• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Anyways, now we can make crt for the profiles also update the characters ages on the profile to reflect the 8 year time skip

Anyways, now we can make crt for the profiles also update the characters ages on the profile to reflect the 8 year time skip
I, on the other hand, want to make minor fixes to scaling and skills that were overlooked...
Does anyone remember Tokoyami using weapons in Rising?
I currently have one CTR of Tailman active (although I also have a few CTRs pending for Danganronpa)

Horikoshi is definitely anti-romance. He was asked to say a secret in the MHA You are Next interview and he said that All Might has zero experience with women. And the guy is 55.

Plus apart from the already married parents, this series does not really tackle romantic relationships.

All we have got of bf/gf relationships is:
1. Natsuo and his gf/fiancee
2. Gentle and La Brava - this is the only relationship that can be said to have been developed within MHA's pages
3. Yo Shindo and Tatami - this was only confirmed in some side material, not even the main manga.

In the You are Next interview, the interviewer actually asked if Mt. Lady and Kamui Woods had anything going on and Horikoshi replied "No Comment". And considering even if we get spinoffs, they are unlikely to focus on these 2, it seems Hori just doesn't want them to be a thing despite subtly implying it before with the comment that they were getting closer pre-PLFW.

Of all the adult cast, they are basically all single dogs as long as they are not a parent of a UA 1A class member.

All Might, Hawks, Mirko (confirmed to be single in the You are Next interview), Aizawa, Mic, Midnight, all the Pussycats, etc are all single.
There are many characters whose private lives are not covered but they obviously don't have rings on their fingers nor is it ever implied that any dating is happening.

Same for all the students whether it is the Big 3 or 1A and 1B.

At most there were some blatant teases like Ochako/Deku, Kaminari/Jirou (especially in PLFW), and Ojiro/Hagakure (in TUM) but in the end nothing came of them.

I never thought most of these ships would sail in a big manner (outright asking each other out) but I have to say, I expected at least a slightly suggestive outing for some crepes with Deku and Ochako that left things a bit open-ended about whether they proceeded to be a thing or not. But what we got can't even be called open-ended at all unless Horikoshi reveals they were seriously dating or something.

I guess KamiJirou might have sailed since their hero agencies are depicted right next to each other but then again, knowing Hori he might just have them as really close friends even as adults.

Last edited:
Horikoshi is definitely anti-romance. He was asked to say a secret in the MHA You are Next interview and he said that All Might has zero experience with women. And the guy is 55.
To be fair, he probably doesn't want to date anyone because everyone is his fan, and when they didn't know he was All Might, he was just coughing up blood all the time.

I am so sorry Therefir you wanted fun but you had to use the ship with Dwarf Doomslayer on it

Oh and I just got reminded "Deku's dad will be revealed." is straight up a lie.

My headcanon, he divorced Inko and settled down with someone else abroad and just pays her alimony and child support. No ******* way does your son nearly dies 3 times and you can't even bother to check on him.

Deku himself has never once mentioned his Father. Like you'd think he would tell Todoroki something about his Dad after the whole "All Might's secret love child" misinfo. Or point out that as Shitty as Enji is, Atleast he is in their lives, unlike his dad.

Oh and I just got reminded "Deku's dad will be revealed." is straight up a lie.

My headcanon, he divorced Inko and settled down with someone else abroad and just pays her alimony and child support. No ******* way does your son nearly dies 3 times and you can't even bother to check on him.

Deku himself has never once mentioned his Father. Like you'd think he would tell Todoroki something about his Dad after the whole "All Might's secret love child" misinfo. Or point out that as Shitty as Enji is, Atleast he is in their lives, unlike his dad.
Yeah, what the hell happened there?

Horikoshi is definitely anti-romance.
That's a far too extreme of an opinion, you barely know the guy.

All Might makes sense since he has no life outside of his hero work, his only friend was found after AFO was "dead" and is a police officer. All Might doesn't have no family or even any friends, as he spent every single waking hour working as a Hero. Something much different than Izuku who has many friends, which is what he wanted. Even though All Might went to U.A., he very clearly has no friends from his school days. He never made friends and likely didn't interact much.

Mount Lady and Kamui Woods is a reference to when Mount Lady was asked the same question, she said no comment. He's making the same gag.

That doesn't mean anti-romance. Gentle and La Brava's existence says otherwise. Horikoshi choose what he wanted, isn't like it goes out of character or anything.

We barely know how Class A's life is even doing and we have no idea what's in store for the future. For all you know he left everything open for some other reason.

He doesn't have to be "anti-romance" like you're claiming here.

You clearly don't know Izuku as a character if you'd think he'd say that.

Though yeah, Izuku's dad was a complete no show to my surprise. Imagine that's the surprise on the fifth, to reveal some random background dude was his dad.

Either Horikoshi decided it was unimportant, couldn't come up with anything, or we've already seen him and we just don't know it yet.

Yeah a friend of mine was actually really upset because he thought Deku was poor and didn’t even have a statue. Hopefully the anime onlies actually drone these people out or perhaps MHA will have a Bleach type situation where some YouTuber takes a look at the series and changes the perspective on things for the better.
Or the worse.... SuperEyepatchWolf.....

Plus apart from the already married parents, this series does not really tackle romantic relationships.
it could also be that the romance stuff that is in the series were requested by the editors.

Back