• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I mean when he hit Meat ball guy with his lightning because he was kinda just stunned for a few seconds after the zap but then got over it
Although it’s other properties seem closer to irl electricity

although meat ball guy walking off the effects could just be due to Kaminari not trying to seriously Injure the guy and just incapacitate him as he’s used far more electricity than he did there
I guess we’d need more examples. I’ll look into it then

That's the same scene where Shigaraki mocked Endeavor and Ryukyu by raising his arm, while casually explaining to them how he can control his Decay, how he saved some of the Quirk-erasing bullets, and making a face as if it were the best day of his life.

latest
And Endeavor even had Ryukyu to break his fall. It was pretty clear that at the beginning of this fight, Shiggy was enjoying himself & just having fun. He only started going for the kill after his body started tearing apart and the first thing he did was oneshot Torino where before that, he really didn't hurt anyone seriously. At the beginning of the fight he was super confident since he didn't know his body had any weaknesses & the tearing hadn't set in.

Pointless discussion, Shigaraki isn't going to be Low 7-B.

Besides, that Shigaraki who's smiling is when he was stated to be All Might level. Without those statements he just scales above the people he's fought.

Last edited:
Ok the new chapter dropped and the official translation kinda solidified that Dabi is definitely going to broadcast on tv and likely expose Endeavor
I don’t know how Hero society will take Such a thing seeing the son of the number 1 hero being a murderer and in association with the villains who have been terrorizing Japan for almost a year

BTW, latest chapter basically confirms that pretty much every Quirk has vestiges within them, every Quirk has an imprint of the personality of the original user as well as any others who received the Quirk with it, that might explain how AFO took over so many people and gained their trust, if he ever gave someone a Quirk he had, his imprinted vestige would enter the person's body, so maybe his vestiges have spread all across all people he has given Quirks too and that's how he controls people like All Might said, this would also support while AFO would suggest giving Ragdoll back her Quirk, because he would be able to influence her to join his side

I think this is a pretty sold theory

BTW, latest chapter basically confirms that pretty much every Quirk has vestiges within them, every Quirk has an imprint of the personality of the original user as well as any others who received the Quirk with it, that might explain how AFO took over so many people and gained their trust, if he ever gave someone a Quirk he had, his imprinted vestige would enter the person's body, so maybe his vestiges have spread all across all people he has given Quirks too and that's how he controls people like All Might said, this would also support while AFO would suggest giving Ragdoll back her Quirk, because he would be able to influence her to join his side

I think this is a pretty sold theory
That would be so cool if that’s the case

Wait, the Mach 5.7 comes the multiplication of Overclock, which we dismissed because we didn't know how fast young Aizawa was, so instead of Mach 5.7, O'Clock should be Mach 7.15 from this feat.
That puts Rappa at Mach 7.5 as well, Overhaul scales above Rappa and 20% scales above him. Now this party’s getting wild.

Chapter basically explains everything about the vestiges. Even for AFO, the only way to get rid of them was getting rid of the quirk he stole in the first place. Battles in the vestige world rely mostly on will which AFO and his brother have plenty off.

Also for those who are wondering, Toga's question this chapter is the same as in the Provisional License arc where he asked Deku the same thing while masquerading as Cammie.

That puts Rappa at Mach 7.5 as well, Overhaul scales above Rappa and 20% scales above him. Now this party’s getting wild.
True this is insane if overhaul scales above Mach 7.5 and 20% Outpaced him to the point where Overhaul had to rely on Deku’s predictability to dodge that could result in Base Line Hypersonic+ For 20%(Which is Mach 10)

Why would having tougher gloves mean Deku is way stronger between arcs? An upgrade to his tech‘s dura shouldn’t mean anything for his actual attacks, and it’s not like he broke the gauntlets in Heroes Rising.

So, Gentle Arc 8% no longer has any reason to scale to the 8% in the Heroes Rising Movie. In chapter 194, Izuku states that his Gloves are a new pair, that Hatsume upgraded to take more of a beating. Which means the gloves he's using in the Heroes Rising movie, are more durable than the ones Lover Mode Gentle broke.

So what rating do the Overhaul Arc characters that scale to, just baseline High 8-C?

Edit: Deleted my post to see what that looked like.

No one has any reason to scale to Rappa, the feat is 10 Tons now anyway.

Last edited:
Why would having tougher gloves mean Deku is way stronger between arcs? An upgrade to his tech‘s dura shouldn’t mean anything for his actual attacks, and it’s not like he broke the gauntlets in Heroes Rising.
It's been two months since the Overhaul Arc, kinda weird to say Izuku didn't get any stronger. Not only that but 5% Izuku could hurt Bakugo, who also took a kick from 8% as well. Even stating the difference between 5% and 8% is small.

Wait a second... If a holder of a quirk is still alive and their quirk has been passed on down to someone, they can still be in the vestige world like AFO is demonstrating right now, correct? So could AM be in the vestige world?

Honestly its kind of hard to tell. We really can't predict what shiggy or deku is going to do after they just got launched pretty far away from each other from a blast, especially when AFO is trying to peer pressure Shiggy into fleeing. We can tell the PLA commanders are gonna have some kind of an encounter with either the crew with deku or the crew with Ochako. But as far as that I really don't know.

So this new chapter ... All For One seems to imply that all quirk users have a form of "mental immortality" I think Type 8 Immortality is close. It's not really combat applicable or anything, but it's an interesting thing to note. Typically the character's quirk dies when they do, but if stolen or passed on via AFO or OFA their consciousness seems to be preserved in that person. Another strange thing is that Toshinori/All Might has never had a form in these dreams likely BECAUSE of his lacking a quirk so he had nothing to pass on, though this is just a guess.

So shouldn't ofa and afo have limited soul or mind Manipulation because of how afo explained it and nanas vestige learning new information meaning yes their 'souls/minds' are traped inside of ofa

I don't think so. He's not actively controlling minds/souls as part of his Quirk stealing and giving, they're just an innate side-effect. He doesn't have any control over the vestiges.

Looks great, only thing is that my OCD is telling me that the "Higher" for 45% needs to be "higher"

Grammar wise, it's supposed to be lowercased

Looks great, only thing is that my OCD is telling me that the "Higher" for 45% needs to be "higher"

Grammar wise, it's supposed to be lowercased
... And I changed each mha profile from "higher" to "Higher" thinking it supposed to be that way, I will change it back.

Back