• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

There's also the case of the laser being a beam rather than a single, short projectile.
It's easier to make contact with the former without having to directly scale to it.

Ultimately we'll have to wait for the anime anyways, assuming it's ever accepted as light speed.

F
on technicality Star reacted to it because she caught it, only hitting her because she has to touch the object to make a rule.
That’s assuming the laser isn’t sustained and that it would disappear in a literal instant after it fired. Which we’re not shown nor stated. In fact, the fact she could hold it for a few seconds, long enough for her mask to fly off and her cape to flap around, shows the laser was sustained.

I don't get how one can say Star didn't react to the lasers. Even if we pretend Star had her arms at her chest already waiting for the laser, the fact is she made the rule to hold the laser only after she caught it.

Now maybe Star has greater durability compared to Shigaraki (doubt it), but we did see the lasers go through Shigaraki's stomach. If Star did not make the rule fast enough, the same might have happened to her.

It's either Star durability >> Shigaraki or she was indeed fast enough to react and make a rule on the laser before taking damage.
Shigaraki was hit by, like, 8 lasers at once. Star was hit by 1 after it probably lost a lot of energy from being reflected. They are not comparable.

It’s also inconsistent, since Shigaraki later somehow survives all the lasers from all jets combined into one super spear literally enveloping him.

She didn’t react to the laser because she simply did not. The feat does not exist. She is also shown to have burn marks, so it DID hit her before she could grab it. Her mask literally falls off.

That’s assuming the laser isn’t sustained and that it would disappear in a literal instant after it fired. Which we’re not shown nor stated. In fact, the fact she could hold it for a few seconds, long enough for her mask to fly off and her cape to flap around, shows the laser was sustained.
Yeah, that’s why I said on technicality. Because she did hold it and did seem to catch it, but we all know that she didn’t catch it in time to stop it fully

Note that the lasers by themselves only really burned Shigaraki's chest.

They didn't pierce through him, that's nothing but a cool visual effect. Like how Endeavor's Vanishing Fist attack seemed to go right through Shigaraki, but the attack didn't actually go right through him. As the next time we see him, his chest is burn but no fist size hole is there.

Shigaraki wasn't shown with a hole through his chest, just that his chest was healing burns from being hit. Like when Endeavor's Jet Burn seem to go through Hood in that panel, but in the next chapter he clearly doesn't have any hole through him. And the smoke is only coming from his front, and he's still reeling back from the attack.

The lasers didn't really drill a hole through him.

Note that the lasers by themselves only really burned Shigaraki's chest.

They didn't pierce through him, that's nothing but a cool visual effect. Like how Endeavor's Vanishing Fist attack seemed to go right through Shigaraki, but the attack didn't actually go right through him. As the next time we see him, his chest is burn but no fist size hole is there.

Shigaraki wasn't shown with a hole through his chest, just that his chest was healing burns from being hit. Like when Endeavor's Jet Burn seem to go through Hood in that panel, but in the next chapter he clearly doesn't have any hole through him. And the smoke is only coming from his front, and he's still reeling back from the attack.

The lasers didn't really drill a hole through him.
sad

If Twitter was scaling MHA it would be crazy:
"Breaking into particles is considered hypersonic? Even Anime deku is Speed of light lmao💀 bakugou is 2% SoL via creating tornadoes"

Just saw 3 SoL tweets in a few seconds.

Another one: "Deku is a definite yes, current deku scales to island+ and has sub relative speed"

Holy shit on this one: "They have large island level destructive capacity but multi-continental Attack potency oh and also how are they outliers? They seem pretty consistent cause 100% deku was moving at the speed of light while 45% deku was moving faster than lightning"

Last edited:
Deku must subdue Korosensei long enough for Mineta to stab him in the heart, which would take around 30 seconds.

Korosensei must evade Deku. He can win by escaping the city or killing/knocking out Deku. He is armed with a knife, 20 smoke bombs, a copy of Nagant’s rifle with 20 bullets and an Alien Isolation motion tracker.

Can he survive?

Deku must subdue Korosensei long enough for Mineta to stab him in the heart, which would take around 30 seconds.

Korosensei must evade Deku. He can win by escaping the city or killing/knocking out Deku. He is armed with a knife, 20 smoke bombs, a copy of Nagant’s rifle with 20 bullets and an Alien Isolation motion tracker.

Can he survive?
One difference between speed in Assassination Classroom and speed in MHA is that we have hard numbers for Koro Sensei's speed while with Deku it's all speculation and scaling. We don't have any actual numbers for Deku's speed at any OFA percentage.

bqv03syvzfq11.png

looking cool deku

Just don't know where the hell they could get FTL in demon slayer , like there sure ain't any calc who would get that high even with stacking , and there is also no light based attack from what i can remember

Through scaling like mitsuri blitz lightning and akaza is faster than her and muzan is much faster than akaza so he is lightspeed and scales to current prime tanjiro I did not write exact name due to spoilers.
Bruh , imagine getting lightspeed by upscaling from lightning speed

I'm tired of all these sad sob stories I want to see action, I want to see new quirk awakenings I want to see Deku do a Tier 6 feat in the manga then do a Tier 5 feat in the final battle

I'm tired of all these sad sob stories I want to see action, I want to see new quirk awakenings I want to see Deku do a Tier 6 feat in the manga then do a Tier 5 feat in the final battle
I like backstory, and it’s building character because we’re in the end now, so this is the last chance to show it. But yeah I wanna see Deku go Mach 5000

Would the dark deku arc would have been successful if class A did not show up. Thoughts.
In terms of sales it's the most successful arc, but I think it should have been longer.

Maybe there will be a movie about it though.

When Izuku looks towards Gigantomachia when Danger Sense first activated, isn’t he just reacting to the sound of the massive cables snapping and not Danger Sense telling him the exact location?

Back