• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Should DEKU get “danger sense won’t pick up danger from inanimate objects” to his weaknesses? Since danger sense is clearly about sensing emotions and feelings, not things. Which is why it didn’t go off in the mansion. AFO himself wasn’t in range, so the bomb didn’t get sensed, since there’s no emotion to sense.

I’m starting to think that if the attack isn’t going to harm Deku as in do any damage to him danger sense won’t go off like how he got slammed into a wall and danger sense never went off

I’m starting to think that if the attack isn’t going to harm Deku as in do any damage to him danger sense won’t go off like how he got slammed into a wall and danger sense never went off
Yet it went off when normal civilians were shouting at him without even attacking…

All Might in vigilantes parted the clouds with sheer movement speed, then created enough afterimages to punch every clone of Six at the exact same time?

That impressive, or nothing compared to what we already have??

We aren't going to be changing the profiles for awhile.

But at this point it does seem like Danger Sense activates via sensing harmful/malicious intent. Being tossed through buildings didn't activate Danger Sense since Tokoyami didn't want to hurt him. It did activate against a bunch of angry people who weren't going to hurt him, they just really hated him at that moment.

Toga's attacks should be alerting Danger Sense, but it doesn't since she doesn't see her attacks against him as malicious or harmful, to her it's love.

Danger Sense not trigger when the bomb when off is another thing. Cause I'm pretty sure before the projector exploded, it make a "klik" noise. Since Danger Sense didn't activate there despite the bomb about to explode, it seems like Danger Sense cannot warn him of things that don't have any intent. Though we aren't fully certain on this.

Though maybe it works differently than I'm thinking...

We aren't going to be changing the profiles for awhile.

But at this point it does seem like Danger Sense activates via sensing harmful/malicious intent. Being tossed through buildings didn't activate Danger Sense since Tokoyami didn't want to hurt him. It did activate against a bunch of angry people who weren't going to hurt him, they just really hated him at that moment.

Toga's attacks should be alerting Danger Sense, but it doesn't since she doesn't see her attacks against him as malicious or harmful, to her it's love.

Danger Sense not trigger when the bomb when off is another thing. Cause I'm pretty sure before the projector exploded, it make a "klik" noise. Since Danger Sense didn't activate there despite the bomb about to explode, it seems like Danger Sense cannot warn him of things that don't have any intent. Though we aren't fully certain on this.

Though maybe it works differently than I'm thinking...
i absolutely agree with this take

So, danger sense can’t sense dangerous objects, but can sense malicious intent from people.

Can’t sense Toga. Can’t sense Toga’s knife. Can’t sense Bomb.

Can sense danger from people who realistically can’t even scratch him. Can’t sense being slammed through glass and concrete, since there’s no real dangerous emotion behind it. Can sense Nagant‘s bullets, but he might’ve just been sensing her since she’s nearby, and can sense the bullets through her. They’re also made from her, so maybe that plays a part in it.

Can sense danger from people who realistically can’t even scratch him. Can’t sense being slammed through glass and concrete, since there’s no real dangerous emotion behind it. Can sense Nagant‘s bullets, but he might’ve just been sensing her since she’s nearby, and can sense the bullets through her. They’re also made from her, so maybe that plays a part in it.
A bullet fired by someone will likely have hostile intent.

People who have such an ability, can also detect projectiles fired from a person. Hair doesn't have an thoughts or malicious intent itself. As long as no malicious/harmful intent was placed onto an attack, Danger Sense should not be able to warn him. That Demon Slayer character would be immune to Danger Sense.

Since Danger Sense tells him the direction of the "danger" as well. But he didn't know where Nagant was until her second shot. And when she fires her second shot, Izuku doesn't get any warning about it until it got closer to him. So he was sensing the hostile intent in the bullets, as they were fired with the intent to harm him.

Also that is why her warning shot didn't receive a warning, since she wasn't intending to harm him there.

If danger sense warns him of danger’s direction, wouldn’t he have instantly known where she was during her auto-firing, instead of tracking the trajectory?

I always thought danger sense only told him danger was in the area, not the exact location and direction.

One may reply with the time of Gigantomachia, but I always figured that was him sensing that danger, having a look around, then happening to see the very obvious danger of the giant man getting even bigger.

Izuku is able to react to attacks that come from behind him.

(Chapter 314) Nagant breaks out of his grip, shoots herself away from him and starts talking. Izuku while looking at her move away into the shadows and still hearing her speak, has Danger Sense activate and he avoids a bullet from behind. There is no way for Izuku to tell that Nagant would've curved a bullet as she was talking, to come up right behind him. In fact he was shocked that it came from behind him, when he can hear her in front of him.

Every time she shoots him from behind, he is able to instantly react to it. How exactly could any of that happen if it didn't tell him the direction? Izuku would have no way of knowing where the bullet would come from and get shot.

He didn't sense Nagant, but he sensed her bullets after they got within a certain distance. We see her fire a bullet, and Danger Sense doesn't activate until a later moment. When it curves around the building.

(Chapter 318) Danger Sense goes off, and Izuku looks in a certain direction and jumps over there. He doesn't look around the area, he instantly looks in a certain direction and jumps in that same direction.

I think it's very safe to assume he can tell the direction of the danger as well. I don't see how you'd come to the conclusion that it doesn't tell him where it comes from.

Danger sense activates and he can’t see anything in front of him. Wouldn’t the most basic response to assume it came from behind?
Not at all, he... he's in the air. It can come from below or above him. Or come from the side, just a little outside of his vision.

Also the bullets are faster than him normally. I imagine it'd be difficult for him to track bullets in the dark while it's raining. Danger Sense helps him know where the bullets come from so he can calculate their trajectory and find Lady Nagant.

Very obvious here. Provide evidence of the contrary. Like am I just being really stupid right now and not remembering something? Considering how Izuku reacts, until new information comes out we have no reason to assume otherwise. Basically makes Smokescreen even worse for himself, since now he can't even see what his Danger Sense is reacting to and it apparently doesn't even tell him the direction it came from.

Yeah no... Need more evidence.

Last edited:
Chapter 308 - Page 9: Deku was able to sense Muscular coming from the Smokescreen, when he was looking at a difference direction.

During chapter 318, Deku used his Danger Sense to find civilians in danger (or maybe he just sensed the bloodlust of the villains) the point is that Danger Sense does gives him the direction where the "danger" is coming from.

Deku blitzed Eren in the latest chapter, might calculate this feat for the lols.

Last edited:
Chapter 308 - Page 9: Deku was able to sense Muscular coming from the Smokescreen, when he was looking at a difference direction.

During chapter 318, Deku used his Danger Sense to find civilians in danger (or maybe he just sensed the bloodlust of the villains) the point is that Danger Sense does gives him the direction where the "danger" is coming from.

Deku blitzed Eren in the latest chapter, might calculate this feat for the lols.
Deku solos your favorite Verse.

Should DEKU get “danger sense won’t pick up danger from inanimate objects” to his weaknesses? Since danger sense is clearly about sensing emotions and feelings, not things. Which is why it didn’t go off in the mansion. AFO himself wasn’t in range, so the bomb didn’t get sensed, since there’s no emotion to sense.
Is that really a weakness when those things aren't in it's quirk definition in the first place? It's a quirk that detects malice.

It's like saying a power that puts out fires has a weakness to electricity cause it can't snuff it out. If it isn't part of the power description does it really matter.

We can at least put down what it can and can't react to. We already got a really good deal on how this Quirk works, there really is only one question left. That'd be how it'd react to natural danger like a lighting strike or something.

It's a weakness though. Since things that cannot produce hostile intent won't activate danger sense. There are also people like Toga who can get around it. People who truly believe that hurting or even killing someone isn't malicious at all, won't set off Danger Sense.

Izuku was put up against someone in Demon Slayer when he was still 8-A. But the guy had an ability to completely remove his malicious and hostile intent, which made super natural abilities that relied on sensing/detecting malicious intent not work on him. People like that would also be immune to his Danger Sense.

Like if Izuku somehow fought All Might in a friendly sparring match, All Might likely wouldn't set off Danger Sense at all. It is a weakness that should be explain when we get around to changing profiles in the future. Lacking any type of malicious intent allow people to attack Izuku without setting it off.

Very specific weakness, but a weakness none the same.

Is that really a weakness when those things aren't in it's quirk definition in the first place? It's a quirk that detects malice.

It's like saying a power that puts out fires has a weakness to electricity cause it can't snuff it out. If it isn't part of the power description does it really matter.
It’s a fact of his power which can be exploited; see, the mansion explosion. If that was a nuclear bomb and not some off brand Bakugo tier explosion DEKU would’ve died.

So I’d call it a weakness, yeah.

I think that the 2nd’s quirk has to be something more complex than like a projectile or healing. It’s been described as a very powerful ability, but a specific oneI’m fully sure that it’s gonna be a hax ability.

Fate manip confirmed?

I think that the 2nd’s quirk has to be something more complex than like a projectile or healing. It’s been described as a very powerful ability, but a specific oneI’m fully sure that it’s gonna be a hax ability.

Fate manip confirmed?
Possibly energy projection? Green Lantern Deku
I just like that idea

The chapter is called ”Battle Flame” and they just happen to talk about the quirk which is hinted to come from the hands and has propulsive properties? Hmmmm.

Yeah, Dabi and Todoroki were there too, but they didn’t even battle. Shhh.

Danger Sense didn’t activate when Nagant exploded, so that’s another weakness to exploit.

“Danger Sense will not activate if the opponent has no real malice or intent to hurt Deku, which can catch him off-guard” is what it currently says on his weaknesses.

”Intent to hurt Deku” should be changed since Toga was literally trying to stab him. She was intending to hurt him, but thats how she makes love. Or something. He also couldn’t sense her stabbing Uraraka.

”Danger Sense won’t pick up danger which has no malice or evil emotion behind it, despite it being capable of harming him”, should be added to his weaknesses.

His quirk “evolved” into a “unique power”.

Dabi’s quirk evolved.

Ergo, second is a Todoroki ancestor and Deku’s going to get blue flame, or something even hotter, due to OFA’s influence. Maybe straight up plasma?
As much as I think fire would be really cool I feel like it’s going to be more complex, since it was said to be specific, and it’s his last quirk and all

Back