but is blue when his reflect Quirk is activated. The same color as the mirrors.

Nothing stated in universe that they were mirrors in the first place. Mirrors aren't blue, the reflect like and show a reflection of the environment. If they are mirrors, that means they're only reflecting blue light and absorbing all the other light, but they reflect red lasers?

Edit: Quirk Relfect: "It allows the user to reflect all types of energy. He usually wears an exoskeletal device called Arachne that controls reflection, changes the direction of energy, and maintains his balance in the air."

Another points out to the "mirror" that floats underneath his foot when he starts flying. Stating that it makes him float by reversing the impact.

People saw energy weapons being fired and bouncing around on disc shape objects and just jumped to lasers and mirrors. When the objects are never called mirrors, even in the book they are labeled as part of his exoskeleton. The energy weapons are never called lasers, and are dodged by non super human characters.

While Izuku was only hit by them when Flect made their movements hard to follow with his Reflect Quirk. Meaning the attacks weren't that fast.
do you have the booklet on hand by chance

I mostly agree with what Rusty says here. We all are just trying to find the most reasonable middle ground of the extent of which we can apply our own logic, maths and physics to fictional works that likely didn't even take these things mentioned into consideration.

For the most part, things are found acceptable because they have tangible, observable factors with the least number of assumptions. At least that is the principle I apply in battleboarding and that's the principle I've seen reasonable people adhere to.

People cringe at the idea of light speed mha but see baseline MHS and think that's fine
Baseline MHS? As in, the upper and highest tiers in the verse going all out barely reaching MHS??

Yeah, I’m sure they could reach relativistic if they tried a little harder. (Sarcasm.)

But as it stands, MHA isn’t ever touching lightspeed and never will outside of VERY wonky fan calcs using the crumbiest of logic as justification, see: “Star caught a laser even though it’s already slammed into her before she did anything, also didn’t just dodge it or side step, and the laser was sustained and has mass so isn’t a laser.”

Back