• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

its nothing to do with money its to do with staff and the production pipeline, Mob had significantly longer pre production than MHA, which despite releasing seasonally has a production closer to that of a weekly series.
I pointed that out several times. I just wanted to make the point of Bones treating MHA like a cash cow clear. Also the funding goes toward hiring freelancers and outsourcing stuff.

Mob had a lot of freelancers involved compared to MHA which is mostly done by inhouse staff

yeah but MHA issue isnt funding, they generally have a talented team and do actually care about the source material, the issue with MHA is mostly down to its production pipeline and some of the directors, in fact id say thats kind of a big issue right now with a lot of modern adaptions (minus a select few), the art is on point but the flat directing in combination with reliance on CG particle effects to sell quality hurts something that should otherwise use the mediums strength.

but a lot of anime fans eat it up because they see sparkling effects and associate it with higher quality (this isnt really relevant to MHA at all, but its a tangent im going on in regards to some other adaptions)

yeah but MHA issue isnt funding, they generally have a talented team and do actually care about the source material, the issue with MHA is mostly down to its production pipeline and some of the directors, in fact id say thats kind of a big issue right now with a lot of modern adaptions (minus a select few), the art is on point but the flat directing in combination with reliance on CG particle effects to sell quality hurts something that should otherwise use the mediums strength.

but a lot of anime fans eat it up because they see sparkling effects and associate it with higher quality (this isnt really relevant to MHA at all, but its a tangent im going on in regards to some other adaptions)
MHA biggest flaws are a Lack movement and direction. Ep 11 had pretty great movement and direction. Just the small touch of Bakugo stumbling while walking, blood dripping on a blade of grass and the grass interacting with the blood gave so much life the scene. It was actually moving. And the Plasma canon was absolutely great.

But aside from that most action just has A initiation - B impact - C End frame. No in between movement of any kind. Take for example -
vegito-final.gif

This is most attacks in mha. A Straight beam with not much going on. That's pretty much how most fights look, bland.

gogeta-blue-full-force-kamehameha.gif

This is those stand Out moments like All Might vs Nomu, Infinte 100% Deku, Endeavor vs Hood or the Plasma canon.

If every episode had that level of movement to it mha would be Golden. But that would require them to actually use the damn year they have to animate it.

Also the Backgrounds suck (I heard they outsource it most of the time). When they do make Backgrounds themselves like in the movies it looks great.

I was watching Code White, Anya holding her loo in has more movement than Deku vs Shigaraki had in S6

Alright, how about you don't upload gifs that slow down the speed I can load this page?

You can linked them, you don't need embed them into the page where I'm forced to see it.

Show rather than tell Rusty, you on a phone ?
No, I got crappy internet and it's been far worse recently for some reason.

However, I just remember a way to block gifs and I've done so. So actually I should thank you for that, now it's no longer an issue unless I want to see something.

This is most attacks in mha. A Straight beam with not much going on. That's pretty much how most fights look, bland.
i still havent forgiven them for what they did with Mirio vs Overhaul, i see some people defend it by pointing how the fight in the manga was just a collage of barely connected panels
If every episode had that level of movement to it mha would be Golden.
I dont need every episode to be like that but id assume they would be more creative in the most prominent fights
I was watching Code White, Anya holding her loo in has more movement than Deku vs Shigaraki had in S6
tbf Anya's poop scene has objectively a lot more cuts than some of the biggest anime around lol.

i still consider season 2 be in terms of animation craftsmanship the most consistent the series ever was.

that being said i dont think the anime adaption is bad but i do feel like its overtly safe in a way thats more frustrating than some lesser adaptions

i still havent forgiven them for what they did with Mirio vs Overhaul, i see some people defend it by pointing how the fight in the manga was just a collage of barely connected panels
Yeah those still frames were a problem, they honestly shouldn't of had them in the first place if they weren't going to animate it.

Especially since we didn't get any narration for how long he protected Eri either. I've always found that scene so weird because of it.

Yeah Bones really did a number on their reputation with MHA. People say the complaint started a Little with Mirio slideshow but with Infinite 100% right after it + the rest of the season and Hood vs Endeavor ending Season 4 was highly praised at the time.

Then Season 5 happened and the MVA stuff shifted the opinion and people started to point back at the Mirio scene. S6 then went on to go from a good start to whatever the **** this was
20221127_121616.jpg.webp

Hahaha reminds me of Early Dragon Ball Super.

But then the 2nd cour was solid.

God I hope they actually take their time with the final season instead of doing it yearly but since they’re a cash cow company I highkey have low expectations, like don’t get me wrong this season’s animation I found good but they definitely could do a whole lot better like they did in Mob psycho , especially since the series is literally done they should take their time and create movie level quality to perfectly end it.😪

Fûcking hell even tiktok isn't safe from the Deku cûck jokes. 125 thousand likes too?? And wtf is that caption. Can't deal with this shît, how am I supposed to enjoy MHA content when everywhere I go is filled with shît like this.
Screenshot-20240805-162408-Tik-Tok.jpg

Fûcking hell even tiktok isn't safe from the Deku cûck jokes. 125 thousand likes too?? And wtf is that caption. Can't deal with this shît, how am I supposed to enjoy MHA content when everywhere I go is filled with shît like this.
You trying to avoid memes on TikTok is like a person trying to avoid something where it is more likely to be (there is no punchline)

God I hope they actually take their time with the final season instead of doing it yearly but since they’re a cash cow company I highkey have low expectations, like don’t get me wrong this season’s animation I found good but they definitely could do a whole lot better like they did in Mob psycho , especially since the series is literally done they should take their time and create movie level quality to perfectly end it.😪
they should lowkey take a year off so that it can release in april 2026 to coincide with the anime's 10th anniversary

Rethinking about the epilogue as a whole it honestly gets worse everytime. Instead of UA graduation we could have a had a Award Ceremony for the heroes. With Deku and other main heroes receiving Medal of Honor for their service to the nation on national TV showing that Deku is indeed held high for his heroic acts.

And Commander Agpar comes to Japan to see the future heroes and seeing that Deku is losing his power decides to fund Deku's ironman suit made by David Shield's company and Melissa Shield. Given that he defeated the Villain that killed Star, her family decides to fund the future hero along with Endeavor and Mirko who are retiring and the government as a way of appreciation towards him. By the time he graduates the suit is ready.

Also weird ******* decision of not including him as a founder of Quirk Counseling Organization. Completely out of character for him to not get involved and out of character for Ochako to not involve him. So fix that.

And then have the Graduation as the ending chapter.

The 'I feel lonely" line is so damn unrealistic when you think how long 8 years are. So lets say nothing happened with Ochako and he doesn't get to talk to his friends from 1-A.

So he never met up with someone else in 8 years, although he is pretty much regarded as legendary as All Might himself by Dai and I assume rest of the public, works at the biggest school in Japan so is earning a lot and is a good looking guy in great shape. Yeah **** that, even if he is no Shoto, he would still have a lot of fangirls, but Hori will never let that happen.

He isn't friends with the new staff teaching at UA high somehow and just stuck on to his highschool friends from 6 years ago.

The 8 year gap really pisses me off because it meant to make it look like a lot of things happened, but nothing actually happened. 7 Year timeskip Gohan went from a 11 year old brat to a highschool kid with a girlfriend, Goku being Goku made a new form, Goten went from a fetus to spitting image of his father and Vegeta became a family man.

******* Krillen got laid for gods sake, he may have died 3 times, but holy **** did he score a W over the entire DB cast. Meanwhile Deku is like Yamcha, there is no difference after the timeskip. Still just Yamcha.

Considering MHA's 4th Movie is selling even better than the 3rd Movie, I think a 5th Movie is possible

I think a Movie covering the last usage of Deku's Embers would be really cool. Thanks to All Might, we know that you can use the Embers for quite a while and then have a big battle against an AFO level opponent before you run out, so we could definitely see that in a Movie

I miss the time when the thread wasn't about discussing ships.
It's not really a ship is it. That's like saying Goku x Chichi is a ship. It's not. It's canon. And honestly I wouldn't have given a **** if it wasn't for that "I feel lonely" line. It's like he wanted to **** him.

I don't care if doesn't end up with Ochako, but saying that he never moved on from 1-A and made no friends and never dated anyone for 8 damn years is just pathetic.

Aizawa - "Do you feel lonely ?"

Deku - "I used to after I graduated and couldn't meet my friends due to conflicting schedules, but hey the rest of colleagues really look upto me, it's been great working with them and things with the girl I told you about has been going really well, we are thinking of moving in together now."

Showing that he is meeting new people and making new friends, like you know, real people do.

Why is Deku's social relationship just circle around 1-A and end there. Hilarious that a certain someone here (not naming names) said that Ochako's life shouldn't revolve around Deku, yet Deku's life is written to revolve around 1-A.

Sorry if it sounded like that, but I'm not seriously complaining. You guys can talk about whatever you want in the general thread. I just find it funny the battlefield this thread has become.
Well until we get that Multi continental upgrade, we are pretty much all done with Match ups. I mean this isn't a youtube poll, we know how Deku vs Sukuna is going to go.

But just for you, here is a match up.
new-sukuna-illustration-is-odd-v0-u56og6fdxa8c1.jpeg

1 Finger Sukuna

vs

Sludge Villain
sludge-villain-running.jpg

Well until we get that Multi continental upgrade, we are pretty much all done with Match ups. I mean this isn't a youtube poll, we know how Deku vs Sukuna is going to go.

But just for you, here is a match up.
new-sukuna-illustration-is-odd-v0-u56og6fdxa8c1.jpeg

1 Finger Sukuna

vs

Sludge Villain
sludge-villain-running.jpg
Unironically Sukuna might be cooked.

The 'I feel lonely" line is so damn unrealistic when you think how long 8 years are. So lets say nothing happened with Ochako and he doesn't get to talk to his friends from 1-A.
He feels lonely because he can't be out there helping people.
So he never met up with someone else in 8 years,
Never says that, just that it's not common for them to all meet up together anymore.
He isn't friends with the new staff teaching at UA high somehow and just stuck on to his highschool friends from 6 years ago.
We don't know that, he's friends with Aizawa, so that's one.
7 Year timeskip Gohan went from a 11 year old brat to a highschool kid with a girlfriend
And people complained. Also, he got a girlfriend post-timeskip.
Goku being Goku made a new form
And he could only do that because he was dead.
Goten went from a fetus to spitting image of his father
That doesn't require any work from him, should've brought up SSJ, but people complain about that too.
Vegeta became a family man.
Idk, he beats the shit out of his son and states that he never hugged him once.
******* Krillen got laid for gods sake, he may have died 3 times, but holy **** did he score a W over the entire DB cast. Meanwhile Deku is like Yamcha, there is no difference after the timeskip. Still just Yamcha.
Krillin is the strongest human alive and him and Yamcha are the only main Z-Fighters who had real jobs before Super.

Plus, Yamcha was a world-famous athlete, he's got it all laid out for him.

Back