• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Laser have kinetic/movement mass. Light can even push things if the laser has enough power.

Just not mass in the conventional way.

Atomic, stop trying to bring up drama. The lasers aren't accepted anyway but you feel like you need to prove something. You always do this, you continue to bring up points regardless of the fact we dropped them. I do not want to have any issues with you, or have issues pop up.

The lasers are not going to be lightspeed, they have no proof. End of this discussion.

Bringing up a fact of a manga to powerscale, then responding to someone who replied to me, isn’t drama.

If anything, you’re the only one trying to make this ‘dramatical’ for no reason. So, don’t.

My apologies if I offended you in anyway.

That was not my intention, I just don't want any issues to arise. Once again, my bad if I came out that way.

Can you provide proof that she reacted before she was hit?

Because the scan shows her being hit and the laser text bubble in the same panel. Meaning we have no idea which one came first.

They aren't accepted as real lasers yet either, though I personally think they are lightspeed
We're really gonna have to wait for season 7 of the anime huh

Hey if a statement like his power equals to the tiamat missile comes do you thing it will scale to deku.
Not until Izuku fights him, since we aren't going to scale him to Shigaraki without actual scaling. I assume you mean Shigaraki being that powerful.

so do you guys think s6 will cover only the war arc or war arc plus villain hunt
The War Arc isn't all that long, and many of the chapters are fight scenes which go by quicker. Unless they really bloat out the war arc with a bunch of extra battles, I don't see how we don't get the villain hunt arc as well.

Season 5 ended around Chapter 258, parts weren't shown but that where Season 6 should be starting. The War Arc ends in chapter 306, which is around 48 chapters. The Yakuza Arc was 122 to 162, which is 40 chapters. While Villain Hunt went from 307 to 328, which is only 27 chapters.

I don't know where it will end. The final episode being All For One's now it's your turn speech to Izuku is possible. But the War Arc can't cover an entire season by itself.

War Arc won't last for more than 18 episodes, even with padding. But who knows, Bones could fully adapt how One Piece anime gets produced.

The War Arc honestly went too fast and it would be great if certain fight scenes are shown, others get extended, and more scenes that adds to the the story is added as anime-original scenes. But I don't trust Bones to be capable of that.
There's a higher chance they'll put a random beach episode in the middle of the season than a well-written anime-original scenes.

I find it funny how some people think Bakugo using full cowling in movie 2 is a “plot hole”.

Full Cowling is literally just turning the quirk on. The most basic level of use. The entire point was that Deku saw quirks as something way more special than they are. But I guess some people like to create nitpicks.

What was more of plot hole to people other than that was one for all returning to deku.
But hey, the manga clarified why this was the case later

OFA wanted to stay with Deku because it couldn't be passed on to people with Quirks anymore alongside the fact they believe Deku is most worthy

Strange how it still isn't confirmed if AFO has a regeneration quirk or even a defensive quirk that prevents him from being roasted by Flashfire attacks.

Though it's obvious that MHA takes some liberties portraying burn damage. Characters with regeneration tend to have worse and grislier wounds (Nomus, Shigaraki) than those without them (Hawks, Deku).

AFO can't take a hit to his head, he needs oxygen and that mask it what gives it to him. If he loses that mask, no super regen is going to save him from his brain dying of oxygen loss. I just want to see if Endeavor can survive a single attack from AFO, since I know people who say AFO can one shot him with the same Air Cannon he used on All Might.

If Hawks' blades do end up cutting AFO, would we give Hawks a 7-A rating via those weapons? (His blades are sharp enough to injure All For One) Something like that.

Real curious to know if he has regen, I assume he would because why not?

Strange how it still isn't confirmed if AFO has a regeneration quirk or even a defensive quirk that prevents him from being roasted by Flashfire attacks.

Though it's obvious that MHA takes some liberties portraying burn damage. Characters with regeneration tend to have worse and grislier wounds (Nomus, Shigaraki) than those without them (Hawks, Deku).
Characters with regen have a tendency to take more damage than they should TBH

Last edited:
Hawks implies he could’ve killed or injured AFO with that slash. Yet he can’t injure High Ends that well.

So either Hawks said that for nothing and is being dumb dumb or AFO is less durable than his latest High Ends?

Hawks implies he could’ve killed or injured AFO with that slash. Yet he can’t injure High Ends that well.

So either Hawks said that for nothing and is being dumb dumb or AFO is less durable than his latest High Ends?
I believe AFO would be less durable than High-Ends, also it may not mean much but Endeavor didn't have high hopes for Hawks either.

However Hood had regeneration, that was Hawks' issue. His feathers did pierce into Hood's arm. Just that he has no way of actually putting Hood down. If Hood didn't have regen it may've been possible for Hawks to kill him.

Also Hawks isn't using his feathers right now, he's using actual blades. So they could be sharper than his feather swords.

Last edited:
Can we allow Deku to use 5 to 8 percents keys in his final act arc key? It will just be for vs matches, we don't have to add anything to the profiles

It's also possible for Nomus to have hardened skin that's more resistant to piercing attacks, while All For One doesn't.

I too want to have a confirmation whether or not All For One has super regeneration. Shock Absorption would be extremely useful too, but AFO doesn't seem to have it.
My theory was that super regeneration was one of the quirks too heavy for AFO's hard drive to adapt to, hence he doesn't appear to have that quirk. But this doesn't have much basis currently.

There is no way he doesn't have super-regen. As for durability quirks, he obviously has them but we will have to wait to see him in battle. Unlike Shigaraki, AFO doesn't have perfected Nomu body or hardened Nomu skin so the only way he is tanking anything is with strength and durability enhancing quirks.

Considering we only have seen Nomu or Nomu-like beings having any regen whatsoever, AFO may not have regeneration. Being a Nomu could be the only way to have that sort of quirk and survive.

Otherwise, I’m not sure why AFO or AFO-Shigaraki haven’t just given every LOV member a copy of Regeneration. Would’ve helped Twice a tonne, and Dabi. We know he can give quirks to others with no real downsides, as Nagant showed.

I don't get how one can say Star didn't react to the lasers. Even if we pretend Star had her arms at her chest already waiting for the laser, the fact is she made the rule to hold the laser only after she caught it.

Now maybe Star has greater durability compared to Shigaraki (doubt it), but we did see the lasers go through Shigaraki's stomach. If Star did not make the rule fast enough, the same might have happened to her.

It's either Star durability >> Shigaraki or she was indeed fast enough to react and make a rule on the laser before taking damage.

That doesn't mean anything, and Lasers have nothing to do with durability. We already give Star heat resistance for that. Star has to come in contact with something before she says the name, regardless she takes the full brunt of the attack before she can make any rule.

And making a laser holdable wouldn't get rid of the heat it produces, yet she's just fine with holding it in her hand. She didn't lower it's temperature or something.

Nothing suggest Star reacted to the laser after it was already fired. And once again we do not accept the Jet's lasers as lightspeed, as they do not meet the requirements. As I already explained above, they kind of fit one requirement and that is Shigaraki's reflection Quirk. But magical based reflection isn't as solid of proof as an actual mirror.

So the discussion is mostly pointless, since I think you either need to meet three requirements. Or have one of them be pretty damn obvious. A statement of a laser being made of photons is basically proof by itself, as long as the visuals don't contradict it. Along with someone saying they move at lightspeed or whatever.

Back