• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Calc

Speed of Midoriya 30%
Midoriya deflects a shot at point-blank range
Midoriya: 1.66m
The bullet traveled: 0.087m
I will assume that Lady Nagant's weapon is a Browning M2, as she is a sniper, a Browning M2 can have a speed of 1219m / s
0.087/1219 = 0.0000713 seconds
Distance traveled by Midoriya: 3,441m
3.441 / 0.0000713 = 48260m / s or Mach 140.702 (Massively Hypersonic)

186468866_1232684050520257_7862907332862597509_n.jpg

The gun was sticking into his gut. Wouldn’t he have moved before she fired? That’s the only way it makes sense, it’s just him outpacing her and not the gunshot itself.

There's some distance between Deku's stomach and the rifle that you didn't take into account.
Unless Izuku somehow stopped himself midair, he clearly traveled less distance than her bullet. Which means he's slower than her bullet, unless your saying her bullet increase in speed after they're fired? Also that's not where the bullet starts from, it should travel through the barrel.
I also don't think Deku stopped himself mid-air, but Deku doesn't necessarily need to keep moving hundreds of meters at that same speed, he could have performed a short burst acceleration which he quickly lost after dodging the bullet.

No, this calc is wrong.

Unless Izuku somehow stopped himself midair, he clearly traveled less distance than her bullet. Which means he's slower than her bullet, unless your saying her bullet increase in speed after they're fired? Also that's not where the bullet starts from, it should travel through the barrel.

And considering how it's drawn, Izuku definitely dodged before she fired.
Your calculation is wrong. You measured the entire distance the bullet WOULD'VE traveled instead of measuring the distance the bullet traveled before it would've reached Deku. The correct method would be to use the method the original calculation used.

TLDR; this isn't how projectile dodging calculations work.
I also don't think Deku stopped himself mid-air, but Deku doesn't necessarily need to keep moving hundreds of meters at that same speed, he could have performed a short burst acceleration which he quickly lost after dodging the bullet.
Why don't you prove that this happened? The only thing we see here is that Deku dodged the bullet, and presumably covered a few meters while doing so. With the way the panel shows it, it's probably fine to assume he dodged it in one quick burst of acceleration, instead of slowing down after covering the 3.4 meters

Earthyboy, that's not what I was doing... Do you understand the point I'm making?

If both Izuku and the bullet propelled themselves at the same time, than Izuku should've move a similar, or greater, distance as the bullet. But that's not what we see, the bullet traveled over 284 px and Izuku only moved 136 px. If he was faster than the bullet he'd move more than 284 px, but that's not the case.

So if the bullet was actually shot at the same time as he moved, as this calc suggests. Than either Izuku stopped in midair somehow, slowed down drastically, or Nagant's bullet magically got faster. None of those solutions make any sense whatsoever. The actual answer is very simple, Izuku moved before she fired her shot.

Also Izuku wouldn't be having any trouble dodging her shots if he was faster than her shots. This calc makes him almost 40x faster than her bullets, which is absurd.

Deku was having trouble WITH danger sense at over 1km distance away but this calc now says he can dodge when the rifle is literally sticking into his gut WITHOUT danger sense and WITHOUT Fajin as Fajin’s effect seemed to disappear.

This is Aim Dodging. But everyone already pointed out.

• Midoriya moved out of the way
  • Midoriya crossed X distance
  • Bullet is shown to cross a much greater distance in the same panel

- Midoriya is faster than the bullet????

Nah, this is clearly Aim Dodging.

Earthyboy, that's not what I was doing... Do you understand the point I'm making?

If both Izuku and the bullet propelled themselves at the same time, than Izuku should've move a similar, or greater, distance as the bullet. But that's not what we see, the bullet traveled over 284 px and Izuku only moved 136 px. If he was faster than the bullet he'd move more than 284 px, but that's not the case.

So if the bullet was actually shot at the same time as he moved, as this calc suggests. Than either Izuku stopped in midair somehow, slowed down drastically, or Nagant's bullet magically got faster. None of those solutions make any sense whatsoever. The actual answer is very simple, Izuku moved before she fired her shot.

Also Izuku wouldn't be having any trouble dodging her shots if he was faster than her shots. This calc makes him almost 40x faster than her bullets, which is absurd.
Oh, I see. I misunderstood you because of the pixel scaling. Then this should be dropped.

Leaks did hit and for one deku easily experienced time dilation when using fajin and blackwhip with 45% and moving faster than nagants speeding bullet and from a good range and that was while he was shifting trajectory while she was firing so the bullet had already been shot. The speed showcased here is gr8

Back