• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Well since the term is following a comma and not a period, it would have to be lower case

Honestly this is such a nitpick by me, but I get so bothered when I see incorrect capitalization šŸ˜‚

Should izuku have limited immortality (type 6: if he passes ofa he becomes a vestige inside of one for all and can learn new information as a vestige but he can't use this in battle)

Some matches need to be removed or remade due to the changes.

For Deku, Blossom and Griffin can go away as 8% isn't 8-C anymore, the Bart match is really skewed now, and MCU Spidey needs to get rematched since 20% was upgraded a long time ago.

Bakugo needs Captain America to go away since he one shots him now, and a rematch for Spidey and Iron Man. Not sure for his other High 8-C matches as I think those were more skilled based than stat.

Also, is Bakugo getting his bracers upgraded to 8-B?

Why, if you mean the Heroes Rising calc then no that calc is incorrect for a number of reason. Doesn't matter anyway since that's heat not force and nothing would scale to it since heat ignores durability. Although Bakugo's explosions barely show anything impressive when it comes to heat, excluding the 100% OFA Explosion.

He's never really burned anyone, and he's hit a lot of people with his explosions. I doubt all of these people can resistance heat that is far greater than what is needed to melt steel. Likely since the heat from Nitroglycerine last for less than a second, and doesn't actually heat up the air to 5000 degrees like the calc assumes.

That's 8-C, and that's beginning saga Bakugo as well. Using the ground burst formula gives us 3.7 Tons, which I guess would be an upgraded for his max explosions.

yeah, i know its for beginnings bakugo, i'm just looking for justification for his gauntlets to actually have a rating rather than no mention at all.

That way we can show why his normal explosions did nothing to Shigaraki in the current arc, yet his gauntlet actually stunned/hurt shiggy

Bakugo should get a higher rating for his max explosions anyway, and with the ground burst formula that attack becomes High 8-C.

Also Bakugo didn't hurt Shigaraki, his explosion just pushed him into the ground, which isn't impressive because Shigaraki was already in the air. It didn't do any more damage than Gran Torino did when he slammed Shigaraki into the ground.

But yes I thought we already agreed that Bakugo would get a higher rating for his maximum explosions.

well, alright then. Just wanted to bring that up since other characters haven't been mentioned in months due to the top tier scaling storm

Some matches need to be removed or remade due to the changes.

For Deku, Blossom and Griffin can go away as 8% isn't 8-C anymore, the Bart match is really skewed now, and MCU Spidey needs to get rematched since 20% was upgraded a long time ago.

Bakugo needs Captain America to go away since he one shots him now, and a rematch for Spidey and Iron Man. Not sure for his other High 8-C matches as I think those were more skilled based than stat.
I agree especially on the MCU Spider-Man re match

Wait, the Mach 5.7 comes the multiplication of Overclock, which we dismissed because we didn't know how fast young Aizawa was, so instead of Mach 5.7, O'Clock should be Mach 7.15 from this feat.
On a second thought, Number 6 performed this feat after being shot by Knuckleduster, which is certainly something I would consider an emergency situation, and Rappa probably can't scale from that.

I thought we were getting Overclock's speed from this calc, which doesn't have anything to do with the multiplication.

I completely forgot about that calc, but I'm not sure if 45% can be Hypersonic+ upscaling from that.

I mean, 45% being at least 2x faster than 20%, which upscales from Overhaul, who scales to Mach 5.7 shouldn't be unreasonable. I know we don't treat the percentage linearly, but if we did 45% would be over Mach 10 (Hypersonic+) in that case. I think 45% being baseline Hypersonic+ should be fine, but I understand if people disagree.

Last edited:
I mean, 45% being at least 2x faster than 20%, which upscales from Overhaul, who scales to Mach 5.7 shouldn't be unreasonable. I know we don't treat the percentage linearly, but if we did 45% would be over Mach 10 (Hypersonic+) in that case. I think 45% being baseline Hypersonic+ should be fine, but I understand if people disagree.
At least imo I agree on hypersonic+ 45% especially since there are cases where percentages either get a slight bump(5-8%) or go over Double(8% to 20%) the boosts in speed are extremely notable
So to me Hypersonic+ seems like a bare minimum for 45% plus itā€™s been heavily implied that at 45% heā€™s one of the faster characters currently fighting shigaraki

Assuming his fire was moving at the speed of a Baseball, they got Transonic results, less than Mach 1 I believe. You can't use his current speed since that would be calc stacking, though I just noticed Dabi has Unknown attack speed with his flames.

Assuming his fire was moving at the speed of a Baseball, they got Transonic results, less than Mach 1 I believe. You can't use his current speed since that would be calc stacking, though I just noticed Dabi has Unknown attack speed with his flames.
Oh because I was about to mention a Low on feathers Hawks got tagged by Dabiā€™s flames a few times(Granted he was mostly caught off guard when he did get hit)
But I quickly realized that this would probably inflate the scaling if calced that way though

Also while this might feel like a random thing but when Hawks page gets updated i think itā€™s worth noting on his page how he casually borderline Blitzed Endeavor Agency Arc 8% and Bakugo ofc this canā€™t be calced because we donā€™t know how far away Hawks was and weā€™d have to make a lot of assumptions

I mean, he's faster than Endeavor who scales above 30% Izuku. I mean we can put that there but it's a little unnecessary. Though it's possible the anime could give us something to calculate, but for now it's just some supporting evidence.

I mean, he's faster than Endeavor who scales above 30% Izuku. I mean we can put that there but it's a little unnecessary. Though it's possible the anime could give us something to calculate, but for now it's just some supporting evidence.
Yeah itā€™s just Supporting info at most for now and weā€™re probably gonna have to wait till late next year to see it in the anime because Iā€™m expecting endeavor agency to adapted near the end of season 5 like after ep17 or so although just an estimated guess

Also another thing to point out
Since Overhaul should Scale to overclocks Mach 5.75 speed calc and Shigaraki outpaced him at the warehouse and Chisaki remarking heā€™s like a cat(Ofc shigaraki isnā€™t cat level speed but cats can run very fast compared to us so thatā€™s likely what he meant)
And I donā€™t think this is inconsistent as in MLA arc the shigaraki clone is the only one who avoids Re Destros Blitz
So Likely we also Get Hypersonic Re Destro
Along side Hypersonic Rise of Villains to MLA shigaraki
Also Letā€™s not forget Shoto is gonna need supersonic+ for ROV saga for Half Cold for matching Endeavor Agency 8%
(Sometimes I forget how much a couple characters getting upgraded can change the entire cast)

Last edited:
So what's the deal with the plane? They gonna nuke Machia? lol
Edit: so it might actually be Jeanist. Pretty stoked for future developments, this arc ain't holding anything back.

Last edited:
So problem about Nine's speed, and many others speed.

I'm going to have to calc Nine's speed from this scene, when Bakugo is very close to him in order to see if we can get any good results. If not Bakugo and 8% characters will be downgraded back to being faster than Mach 1.9.
I've actually read from somwhere about something similar, specifically about nitroglycerin explosions' speed having great reduction compared to its detonation velocity just after propagating a few distances.
Does Nine dodges that?

Well, 8% would still downscale off reacting to Mirio who is comparable to Overhaul who is Hypersonic. So theyā€™d be somewhat ok on that front even if this calc doesnā€™t work out

Actually, I just realized something.

Rappa is the one whose attacks Knuckleduster said he couldnā€™t read even with his quirk, right?

That version of Rappa is from years in the past. He overwhelmed the Oā€™Clock quirk in a flashback.

So shouldnā€™t current Rappa be way faster than that, and that Rappa was the one Overhaul was casually stomping consistently?

He raises his arm to block it with his shield, a quick calc give me some bad results though. I found the distance between them is 11.37 cm, but even assuming the explosion lost 50% of it's speed, I'm getting results that are too high. Around Mach 90 or HHS+ Speed, which is an outlier since Wounded All Might is Mach 26.

Even assuming the explosion lost 90% of it's speed I get Mach 18 results, which is still an outlier so.

So yeah it's no good. I'm pretty sure 8% Izuku didn't react but predicted a casual Mirio, so I'm not sure if that means he'll downscale.

Also no on the Rappa thing, Knuckleduster said he couldn't find an opening to attack, but he could parry Rappa's punches just fine and even fake being knocked out by him. So Rappa just scales to Overclock's speed, he doesn't scale above. He may have gotten faster over the years, but by an unknown amount.

Unfortunate

Deku kinda reacted to Mirio reaching out to fake-touch his eye, and he launched a kick after Mirio had already appeared from the ground, which would be him reacting based on his prediction, not solely prediction. Heā€™s also gotten much stronger by the time Endeavor agency / Heroes Rising came around. Months of training should put him at least kinda closer to Mirio in speed given how much stronger he got in other aspects.

Didnā€™t mean to imply Rappa was faster, just comparable with his attacks. Either way, he absolutely should be faster years into the future since he does nothing but train/fight, and his quirks main function is the speed he punches at.

There's no way to say how fast Mirio was moving though, I highly doubt he was moving at his max speed, and kinda baseless to scale him to Mirio just because he's gotten faster over the months. I need something more concrete, which there doesn't seem to be.

If you all disagree with me that's fine, I just don't see how he should scale when he easily took them all down.

That would just put him at faster than Mach 5.7, since we can't give it a number it's not really an increase. Edit: I shall be disappearing for now, as to avoid spoilers.

Anyways, what would Post-Endeavor Bakugo's tier be? And Shoto's? Are there enough reason to assume they're on 30% Deku's level or any calcs?

Back